2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 9:04:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Must've been one hell of a party," Skyler replied, maneuvering around the other boats in the docks before going into the sea proper. As soon as they exited the docks -- and most of the boats cleared away -- the vessel suddenly lurched forward, quickly gaining speed.

She usually went a bit slower than this when she was taking tourists on sightseeing tours, but they weren't really sightseeing now, were they? Ah, she'd missed this.

"I know of a place," she said loudly, talking over the glorious whistling of the wind. "There's a sunken ship north of Lilycove. Pirates attacked it recently, but it sank before they could get to the goods." The young woman had stumbled upon many places like these in her travels -- she'd been able to afford this boat for some reason. "What's your name, hotshot?"

● tags:
● notes: ...

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 13:14:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Ah, so she thought she was hot, huh? Yes, that's all he caught from that other than possible treasure and pirates got fucked.[break][break]

Getting up from his seat, and keeping a hand on anything he could while getting closer, Abner took a stance near her and the helm so that he could more easily speak and wouldn't have to shout too terribly loud.[break][break]

"Abner Kipling."[break][break]

To her, he'd either be an MMA fighter who just cleared a region wide tour, an officer at Slateport City, or a nobody. Which is exactly how he liked to keep it.[break][break]

"Skyler, right?"[break][break]

He just wanted to make sure he heard that right, in all the rumors.

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #765d75; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin: -5px; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 15:26:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Abner, huh?" she said, having absolutely no idea who he was. In her defense, she didn't even own a television. She was barely ever at home, so she didn't see any reason to invest in things she wouldn't use. "I usually offer my clients some drinks, but I don't think that's what you're looking for today. Hold on tight."

Skyler increased the boat's speed now that they were entering the high seas. She always got a little thrill at going full speed in the ocean -- especially in this speedy boat. It seemed to almost fly over some of the waves. "Anyway, welcome to the Mariner 2. Warn me if you get seasick."

She grinned up at him lopsidedly, her good cheer slowly trickling back, and held out her hand for him to shake. "Yeah, Skyler Dross, professional diver and treasure hunter."

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 16:06:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Where most would bark out a laugh, Abner's just nodding at her name and title before wiggling his brows at her and looking out toward the sea-- because shouldn't she be looking where she was driving?![break][break]

"Yeah, me too, Dross. Super professional."[break][break]

Which was a lie. He'd never gone treasure hunting before but he was excited to try it out. Why not, right? Seemed like an easy enough task. Dive down, get stuff, bring it up, get it appraised.[break][break]

Trick was knowing you had something good and not... fake. He was not going to be excited if it ended up fake.[break][break]

Though what he was really looking for? Megastones, or anything else that could further research for rocket. And an excuse to go through pirate shit and see how big of a threat they weren't.

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #765d75; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 19:47:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Mhmm." Skyler's eyebrows went up at his comment, but she said nothing. She had both starter and advanced equipment for all kinds of divers. Where they were going wasn't terribly deep -- but it was remote and difficult to access -- so it didn't matter all that much. She could already see the jutting rocks near the horizon. They would soon be there.

She tried to subtly do a once-over of the guy next to her, which probably wasn't very successful because she was rubbish at being stealthy. "You're freakishly tall," she told Abner, doing some math in her head. "But I have a suit that might fit you." They could go without suits, but it would be uncomfortable even with the smaller tanks she had available.

Skyler slowed down the Mariner 2 as they approached some sand banks and jutting rocks. She could go around, but it would take her an obnoxious amount of time, so she simply maneuvered until they reached the right spot. "The sunken ship is just ahead. Unfortunately there's a really nasty current between us and it and it'll drag us away. But I know a way in." She hesitated for a moment. "You're not claustrophobic, are you?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 12:59:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

....why? Was this a cosmic joke? Of course his one fear is going to be exposed the second he decides to do his own treasure hunting for himself and not for rocket.[break][break]

"I'll deal."[break][break]

Yes, he is claustrophobic, but it comes from a decent solid reason and he's not ashamed of it at all. He's hardly ashamed of anything... as a matter of fact, I'm not sure he's ashamed of anything.[break][break]

"What's the way in?"[break][break]

If she explained it to him, then he could mentally prepare himself. He could try and get his mind settled. Wouldn't mean he wasn't gonna be a bundle of nerves when they got down there, but maybe he could trick himself. Or perhaps he just wanted her to keep talking.

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 20:19:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler crossed her arms over her chest and stared at Abner. "I'll need to know if you can't handle tight spaces, hotshot. This is important. Panicking while underwater is dangerous." She'd had her fair share of cocky amateur divers losing their shit -- it was doubly dangerous when you couldn't just come up for air.

"Do you see those rocky outcroppings?" She pointed at the nearby rocks. "Beneath those there's an underwater cave that descends into the ocean floor and it'll take us directly to the sunken ship. There's a place where we can stop midway through. The tunnel does get... tight at times."

She threw out the sea anchor to make sure the Mariner 2 wouldn't drift away while they were gone.

"Wait a moment." Skyler disappeared into the cabin for a few moments before coming out with a suit for Abner. She was already wearing hers. Abner's would probably fit him like a second skin, but she didn't have any bigger. She also brought tanks, masks and other diving equipment.

Skyler threw the suit at the man, a bright, challenging glint in her eyes. "You can change down there," she pointed at the cabin.

● tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 11:55:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

It made sense that she'd have to know if he was claustrophobic or not. But that didn't mean that he wanted it broadcasted to the universe that he was. Why? Because somehow, in some way, might be watching and he'd find out. Which suddenly brought to Abner's attention, did he already know??[break][break]

Thoughts scrambled like crows from branches as she threw a wetsuit at him. He looked it over, then smirked at her invitation below so that she didn't see him change.[break][break]

"Aye-aye, captain."[break][break]

With that, he made his way down and changed, inspecting random parts of the ship as he made his way down, changed, and back up. Once he emerged, really feeling basically naked under the suit with how tight it was -- not that he minded, though -- he emerged and took a sobering breath of the ocean breeze.[break][break]

"I'm good with tight spaces, so long as I have an entrance and exit. If it's not completely boxed off, I'll be fine."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 15:02:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

When Abner exited the cabin, Skyler had already strapped the diving equipment to her torso, and was wearing her own wetsuit. Unlike the others who were either black or dark blue, this one had shapes of bright silver in places. She looked over at him and nodded. "I was a bit afraid that it wouldn't fit you, but it seems fine." She nodded to herself. "C'mere."

She took the rest of the equipment to strap it around Abner's own torso, making sure everything was in working order as she did. She hmm'ed at the man's words. "You should be fine then. We'll stop midway through to take off our masks and rest. If you feel like you can't breathe or if you start to panic just give me a poke since I'll go ahead."

She could almost recite her words in her sleep, she'd said them so many times. Yet this time there was a small fluttering in her at the thought of exploring the sunken vessel. She was growing excited and it showed in the way she gave Abner a bright grin. She bumped her fist againt his arm. "Who knows, maybe you'll find a treasure?"

The water was a blessing against her skin as she let herself into the ocean. She'd wait for Abner to enter the water and then immediately head down to the cave's entrance.

● tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 15:37:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

When beckoned, he went to her. He remained still as she reassured him. Really, she was speaking into a hollow man. He wouldn't tell her he was struggling and he'd likely internally scream a few times as a result. However, as she entered the water, he showed no hesitation in following her and parroting her motions as she did them.[break][break]

The cool of the water had him taking in a deep breath once he'd surfaced and began putting the mask on along with her. Each second that passed made him more anxious to get in the vessel, explore, and get the fuck out of it.[break][break]

Ready when she was, he gave a thumbs up to signify she could start. And wherever she went, he followed. While he wasn't like class-A swimmer, he could navigate waters well enough, and he'd read up on diving so he had a basic understanding of terms and the like.[break][break]

Why? Because if had taught him anything, it was always get your facts and information before jumping head first into anything. But shh, don't tell Marcy, cause if he found out Abner learned a lesson from him Abner'd never live it down.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 16:39:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She'd forgotten how dark it got once you entered the cave and followed the tunnel down.

She held a flashlight in her hand, having given the other to Abner. Once they were a few meters into the cave it veered sharply down and then a dozen times more into different directions -- the whole experience could be very disorienting because you ended up not knowing which way was up and which was down.

Skyler swam through the tight spaces with the ease of someone who had done this several times before, pausing only sometimes to check on the other diver behind her. She paused sometimes at crossroads too, checking her mental map before briefly continuing.

They must've been twenty minutes into their dive when Skyler stopped and looked at Abner, signalling that she was going to swim up and that he should follow.

It took her some time to reach the surface, but when she did, she found herself in the shadows. Above her was a cathedral-like ceiling with a small hole at the top that let her see a sliver of the blue sky. Around her was sea water and a small beach made out of little stones. She waited for Abner to follow her. "Not long until we reach the sunken ship." She said, taking the mask off for a little while. She studied the man, trying to find anything wrong with his expression. "Doing well?"

● tags:
[/font][/div][/div][/div]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 17:21:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

"Well I'm alive anyway."[break][break]

If he was 'well' or not was still up in the air. He had taken his mask off as well, following all of her cues and, unashamedly, focused mostly on her body the whole swim instead of the close corners. Every once in a while a pokemon would distract his thoughts.[break][break]

All in all, he was doing well. The sight around him was a decent distraction as well.[break][break]

"I'll have to remember this place when I need a get away."[break][break]

It'd be a hell of a secret hide out if he ever needed to get away and disappear for a while. Just enough room for him and the essentials... real wet, but, he'd lived in worse conditions.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 21:30:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's lips quirked up at Abner's reply. "Good," she said, her voice echoing oddly in the somewhat underwater chamber. "You're doing better than I'd expected." She let herself appreciate the space around her, using the time to review her mental map of the next trek of their dive.

"It's a great place if you need to hide for a little bit," she agreed with Abner. "It's also high tide, so when tide gets low it gets more spacious. A bit humid though -- there are better ones."  She knew her fair share of secret coves and hidden underwater caves due to her extensive exploration of these waters. A lifetime, she thought, wouldn't be enough to discover all the nooks and crannies in these waters. 

"Okay, when we actually get to the ship we can go separate ways, if you'd prefer." She gave the man a small device. "We can text each other through that. My suit also has these bright patches so you should be able to see me from a distance just in case."

Her head tilted to the side. "Ready to continue, hotshot?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 13:17:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Wait she was abandoning him in the deep abyss? They'd be in open water by then, and he'd be able to physically see her from a distance, so he pretended it was fine by nodding his head.[break][break]

"Aye aye."[break][break]

Being that he's uncomfortable, he's a man of few words. He puts his gear on like he's supposed to and follows her lead. Their separation isn't right away, and they have a texting device, which is nice. So he can misspell all the words in the world while he's in a panic later.[break][break]

Honestly, it's why he brought himself some help. When she's pretty well out of his general vicinity, he's pulling out a pokeball and releasing his gyarados, Ara. The dragon allows Abner to grab hold, before slowly making her way through the water with him attached. The less work for him, the less he panics, and the less oxygen used--right?

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
looting [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 16:18:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler was quick to nod and to put the breathing apparatus back on, giving Abner a thumbs up before diving back into the dark waters.

She didn't know Abner very well and she was basically shit at reading people anyway, so she had absolutely no idea about his discomfort. Practical as ever, she only stopped to make sure Abner was still behind her before continuing forward, slowing down when the tunnel veered sharply into random directions.

The light of the open waters eventually reached them and the tunnel opened up into endless blue, pale sands and the remains of a sunken ship about one-hundred meters or so ahead of them.

'If u need me message me. Emergency click the red button. Wont be far. DONT SWIM UP.'

The device didn't beep, but vibrated in order to catch the wearer's attention -- it's not like they could hear it underwater anyway.

Message delivered, Skyler skillfully swam a bit away from the sunken ship. It wasn't really her first time here -- she'd already seen the wreck and taken a couple of things for her own, but Abner needn't know that. There were still loads of valuable things in there depending on what you were after.

She was alarmed when she saw a Gyarados, but then she noticed Abner and let out a sigh of relief. She did not want to deal with territorial wild Pokémon. With that in mind, she let out Sirena, who swam around Skyler and gently bumped her. The Lapras didn't know Hydro Pump, but her singing could make the most aggressive Pokémon fall right asleep.

● tags:

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing