glimmering darling [m][o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 10:34:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
there was an odd feeling that came with creeping through the dark halls of a rivaling store. his family had mined jewels and gems for centuries. tonight, with the help of bitxilore the sableye, he would be playing robber instead of supplier. he supposed there was something particularly special about the stones, but it was not ellaborated on in the mission details.

mission excavation is live. he said smoothly into a walkie-talkie-like device, referring to a designated CODENAME and confirming that he was inside the building. his partner would be entering from a different area of the store. he surveyed the room for obvious cameras, while the ravenous sableye leered at the contents of cases, its thief’s mind already naturally working out how to acquire them.

down the hall, there was a security officer present, and maddonis was to distract him while his partner shut down the security system. dressed as he would be for a business meeting for his own company, he walked with a confident stride until he was within earshot. “excuse me, but i’m hoping you might be of some help, sir.” his voice purred through the darkness. ”i’m supposed to be meeting with the owner, but it seems they may have forgotten about me. it is late, after all.”

the officer was immediately suspicious, but didn’t make a move to subdue him, on the fence about whether or not it was an intrusion. maddonis was a familiar face and prominent man in the industry. he smirked at the success of his strategy. he wouldn’t have to carry out a conversation with the man; just stall for long enough that his partner could get back to help overtake and dispose of him.

♥ open for a rocket

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 4:28:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]the walkie-talkie sounds to life on his hip, scaring him for a moment at how loud he had the volume set. "live?" oh wait. was he supposed to wait for the confirmation? oops. dae is already in the back attempting to shut down the security systems. call it efficiency, i guess?

years of watching movies have prepared him for this moment. except there's no big red button to press, but rather a whole bunch of wires to pull instead. he yoinks them out of their sockets, effectively shutting the security system down. this all seems a bit too easy, but who is he to complain? dae slips out the room and wastes no time finding the security officer.

like a frog, dae runs and jumps onto the man's back, arms wrapping around his neck to put him into a rear naked choke. with the weight of another man on their back, the security officer quickly drops to the ground, passing out from the choke.

"that felt kinda mean. he didn't even get a chance to react or anything." he stands, dusting off his pants. his voice is surprisingly not as muffled as one would expect from wearing a mask. turning to look at his partner, dae asks: "are we the baddies?"

@maddonis

[newclass=.dae] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dae b] color: #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dae i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 5:58:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
in a second, his partner appeared in a green blur, seeming to FLY LIKE A WINGULL through the air before wrapping around the man’s body and quickly dropping him. he observed and briefly considered how he should really learn to fight. it had been admittedly difficult to motivate himself to do so with all of the muscle team rocket kept around, though. he’d always been good at letting other people do the dirty work for him.

maddonis gave him a look. “you don’t think what we’re here to do is mean?” honestly, being choked out didn’t seem nearly as terrible as losing the amount of money they were about to relocate. it's a good thing it wasn't him, or he'd care. “up to who you ask i think. it’s good for us.”

with the security officer thoroughly subdued, they were able to begin their search for the stones they’d been sent out for. maddonis was familiar with many of the pieces that were displayed in the cases, having kept up to date on the store’s impressive high-end inventory. after a few minutes, however, maddonis realized that he knew all of these pieces. the stones they were after were not here. or, at least, not on public display.

maddonis at his partner. “they’re not here.” his eyes then went to the walls, as though imagining his way through to other rooms. “they’re somewhere else.”

his sableye, as though understanding, began to sniff around. if they were in the building, surely she’d eventually find them if they didn’t first. maddonis looked down at the unconscious officer, and then bent to retrieve a keycard from his lanyard. “this could be useful.” it unlocked several doors in the building, one of which hid a safe that contained what they were searching for. however, it was unknown if there would be further obstacles now.

“i believe we ought to do something with him.” he suggested. they’d need more time, and the officer was likely to wake up some time before they’d completed their heist.

♥ @dae

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 7:07:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]dae shrugs. "it is but this dude here was just talking to ya. i woulda liked it if he threw a punch or something, you know?" but honestly, when it comes down to it, he doesn't care. being choked out is a nicer alternative than death, which some rocket members are more than happy to dish. "us being rocket?"

dae has no idea what exactly they're looking for, so he leaves it to his partner to do the searching. he lowers himself to sit on the unconscious back, pulling his phone out moments after to read from. it isn't until maddonis reaches for the lanyard does he look back up.

"hm? oh sorry i was a bit distracted." pocketing his phone, dae moves and grabs the officer by his legs. "right i got this. can you open that door over there for me?" he drags the body across the room towards what he assumes to be a closet.

oh! that reminds him. "ya got rope or something to tie his hands? something to gag him too. they always do it in movies so i figured we should do the same."

@maddonis

[newclass=.dae i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 7:42:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“that’s strange to say.” it was sort of lost on him that taking a punch, or giving him the chance to administer one, would have been an honorable thing to do. “yes.”

dae then got out his phone and disconnected from his surroundings. madonnis stared at him for a moment, his thoughts veiled by an empty look but easily guessed. idiot. he blinked at the floor as the man was casually dragged off. “sure,” about the door.

when asked about a rope, madonnis shook his head in disbelief, holding himself at an angle to show anywhere his partner seemed to suspect he might be hiding these items. all he had on his person was a walkie-talkie, and a card on a… oh. BIG BRAIN MOMENT. the lanyard. it wasn’t as sturdy as rope, but tied right he guessed it might hold. he pulled a silver switchblade out, which he’d only recently acquired, and easily sliced part of the material through, slid the keycard off, and dangled it from one end. it came out to be nearly a meter — plenty enough to tie wrists.

“we’ll use his shirt as a gag.” it sounded like an executive decision, and he looked at the other man expectantly, as though waiting for him to carry out his command. maddonis had zero authority, but dae, while effective, seemed hazardous. he would step into the role of strategist if necessary and enabled. he held out the lanyard, assuming, probably safely, that his partner knew more about tying someone up than he did.

♥ @dae
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 8:10:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]"sir yes sir." the executive order is taken without much resistance. despite the hazardous display of force shown earlier to subdue the officer, dae is surprisingly gentle when moving their body into the closet. he slowly lowers their legs, setting them down against the floor. sparing the small space one quick glance, he reaches for a roll of napkins before sliding it under the officer's neck to use as a makeshift pillow.

while tying the officer's wrists together, dae peers over his shoulder at his partner. "bro i gotta ask. do you do this often? rocket shit, i mean, not ordering people around even though you are quite good at it. almost too good at it..." the last part trails off into nothing more than a thought. reaching for a knife around his ankle, dae makes quick work of the officer's shirt and stuffs it into their mouth.

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 8:55:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis was quickly called out for his bullshit and crossed his arms, momentarily dropping from his cool facade. “no, i’m new.” he huffed ever so lightly and turned to continue this search for doors, allowing his partner to dispose of the still unconscious man however he might choose. he remained within earshot. it wasn’t a terribly huge place.

“i’m not clueless, at least.” he defended himself a moment later, poking at dae kind of vaguely, but he was still the fool to be revealing he’d been stewing on it for a beat or two. he wasn’t sure why. it was a curse, that his ego was so massive and yet so tender. “i’ll get better at it, doing the kinds of things you just did to that man. you'll see.” he sounded very sure of himself, and maybe he’d be right. time would tell. he had a lot of work to do.

a second later, bitxilore had homed in on a door. maddonis went to it and used the keycard, and there was a sound like pressure releasing before the door slid open. behind it was a safe, but of course, the safe had a code. he gritted his teeth, staring down the numerical pad that beared an unfathomable number of possibilities. he called out into the main gallery room, “did they tell you there’d be a safe?” he’d better know the code. and if he didn’t, he’d better be able to get someone on the line who did.

♥ @dae
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:04:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]dae? clueless? doesn't sound like him, so the possible insult flies right over his head. he finishes up and stands, closing the door to the closet behind him. it softly clicks shut. "who woulda thought i'd be your senior." it's a thought that has him chuckling to himself.

"if ya need lessons just lemme know. i'd be more than happy to teach you a few things."

they aren't allowed to dwell on it for long, however, before maddonis' sableye sounds its findings. dae follows them into the room to the sight of a safe. "try zero-zero-zero-zero." giving maddonis a friendly pat on the shoulder, he chuckles and says: "just kidding. yeah they did." perhaps he is only pretending to be an idiot.

dae punches in the four-digit combination. mechanical gears move and the safe slides open, its content ripe for taking. he takes a step back and allows maddonis to do his thing.

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 10:13:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the offer of lessons was appealing, though. he’d had his eyes open for a tutor of sorts. he needed self defense instruction, especially, as embarrassing as that would be to admit to anyone. he wondered briefly if he was capable of letting go of his pride that way, especially to this person.

when dae had made it to the room and cracked his joke, maddonis felt a rage melt over his whole body like the ripple of a volcanic wave. it was a wonder his shoulder didn’t burn the man’s hand when it patted him patronizingly. thankfully, he moved in and entered a different code, summoning an audible sigh of relief from maddonis. this was fucking stressful. and to think he’d been excited for this mission.

he shot dae a murderous look before moving to retrieve the stones, unlike those which he’d previously seen. he scrutinized them for a moment and then shoved them in his pocket, wrapped in a soft material that they had been sitting on within the safe. he looked up at dae. “we still need to figure out the security guard. he knows who i am.” it was what had given them time to get in, but it made getting out safely more difficult. was killing him an option? he said nothing, waiting for a sign. if it wasn't an option, so be it, they'd think of something else. but he'd wait and see what dae was capable of.

♥ @dae
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 10:20:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]dae rests an arm against the wall, leaning over to get a better view of what maddonis is doing. "kinda funny what some people would do for some pretty stones." and to be honest, the stones aren't even really that pretty. but they must be worth something. why else would they be here otherwise?

the tone in the room shifts ever so slightly, dipping into dark territories. it's combated against the indifference dae shows in his tone of voice when he says: "that sounds like a you problem." sighing, he raises a hand to tap against his mask, perhaps indicating the exact reason why he wears one. suddenly, he asks:

"are you asking me to kill him?"

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 10:49:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis smirked and his eyes flashed. “oh, people do all kinds of things for pretty stones.” but the amusement in him quickly gave wave again to his curiosity. “i don’t think these are just for looks.”

dae was right, really. he didn’t have any notable reason to save maddonis’ ass, and he’d been great at entertaining him thus far. still, his exposure had been a built-in part of the operation. “you forget, if i’d had a mask on, he wouldn’t have recognized me in the first place, and that was crucial.” but it should have been thought through to the end. that was true. it was poor oversight.

when he asked him so bluntly about killing the man, maddonis was quick about his response, and careful to act at least somewhat appalled. “what? no.” then he averted his cornflower eyes, thinking hard. the security officer physically patrolled and protected the room, but maddonis was willing to bet he didn’t have the authority to access the security system. what might he do in such an opportunity as this?

maddonis went over to the cases and then resurfaced from the shadows holding a particularly valuable necklace and a pair of earrings, their combined value likely worth more than the man’s salary a few years over. the man was still out. maddonis looked at dae. “a bribe?” he suggested, referring to the jewels. it was a lot of money they'd be doing the crime for and handing away. he was gambling, but fairly confident that the stones in his pocket had no price. they were worth a sacrifice. “and maybe you could intimidate him a little with your big strong arms.” there was a high level of snark, but he was mostly serious.

♥ @dae
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 15:01:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]crucial is a strong word. but there's no use arguing over it now so he decides to let it pass, washing away along with whatever little dread he was feeling. this situation is messy but it's not his mess to clean. then why is he still here?

shrugging, dae quickly responds: "just asking because it sure sounded like it." maddonis disappears for a few moments before returning with more jewelry. their values are lost on dae, but they certainly look expensive. they would't be guarded otherwise.

at the mention of his arm, dae stretches one out and flops it up and down. "bro i literally have noodle arms. but don't worry i gotchu." he reaches behind his back and unsheathes his sword. it looks dumb and impractical but it came with the face claim. the metal glimmers even in dim light.

"for the record i don't think a bribe will work. he's seen your face and there's nothing stopping him from going to the league right after this and ratting you out." their options are unfortunately limited. "you ready to kill him if it comes down to it?"

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:06:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
dae was more perceptive than maddonis had been giving him credit for. the blonde opted not to respond.

looking up at his flopping arm, maddonis’ face wretched a little. the man was unabashed and strange. the sword, though, he was kind of jealous of. it seemed he was developing an infatuation with pointy things.

“fear is powerful.” maddonis reasoned. “i supposed blackmail might be a better word. we could bribe him to sweeten the deal. if he says nothing, he keeps these,” he nodded to the jewls in hand, “and his life, and anything that’s left.” he looked back at bitxilore. an alarming number of saps truly believed the sableye would eat their souls, and he’d exploited that already once before.

“yes.” adrenaline swept through him at his own response, but his expression was indifferent. it was was an honest answer. his care for the value of other life was waning. he was AT DEATH’S DOOR, not to surrender, but to do his bidding. and, team rocket demanded that its cohorts not be faint of heart. “of course.” and maddonis would be sure to check in on the man. honestly though, maybe it wasn’t the best idea. it checking on someone repeatedly was extra work he wouldn’t be profitting from.

he was second-guessing himself. “you know, maybe we should just take him with us?” it extended the length of the problem, but they couldn’t hang around forever trying to devise a plan.

♥ @dae
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 19:01:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dae"]
[attr="class","dae b"]
[attr="class","dae i"]there is logic in maddonis' reasoning that cannot be ignored no matter how hard dae tries. and fuck, does he try. "i still don't think that'll work." there's an air of indifference that lingers around him even as he speaks. he sighs, sheathing his sword for now.

ignoring everything his partner says, dae walks over to the closet, opens it, and squats down besides the unconscious officer to run his hands across their body. he comes across a wallet in their back pocket, and it only takes him a moment to formulate a plan that would save maddonis' ass.

rising back to his feet, dae tosses the wallet over to his partner. "look inside." he settles onto the floor outside the closet, back leaning against the wall. "just threaten his family and say if he talks we'll kill them. make sure to give him some expensive shit too though to make up for it. his daughter looks pretty young so i'm sure he'd appreciate the college fund."

simple. easy. effortless. dae waits for a reaction.

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 19:51:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis wanted a sword.

threaten his family. that was a thought that had not occurred to him for some reason. it was triggering, frankly. he could relate to that fear firsthand. that loss. his revenge fantasy was one with deep ironies.

“that will work.” he agreed, nodding affirmatively. he then looked down at the body at their feet. he nudged him in the face with the fasionably pointed toe of his boot until the man grunted awake.

“shutup.” maddonis commanded coldly. the man quieted, beside himself. maddonis then slowly dropped to crouch all the way on his heels, helping the man up into a sitting position and holding him with one finger at the bottom of his chin, pushing it gently towards him. “listen carefully. in a couple of days, this will be big news, and you’ll have seen nothing. you will not speak up, because,” he held up the photo of the man’s daughter, “we have eyes everywhere.” the officer’s heart visibly sunk.

maddonis went on, “i will pick them off, one by one.” hm. “when you have no family left to siphon your paychecks into, i’ll ruin your job. i'll proceed to ruin all of what's left of your life until you’re really considering a noose, and then i’ll burn down your home so you’ve got nowhere dignified to hang yourself. maybe you’ll just do it in the yard, and i'll slit your throat before you choke.” there was a crazed look that began to glitter in his eyes, but he blinked it away, and held out the jewels. “alternatively, you could take these, and just keep your mouth shut.” he smiled encouragingly, dropping the man's chin and setting the heirloom pieces down, standing. he left the man still on the floor, disoriented, processing his options. it didn’t take long.

“okay.” he agreed. “okay, yeah, i’ll take the fucking shit.” what a night it’d been for the guy. he needed another a new job, for fuck's sake.

“good.” maddonis reset some of the cases and prepared to leave. at the last moment, he dashed the officer’s hopes again. “you will still need to come with us foe unfortunately, sir. now for long, rest assured, but regardless of your word, we can’t risk you doing anything stupid while we’re still this close to the scene of the crime.”

♥ @dae

um maddonis can talk gd sorrylol