awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Where's the damn flute [mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 16:21:13 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar heaved as he pulled himself down the road. His face was almost reflective from the buckets of sweat he had shed, and every inch of his body was covered in sand. He had just spent 8 hours in the desert, searching for a fossil in the name od good ol' Rocket. Fucking, why did they need so many damn fossils lately? Didn't they have enough? Oscar groaned as he fell to his knees. He just needed to catch his breath.

He looked to the prize he held in his hand, some sort of petrified plant. All this trouble for an anciet flower, good grief. Oscar slowly rose and resumed his journey. He was driven now not by payment, but by the shower that awaited him back at his apartment. It was going to be divine. 

He would soon be approaching the two cliffs that lead into Mauville, all he had to do was pass through and he would be home free. As he neared the ridges however, he swore he saw something wedged between them. Was--was that a snorlax? No, surely not. It had to have been a heat induced mirage, Oscar was probably just dehydrated. He walked right up to the bloated mass and attempted to pass through ot. He ended up just bouncing off its side. As he heard it snore, Oscar fell to his knees once again. His face contorted as he pushed back rage induced tears.

"No no no no no NO NO NO! I was so fucking close! Please!" He pounded on the blubbery oaf to no avail, before leaning his back against it and sliding into a sitting position. There was a way around this, he just had to think.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 22:59:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]it's a nice day for a walk and the cat at her side would definitely agree if she could. instead, she simply mewls her excitement as they wander the path. and while she doesn't exactly expect nice days to go wrong, they always somehow manage to? it's like the universe hates nice days or something. and perhaps the man she stumbles upon would agree.

"are -- are you alright?" it comes out more concerned than hesitant, even if she's not exactly certain of what's going on. she had heard his voice first, clearly distressed and almost... agitated? no, that isn't quite right. more like desperate, maybe? the scientist takes a step closer, bending in an attempt to find the man's eyes. her skitty, however, is not respectful of space and simply bounces right up to him with a curious coo.

and while her skitty tries to be a comfort to the man, illeana takes a moment to access the information in front of her. there's a very big pokemon wedged between the ridges on either side of the path. and from the snore it releases, it must be sleeping... a snorlax? what's it doing out here? her head tilts curiously as if this has never crossed her mind as something that happens often. sure, she's heard stories here and there but to actually experience it? a whole different situation.

her eyes drift back to the man and there's a softer look to her face when she speaks next. "are you, um, trying to get past this blockade?" is that the right thing to call this? or would it be more like a big wall of pure pokemon? she isn't sure. she'll flash a small smile anyway, drawing a little closer to hear his answer more clearly over the loud snores.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 3:53:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar turned as he heard a voice, his eyes wild with a mix of fury and despair. What he found was a young woman with her skitty, aka his way out of this mess. Oscar straightened up and calmed himself, "Sorry, you scared me there. Um yeah, help would be nice." He turned back toward the snorlax, dumb fat bastard was just snoring away. It's ignorance was insufferable.

Oscar sighed, "I don't know what to do though. I don't have a pokeflute and the only pokemon I have would get crushed by this thing. Ugh what a mess." Oscar scratched his head as he tried to plan. Maybe he could climb it? No, it was too blubbery, he'd just slip off. Oscar sighed and looked back to the woman.

"The name's Oscar, you wouldn't happen to know anything about getting rid of one of these, would you?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 23:09:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she doesn't flinch when she catches the look in his eyes. it should faze her, really... all that fury and panic. and yet, she recognizes it enough to offer a small smile instead. one that's reassuring, one that's usually needed to quell such a thing. at least, for her anyway. she'll wave a hand softly through the air, as if waving off the apology as nothing he needs to mention. "it's okay," she murmurs.

help. it's funny, she's never believed that she's been much help before. now, perhaps she will be.

she nods along with his words, her eyes drifting between his face and the slumbering snorlax. without a flute and a pokemon able to hold its own against such a beast, it's probably difficult to make much progress. and yet, the smile she wears shifts a little further. dare she say, almost confident in nature. "i don't know how well it'll work but," she pauses to gesture toward her skitty, who has now tried to climb on top of the snorlax to join its nap. "we could give it a try if you'd like?" while the cat is small and very much no match for snorlax, a recent tower challenge comes to mind and she's at least sure enough in the plan she has in mind to see it through.

illeana shifts a little closer, offering a hand to the man. "oscar," she repeats a little too chirpy, almost cringing at how content she sounds. her own name is murmured a little quieter, almost shy. "i'm illeana. it's nice to meet you!" with introductions out of the way, she angles herself toward the snorlax, a hum of contemplation escaping. will her idea work? or will it fail?

only one way to find out, she supposes.

"i don't, i'm afraid, but i have an idea." wake-up slap is the only thing she has but maybe it'll be enough. she glances toward oscar for a moment, head slightly tilting to one side. "let's see if it works?" she's uncertain now but that's to be expected from her. she's never been sure of anything, especially her own plans. but... it has to work or they're stuck here.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 16:53:56 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar squinted and pulled out a pokeball. "I mean you could but um..." He opened it and out came Clovis the dewpider, the only pokemon Oscar had brought for his mission. Clovis was very capable when it came to stealth and espionage, but not so much when it came to fighting. He had very delicate limbs, the Snorlax would likely crush him. 

Oscar winced, "If you're confident we can fight it off, by all means wake it up." Though to be honest Oscar wasn't very confident. I mean this chick had a skitty, which would probably last about five seconds after waking up this behemoth. Then again skitties were known to take on wailords in local legends, so perhaps all will be well. Still, Oscar was sure to stand back before nodding to the woman to cue her to begin.

It took a moment, but Clovis eventually caught on to what was happening. He looked to his master and shook his bubble. He did not wish to participate in this tomfoolery! Hadn't he done enough work today? Oscar nodded solemnly, "You'll do great buddy, I believe in you!" 

Oscar did not believe in Clovis, Clovis was about to have his soul body slammed into oblivion.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 21:25:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]ah, right. she had managed to forget the most important part of said plan: the fight afterward. and while she's sure both her skitty and his dewpider could hold their own, their opponent is massive and not in the massively cute department. no, this snorlax is all blubber and maybe even muscle. her brows crease together at the thought, suddenly a little worried.

"um," she attempts to get some words out but she's stumbling over them and maybe it's better to check if she has other pokemon on her. one quick feel toward her belt reveals she did, in fact, bring an extra. huh, good? hopefully... assuming the pokemon she brought can hold its own against a goddamn snorlax. "i might have some muscle on me once i wake it?"

only one way to find out, she supposes...

the quick pressing of a button brings with it a flash and then, a relieving sight. a golurk joins her side, discolored and perhaps too excited to see her and her company. the automaton coos, a large clay hand waving rapidly. "oh thank god," it's mumbled under her breath, as if the golurk being there means she won't have to watch her skitty get pancake'd.

"okay, this works, right?" she's glancing toward oscar for confirmation only to watch as he steps back and nods for her to begin. well, here goes nothing? "wake-up slap," illeana murmurs. the skitty, perhaps too playful and too excited to smack something, happily follows the order. and she's holding in a breath because oh god, what's going to happen when her skitty succeeds? they're about to find out.

a few quick slaps of paws against a blubbery face bring with them the sound of a loud rumble and then, the snorlax is rising and her skitty is very quickly tumbling back to the ground. she's scrambling to get the pink cat to safety before her golurk is stepping in to block them from harm's way.

"try hitting it with something!" she calls over her shoulder to oscar, the happy skitty safely bundled in her arms. and while she expects oscar to add to the fight, her automaton is taking initative and already swinging an arm out. she'd know that move anywhere, really. hammer arm comes quick and fast, connecting with the snorlax's face and moving it maybe an inch back? damn, they'll have to try a little harder it seems...

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 20:17:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Try hitting it with something--right. Oscar winced as he watched the Snorlax brutally combat the woman's Golurk. It almost looked like one of those kaiju movies, only far less destructive and somehow a tad sillier. 

Oscar called out to Clovis, "Clovis! Get in there and use Lunge!" Clovis looked back at his master, as if to say 'are you fucking joking right now?'. When it became clear his master wasn't joking, Clovis sighed and charged forward.

He skittered at top speed, a small aura forming around him as he charged toward the Snorlax. When he deemed himself close enough, he reared back and used his springy legs to leap a great distance. Letting out a clicking battle cry, Clovis slammed into the Snorlax.

Clovis found himself suddenly submerged in darkness. Did the impact kill him? That would be terrible, he had so much to live for. Such as--um--alright maybe this wouldn't be that bad. But then light appeared once more as he was flung back and flung effortlessly to the ground.

From Oscar's perspective, Clovis had leapt into the snorlax only to be flung back by his immense blubber. Oscar sighed, "Well shit um, just use Liquidation. Like, a lot." Clovis shakily got to his feet and after a bit of rest began making pressurized water pot-shots at the Snorlax between the Golurk's attacks.