awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
let us go, we're drowning (oscar)
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 14:17:03 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Using Skyler's draped arm for balance, Oscar pumped up his arm as well to repeat her exclamation, "Toooo the dance floor!" Her arm felt heavy for some reason though, and when he looked over he saw that she was carrying a bottle. Did she pay for that? Oscar couldn't even tell what it was, his mind too slow from all those shots.

Skyler spelled it out, taking a swig before handing it to Oscar. Oscar registered what had happened and cackled with delight as he took the bottle. "A lady after my own heart. Nicely done." Oscar took his own swig as he stepped away from the bar. He sighed with satisfaction and pointed east--er no west. He decided on east. "This way!" Oscar sauntered forward, handing the bottle back to Skyler.

He had no idea where he was going, so it was just a coincidence that they would end up further down town near the clubs. Oscar pointed to the first club he saw and said, "There! I chooose that one. Wait let's finish the bottle."

Leaving the emptied bottle on the street, Oscar guided Skyler inside. The atmosphere was very different from the bar, well no shit but the change was notable and welcome. Music blared as carefree revelers danced their hearts out. Oscar looked to Skyler, "Dance or sit, you're choice."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 16:30:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler wasn't sure she should be praised for - accidentally, mind you - swiping a bottle of vodka from an unsuspecting bartender. Still, she couldn't help the mischievous grin that curled her lips at Oscar's words. The man was turning out to be great company for the night and a hellishly fun drinking buddy. 

The bottle was lighter when Skyler accepted it back from Oscar, practically skipping after him (or the best approximation of skipping she could).

By the time they reached his chosen nightclub, Skyler's cheeks were visibly red. She quickly followed Oscar inside, the blaring music rattling her bones in the most pleasant of ways. 

A short peal of laughter escaped her throat at Oscar's question. She had to lean in his direction in order to make herself heard. "Dancing, definitely." She leaned closer. "Sitting in nightclubs is usually reserved for other types of activites." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, but ruined the whole effect by snorting in amusement. "Come on, Oscar!"

She linked her hand with his and led Oscar through the dancing crowd, skillfully dodging stray elbows and other body parts. Amongst the confusion she'd somehow been able to grab a bright pink cocktail from a random person - who didn't even notice it disappearing. She presented it to Oscar with a flourish. It had a pink umbrella too, to match. "What can I say, it's a skill."

Hand still linked with Oscar's, Skyler started moving to the beat of the music. Everything was swaying around her, but she was used to braving rough seas and this was nothing. Her eyes shone with mirth, and she flashed a challenging smile Oscar's way. It was clear the captain was in her element. "Don't leave me hanging, Oscar, show me your moves." 

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2020 16:42:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
If Oscar weren't shnockered out of his mind, he would have probably understood what Skyler meant by 'other things'. Instead he just absent mindedly wiggled his eyebrows back before laughing as a reaction to her snort. What a wacky girl this was. As Skyler lead him onto the dance floor he did not resist. However, even while intoxicated Oscar would have a negative impulse toward dancing.

He swayed a little at first, trying to look casual as the persistent beat surged through his chest. Skyler seemed to have a much easier time of it, and challenged Oscar to show off his own moves. Oscar was reluctant, he felt quite comfortable just swaying. Even so, he did not wish to lose the Captain's attention. Thus he swallowed his pride and began to actually dance.

He channeled his party twink rave days, moving his arms in a fluid motion as he kept up to the beat. It was hypnotic, resembling vaguely the art of vogueing. It took years of practice to make this look good, an inexperienced dancer would just appear as if they were flailing about. Not Oscar, he was fabulous as he rhythmically moved along side Skyler. 

While this was Oscar's best form of dancing available to him, it would have the unintended effect of revealing a lesser known fact about him to Skyler. Turns out, Oscar might be batting for the other team--as the kids say. Of course, she might be too drunk to even notice. 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2020 13:56:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Say what you want about Skyler, but she clearly knew how to have a good time. She'd taken to the crowd like a fish to water, weaving through the people with the ease of someone who was used to this type of environment. Even in her drunkeness she was a good dancer, moving her hips to the heavy bass coming from the giant speakers spread throughout the room. She closed her eyes and threw her head back, laughing with reckless abandon as she lost herself to the rhythm.

She was a naturally oblivious person, more so when she was drunk - so she didn't pick up on any of the obvious hints that might've told her that Oscar was uncomfortable with the whole dancing thing. When she looked at him, he was moving his arms in a bizarre way. Skyler simply blinked for a few seconds and her eyes followed Oscar's movements with something akin to fascination. What should've been a disjoined set of movements turned into a fluid, hypnotic... dance? "Woah," she breathed out, momentarily forgetting about the music. "That looks so cool. How're you doing that?"

The fact that Oscar was
battling for the other team went right over Skyler's head - not that it would matter; the woman was way more interested in the weird dance he was doing. Because of that, Skyler attempted to copy some of Oscar's movements, resulting in something... well, it was something. Just not anything even remotely close to any sort of dance. She was laughing and having fun though.

Unaware of the space she'd need to in order to make some of the sharp movements she'd seen Oscar do, the sailor actually managed to hit a few people around her. She only noticed it when she sent an elbow flying against the nose of a nearby man. A really big, really muscle-y guy. When he turned to face Skyler with a bloody nose and a murderous glare in his eyes, she immediately grabbed onto Oscar. "Oops. We gotta go. Now."

In a flash, she dragged poor Oscar into crowd, hoping to disappear amongst the dancing bodies. 

● tags:
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2020 18:28:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Skyler began emulating Oscar's movements, he could not help but smile. Her movements reminded him of when he first tried this dance, wiggling about like a beached magikarp. He didn't say anything, he was too amused to ruin this spectacle. However her wild flailing would bring unforeseen consequences, as Skyler would end up smacking a rather burly looking patron.

There was a moment of dread as the man looked to them, the world seemed to stand still as his eyes burrowed into their heads. The tension was broken by Oscar bursting into laughter, which did nothing to calm the man's fury. Skyler grabbed Oscar and began to drag him away, all while he continued to chuckle like a giddy child. They went deeper into the dance floor, quickly becoming engulfed by carefree revelers.

As they stopped where the dancing was thickest, Oscar looked back. The man was just tall enough to see over the heads of the other dancers, and he seemed to be heading off the dance floor and toward the bathroom. Oscar scoffed, "Well that takes care of that for now, though we better stay clear of him for the rest of the night." Oscar had to raise his voice to be heard over the music, though as he turned toward Skyler he would realize that it might be easier for her to hear him than he anticipated.

Due to the high density of dancing humans, it would force the two to be uncomfortably close. Oscar's heart skipped as he realized just how close they were, nearly pressed against one another. Oscar's gaze lingered for just a moment, maybe it was the drinks talking but Captain Skyler looked--Oscar cleared his throat, "M-maybe we should find a way off the dance floor!"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2020 17:37:03 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Chuckles followed her as she dragged Oscar around the dance floor, weaving her way between dancing people. When she came to a stop they were right in the middle of the crowd, a mass of moving bodies almost slamming the two of them together. Skyler immediately turned her head to catch sight of the man she'd (accidentally, mind you) assaulted, finding him just a few seconds after Oscar did.
Hah! Good riddance! 

"I am one dangerous woman," Skyler declared, looking ridiculously smug about it. She even puffed up her chest a little bit. She would've flexed her muscles too, but there wasn't nearly enough space around her to do those sort of movements.

When she looked back at Oscar he had this weird look on his face. Maybe he was thirsty? Skyler furrowed her brows and poked his forehead. "What's up with you, Oscar?" She was way too drunk to be able to place the expression on his face with the right emotion.

So instead she simply grinned at him and grabbed his hand with her own, beckoning him to follow her to the nearby bar. On the way she snatched a colorful plastic flower crown off of a random person's head and put it on her own. 

When they reached the counter, Skyler gave the closest barkeep the most flirty smile she could manage, which only made the woman quirk an eyebrow. She almost missed the bar stool when she attempted to sit, but managed to right herself just in time. "Two cocktails for me and my friend here." 

Oscar had looked thirsty after all.

● tags:
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 18:49:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar did not resist as Skyler lead him away. Mostly because he could barely comprehend where he was. As the seconds ticked by, Oscar became more and more disoriented, which could clearly be seen by his eyes wandering around his blurry surroundings dreamily. As he plopped himself at the bar, he stared off into the vast abyss of his mind before looking to Skyler. He laughed harder than he probably should have at her flower crown, "The perfect crown for the queen of drinking!

The cocktails arrived, and Oscar grasped for it hurriedly. He chugged it down, barely tasting the drink as he put the glass back onto the bar. He looked to Skyler once more, swaying gently as the world around him blurred further. "Y'know funny story, I once went to a club where--"

Oscar stopped midsentence, or at least he thought he did. The world came back into focus, and he was very suddenly somewhere else. They were now at a proper bar, dimly lit with soft jazz music playing over speakers. His tie was missing, and his hair was somehow crazier than before. Oscar scratched his head, "What--where are we?

He looked to Skyler, who had changed very little besides losing her crown and having similarly messy hair. Oscar glanced at the clock, and three hours had apparently passed. "Twelve AM, not nearly enough to call it quits. Two cocktails!" The bartender nodded, delivering yet more drinks for them to consume. Oscar swayed as he grabbed the glass. "What'd I miss?" he asked as he took a gentle sip. The sweetness masked the harsh vodka, this place must have been on the cheaper side.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 16:58:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

If Skyler had to pinpoint an exact moment where the night had taken a turn for the... weirder, it would probably have been right there in the nightclub with the flower crown over her head, everything else swimming around her and a drunk Oscar chugging down a whole cocktail. Because that's the moment her memories go a little bit foggy.

"I'm the queen of drinking alright!" The intoxicated laughter that burst from her was a contagious, wild thing as she followed Oscar's example and chugged the whole drink down. "C-can't beat me." She had to lean on the countertop for balance, her smile growing somewhat sloppy when the attractive barkeep raised both eyebrows at her. "You can though." Her words were slurring so much they were barely understandable.

She probably didn't leave the best of impressions. Ah well.

Next thing she knew she was at a shitty bar with a glass of some shitty drink in hand. "No idea," she answered Oscar, smile wide as he called for more cocktails. "But I bet it was fun," she motioned to his wild hair and missing tie, unaware of her own messy state. "Hey Oscar! I have to I tell ya about that wreck I f-"

Skyler was laughing maniacally as she pushed a shopping cart through the streets of Lilycove, Oscar's missing tie somehow having reappeared again, tied around her forehead. Oscar himself was inside the cart as they veered dangerously through narrow streets, barely missing hitting the people still out at this hour.

"Pirates of Lilycove wooooo!"

"Find 'em!"

The sailor was doing her best not to giggle as she peeked out of a dumpster, trying to find their assailants. "Think they got rid of those hungry Zigzagoon yet?"

There was mischievous curl to the edge of her smile when he looked down at her co-conspirator. 

"I'm going to kill someone." Skyler groaned as daylight pierced through her eyelids and intensified the agony pulsing within her brain. "Ugh..." She rolled over, but that only made her stomach upset, which... wasn't good.

It took her a couple of minutes to get her bearings somehow, during which she almost fell asleep again. The only thing that made her actually stay awake was the sound of --
wait, where the hell was she?!

Shading her eyes with her hand, Skyler hissed at the sun while focusing on the unending horizon of open ocean. "Nautilus?" She asked, voice ragged, patting the wailord under her. The responding hum from the pokémon did not sound happy. At all. Shit.

Her gaze fell on Oscar while she tried to remember details from last night - to no avail. Her gaze fell on something glinting somewhere to her right, narrowing her eyes when she recognized a whole pile of golden coins and... buttons? A flower crown rested on top like a cake decoration. It also smelled like something had burned.

On second thought, maybe it was better that she didn't remember.

● tags:
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 2:13:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: