awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 2:58:37 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 they'll never recover all the bodies. the path leading toward the city is a mass grave; the dead are swallowed by corrosive waters and trampled into the mud.

dominic eyes the names etched on the monument impassively - he knows the list is incomplete. some names will be lost here, too. and that's good, that's why they're here; to recover any identifying traces of their number, to erase rocket's presence entirely.

the league erected a monument already, but the smell of blood and rot is still heavy in the mauville foothills as they approach the marker. dominic's lip curls in disgust and he nudges the shell of a cracked pokeball capsule with the toe of his boot - whatever was once inside must be dead now - but he proceeds forward in silence, regarding marcel out of the corner of his eye.

for once, dominic finds that he has nothing to say.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 10:58:28 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]
re: memorial maintenance‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","body"]the blood-rust scent would not wash for a while; even the earth will find this hard to forget. as they walk across ground full and feasted with the dead, marcel ignores the prickling behind his eyes.
[break][break]
in their moment's silence, his gaze traces the names, and settles on one.
[break][break]
"we shouldn't be here."

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 13:07:27 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the void resting behind dominic's ribcage yawns at marcel's somber expression. he is unsurprised to find himself apathetic; the feeling is a numb ache that spreads through to his fingertips - whatever kanto had injected into his veins is missing here.

he breathes out slowly, a rattling exhaled sigh. "we'll comb through the area and leave." dominic moves as though to continue forward but instead inclines his head to face marcel.

"could be quicker if you just wait for me here." his tone, impassive and distant, belies the only kindness he can extend.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 17:36:56 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel's gaze shifts, his expression has calmed into something more distant.
[break][break]
"it won't be," he says, as he peels away from the memorial. a sigh catches in his chest. "don't worry dominic, i know how to do my job."
[break][break]
to prove his point, he takes the first step forward.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 2:08:04 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic’s eyes narrow and he parts his lips, though the accusation on the tip of his tongue left unvoiced. marcel knows how to do his job - but he does it with such resentment, as though lead weights are attached to every limb.

"sure," dominic says instead, arching a doubtful eyebrow as he reaches into a pocket to withdraw a pair of gloves which he summarily pulls on.

"that fucking dead druddigon shouldn’t be too hard to find." the underboss’s voice is tight - they shouldn’t be the ones having to dig through corpses to recover someone else’s mistake and yet apparently there’s no one else qualified.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 18:43:07 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]the objective was distraction enough. it's easy to ignore the bodies when they're looking for something else. marcel's confidence does not last long; he soon falls into step with dominic.
[break][break]
"i think it was by the water."
[break][break]
reluctantly, he branches off towards the shore.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 1:02:08 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 as they pass the dead, one thought crystallises with a newfound clarity; isn't this loss of life the better of the available options? to burn out in a blaze seen across the region rather than to live out lives in monotonous drudgery?

and at least the hoennians get a wall to remember those they've lost.

"you have good recollection," dominic says instead, his scrutinising glance toward marcel near lost in the gloom. he hesitates before speaking again, contemplative this time. "how well do you remember the whole thing?"

dominic glances follows marcel down the grassy bank, wrinkling his nose at the noxious smell of the tainted water. corpses of what appear to be pokemon litter the disturbed sand. dominic narrows his eyes and tries to pick out navy scales and red spines among the heaps.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 2:57:19 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel had spent the days following the war retracing his steps—when it wasn't work, it was his own morbid fascination. this is the closest to silence he'd get for a while.
[break][break]
"well enough." his answer is, as always, indifferent.
[break][break]
"why?" he begins to approach a charred wing sticking out the water. "was there something you wanted to know?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 4:51:40 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "nah," dominic says, shoulder raised in a half-hearted shrug.

he circles around the decaying pokemon to study it further but his gaze lingers on marcel for a moment. "it's better to remember; means you're not trying to bury yourself."

satisfied that they were looking at the corpse of the royal ambassador's druddigon, dominic flicks his wrist to release a scolipede and houndoom. the former raises itself to its full height and follows its trainer's gesture to the corpse, prepared to drench it in a flammable acid while the latter will follow up with the ignition.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 13:03:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]it's the first time dominic's given him advice that's even bordered on profound; it takes him a moment to realise this, after the words themselves.
[break][break]
he keeps his eyes on the underboss, so he doesn't have to turn to the misshapen beast. as the shadow pokemon sets alight it occurs to marcel that some things deserved to be forgotten.
[break][break]
"yeah." his reply comes automatic, before he can decide on his own agreement. marcel would find, later that night, that his answer would always be just out of reach. "i guess so."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dressed in dust
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 0:14:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: