solidification [ c ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 17:24:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

Francie twirled her hair in her finger while looking in the bathroom mirror at the Mauville Pokemon Center. She was wearing a cute little white dress with ruffles in the right places. She'd texted and and gotten a lot of mixed signals from the two of them in separate conversations before they both settled on liking this one.[break][break]

To boot, she even had her hair half pulled back with a cute little white bow.[break][break]

Her white dress sandals completed the look and now that she was looking at herself in the mirror and knew that Matthew would be at the Pokemon Center any second to pick her up... she was nervous.[break][break]

"You're fine. You're great. Everythings gonna be cute. I mean good, it's gonna be fine."[break][break]

Something like a squeak later, Francie ignored the way her cheeks flushed before stomping toward the door in determination and making her way out to the outside of the Pokemon Center, the main square of Mauville.[break][break]

Hopefully she wouldn't have to wait long... she was so damn nervous!

[attr="class","smoothtag"]
@matthew

[attr="class","smoothpokes"]

[newclass=.smooth] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth b] color: #e7a000; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth a] text-decoration: none; color: #e7a000; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #e7a000; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #e7a000; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #e7a000; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothw] padding: 40px; background: #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smooth span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #e7a000; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothpokes img] margin: -5px; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:19:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","cthread"][attr="class","league"]

He's done his absolute best to dress well. He hasn't been on a date in a long time, and the best version of him his mirror has seen has been whatever attempt he makes to shave his stubble every morning. And he usually misses a patch or two when he's in a rush because damnit, it's hard to see with only one eye sometimes.[break][break]

But this time, he's put extra care into himself. The man is wearing a soft dress shirt, buttoned up with a pair of pressed jeans. Nothing outrageous or overly fancy, but clean enough that he looks nice. He shaved with care, careful not to nick himself too badly - he's a grown man, he can shave.[break][break]

Matthew is prompt in making it to the Pokemon center on time to meet his date, though his nerves make him feel like he might be sweating through his shirt. He isn't, he checked before stepping around the corner. Discreetly, mind you, he's a gentleman despite his gruff appearance. More like a gruff teddy bear.[break][break]

But when he sees her his heart thumps in his chest and he finds himself at a loss for words, for coherent thought, for anything. He approaches her with an awkward bounce in his step.[break][break]

"Francie? Wow. You look beautiful."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:12px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:42:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

Matthew's voice calling her name has her nearly jumping and turning around to see him. A bright smile is formed and then her blush gets deeper as he proceeds to compliment her and it's for defs super effective.[break][break]

"T-" she interrupts herself to give herself an internal scolding that only lasts about half a second before she clears her throat. "Thank you. You look very nice."[break][break]

Is she allowed to say that? That he looks nice? Welp, she's overthinking everything and that's about how the whole date will go unless she loosens up and relaxes...oof.

@matthew

[newclass=.smooth] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth b] color: #e7a000; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth a] text-decoration: none; color: #e7a000; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #e7a000; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #e7a000; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #e7a000; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #e7a000; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:46:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

The blush she returns fills him with confidence and reassurance. As such, his face brightens with a smile as she stutters a response. It's cute, and he's thrilled to see her.[break][break]

"Are you ready? I've made reservations at a cute little restaurant just down the street. We can walk, if you'd like?"[break][break]

Or they could catch a taxi, but he wouldn't mind walking with her a while.[break][break]

Regardless of her choice, Matthew offers her his arm if she'd like it.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:12px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:48:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

The offered arm has her a little confused, but then it dawns on her what he's doing. He's trying to walk her like a proper gentleman Francie you twit.[break][break]

Without much argument after she realizes what's happening, Francie takes his arm with a bright smile.[break][break]

"I don't mind walking! Taxis have always made me feel pretty cramped anyway. Although-- I haven't tried a corviknight taxi, or the charizard things-- what're they called again?"[break][break]

She can't remember, but she's glad that they're touching now because she feels far less self-conscious about her 'beautiful' looks.

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 18:55:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew's smile is warm when she agrees to walk with him. It's evening now and the sun is still high in the sky - but he can only imagine how pretty the walk back to the Pokemon center will be after dinner. Even the temperature is nice and not unbearable.[break][break]

"I think they're also considered a taxi.. but I'm not sure. I've never tried it myself. I prefer to keep my feet on the ground, honestly."[break][break]

But if she wanted to do it, he would do it with her. Matt peels his attention from her for only a moment as they cross the street. He is keenly aware of how warm she is despite how little they touch. It makes him just a little more relaxed.[break][break]

"I'm pretty sure this place has a little bit of everything - I wasn't sure what you might have a taste for. I didn't want to disappoint."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:09:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

"Oh, it's super hard to disappoint me--" unless you're telling her she's not your type because she wants you to settle down, but, shh, she's over that... clearly.[break][break]

"I have a pretty decent range when it comes to food. I like a little of everything! And I tried a lot of things while I was traveling the regions over the past ... however long it was wow. Like, year and a half or something?"[break][break]

Honestly, she has no idea. But, her point is proven. She tried a little of every national dish as she traveled the regions just because she could and because the advertisements made them all look so yummy!!

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:20:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Matthew chuckles, but his anxieties regarding disappointing her persist anyway. The last thing he wants to do is fuck this up. She's a beautiful woman with a charming personality - he had decided he wished to be her friend the moment they'd met.[break][break]

And here they were, pressing the boundary of even that. It made him uneasy and excited all in the same breath.[break][break]

"You travel? I suppose I assumed, but that is much more fascinating to hear out loud. What was your favourite place you've visited?"[break][break]

But as he asks this they enter the restaurant and are promptly seated. He apologizes for the interruption but now they have a table to themselves to discuss themselves across.[break][break]

He smiles at her.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 19:41:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

"I don't travel anymore. Not with how busy the gym has been keeping me. But, after I left the gym the first time, back when @n0ble was the gym leader, I traveled around the regions to promote a sort of protection movement for gym leaders and other league officials."[break][break]

Being that they're seated, Francie feels little bit ... singled out? Before, Matthew had been looking where they were walking and only sometimes at her while they spoke. But now? Now she's the center of his attention.[break][break]

And he's smiling.[break][break]

It has her nervous, but, she continues in hopes that her story will distract her from her own nerves and self-doubt.[break][break]

"Basically, because of how had cornered me and threatened my family, I wanted to ensure that it didn't happen again. Or, at least, that when threatened the league representatives wouldn't feel cornered. They'd have discreet members of the ranger organizations that they could report to, that would keep their families safe while they fought to keep their regions safe."

@matthew

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 20:06:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Oh, that's right. She's a gym leader now. Matthew's expression shows his surprise and recognition of this fact. But, if anything, it just makes him more proud. It took a strong individual to organize and run a gym in any region. They had a duty to their town and to the trainers who came to challenge them. It was an incredible task.[break][break]

He doesn't interrupt her while she speaks, instead deciding to hang on her every word. It seems impolite to intrude with his own comments, to distract her from her thoughts.[break][break]

But his expression does darken at the mention of a man cornering her and her family - that this person had been the reason she'd left. It seemed outrageous.[break][break]

"That's very noble of you. You've done a lot for the rangers then, I've heard of this new organization - being a ranger, I mean."[break][break]

The waitress arrives to ask for their preference in drinks and Matthew glances at Francie, a subtle suggestion that she could order whatever she'd like. He waits until she orders before he does, opting for the same or similar and a glass of water on the side.[break][break]

"But I'm sure there is still room to travel. Isn't that what vacation days are for?"[break][break]

He chuckles, but his smile is kind. [break][break]

"I almost forgot you were a gym leader, Francie. Maybe I could come visit you there sometime, if you'd like."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
solidification [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 16:46:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

"I mean, I've been using my vacation days to like... sleep."
[break][break]

Francie mumbled the comment before listening further to him give her compliments and ask if he could come and visit her. She's excited by time he finishes, and grins at him to show her excitement.
[break][break]

"Yes! Oh yes, that'd be a lot of fun. And, while battling is an option, I'm a much bigger fan of the maze. It takes a bit more oomph than a battle and gives the brain a different pattern to work with."
[break][break]

Because battling could be so ... draining and controversial.

@matthew

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times