Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
yeah, you're the best (noah)
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 0:33:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "gym leader, actually." noah rubs the back of his neck, providing the confession little fanfare. still, in his bashful second, an eye falls to the beads around her neck. "actually, how about you do a favour for me."

he looks to the sea. scattered sunlight shimmers across the water's white-tipped scales. a breath is taken to savour the sight.

"for the next few days, if you see anything weird or out of place, give me a call or a text." as skyler practices her kick, noah fishes his phone out of his pocket. "you can add yourself if you wanna."

as his primeape's huffing begins to develop like a hurricane, its rough furs spike around its glare. the nose is flicked red. as if the fist were the eye of its own storm, the monkey throws a punch toward the mienfoo as if to knock it out of its sight.

/ egf thread ♥ / get out of my sight thread pog

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 15:23:31 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Noah's confession is met with blinking eyes and a surprised expression that quickly morphs into a lopsided smile "That's really cool. Fighting types, I suppose." She glances at Primeape, completely missing the tension between the two pokémon. Skyler has never really considered herself a trainer, so the whole gym and elite four thing goes right over her head.

"A favour?" She's not sure what a gym leader would need her help for, but when Noah continues to speak Skyler begins to understand. Suddenly his presence here doesn't seem as odd, given that he's the gym leader to... another city. She's not sure which. Damn, she really should try and see the news once in a while. Or google things.

She takes his phone in her hands, quickly adding herself to his list of contacts. As soon as the codename captain dross is registered, an obnoxiously loud ringtone comes from one of her pockets. "Sorry, I'm using your phone to give myself a call so that I get your number too." She gives Noah his phone back and retrieves her own. The thing that comes out of her pocket is a misshappen excuse for a phone, but it apparently works because she punches a few times into the cracked screen and nods at the gym leader. "Okay, if I see something strange I'll be sure to warn you immediately."

Skyler yawns, the sunlight finally making an appearance from behind the cliffs and bathing the ocean in a multitude of hues. "Do you want to train a little more? I reckon I can do a few more things before I have-" She's suddenly interrupted by the gurgling of her stomach, and a light blush spreads over her cheeks. "Err... maybe I should have gotten something other than orange juice for breakfast."

Miyagi sidesteps the punch with relative ease, but only because she'd been expecting it with DETECT. Her chattering explodes, the squeaky voice catching Skyler's attention. 

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 6:36:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah pockets his phone. seeing skyler's ravaged device, he wonders if he should finally apply that screen protector sitting at home.

"we can train tomorrow, if you're free. i'll replace my morning jog with it." noah looks to the lilycove hotel, its white shape gilded by sunlight. "breakfast should still be on at my hotel, if you wanna grab a bite."

they're interrupted by their pokemon's bickering. his primeape huffs, stomping about as sand is kicked from its heavy feet. with a cringe, noah quickly recalls his pokemon into its ball.

"sorry about that. just primeape things, y'know?" noah says. "so how about it, captain? i'll pay for your entry as further thanks for the favour."

/ ty for your patience!!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 18:14:03 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's expression immediately shifts into a bright smile at Noah's suggestion that they have another training session tomorrow morning. To be perfectly honest, she hadn't been thinking past this morning and fully expected to resume her sole 'training sessions' with Miyagi tomorrow. To be able to train some kicks - with the fighting type gym leader no less...

"You're on! Tomorrow morning." There's no way she's wasting this chance. That, and Noah seems like a pretty cool guy to hang around, awesome fighting skills notwithstanding. Her eyes drift to the hotel and she can't help the sudden hunger that hits her. She's famished. Her mouth waters as she imagines the free-for-all breakfast they usually have in there.

She barely even notices their pokémon making a general mess of things. She waves a hand at Noah's apology. "No worries, Miyagi isn't exactly a saint." The Mienfoo huffs indignantly at this, but does nothing to defend herself.

"Breakfast sounds heavenly." She's quick to recall Miyagi back into her pokéball and unabashedly links arms with Noah, starting to lead them away from the beach. "But tomorrow breakfast is on me. You are taking your time to teach me how to kick some ass after all."

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 3:01:32 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah mentally inscribes his new morning schedule within his messy bed of hair. he'll place it in his phone later— but his primeape's newfound rivalry may be an alarm enough.

as they link arms, the beach yawns with waves. the kind of yawn that comes at the end of one's grogginess: a final note before a dash into the day.

"alright, alright. i can't say no to free food." noah says with a chuckle.

his thoughts linger on the horizon, for the seas pulse with warning of what's to come.

/ ty for your patience!!