awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 12:29:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, while he wasn’t fine with the notion of pirates hanging around the area, he was certain that there were a lot of people who didn’t want to see them around.

There had been news of several cache stashes around the area, all accumulated there thanks to pirate activity. What was it with the summer weather always bringing the pirates out of hiding?

He could only sigh, waiting for his backup to arrive. He was out by Lilycove beach, near one of the secluded rock formations—League intel had informed him of a cache of supplies somewhere around this stretch and that whoever showed up was to get whatever was plundered, ‘back’ from the plunderers.

So what are we, modern-day Robin Hoods? He thought quietly as he continued to pace, waiting for his companion to arrive, whoever they may be. There was no way in hell he was going to do this all by himself!

reverse-plundering some pirate loot back into the good hands!

@tag
close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 12:49:24 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

[attr="class","Savannah"]
So, Savannah was desperate for money.. but surely not this desperate? Robbing pirates.. What in the world had she been thinking? While trying to search for another part time job, or any odd one-time deals, she had heard a fella saying he needed recruits. That blah blah blah, blah blah blah and whoever completed it would earn a reward. Looking back, she should have paid more attention before foolishly volunteering herself out what felt like a suicide mission

Due to her lack of experience, she was told that she would be assigned to the lieutenant of the league (what did that even mean?). His contact information had been given to her.. but when she tried to call there was no answer. Perhaps she had typed it in wrong? 

Praying that her "partner" was already on site, Savannah followed the crudely drawn map to the lost goods that had been plundered by freaking pirates. Why the hell had she not just turned around? There was no contract signing her to this commitment. Of course, she knew the reason: if she flaked than it could hurt her reputation. Er.. not that she had any in the Hoenn region. 

Nose in the map, trying to discern the roughly drawn images, Savannah didn't see the man until she nearly ran right into him. Luckily, the small fairy type that liked to live under her hat alerted her in time. Eyes enlarged as Savannah stared at the man, mouth agape. "P-Pirate!" 

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".Savannah"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".Savannah b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1ac7f; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 13:24:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was pacing on the sand, wondering where his companion was—and very nearly had a panic attack when he heard a distinctly feminine voice squeal out the ‘P’ word his way.

“Whoa, whoa, wait—I’m not the pirate! Are you—are you Miss Huckabee?” he exclaimed as he held out his hands and frantically gestured her way to keep it down otherwise they would be swarmed upon by pirates. “The League sent me,” and with that he fished out his wallet hurriedly before producing his identification card.

If her eyes were fast enough she would see the words ‘Fortree Gym Leader’ somewhere on it, before he folded his wallet up once more and kept it back in his pocket. A few moments later he realized that she had a Cutiefly—buzzing rather… angrily… his way.

“Whoa, okay, tell your Cutiefly to calm down,” he said as he fished around his pocket again and dug out a pink Love Ball, popping it to full size and sending out his own Ribombee, Carina. Catching sight of the young woman, she quickly flittered over before spinning something in her hands—a yellow Pollen Puff.

“Carina, uh—“ he continued before the Ribombee buzzed her way, gesturing to the sticky, sweet treat in her hands.

@tag
close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 14:39:34 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

Ermagerd. How did this pirate know her name? Was he also a stalker? Had he been hunting her? Was she about to walk to plank? Be turned into chum?! Her life was pretty pathetic, sure, but she still had so much to live for! She was too young to die! She had people counting on her and and-

“The League sent me." Savannah's catastrophising was put on a (potentially temporarily) hold. Although hesitant, her brown eyes eventually flickered down to the identification card. She didn't have much time to examine it. That was suspicious. Very, very suspicious. Still..

"Foretree.." she muttered to herself. Was that his name? No, but it certainly sounded familiar. Eyebrows furrowed in concentration which was almost immediately broken when, “Whoa, okay, tell your Cutiefly to calm down." 

Huh? Huuuuh? But she was right under her hat- Or so she had thought before she saw the small speck flapping its wings at mach speed in an attempt to reach the "pirate" as soon as possible. "Marigold! Wait!" 

Marigold's tunnel vision caused the words to go in one ear and out the other. Once she was focused there was nothing capable of drawing her attention. Well, nothing that she could see or hear. Her sense of smell, on the other-hand, was always working when it came to the delicious smell of her favorite treat. 

"Cu?" Marigold questioned, as if asking for permission to consume the delicious treat from her fellow species. As soon as she was given the go ahead, she plunged her head into the puff of pollen.

With the Cutiefly subdued, Savannah awkwardly scratched the back of her head. "Ah, sorry 'bout that." No one bad would have such a sweetiepie for a Pokemon, right? Plus.. he didn't really look like you're stereotypical pirate now that she had a chance to look at him. Her cheeks burned with the telltale sign of embarrassment. "I reckon you're Lieutenant Ivanov?" 

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 15:34:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I was about to tell you to calm down but your—Cutiefly decided to charge me,” he replied with an equally embarrassed tone. “Thankfully she seems to like sweet treats.”

Carina, on the other hand, was astounded to see that the little Cutiefly had practically devoured the Pollen Puff that she was intending to give to the female. Whoops. Buzzing in his direction, she pointed at the Cutiefly before letting out a sigh.

“Carina, nothing we can do now—you can give her one later, he chuckled her way, before said Cutiefly huffed his way and let out another sigh. Either way…

Now that he noticed her embarrassed expression, he then scratched the back of his own head. “Oh, rank’s nothing to me—please, call me Alexei,” he corrected her. “Besides… we’re here to get some stolen goods back.”

With that he turned to face the entrance of the cove.

“Are you scared?” he asked a few moments later.

@tag
close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 5:43:16 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

Haaah. What an unfortunate case of mistaken identity. A nervous chuckle escaped through her tightly clamped lips. "Sorry. I didn't notice Marigold 'ere slip out from under my hat. She's a little.. clingy and overprotective." Savannah adjusted her beige bucket hat as Marigold, now content, flutter above her head. "You should see 'er 'round flowers. She goes bonkers." Her accent was thick and articulation loose: a side effect of the nerves that wracked her body and mind. 

His Ribombee did not appear pleased by Marigold's action. "Mari, you oughtta apologize." The Cutie attempted to use her puppy-dog eyes to sway Savannah but she stood strong. "To both of 'em."

Sheepishly, Marigold cautiously fluttered near the Ribombee. "Cu.." 

It felt wrong to call someone who was clearly about her in such a casual way. Still.. if that was what he wanted then she would at least try. "Oh, ah, yeah. I'm Savannah." But he already knew that, didn't he? She nearly facepalmed at the realization. 

“Are you scared?” The question caught Savannah off guard. She hesitated, unsure of how to answer. A few moments skipped by before she finally replied, "Yes." A small smile crinkled the corners of her mouth. "My hometown is a rough type of place. Pirates aren't really all that scary compared to.." she trailed off, "Yet I'm still 'fraid."

Savannah was quick to shift the conversation, "I s'ppose we should have some strategy." Because she sure has heck haven't thought of one. "What do you reckon we do?"

For a second, excitement bubbled in her eyes, "Do we need code names?" She pondered for a moment, contemplating a fitting undercover name, when common sense hit her like a truck. It wasn't as if anyone knew who she was. They possibly knew Mr. Ivanov, given his title and all, but.. it wasn't like they were actually undercover. "Uh, scratch that. That's somethin' for movies, ain't it?" 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:03:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“They go bonkers all the time when they’re young. When your Cutiefly evolves, I can tell she would probably gain some sense of taste, or something to that effect. Kind of like how Carina doesn’t like plucking flowers just to get at the nectar,” he remarked, gesturing to the Ribombee that had since returned to one of her favorite perches—his shoulder.

At the mention of a strategy, he chuckled.

“See, this is where our little companions come in handy. Knowing how small they are, they may be easily overlooked, but—well, they can slip by inside without being easily seen,” he added a few moments later as the Ribombee hoisted herself off his shoulder and began flitting around them.

“Carina, you be the lead—tell us if you see anything inside, he gestured towards the cave entrance. Turning back to Savannah, he crinkled his eyebrows her way.

“She may be small, but she’s really good at scouting,” he went on as the little Ribombee flew ahead into the cave mouth. At the mention of ‘code names’, he chuckled once more.

“Well, if you have some Pokémon that can do some heavy lifting when we go in there once Carina returns… we could work with it.”

He was game for the idea, no matter how silly it sounded. Anything to help her relax and calm down, right?

close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 9:13:57 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

Could Savannah classify Marigold as "young"? She had found the Cutiefly... five years ago? Maybe six? She struggled to locate the information in her mind's archives but it looked like the file had been thrown in the trash. Honestly, her memories were fairly mundane and dull for the most part, allowing time to blur away the trivial details.

"Well, I sure hope so." Her wallet couldn't take anymore damage from Marigold's recklessness.. Teddy's too for the matter. Was she not feeding them enough or something? Nah, Teddy had a pudgy belly. If anything, she was giving them too much.

"Maybe Marigold 'ere can learn some manners from Carina." The Cutiefly buzzed in annoyance around Savannah's ears, her small body bumping into her head numerous times. "I was jus' kiddin', Mari.. 'though-" She was interrupted from a defiant cry.

Savannah nodded along to his plan. He was one smart cookie. She hadn't even though of using Mari as a scout (then again she didn't usually participate in reverse theft). Speaking of the little Cutiefly where was she- 

Ah, right. There she was. An angry speck following Carina because Savannah's praise, when it came to other of her kind, only belonged to her. She would not be outdone by this.. this.. slightly larger version than herself! 

"Mari, wait!" It was too late: Marigold was out of earshot. Savannah wasn't able to shout for many reasons; the main being that she'd rather not die from potential pirate attention. She sighed. Please, don't cause any trouble. On the bright side, she was hard to see.. like a piece of pollen blowing on the wind. 

Her attention returned to Alexei when asked about heavy lifting. "Er.." An image of her team appeared in her mind's eye. Pippin was the biggest of them all, but his fins were not made for carrying. "Well, I'm capable of doin' some liftin'." Although she didn't look it, Savannah had done many odd jobs including manual labor in her lifetime. "Teddy sometimes 'elps but.."

"I guess it all depends what kind'a loot we're re-plunderin'?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:49:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I mean, you can let your Marigold hang around my Carina… is your Cutiefly being a handful? he inquired quietly as the two buzzed away, out of sight. Here’s to hoping they don’t get spotted or anything, because it would be awkward if he had to send out the other five companions he had.

Four avians and one Lucario against an unknown number of enemies… he was thinking of how to divide his attention between them if ever they got jumped on.

“Alright, that’s great to hear. Hopefully what they find isn’t too heavy for us to get out of here, considering we would have to haul it back to the nearest League outpost,” he said as he waited for the two to return.

Meanwhile…

Inside the cave, the Ribombee was flitting round, looking and watching if there were any decidedly-human-shaped shadows buzzing around the area. Not until she heard an angry little noise did she look around before seeing that she was being followed by the Cutiefly from earlier.

Holding up one of her tiny arms, she then gestured for the Cutiefly to stay quiet as they flew in deeper into the depths of the cave. Thankfully, there were some places where the sun shone in, offering them some light to see through the area.

close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 12:25:59 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

Darn it, Marigold. Way to make your trainer look great. Please note the sarcasm in that previous sentence. Savannah wasn't a seasoned trainer and she didn't claim to be one. Honestly, it was easy to tell her Pokemon knowledge was limited. "She's got a lot'a spunk, that's for sure. I found 'er like a squashed bug in a field one day. I don't know what happened to 'er."

"Carina is a sweetheart." She absentmindedly commented as she stared in the direction of her rogue Cutiefly. Savannah wasn't even able to see Marigold anymore. "You must be a darn good trainer." Well, if he was a "lieutenant" of some sort then of course he was an esteemed trainer. Not that she truly knew what he was a "lieutenant" of. 

Wait.. what was that..? "Mr. Ivanov!" A proper warning couldn't be given. Instead, Savannah forcibly threw all of her weight into a tackle at the man. Just as they tumbled to the ground, a scalding stream of water passed over their heads, the steaming water terrifyingly close to Savannah's head. If it wasn't for her hat.. 

Noo! her hat! It was burning from the heat of the water. Savannah quickly threw her favorite bucket hat at the ground, kicking sand over it in order to stop the flames from growing.

A grating laugh caused her eyes to narrow as a burly man made his appearance known. His snaggle-toothed grin turned her blood cold. Talk about adding insult to injury! A Sharpedo which was somehow able to swim through the air on land was getting ready to fire another blast of water at the pair. Wasn't her poor hat enough of a casualty? 

Savannah's hand instinctively went towards her Pokeballs. Unfortunately, she didn't know which was which.. Everything was going so fast! A penguin, ice block in tact on his face, emerged from the Pokeball. "P-Pippin! Freeze the water!" Did that even make sense? Would that even work? Fortunately, the ice type understood and sent a freeze-dry to intercept the next water move. 

The noise outside was muffled from inside the cave. Despite her irritation, Marigold followed Carina's instructions.. until her eyes spotted a single Houndoom, guarding the "treasure chest". 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:42:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So there he was, waiting for the Ribombee and the Cutiefly to return—but then he felt his center of gravity shift to the side before hearing her voice shout out a warning—one that came in the nick of time!

It wasn’t until he felt the heat overhead did he realize that they were set upon… mercifully, by only one individual. But what if there were more? Rummaging in his pockets, he rolled a containment unit forward, knowing there was a one in five chance he was going to summon his—

A loud roar shook the area as his Salamence erupted from the flash of red light.

“Thunder Fang!” was all he had time to shout and the Salamence screeched again, before heading towards the Sharpedo and attempting to bite down on the Water-type… how the hell was it out of the water and not dying? He didn’t know!

Once the Salamence had gone off to defend them from the Pokémon, he stood up and pulled her up as well.

“So—I know better than to underestimate you. Where’re your companions? he said, keeping his head cool as he held out a hand to the side, in case Savannah thought of rushing forward.

Back inside the cave…

The Ribombee’s eyes grew wide at the sight of the Houndoom. Anything that was a Fire-type was bad news, especially for their kind. Turning to face the angry little Cutiefly, she shook her head. Even if they were small and had the element of surprise, all it would take was one Flamethrower attack and they would be roasted.

Instead, the Ribombee made sure to remember as much details as she could cram in her tiny little head before plucking at the Cutiefly and going back to where their human companions were.

close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 8:15:25 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

R.I.P her beloved hat. At least Mr. Ivanov was safe. It was a worthy sacrifice, especially since she'd probably be the next thing burnt to the crisp if not for the man summoning a freaking dragon. Wow: she had never seen such a large Pokemon before! Not to mention intimidating and menacing.. Savannah was glad that Alexei, and by default the Salamence, was on her side.

A helping hand was offered and Savannah quickly accepted it. Well, she was no longer a (literal) sitting duck.. but she was a standing one now. She watched in awe as the lieutenant confronted the pirate. Dang. It looked like something right out of a movie. If only she could muster that amount of strength and confidence..

She stumbled back a few feet as she tried to get out of the way. A surprised squeal escaped her mouth before a rough hand covered it. Behind her, holding her in a firm grip, was a second pirate. Pippin turned to Alexei, worry radiating from his small body.

The pirate grunted some sort of threat but she didn't hear despite his voice being loud and clear. Everything was muffled as anxiety began to consume her mind.

Meanwhile, still inside the cave, Marigold narrowed her eyes at Carina. At first, it looked like she was about to come willingly.. until she suddenly bolted out of sight. Like an angry fly, she flew towards the Houndoom; releasing a stun spore as soon as she had successfully maneuvered over its head. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 16:55:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I don’t want to send out my other—“ he began, before the first pirate began to cackle and talk over his shoulder. It was at this point he turned around and saw that—oh, shit, really?

“Well shit,” he grumbled as his eyebrows met in the middle of his forehead. “Let her go. You—you do not want to see him get angry,” he gestured over to the Salamence who was holding the Sharpedo up by the fin, electrified Thunder Fang keeping it away from the ground.

“Seriously, you do not want me to get angry…”

Back inside the cave—

Carina the Ribombee was flitting out and away to tell Alexei what they’d found—only, where was the Cutiefly?! Ah, shit! She then turned around before going back inside to search for the Cutiefly, wondering what kind of insanity it had gotten itself into.

Coming upon the Cutiefly that was dropping some kind of yellow powder on the sleeping Houndoom, she shook her head before spinning a purple Pollen Puff and chucking it at the Cutiefly. Hopefully she would get the hunt and get moving so they could return back to their human companions!

close tab

played by

Juniper

she/her
Twenty-four
March 3rd
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual(?)
Cadet
2 height
2 height
awards
26 posts
part of
TAG WITH @savannah
savannah huckabee
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 21:02:23 GMT
savannah huckabee Avatar

Cold steel pressed against Savannah's throat. Any sudden move, whether by the pirate or Savannah herself, would result in injury. "I don't think you have much room to talk, mate. Unless you don't care for the life of this little lassie." The pirate chuckled. He knew who Alexei was. There was no way that a gym leader of the league, especially one with his reputation, would want an innocent to be injured.

Pippin nervously pulled on Alexei's pants. The little penguin didn't know what to do and turned to the man for directions. 

Switching scenes to the one in the cave, Marigold looked ready to dive-bomb the hound. The Cutiefly tunnel-visioned on the dual-type Pokemon. She was too focused on her suicide mission prey that Carina's presence went unnoticed.

However, just as she started to dive toward the hound, the delicious smell of pollen caught her elongated nose. Instinctively, Marigold turned towards the source of the delicious meal. Where was i- Never mind, it smacked her in the face.

Although she didn't look pleased, Marigold greedily tried to suck up the pollen that had stuck to her body. Once she practically vacuumed her fuzz, she turned to Carina. Fine, fine. The Houndoom was a sitting duck but she would leave him.. for now. Grumbling as she did so, Marigold followed Carina to the cave's exit/entrance.

It was a good thing she followed. Her eyes bulged as she spotted Savannah in the hands of a human she didn't recognize. A human who reeked of ill-will. Anger fueled her tiny wings as she raced towards her trainer. Luckily, her size made it hard for anyone to spot her unless they were looking for it.

Like an annoying little gnat, Marigold swarmed around the pirate's head. The pirate loosened his grip on Savannah, leaving only the knife against her neck, as he attempted to bat away the annoyance with his now free hand.

Eventually, she was ruthlessly swatted. As she felt herself falling, Marigold made a last-ditch effort to stop the pirate. She threw a yellow powder, a stun powder, into the face of the threat before she crumbled to the ground looking very much like a smooshed fly. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sneaky tiptoe [ss]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 1:59:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: