marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 9:48:51 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]an hour shy of dawn, marcel resigns himself to his fate. slumped up against a steel wall, he flicks his thumb over his lighter; its rasping fills the lull. for a moment, it is not so lonely.
[break][break]
the flame has barely smoked when footsteps sound. marcel looks up at their new underboss, their new avatar. the shadows seem to eat away at him.
[break][break]
"it suits you," he sneers around his cigarette.
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 15:09:40 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he’ll see a challenge even where there isn’t one. dominic is statuesque in the dim light, and his shadowed silhouette stretches beyond him - adversarial in its own right.

"yeah? you want a closer look?" his voice is soft and dropped low as he advances closer. dominic doesn’t bother to veil the implicit threat, his narrowed eyes lingering on the smoke of marcel’s cigarette.

marcel doesn’t know what it looks like to see your skin shift in the shadow. marcel doesn’t know what it means to feel boneless. dominic’s lip curls, mirthless.

"the fuck is your problem, maeda?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 17:30:51 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]there's nowhere to run, but he tries. his back straightens, and he presses back into it. marcel's gaze slides from dominic to his shadow. his gaze is unmoving, waiting.
[break][break]he takes his cigarette between his fingers; smoke follows the movements of his hand. "did you get what you wanted, then?" he asks, "or is it boss next?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 18:29:45 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 it’s a years old scar - the emptiness behind the ribs that never quite heals. dominic wants more and more and nothing will never be enough for him.

he lets marcel’s words settle in the physical expanse of space between them. the corridor feels too small; dominic thinks he can taste the smoke as well as smell it.

"no," he says shortly, barely above a murmur. "and think carefully about what you’re saying."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:08:04 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]his fingers twitch. marcel pushes off the wall, though slowly, only slightly. it's barely a shift, but it's movement still.
[break][break]"you got your title, you got your pet" his look turns accusatory. "what else is there?"
[break][break]it's only after he's spoken he allows himself to take a drag. it does little to comfort him.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:59:07 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he could ask for so much more.

"just like merlino," dominic sneers. the intention to play at civility had been stripped away the second marcel spoke.

dominic catches the minute change in the admin’s posture; but it is the slight motion forward that prompts him to go on the offensive, drawing close to snarl, "are you really going to pretend to be stupid, marcel? why do you think i’ve been going to kanto for months?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 20:29:07 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]hindsight is everything; the pieces were already there. but marcel refuses to let this turn on him, he tells himself this anger comes from elsewhere.
[break][break]smoke tumbles in the silence.
[break][break]
"i didn't think you had the balls," he says finally, quietly, "not after you got scared by blackwell."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 5:00:11 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the expanse in dominic’s chest yawns again at the provocation. he’s close enough to lash out and strike him. briefly, dominic fights his muscles to still himself, though his fingers curl and he feels a phantom pain ache at his knuckles.

marcel, he figures, wants his violence. he wants the satisfaction of being right, and dominic won’t give it to him. instead, he throws his head back, the low of his harsh, humourless laughter echoing mockingly against the steel entombing them.

"wrong on both counts."

dominic draws very slightly closer, eyes narrowed in scrutiny. when he speaks again, he drops his voice to a soft drawl, but the intimacy belies the bite. "what are you trying to get at?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 8:20:20 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]whatever this is rattling against his ribs, he chases it. the step he takes feels heavy. this iron-wall space is not enough for it all: them, the ash, the laughter.
[break][break]
"you--" his breath billows with a harsh exhale. "you're just as scared as me." their eyes meet, and he forces himself to hold that gaze. "so keep digging that grave. see where that gets us all."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 15:08:57 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic realises his breathing is halting, and so are his words; they’re catching against the chips of shrapnel lodged in his throat. he lets the air leave his lungs and when he leans forward to whisper, as though to share a secret, the aggression has bled from his tone - replaced with something foreign and hollow.

"that’s the first thing you’ve been right about." he is too close to read marcel’s expression; he just wishes he could see his eyes. "i'll follow declan and i'll lie in that grave if he tells me to. and so will you."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 16:08:35 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]and like that, it dissipates. marcel tries to shake off his fatigue, a heavy coat of bones; tries to muster some sort of fight in him.
[break][break]
"i won't," he mutters weakly, "i'll leave."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:29:18 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 on some level, they’re of the same ilk; dominic knows this, and so he also knows that the more marcel struggles, the tighter he winds the rope around his neck.

dominic’s response is immediate, sharp but spoken very quietly and with conviction. a tight smile can be heard in his murmur.

"no you won’t."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:17:53 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]three syllables: too weak to echo, but they thunder in his chest. a truth that calls to somewhere in the back of his mind. marcel's gaze is half-lidded--a not quite glare--as he mulls over his response.
[break][break]
he takes a drag, and lets the silence speak for him.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:09:35 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 when dominic holds marcel's gaze, his vacant, searching stare lacks any heat. he reaches fingertips behind his ribs trying to clutch at something but he comes out empty-handed; and he knows that the absence is worse than anger, worse than fear, worse than guilt.

in moments like these, it always feels like he's sliding a blade through marcel's chest, digging a little deeper and twisting the knife a little more.

"fucking hell, marcel," dominic exhales eventually.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
choke [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 23:50:25 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]that's one word for it.
[break][break]
their tempo slows to a dragging pulse--marcel blames these graveyard hours--as his voice still clings to his throat. unsure what to make of dominic's words, he gives in to dull laughter.
[break][break]
"sorry boss--" marcel taps weakly at his chest "--mine still beats." his humour comes out bitter; smile twisting, failing, before vanishing entirely.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]