twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 18:58:36 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
the jagged pass did not treat him well -- though cirina and roan were given an opportunity to bond with him, the price was an invading storm of tempestuous winds and raining onslaught. zeke had been lucky enough to evade the worst of it, his clothes only taking a short shower before finding cover. the wait was tedious, but the storm passed and he found himself hiking the rest of the way to lavaridge town in the slick conditions of the storm's aftermath.

and then he ate shit about halfway to his destination; thankfully, the gods were smiling just enough to spare him to humiliation of an audience.

now he rolls a pokeball in his right hand as he stands by a fencepost on what he believes to be the outskirts of town. a gash runs along the length of his left forearm, a reminder of the slip from before, blood still fresh on the skin. he is without a first aid kit for the first time in a while, an irony he does not fail to recognize as he eyes up the wound.

"you're worth it, right?" his voice is soft as zeke speaks to the pokeball, a convenient stand in for the duosion he's just captured.

his eyes fall back to the ugly mess on his arm. a gash -- such a small problem, something the veteran would not take a second look at if it weren't so ugly to the rest of the world.

a ranch sits beyond the fence, its small town charm luring him in with the potential promise of a quick bandage before going on his way. the less bloody of his hands pushes through a latch door, and his towering figure searches for the entrance of the house.

@spring
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 19:33:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
herding pokemon was a tough , tough job ! especially when wind and rain whipped around you like a , well . . . whip ! it had smacked his face and blown his hair in a multitude of different directions . after about twenty minutes of getting all the creatures where they belonged , he entered his house and let out a long , drawn out sigh , eyes closing as water dripped from his hair and clothes . shaking his head a little to get some of the liquid out , he rushed to the bathroom and removed his soaked clothes before drying off with a towel and slinking upstairs to get some warm , dry apparel .

when that was completed , he slipped the towel on his head , allowing it to wrap around that crown of blonde hair . after finally letting his heart calm down , he went back downstairs to fix some lunch - - might as well while there's a storm blowing about !

with time , the rains subsided - - it was growing darker outside , which meant night time would be right around the corner , so , it was fine for the pokemon to stay in their stalls . he hadn't taken the towel off , mostly because he'd forgotten - - the weight became familiar to him and , after his hair dried , he just forgot that piece of cloth was even up there .

so , when there was a knock at his door , he answered it , tank top hanging loosely off his shoulders and shorts riding up past his knees just a tad . . . oh , and the towel on his head , too . nice addition to the whole outfit . ' hey , there ! how may i help ya , darl - - ' his blue eyes flickered to the stranger's arm , noticing a bit of blood dripping onto his porch . ' o - oh , my ! uhm , yes , no - - ya ain't gotta say a word - - i'll be right back ! ' he went to close the door , taking a step back before realizing - - hey ! the towel would work just fine for now !

removing it from atop his head , he stepped out , barefooted , and took the much taller man by his wrist . he was so focused on fixing up the wound , he didn't even notice how wild his hair looked - - though , it was still extremely soft to the touch . . . but , enough about that ! bradley was now wrapping said towel around that large gash , pressing against it and tugging on the other gently . ' folla' me , alright ? ' and off he went , dragging the man along behind him .

when he got to the bathroom , he took out the first aid kit , his wet shirt , pants , and underwear still on the seat of the toilet . taking out some needle and thread , he took the towel away and ran cold water over it before drying it up with the same , now pink , cloth that had been on his head . ' ahhh , ah , ah . . . looks pretty deep , doll - - definitely gonna have ta stitch it up , alright ? ya ready ? ' as he asked this , he let go of the stranger , ran a hand through his own hair , and began to push thread through the eye of the needle , tying it up and glancing at his new companion .

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 20:39:59 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
something about a stranger trudging up your lawn with an arm covered in blood is uninviting, perhaps even alarming. zeke, of course, realizes this a bit too late, the urge to turn around interrupted by the appearance of a little man from the doorway he'd just knocked on. his face takes its usual shape -- stoic, uninterested -- making his appearance all the more strange to anybody who has to see him.

"sorry to bother y -" the unrehearsed line is interrupted, unneeded. after a moment of eye contact, they're both looking at his arm.

the worry is all for nothing, the drawling boy spitting out a whirlwind of essentially unintelligible sounds as he looks about frantically for a way to help zeke. "the towel works great. sorry to bug ya." with it draped over his arm, zeke presses it against the wound and follows his companion into the house without so much as an introduction. a moment passes, then another; he takes in some of the quaint surroundings as he makes his way toward their destination.

the boy reappears with a first aid kit and inspects the wound. zeke winces at the touch, eyes drifting up from the injury to the face of the boy who suddenly wants to stitch up his arm. his face is youthful and spritely, a stark contrast to zeke's weathered visage.

he shrugs off any concerns regarding the boy's abilities, knowing he himself would do a shit job. "doesn't have to be pretty."

beneath the blood, numerous scars from kanto already call his arm home. adding another does not bother zeke.

"i'm zeke, by the way. guess you should know my name before you go fixin' me up."

@spring
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 21:10:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
' n' my name's bradley . ' he grinned and winked at zeke , teeth remarkably straight . ' nice name ! welcome ta the holland farms where we apparently do medical work now . ' he hoped the joke would register as he wasn't used to being able to come up with them fast enough . that one certainly made him proud though as he chuckled a little at it .

turning his head back down to focus on his work , he quickly stitched up the wound . it only took about ten minutes , but the lines were perfect and almost professional looking . ' there we go . painless , yeah ? i've had ta do it many times in the past , so i've become almost an expert at it . ' he used the towel to wipe off the blood all over zeke's arm , making sure to get it a little wet first . and then he washed his own hands of blood , humming a small tune before ceasing and throwing the towel into his dirty clothes bin .

' alright - - let's get ya somethin' ta eat'r drink , m'kay ? ya look a lil' ragged , ya know ? ' but handsome ! ' i've got loads'a food in my fridge . got some fruit , too ! pecha berries , leppa berries , got some torchic eggs n' even some sweet tea , if ya like that ! i know i love it . . . oh , gosh , i really need a glass of it now , since i thought of it . ' and off he went into the fairly large kitchen .

bradley lived on a ranch , yes , but it was obvious his family was well off . the house itself was huge , and the kitchen seemed to be decked out with a lot of nice equipment . it wasn't like they showed off their wealth , but they did enjoy having the space to move around and such !

taking down two glasses , the breeder poured some sweet tea in one and hesitated over the other , throwing his eyes up at zeke . ' want some , darlin' ? ' he asked , ready to dump it in .

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 21:52:38 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
he owes the dryness of his chuckle to his own concentration on bradley's stitching. the process is mesmerizing as bradley's dancing fingers enrapture the vulnerable officer. he laughs softly once again, this time at the quality of the job as they sit in silence and let the rancher do what he did not realize ranchers could do. with the final snip of the line and the last traces of crimson off his arm, zeke shakes his head.

"wow...thanks, bradley." he watches the boy - no, man - wash his hands of the work he's just completed as if it was a necessary daily chore. "you could do that for a living. if i had the money, i'd hire you to follow me around and fix me up." he wriggles his fingers and turns his arm over again and again as he closely inspects the closed wound.

bradley's potential pass at zeke goes unnoticed while he looks at his arm, only hearing something about a drink. "that would be great." he calls into the next room, tearing his gaze away from the arm to look back at the house around him. it truly is a beautiful home, certainly outsizing any place he's lived in by more than double. "lovely home." its a phrase he's heard people say on tv. he wonders if he sounds weird saying it.

a glass of tea is in front of him; he nods and takes it, the saccharine taste wowing him on the first sip. how much of its goodness is due to dehydration goes unknown, but zeke doesn't care. thirst overpowers manners, and he downs the whole glass within a few seconds.

embarrassment seems to line his eyes when he takes another look at the kind host. "this stuff is amazing."

"so you guys are ranchers? like, breeders?"

@spring
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 22:23:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
a happy little flutter in his chest - - oof , what a weird feeling . . . but it made him extremely mirthful that zeke liked his handiwork ! a stranger had no reason to lie about something like that , after all . they could have said it was a poor job . it only solidified his shaky confidence , allowing him to beam with pure , youthful joy . ' thanks ! i'm glad ya like my stitchin' n' i'm glad ya like my home ! ' his voice was quite loud and it carried throughout his house . it'd have been hard NOT to hear him .

watching as zeke downed the glass like he was at a bar , bradley took the cup and filled it up once more before putting the pitcher away . he took a seat on one of the stools , twisting his hips from side to side as the round cushion followed his firmly planted rear . ' i love it ! got sweet tea runnin' in my veins . ' he took a sip of the golden brown drink , before nodding his head at zeke's question .

' yes , we're breeders . it's a pretty fun occupation , if ya ask me ! no college skills needed , either . jus' gotta tell a male from a female , put 'em tagether , n' if they're compatible , then , boom ! ya got yerself an egg . ' that smile was still on his face . ' i mean , it's a lil' more complicated than that sometimes , what with the registered pokemon n' their papers n' such , but it ain't too hard . '

' n' what about yerself ?

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 2:09:25 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
bradley is quick to snatch the glass away and fuel him up more, zeke's eyes hungrily watching the tea pour into the glass. he takes it back with a nod, satiated enough now to sip it like a polite, respectable human being. his nod continues, this time to confirm that he's listening to bradley. he knows next to nothing about breeding and credits the simplicity of the duty to bradley's oversimplification for zeke's sake. nevertheless, it sounds enjoyable.

"i'm sure it's not all fun and games all the time." his tone is assuring, knowing full well that it is a job he was never suited for. the question naturally bounces back to him.

"i'm a cop, actually. over in mauville, so not too far from here. though it's certainly a world away in some senses..." his voice drifts off into thought, the statement meant to be a comparison of lavaridge's more rustic charm to mauville's bastardized futuristic feel. god, he hates it there.

"i was up in the mountains training." it comes out cooler and more mystifying than it really was. "came down here to lavaridge to rest up before heading off on a league assignment. gotta find any ways i can to get out of mauville."

@spring i kind of hate this reply i'm sorry i'm just so tired!!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 4:35:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
' yeah , it's still a job - - so , not everything is fun . i'd be lyin' if i said cleanin' out stalls fer my mudsdales n' rapidashes is fun . . . cause it ain't . ' another sip of his tea as he listened closely to what zeke had to say . a police officer ! what a cool job . . . it kinda made him feel warm inside - - a little safe , too . ' mmm . . . ' he hummed softly , a little thump in his chest . ' s'nice ta be in the presence'a someone so filled with justice . ' he was murmuring into his cup , smiling a little as his cheeks began to hurt .

yeah , he was right , lavaridge was much more different than mauville . a lot more peaceful .

with a pop of his pink lips , he set the glass down . ' a league assignment ? ' bradley questioned , a small sparkle twinkling in his eyes . he had always wanted to travel through hoenn on a mission or something like that - - but zeke didn't need to know that right off the bat . . .

' what . . . what're ya doin' on this assignment . . . ? i'd - - love ta know . ' his brows were raised , gaze staring deep into the other's eyes as he wiggled his rear to sit up a little more . he was like an excited lillipup . . . adorable .

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 2:53:26 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
"if you enjoyed cleaning up shit, then i think we might have an issue."

the glass presses against his lips again, and he sips on the sweet nectar. it's a convenient mask for his mouth, which tugs upward into a small smile as his new cohort makes more than tangible passes at him. the passes do just that -- pass -- his eyes portraying no semblance of picking up the queue. it's cute, perhaps possible, if not for bad timing.

the shift of conversation is welcomed. "somethin' about pokemon trying to eat away at pacifidlog town." bradley's piqued interest, like his previous passes, do not get by zeke, though it comes across as rather obvious. eager for more concrete information, zeke digs his good hand into his pocket and pulls out his phone. "yeah...mareanies are compromising pacifidlog town's structural integrity. guess that's what you get for building a log village out in the ocean..." his voice trails off for a moment, eyes searching for something invisible on the floor as he ponders the concept. it really is silly.

"you ever been to pacifidlog? it's pretty neat."

@spring

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 3:31:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
that little comment caused him to snort into his sweet tea - - he wasn't used to vulgar language , though , so , it did come as a small shock to him . but it wasn't bad ! just a bit foreign . he had a pretty good mouth on him after all - - never so much as uttered a curse word .

' oh my - - yeah , i heard 'bout them pesky lil' invaders . they're eatin' all the corsola n' stuff ! ' he might not have been too experienced in seeing things outside of his town , but he did watch the news frequently . it allowed him to close his eyes and picture what it would be like to stand there and be in those regions . . . it gave him an escape . . . until the time came for him to do stuff , then he'd be knocked out of his little day dreams .

had he been . . . ? ' . . . no . i ain't never been - - in fact , i ain't never gone further than , like , mauville when we've needed supplies . other'n that . . . it's jus' been this town fer eighteen years . ' he nodded once and sighed just a tad . ' i'd love ta go one day - - in fact , i wanna go ta the beach . . . go swimmin' n' get tan by relaxin' instead'a workin' . it'd be nice . . . ' bradley's blue eyes slipped shut as he drifted off into another day dream , his body rocking from side to side .

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 17:25:14 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
zeke watches bradley marvel at the idea of the beach like it is something from another dimension. he's familiar with the look -- or, at least, the concept of it -- from the days in saffron when he wanted to be anywhere but there. he grins all the while, nodding along as the man before him fantasizes. when he finishes, zeke takes another sip of tea in the transient silence, perhaps for dramatic effect. he can feel bradley's eyes on him.

"come with me then." the suggestion comes out in a tone that reveals just how serious zeke is about the proposal. he takes another sip of his tea -- so sweet. "it won't take long I'm sure. you'd be back within a day..." he's looking around the room again, taking in the coziness of it all. if zeke had grown up in a place like this, maybe he'd never leave either. he certainly can't blame bradley for taking advantage of what he has, even if he has no idea what he's missing.

"you'll get half the pay, plus a free little trip, even if i do all the work. consider it a thank you for stitching me up."

@spring

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2018 23:11:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
after a few minutes of silent daydreaming , bradley opened his eyes back up and let them land on zeke , watching as he took a long , slow sip of his sweet tea . he looked like he had something to say . . . it was driving him mad !

and that's when the offer was extended to him . bradley froze , blinking a few times and just staring at the man like he was crazy - - but the tone in his voice and the way he stared back sunk in . . . he was serious about it . . . so serious , in fact , it almost made him agree right then and there !

but he held out , allowing zeke to explain more about it . the offer was extremely tempting . . . and he had to think for a few more minutes , glancing away while he did . he would be paid , get a small trip , and it would be a thank you present , basically . . . what more could he ask for ?

biting his bottom lip , the breeder glanced up and made eye contact with him once more . ' if ya're serious . . . n' ya ain't tuggin' my leg n' stuff . . . then , yes . yes ! i'll go with ya n' help fer sure ! ' towards the end of his sentence , he grew excited , face lighting up as he grinned from ear to ear in joy . ' it'll be a lotta fun , i'm sure of it ! '

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 1:21:56 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
zeke gets his answer. bradley is excited, and it brings a smile to zeke's face. the stoic look goes by the wayside for childlike joy, or so it seems. he brings himself to his feet, glass of finished off tea on the table beside him as he lets out a huff. taking a moment to look at his bandaged arm, he looks to bradley. "awesome."

his hands clasp together -- he's ready to get moving. "i need to stop at the PC and take out my altaria and yanmega as a means of, you know, getting there. i'm sure either of them could carry you." bradley is pint-sized next to zeke.

"then we can get on the move. shouldn't take too long getting there. if you wanna bring a change of clothes or stuff, you might wanna grab them now. like i said it'll only be a day...i wasn't planning on staying too long."

the rush in his voice stops, and he takes in a deep breath. a chuckle escapes his lips; he feels bad rushing the guy. "sorry. take your time. don't mean to shove you out the door."

@spring

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 1:41:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
as soon as he agreed to go with zeke , it was as if a switch had been turned on - - his mouth began moving a hundred miles an hour as he started to explain to bradley what was about to happen . like a kid in school who had no idea what was being taught , the breeder stared at his new friend with eyebrows raised in surprise .

' o - oh , no , no , ya're fine - - ya seem excited , i . . . i think . which is a good thing ! but , yes - - lemme pack a bag . do ya wanna stay the night here , or get down there n' stay somewhere ? i wouldn't mind stayin' down there tanight n' comin' back tamorr'a evenin' . we can eat some good food n' listen to the ocean ! it'll be nice - - a new experience ! ' he was growing more excited by the second . ' think of an answer while i pack ! be right back ! ' and off he went , scurrying up the stairs .

zeke didn't get to see it , but watching bradley pack was quite amusing - - he wasn't sure what to bring , so , he just guessed . . . he looked like such a lost little mareep , but eventually he got the hang of it !

after a few minutes , he bounded down the stairs before meeting back up with the man . ' alright , got everything packed ! didja think of what ya wanna do ? oh , n' before you can protest , i call the altaria ! ' he laughed joyously , plopping his bag on the floor .

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
PROMISES
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2018 1:47:02 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
zeke's excited? he goes to shake his head in amusement, seeing this as just another job, but stops. perhaps he is excited. perhaps this is a welcome change of pace, the whole rustic, pastoral thing that's happening here. maybe he's excited!

upon interrogation, zeke is given no opportunity to tell bradley whether or not they should stay in lavaridge or pacifidlog before the smaller man tore off to his bedroom. he has every intention of staying in pacifidlog; the ocean soothes him. upon bradley's return, he is given his opportunity to respond -- not that it matters. bradley has made up his mind. "staying there ought to be good. looks like we're all ready to get a move on?" he gravitates toward the door, resting a hand on the doorknob. it will remain shut until bradley gives him the okay.

zeke has every intention of riding out this weird mixture of relaxed impulsiveness until it dies out somewhere in the middle of the ocean. bringing along a stranger shocks him but does not frighten him. he is only excited.

@spring