thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 17:10:55 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the call goes out and lance has no time to hesitate. he's running towards the pier, bracing through the pangs of pain that pulse from his left leg. it should be anyone else but he's closest to the scene and the most seasoned, so his injury is something he'll have to quickly overcome, as difficult as it may be. he brings a hand up to tap at the earpiece; a force of habit he can't quite seem to break.

"volley, requesting backup at the pier."

the codename feels unfamiliar on his tongue but he has no time to dwell on it. he arrives at the pier, panting when he normally wouldn't. dread fills him as he peers around the vicinity, searching for the numbered container. he wastes no time in calling out his porygon 2.

"find it."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 0:11:18 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]this wasn't his sort of job, but since the intel had come from him, it'd been deemed easier to place marcel on this mission than to waste time explaining it all to some grunt. marcel has worked with rocket long enough to know what that's code for: short-staffed.
[break][break]
he should have just called ...
[break][break]
from where he is, he can just about see the slight limp to lance's run. admittedly, he hides it extremely well. marcel' continues to observe under the shield of his zoroark's illusion. some meters off stands the container lance is looking for--behind it stands his electivire, who begins to set up an ELECTRIC TERRAIN around the area.
[break][break]
mimicing lance's gesture, marcel presses a finger to his earpiece. "strike to volley," he murmurs, "backup's on its way."
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 8:17:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]a subtle zap stops him in place as he reaches the numbered container.

"what is it?" it escapes as a whisper and though his porygon 2 is unable to respond with words, two more zaps is how it communicates. lance narrows his eyes and peers around the vicinity, in search for the two apparent threats only to see nothing. perhaps it's overconfidence that wills him forward; he reaches for his earpiece once more.

"understood. i'm at the container."

the TRACE finds two pokemon and porygon 2 is unable to decide which one it should target with its LOCK-ON. the growing ELECTRIC TERRAIN remains unnoticed as lance decides to proceed with the assumption that backup will soon arrive. he reaches for the handle of the container and attempts to pull it open.

[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 2:09:44 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the container door opens, but there's hardly a chance to get a proper look inside. marcel's electivire works quickly. already beginning to move as soon as his hand had touched the handle, the electric-type comes up behind lance and attempts to slam an ELECTROWEB over him.
[break][break]
marcel watches the scene unfold. he can feel the agitation of his zoroark, placing a hand on its shoulder to try and placate it. "stay."
[break][break]hand moving to his ear once more, he switches voice channels to connect to his electivire's earpiece.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 5:51:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance doesn't hear the subtle footsteps of the electivire until it's too late to even react. luckily, he doesn't have to, as a PSYCHIC envelops him whole only to toss him to the side. he crashes against an adjacent container, wind knocked out of him, as he instinctively brings a hand to his belt.

a flash of white illuminates before being replaced by a burning red and orange. the magmortar stands strong, shoulders and tail burning, and positions himself between his trainer and the electivire.

"find the other one."

porygon 2's TRACE searches the vicinity once more. for now, lance stands his ground, unwilling to cower even in the face of danger. he watches closely but his attention will need to be divided soon. and that makes him vulnerable.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 20:44:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the gears are turning as the porygon2 scans the area. "shit." he's reaching for his earpiece again. "galvantula move in. gastro acid on the porygon2."
[break][break]
the galvantula moves on command, crawling out from within the container to hurl its GASTRO ACID at the porygon2. marcel had intended on trapping the ranger in with it, but plans must adapt.
[break][break]conscious that he may have already been located, marcel tugs at his zoroark as he finds another position to look on from. the illusion holds strong. as he catches sight of the magmortor, marcel's forced to accept this battle won't go as swiftly as he would've wished.
[break][break]
"electivire, light screen."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
ansa [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 19:28:24 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]it's dangerous to act based on assumptions and when the galvantula reveals itself from within the container, it becomes clear that they desperately need more information. to fight the unknown puts them at a disadvantage, and lance knows exactly how deadly that can be.

the pitter-patter from within the container does not go unheard. it allows porygon 2 a brief moment to react. a MAGIC COAT surrounds its body, covering it with a protective layer that renders the effects of the GASTRO ACID useless.

the TRACE finally finds the zoroark, and while its ILLUSION cannot be copied, it does give the normal-type a good sense of its location. but the interruption from the galvantula allows the zoroark to roam free for a bit longer.

lance finds another pokeball to level the playing field. the spiritomb pulses to life; shades of purple and green swirling in odd unison.

"confuse them."

two CONFUSE RAYS target the electric-types.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing