2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
yeah, you're the best (noah)
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 10:58:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The Wingulls screech at them and take flight as they run over the sand by the crashing waves. Miyagi, her Mienfoo, runs ahead despite her small stature, turning back to Skyler at times to babble what Skyler supposes are the Pokémon's version of encouragement.

Although Skyler keeps somewhat in shape due to sailing and diving almost every day, her lungs are burning from this intense bout of running. Although it is early in the morning (obnoxiously so), there's already sweat running down her back and she has to tighten the bandana around her head, making sure it sticks to her forehead.

When Miyagi stops running and starts stretching, Skyler lets out a sigh of relief. Her legs are threatening to go on strike, so Skyler makes sure to stretch them very well. She still has work to do today and needs to be able to stand -- and swim.

She's so tired she's unaware of anything else outside of her, the Mienfoo and the allure of the refreshing waves, practically begging her to take a dive. However, before she even takes a step, Miyagi is there chattering at her and doing this yoga-like position.

Stifling a sigh, Skyler follows suit. Balancing on one foot in the sand, she thinks, is a whole other level of challenge. She makes a few rather pathetic tries before she's somewhat stable. When she looks to the side Miyagi jumps and does this air kick with one of her legs before landing on two feet in the sand.

Skyler breathes deeply, inhaling the morning sea breeze, before tensing the muscles in her legs and jumping. She kicks out her leg, feeling the rotation in her body as she stands perfectly straight in the air. A brief smile of triumph flashes over her lips.

And then gravity kicks in.

An undignified squeak leaves Skyler's mouth as she loses her equilibrium and flails about before falling onto the sand with a dry 'oof', all the air leaving her lungs at the sudden impact. She's dazed for a moment and just lies there, looking at the brightening sky.

"Ouch."

● tags:
● notes: egf thread <3  cue training montage song lol

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 1:32:33 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 in a rare instance, noah is stationed in lilycove for a couple of days. although the city is home to , the local gym leader, he has been called to help assist with training the lilycove branch of cadets. odd tremors have been reported off the coast, prompting squads of rangers and cadets to engage in increased patrols in the nearby area.

with his primeape, noah begins to jog back toward his hotel. the sun shines brighter now compared to its pale dawn yawn. but a sound, similar to that of a prematurely launched anchor hitting a sandbar, draws his attention.

"you okay?!" noah calls out as he navigates a small set of stone stairs. his primeape jogs down with him. "you didn't do this, did you?" he asks the mienfoo before extending a hand to his fallen company.

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 11:08:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's still recovering from having the air stolen from her when a voice pierces the morning stillness, making the young woman blink. She's too sore or too tired to get up, though, and soon a shadow falls over her.

There's a hand extended her way and it's only instinct that makes her grab it.  Skyler's lifted to her feet and she can't help the groan that escapes her lips as her muscles scream at her from the motion.

"Huh? Miyagi?" Said Pokémon is chattering extremely fast and doing this series of gestures in what Skyler assumes is a rant. "Uh, no no no. Miyagi isn't hurting me!" Skyler herself gestures emphatically, not wanting the young man to get the wrong idea. "She's trying to train me!"  Trying being the key word. This isn't their first time training together, and Skyler has her fair share of aches from falling on her ass.

"I'm not a very good student though. Can't get that kick right no matter how much I try." There's a slight flush to her cheeks as her brain catches up and reminds her that the young man must have seen her ridiculous fall. 

'Great, just great.'

● tags:
● notes: egf thread <3  

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 7:31:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the primeape does not relinquish the unfriendly shape of its face, but noah laughs. the mienfoo's theatrics tickle him like the sand getting in his shoes.

"kick? learning some self-defense?" noah's face brightens. "if you want, i can give you some pointers... if miyagi doesn't mind."

his primeape huffs. the interruption of their jog forces the bundle of fur to resume in its own way. as its nostrils flare, the primeape begins to run circles around them, pressing prints into the sand.

"i'm noah," he says, "and i can teach you thing or two about not falling on your ass."

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 16:05:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler blinks at the offer, having expected many things, but certainly not an offer to... train her? The guy looks genuine though, and she finds herself giving him a bright smile without even thinking about it. She will totally, Skyler thinks to herself, kick ass left and right...

Miyagi has grown quiet and is watching the interaction between the two humans very closely. When Skyler glances at her, she starts chattering again, mimicking the 'I'm watching you' gesture. Skyler sighs. "Yeah, of course we'll do our morning runs. And I will train the kick!" Miyagi nods and crosses her arms, apparently satisfied.

"Miyagi's fine with it," she tells the young man, a lopsided grin on her face. "As long as she can evaluate my progress, of course." She finally extends her arm for a handshake. "Nice meeting you, Noah. I'm Skyler Dross, professional diver and treasure hunter."

The Primeape is still running in circles around them and Skyler is growing slightly dizzy from watching him - or perhaps it was the fall?

"So," she says cheerfully, "when do we start?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 8:06:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as he shakes skyler's hand, the mention of her latter title elicits a raised brow. he strokes his chin, "treasure hunter, huh? like a pirate? heard we've been having problems with those lately."

noah claps his hands together. with the mienfoo's approval, he dives into their spontaenous trial.

"how about now? i've got a little bit." noah says. "why do you wanna learn how to kick anyway? your mienfoo looks like a strong enough bodyguard, yeah?" shooting a wink at the pokemon, he begins to stretch.

noah loosens his limbs as his primeape finally stops to breathe.

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 14:32:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

At the mention of pirates, Skyler's expression darkens immediately. It's kind of amazing to see how quickly the expression shifts from one end of the spectrum to the other, as if a shadow falls over her face. "No, nothing like one of those thugs," she almost spits out. "They're scum and I would gladly see them away from hoennian waters." She crosses her arms over her chest. "They also destroyed my first boat."
That last part is probably the main reason why she seems to detest them so fervently. 

Skyler's shaken out of her nefarious revenge plots against pirates at the sound of Noah's voice. 

"Now sounds good!" Might as well, right? She's already here and this guy Noah is already here, and they have their fighting Pokémon with them. No time like the now, right?

She watches as Noah starts to stretch and does the same, doing her best to copy his movements. She's still a bit sore, but grits her teeth and ploughs ahead. "Miyagi is the best, but she won't always be there, especially underwater." She stretches her arms and feels something pop, bringing her some relief. "I've been doing some missions for the rangers and it can be dangerous. I need to be able to defend myself, y'know, just in case."

She send a playful grin Noah's way. "Plus, I think I'd look really badass doing one of those kicks." 

● tags:

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 7:01:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "hoenn's been... insane, dude." noah rubs the back of his neck as if to shed something away. "even though rocket's gone, there's still some shitty people out there... sorry about the boat."

a brief sigh escapes him- and his primeape huffs. the contemplative moment passes, and noah cracks his knuckles to announce the beginning of their trial.

"aight! so you wanna pull your fists up even though we're kicking." noah raises his fists. "it'll leave them second guessing and give you balance too."

his primeape stands beside the mienfoo and assumes the same stance.

"letting you know though. this is basic stuff. unless you think you can jump to something more advanced?" noah grins.

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 11:35:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler waves away Noah's words about her boat. "Ah, it was an old boat anyway." Her old boat. "It had some sentimental value, but the whole thing also made me realize that I needed an upgrade." Especially since she had a speed boat now - with a cabin no less.  "Feel free to find me in Lilycove if you ever want to go for a dive." He's taking some of his time to teach her, so she thinks it only fair that she gives him something in return.

Her arms go up immediately as per Noah's instructions and she rolls her shoulders to get rid of the tension there. "Like this?" It looks as if she's going to punch someone, especially as the curious look on her face melts into one of focused concentration.

Miyagi assumes the same position as Skyler, albeit much more gracefully, and gives the Primeape by her side an assessing look, as if sizing him up. 

Noah's words have an immediate effect on Skyler. Her eyes flash with some unknown emotion when she perceives a challenge in his voice - regardless if that's his intention. She grins back at him, feeling a thrill run up her spine. "Do your worst," she dares him, planting her feet in the sand and waiting for him to move.

● tags:
● notes: hubris, thee name is skyler ~ 

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 7:42:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the offer for a dive is taken with a smile. although he's been anchored in the heart of hoenn for months, lilycove's coast may be visited again under less than official terms.

noah nods, affirming skyler's pose. his primeape huffs— and stares down at the mienfoo, its gaze entirely condescending.

"so, the basic kick is this." he demonstrates, raising his leg and flicking his leg out. "but if you can to this—!" noah pivots his heel, knee reaching close toward skyler before his leg flicks outward. his foot stops before he jaw, "a roundhouse."

he retracts his leg.

"all about the bringing the knee past the target before you extend your leg." noah demonstrates again. "try it! you can hit me, if you want." he pats his own head, beckoning for a strike.

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 8:54:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Huh, I see how pulling up your fists can be helpful," Skyler says as Noah demonstrates the roundhouse kick. "Also it looks so cool!" Her enthusiasm makes her feel somewhat giddy and it illuminates her face. It is an easier kick than the one she'd been trying to do earlier. She doesn't have to spin in the air. Thankfully.

In the meanwhile Miyagi has turned her back on the Primeape, effectively ignoring him. Her nose is up in the air, much like a princess that has to deal with peasants.

Skyler's eyes brighten with a sudden enthusiasm as she studies Noah's posture and movements. She does falter for a moment when he invites her to hit him. It seems kind of wrong, she thinks, but at the same time the young man seems like a fairly proficient fighter if his words are anything to go by.

The sailor gives Noah a 'are you sure' look before getting into position. She breathes deeply and repeats Noah's movements, extending her leg at the last second to hit the side of his face.

The strength of her kick is somewhat lacking because she doesn't want to hurt Noah. For once her sea legs give her somewhat of an advantage as her balance is nearly perfect. She doesn't know about the technique though.

"Howasit?" She immediately asks, her excitement bubbling up to the surface and making the words mesh together.

● tags:
● notes: teach me noah-sensei lol 
[/font][/div][/div]
[/div]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 8:50:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "yeah, it looks cool doesn't it?" a boyish confidence fills the shape of his lips.

he beckons for her with his eyes. noah's smirk is not one of condescension— but one that is self-serving. for a kick to the face is nothing. he has faced worse before.

noah scrutinizes her form, analysis masked by his cocky air. however, the kick lands much harder than expected. he stumbles a little bit, jaw stinging with the fresh red of a successful strike.

he readjusts his jaw and rubs it with one hand while the other shoots her a thumbs up.

"you're stronger than you look." noah laughs.

his primeape mimics miyagi. a childish mirror of ignorance.

"actually, you're not half-bad. your stance was real tight, like, you got a good core on you." noah thinks, "you're not bluffing me are you?"

/ egf thread ♥

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 8:04:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler hadn't expected the kick to land like that, and she's immediately worried that she somehow hurt Noah. He seems okay, but she notices that he's rubbing his jaw. The kick was clearly stronger than he'd anticipated, and to be perfectly honest it kind of surprised her too.

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

His laughter goes a long way to reassure her that she didn't dislocate his jaw or anything. She knows that he must be used to dealing with worse things than her measly kick, but Skyler really didn't want to, y'know, scare him away or anything.

The young sailor immediately brightens up at Noah's assessment of her and she can't help the little glow of pride that bubbles up, making her stand straighter. "Aahh, thank you! I haven't been training for long, but," she flexes her arm and although the muscles there aren't exactly impressive, they're definitely there, "I've been diving and sailing almost every single day for years. It forces me to stay in shape." Running away from pirates notwithstanding, though that certainly helps as well.

A corner of her mouth quirks up in a lopsided grin and she's almost jumping in place in her eargerness to learn more. "What now, sensei?"

● tags:
● notes: teach me noah-sensei lol 
[/font][/div][/div]
[/div]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 7:45:48 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 his face stings. stings good. noah's hand falls from his jaw, heavy with heat stolen from red skin. still, the short gym leader is still standing firm. in the background, lilycove waves caress the sands. in the distance, a seashore house begins to stir awake.

noah beams. "diving and sailing, huh? about that. i'm actually here on some official league duty. weird rumblings happening off the coast. thunder storms when it's sunny, man." he rubs his neck, "i'm not too good at playing detective though."

posing once more, noah brings his knee to his chest. exhaling audibly as he releases his leg backwards, he drives his heel back into an invisible target.

"back kick. in case a pirate comes from behind." noah's primeape fumes, offended that the mienfoo has ignored him for this long. condescendingly, the primeape pats miyagi on the head with its meaty palm. "trick is in the toes for balance.

/ egf thread ♥ / seashore house bingo prompt

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 15:48:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Official league duty..." Skyler quirks an eyebrow up at Noah's words, a pensive expression taking over her face. "Are you a ranger or something?" The young sailor is completely oblivious to the fact that she's talking to a gym leader, which isn't surprising given that she doesn't even own a tv -- and even if she did, she spends most of her days out at sea.

"Those rumblings have scared me a couple of times. The flashes too. You don't want to be at sea with a storm brewing, believe me. No real storm, though..." Her eyes shift towards the horizon where the timid sunlight is slowly spreading across the waves. "I'm afraid I can't tell you more about those. The local fishermen are scared and spreading tales. As for myself-" At these words her hand goes to the colorful beaded necklace around her neck. "-I really hope there's a simple explanation for all of this."

She shakes herself out of her thoughts. "Anyway, if the League needs a captain, I'll be more than happy to volunteer!"

Miyagi turns suddenly, chattering up at the Primeape in what seems like aggravation, her arms gesturing wildly. The Mienfoo finally huffs and very pointedly flicks the Primeape in the nose. 

Skyler attempts to copy Noah's movements and sends her heel backwards, picturing a very annoying pirate behind her. It somehow makes the backwards kick feel more satisfying. 

● tags:
● notes: sorry for the wait!