august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
jian
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 19:46:19 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
the war was for hoenn had ended, but that didn't mean he was done. he had just a few more battles to face. this one specifically being the hardest. this year has been hectic for the dragon master. with his family having returned home and busy. he didn't have anyone to really confide in at this time.

nonetheless, he had finally found her. apparently she had been staying 's house. it took sometime to find her, but he did with the help of his arcanine tracking her scent. as he stood outside the researcher's home, mateo would begin to bang on the door as though he were the police. he'd continue to do until someone answered, preferably , answered.

open the freakin' door, i know you're in there noe! open up, open up!

like a madman he'd wiggle the door handle. waiting for someone to hear him knocking. "i'm not goin' anywhere until you open the fuckin' door, i know you're in there!" a panting sound belonging to arcanine was heard from behind. the fire-type named after watched with interest to see how this would play out, though a little more worried rather than excited. "and don't you even think about calling !" he didn't have time for that cop-turned-champion-but-still-a-cop-who-is-carrying madwoman. "i will burn his house down if you don't come out right now, i'll fuckin' do it! i'll smoke you out if i have to!"

notes: if you think he won't light this bitch up like rotisserie chicken you're welcome to try him. he has nothing left to lose.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
jian
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 22:00:24 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Nestled underneath a blanket on the couch, Noelle idly stroked the back of her chewtle who rested on her lap with a noisy snore. The quiet of the day felt slightly unsettling, given everything that'd happened within these weeks to months. Settling back into the quiet that was life and trying to adjust back to it was more difficult than she'd anticipated. Especially when plenty of things plagued her mind.

To the...thing that inhabited her body to more personal affairs, she had more than enough to think about. The thought of consulting Lucas about it - or perhaps even Kyle popped into her mind once or twice. But, the pinkette was quick to wave it off. She'd be fine.

The sudden and harsh banging on the door made her visibly jump, accidently throwing her chewtle from off her lap. Was it a robber? More megalopolan invaders? No - what sort of thief or alien invader used the front door and knocked?

Soon enough though, an angered shout followed the frantic knocking, and the woman visibly recoiled. "Why is he here?" It wasn't...as though she wasn't happy to see Mateo. She was. She was glad that he was safe, alive. Glad that he, obviously, hadn't changed. But did she want to see him? That was different.

For a moment, she contemplated several things. She could just ignore him. But, she knew that he would actually break the door down before simply walking away. And she really didn't want to cause any trouble for Lucas. She could also call security, but that would only complicate things. 'Just talk to him,' her thoughts ushered, and she once again cringed at the sound of a fist pounding on the door.

"Ngh!"
Her chewtle aggressively huffed, beginning to gnaw on the coffee table's leg. Believing that if she opened the door that the turtle might actually attack Mateo, she was quick to usher it off. "I'm sure anorith is lonely, why don't you go play with it?" With it gone, she sucked in a breath before approaching the door. A hand rested on the knob for several moments before she finally pulled it open.

"...Mateo."
There was no smile when she greeted him. No enthusiastic happiness nor her overwhelming warmth she often possessed. Instead, the woman seemed tired, exasperated even. And she seemed to look everywhere else expect towards him, as though he simply weren't there. "Please stop before you break the door." There was a pause. "Why...are you here?"

, i'm calling the police next post

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
jian
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 18:29:47 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
"cause i wanted to see--" no, that wasn't right. he'd pause before continuing, pondering on his next words carefully. "--it's because i had to see you, idjit." after the war, he realized that there was a lot he wanted to say. there was a lot he had to say.

back at the hospital he wasn't able to convey his feelings properly. back then he was going through a lot, his emotions were all jumbled up. but it was no excuse for how he acted. his face held anguish as she finally opened. unable to look her in the eye, the bridge of his nose became a slight tint of red. but he was a man, and men had to do right by there woman. "i don't like the way we left things," and it's pretty sucky for her to not tell him where she was staying.

he was practically feeling like a stalker right now. "we need to have a proper talk, so let me in or i'm coming in!" mateo really hoped he wouldn't have to get forceful with her. "

notes: let me in or i'm gonna find lucas and punch him in his nerdy face.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
jian
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 3:10:36 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
She'd fallen silent, seeming to simply listen to him as green hues finally trace upwards to stare at him. There's no denying that she still feels a certain bitterness towards her longtime friend, perhaps even anger. And its easily seen in the displeasured frown on her face.

Yet, there's no denying that she did miss him. She missed goofing off with him, goading him into stupid situations or ideas, chasing him off with proclamations of love - but, that all seemed so distant now, a past that was lost. Things were...different now, right?

I wish...
She wished things could go back to the way they once were.

His demand was met with a noticeable wince. The last 'talk' they had went incredibly poorly. For a moment, Noelle merely stared at him, trying to decide what it was she wanted to do. "Mateo..." There was another moment of silence before the pink-haired girl let out another sigh. Nothing would change if she just kept on ignoring and running away from the problem. "Don't break anything."

The door opens further as she moves back, inviting him inside the grandiose house and heading towards the living room.

, don't touch shit in this house :huh:
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
jian
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 7:24:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
jian
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 14:40:40 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
entering the nerd's home and noelle's temporary stay. of all the people she could have chosen, she chose to sleep in the same home as the nerd of league. did noelle not have any female friends? her taste in men was becoming really questionable.

hands in his pocket. mateo had half a mind to knock some shit over. but this was neither the time nor the place, but he could if he wanted to. "if that dork comes anywhere near me i'm punchin'em square in the throat." turning to face the pinkette, mateo wore a stern expression. looking down at her, had she always been this short?

he thought to himself why... mateo questioned himself, ...why does it feel like this is the first time i'm actually seeing her? and why did it piss him off so much? was he angry with her or himself? mateo would begin to ruffle his own hair, turning around to scream, "why is this so hard!?"

he'd turn back once more to face her. inhaling slowly and calmly releasing, he'd ask the question, "were you serious...?" mateo said, once more asking, "were you serious about what you said back then...at the hospital?"

notes: things are getting too spicy for the pepper, .

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
jian
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 11:09:51 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"Why would I-" Her voice starts out in a angered yell, but it quickly softens itself into a quiet mutter, easily lost on ignorant ears. There's something defeated in her tone, something hurt. "Why would I lie about that?" Her hands clench into a fist.

'Don't,' her mind begs her emotions, but its impossible to stop them from overflowing.

Fists lightly tremble, teeth dig into her bottom lip. "Of course I was serious, Mateo."

Once she had started speaking though it became difficult for her to stop, as though the floodgates had been opened or a dam torn down. Similar to him, she was frustrated. Confused. Uncertain of the future. Her will had been worn away, stripped bare and left the woman with nothing but a mind full of emotions she couldn't understand.

"I was serious."
She repeats yet again before her expression falls, "And I was...scared. So scared. But you...you just..." Her voice wavers once more, cracking and refusing to fix itself before its lost completely. It's anger that keeps her head raised and her sharp stare fixated onto him. However, its not enough to prevent eyes from becoming glassy in their failing attempt to hold back the sensations that piled within.

"You don't get it. You don't ever get it."
Trembling hands lift to her face, either in a frustrated gesture or to conceal and wipe at her eyes. But all it successfully does is make her chest feel painfully tight as her breaths become hitched in her throat. It hurts. Why does it always hurt when he's around?

"I hate you."
The words that spit from her lips lack any real hostility. They merely sound defeated and frail, perhaps even weak. She finds them much easier to say than trying to understand what it is she wants to say. She's tired of thinking, of trying to understand. This is so much...easier. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."

, she's not kidding. leave.
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
jian
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 16:06:08 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
that was fair.

she had every right to hate him. as she stood and poured her rage into him. he listened, he watched, and he waited. mateo would allow her to continue finding the lost words. he was aware that his presence had been what caused her anguish. but if this was what she needed to heal, then he would allow her to do so.

for once he wouldn't fight back.

as he looked down at the pained expression she donned. cerulean orbs would not allow her to leave his sight—not this time. "i don't think you're a liar, noe. i never thought that for once." hands slowly reached to grab her hands. those held hands were then placed upon his chest. "what i said...i never meant." it wasn't fair for her, "i was more angry at myself, that i let you put yourself in danger and did this to you." gritted fangs shook at the thought of his cowardice, "i was pathetic and weak, but that still is no excuse." he continued to stare at noelle, "you can hate me all you want, but i know you don't mean that."

with all that's happened, its made him realize that he needed noelle. what they created and what they "assumingly" lost, it made him realize a lot. during their time in ultraspace, during their time in recovery, during their time apart, and during their time in war, mateo now knew. "you wouldn't have invited me in if you hated me. you wouldn't have even opened the door to address me if you hated me. you would have told me to leave—right here, right now."

hues became soft as they were affixed upon .

[player]https://www.mboxdrive.com/18.%20Snow%20Melts%20into%20Spring%20-%20Alt%20version%20Fruits%20Basket%20Original%20Soundtrack%20OST%20[Disc%201].mp3[/player]
for awhile my chest was empty, even now it still hurts cause...

of her.

it felt as though his chest was calling out for her heart. it felt so empty yet loud at the same time. "i thought about what my mom and dad would do in this situation, how my dad would react if i told him about all of this..." he'd pause momentarily to let out a slight chuckle, "i think he wouldn't be too happy to learn about my reaction toward it all." to have left her alone to suffer while selfishly tending to his own situation. it wasn't right. "what i did was definitely unforgivable, i'm the 'idjit' this time." his expression remained soft, far from his usual stern look.

"that's why i came here for more than to just apologize," he'd come to remain holding her hand, had she not snatched away. on one knee, this time she would be the one to tower over him. "noelle bellemoore," mateo spoke, this time uttering her whole name, "even as i kneel here trembling legs and bated breath, i wanna do right by you. i owe you that much." he wasn't sure if this was the right time, but would there ever be? "you keep me grounded noe, and i make not always make the best decisions. but i know you know that i'm capable of fixing them, like right now." he could go on and on, but that would only continue to stall the question he wanted to say.

noelle...let me work to make it up to you, will you marry me?

notes: and i oop.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
jian
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 2:30:04 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Hands were pried away from her face and held within the warmth of larger ones, revealing that, despite her callous words, tears streaked down her face.

She wanted to feel anger but it'd died as quickly as it had lived. It'd been culled by the strong beat of his heart upon her palms. She wanted to shout and yell, snarl that he was wrong - demand that he leave. She wanted to stir him into anger and yet another argument. It would've been so much easier than...this. This heart to heart, where everything was laid bare.

"M...Mateo.."
Tear-filled eyes widened, shock visible on her face. Most described the feeling of being proposed to as an unforgettable feeling of immense joy, as though everything in the world was made 'right'. But, this felt more like agony.

Had this been months ago, she would've been over the moon. Had this been in the past, she would've answered him with no regrets. But things were...different now. This wasn't the past anymore. She wasn't that same little girl that'd fallen head over heels for the dragon master, who took every chance to declare her unyielding love. It was time she grew up.

The war, the ultra space journey, when Mateo had been in the hospital - perhaps even before then, she'd began to realize and see more about herself, things that she'd never had noticed before. She wasn't...ready for it, ready for him, nor ready for even herself.

"I...can't."
It was with those breathless words that she acknowledged the future and finally pried herself from the clutches of the past. But, it hurt. God, it hurt.

She didn't let go of that single hand that clutches at her own though. As though afraid that the moment she let go, it'd be gone forever. She's aware and acknowledges that she loves him. She always has. That's never changed, and she was positive it wouldn't. But she needed to focus on herself for what felt like the first time in years.

A faint tremble had fallen over her form, and she can't stop yet another wave of tears beginning to well. Noelle slowly crouches, dropping to her knees in front of Mateo, hand finally releasing his own in favor of enveloping him within an embrace. It seems so frail though, as though the usually intimate gesture can barely hold itself together. Her forehead touches and rests against his shoulder. "Not right now."

"You've always been someone I wanted to reach. I first fell for you because I admired you, you know?"
Her voice was tight with a certain bitter sweetness. "But at some point, I gave up. I thought I could just exist within you and everyone else's shadow, that I could ignore it all." Her head gently shook.

"I love you."
She's said these three words to him multiple times in the past before, far too many times. But it was the first time she'd said them in a manner that suggest she's actually seeing him, even if sorrow dripped from them. She wanted - no, needed him to know this, at the very least.

"But there's...things I need to do still."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
jian
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 3:33:02 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
and there you have it. considering he was the one to have been the reason for this situation, he understood the rejection. mateo slowly stood up. his head risen high toward the ceiling above. with a deep inhale, he'd casually say, "woo! glad that's out of my system."

the dragon wielder began to wind up his arm. fixing his stiffened shoulder. "can't blame a guy for trying," mateo said. though he hid his true feeling behind zen-filled words. he'd come to walk past, hiding his face as he'd place the hood of his coat over his head. he'd pat the pinkette's head, saying, "you take all the time that you need, noelle." it was probably they stay apart for now. it was clear that there was a lot they needed to sort out with this space.

for not only their hearts, but themselves.

"don't get my response wrong, it hurts like hell to be rejected." mateo would let out a haughty laughter, "at least i finally know how you've felt all those times. anyway," mateo would look back over his shoulder, his gaze hidden, "the next time you see me i'll be a man worth marrying. just promise me you won't fall in love with that nerd or i might show up to the wedding to punch him in the throat..." he was willing to go to jail for it.

notes: i can't believe you rejected him. gonna go cry to kyle about this.