awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 19:25:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This was… incredibly concerning, to say the least.

After that literally suicidal hike he took down into the deepest depths of Shoal Cave, Lars couldn’t believe that he was the one whom the… whom Articuno chose.

Out of all the rumored people who went down there—hell, two of them were even Rangers under his command, if what the stories were to be believed. One of them was the transfer from Sinnoh, while the other…

Well, he chose to confide in the ‘other’ because hello, said other ‘Ranger’ was his damned fucking handsome boyfriend. The question now was…

How the fuck was he going to bring this up? Without alarming the other man?

He was at a loss. Clearly.

Hoping that it was safe, he waited until the Stray had cleared out for the evening. Not showing up on the day that he normally arrived to knock off drinks with the other regulars was already a clue that something was terribly amiss.

IT IS TIME YO

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:37:45 GMT
evan fader Avatar

They Stray begins to empty out, late are the wee hours of the morning to a town like Rustboro. More than late enough for the common working man to be making his way home. Or to be ushered out by the bartender to catch the taxi in the bar's speed dial home.

Our latter example is the case that brings Evan to the doorway of the Stray, ushering one of the old fools that makes the tavern their home out and into the parking lot where they will clamber intoa taxi that already knows where to take them.

It is also the example that brings him to find Laurrence Anderson waiting for him, not only on an unusual night to see him at the bar but well after the usual hour as well. "Lars?"

there's a touch of worry in his voice, waiting for the other to confirm or deny whether he should be concerned to see him without notice like this.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:47:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I…”

For once he was speechless—and not for all the right reasons, mind.

He knew he had a lot of explaining to do. Hell, he hadn’t even shown up for work today. He was allowed to have a day off, right?

If one would call waking up to a room coated in frost ‘sick’, well, he was rather certain that qualified on the grounds of him being out of commission for a while. They can handle themselves a few days without me, I have to think of how to get this under control! He thought in a panic as he felt his eye twitch.

“You were—there, right?” he prefaced. By ‘there’, he meant ‘Shoal Cave’, and by that, well…

he is acting all FISHY

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 22:57:36 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"I'm in a lot of plaes hun, you gotta be more specific."

not really, Evan has heard the rumors and he knows what he's seen and what's occured. He knows what he was told even. The entire thing had rattled him though somehow not so harshly as the nightmare had. Perhaps it was because of how the bird handled his inquiry he wasn't sure.

"Come on." it wasn't like it was the first time lars was in the stray after hours, so Evan stepped aside to let him in.

He had a feeling there was a long night ahead.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 20:05:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“There!” he emphasized, wiggling his fingers in a cave-like gesture. He was shit-ass at sign language, but he was trying to get his point across by flapping his arms in a strange pattern.

“You know—Shoal Cave?” he tried again as he followed the other man inside the mercifully deserted tavern. He was pretty sure he’d caught sight of some of the drunk locals being helped into taxis for them to get home, but that was neither here nor there.

If Evan would notice he also had a pair of gloves on. Normally he never wore those. But he figured—why not try to curb this and keep it under as much… well, lack of control he had over the newfound…

Thing, that he could do.

“Can I pose you a rhetorical question?” he said once they were in the safety of the tavern.

“Is… is it normal to wake up to a room covered in… in frost? Even if it’s hellishly hot outside, is that—is that considered normal?” he went on, his voice swinging between pitches, rising toward the end.

“I—I don’t know if you’ve seen them, the—the breath of frost, that—the being that appeared down in Shoal Cave, I—“ he rambled on, his sanity clearly taking a nosedive as he went on.

Lars needed to get this out, and get it off his chest fast.

Who better to disclose this to, than to the only one he could trust his back with?

:MONKAS:

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2020 20:23:29 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Evan watches him with a steady gaze. Perhaps too steady even, if one were to be watching the two of them. They were an odd little how of opposites weren't they? Where Lars was clearly rattling loose every marble he had to drop and lose Evan had his all neatly tucked into corners where they would not roll away. They were probably organized by colors even.

The man doesn't move until the blond seems unable to find the right words. At which points he places a hand on his shoulder and guides him to his usual seat at the bar. Evan moves behind it without saying a word, the only sounds for the moment is the clink of glasses on the counter top. The shuffle of him reaching for the alcohol. One is set in front of Lars, Evan pours himself a shot. Three actually, to be on the safe side.

He proceeds to tip his head back and take each one without hesitation before he speaks.

"I went too, I saw what was down there."

He waits a moment, lets the sentence breath.

"What happened Lars? Breath, take it slow and easy."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2020 22:24:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we gotta talk [evan]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 22:12:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What happened? What—are you sure you want to know what exactly happened d-d-d-down there?

All the words were loose, terrified, afraid because he didn’t know how to exactly drop the fucking bomb on him. The moment Evan mentioned that he’d also been there, he just felt his insides squirm guiltily.

“I—I don’t know how m-m-m-many people went d-d-d-down there, but—“ he continued, his words still dancing around in all that uncertainty. Holy shit, why was he so wound up at a time like this?!

“You s-s-s-see, when—when I heard the rumors that… ‘it’ appeared down there, I couldn’t… I couldn’t help b-b-but check them out for myself. Like, see…” he rambled on, his hands twisting at every step of the way.

Holy shit, he seriously needed to calm the fuck down! He didn’t know why he was losing it over such a simple… Arceus, why was it so hard to tell him?!

What was he afraid of?!