twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
sleepless in lilycove [s]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2020 22:21:46 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
"my name is zeke rainey, i work with mr. silph." the woman downstairs finds herself feeling protective of her boss's time today, halting zeke in his tracks. it is unbeknownst to her that he is on edge enough as it is -- behind her desk, the stone-faced man's foot taps anxiously. had it really been two years? the two had been in contact here and there, but there was no opportunity for work in sinnoh; at least, not that zeke was aware of. whether that was due to true disinterest in the affairs of sinnoh by fernando, or if that was to spare zeke from the added work, he couldn't say.

"alright mr. rainey, i see you here on a list of contacts from a few years back...take the elevator up and-" his preemptive nod signaling his familiarity with the building is enough to shut her up, leaving her to go back to playing minesweeper and him to go back to his...life, as it would seem these days.

the elevator moves swiftly, its hum present but by no means pervasive. the air in the elevator is his alone, and above the hum of the elevator, zeke can hear his foot tapping once again. he did not miss this strange insecurity and unfounded feeling of ineptitude when around silph -- of course, he cannot point to a moment in which he had proven that aptness yet, either. and so his foot taps. 

the doors open and the office is in front of him; the sight transports him to the past and the nervous feelings melt away, pooling in the elevator before zeke steps out and lets it wait in there for the next rider.

a knock, and then another. he pushes the glass door open, and suddenly there is nothing left between the two of them besides a few chairs and a desk.

"Mr. Silph." the only two words he produces are coy, and the corner of his lip curls ever-so-slightly. Hello.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 0:37:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Let him in."

Zeke Rainey.

Fernando can barely remember the sparse Hoenn officer from two years ago. By now, the name is no more than a misplaced memory, clouded with the never-ending cycle of faces that come in and out of Hoenn's affairs. Fernando's own accord has expanded significantly by then, becoming a faucet of everyday life as both his company and image grow to uncontrollable proportions.

Before, Fernando had been no more than a celebrity known for fleeing a war torn region. Now, Zeke comes back to a land that treats him as one of their own, shadowed in their own doubt but accepting his place in their eco-system. Two men, both from Kanto, now stand before each other, one saturated in the name of their new home, the other a bygone artifact no more relevant than the walls of the ruins that cursed him.

"Welcome back, Mister Rainey."

The years have not been kind to Fernando. He lacks the same divisive cut to his jawline that made his personality bleed into his image. Still intimidating, his new appearance reeks of corporate manufacturing, a stylized, slick-back hair cut, primed onto a face held down by the gravity of his sleepless nights. There is a gruffness that replaces the eager cunningness that looks to undercut each and all interactions, one laced with responsibility and being the protector rather than the opportunist.

The Silph he faces now is all style with no substance.

But all that melts away when his voice still rings true.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

They both know why he's here but it's different to hear him say it.

Say it.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 17:11:27 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
they're in the same room, occupying the same space, same air...and yet more than the 15 feet standing between them separates these men in this moment. a moment of clarity washes over zeke as he takes in the vision of a man before him, who represents the highest of powers and influence in the region.

they were never the same...alike, in ways, maybe, but now? zeke is a bumpkin before a magnate, an escapee in front of a warrior. He is the sore thumb, the elephant in the room, and all else leaves him but a lingering sense of intense shame.

if he had time to think in this moment, zeke rainey might ask himself if the stark differences between them is because one of them was allowed to heal and the other one wasn't. he'd know the answer, too.

but, instead, his mouth creaks open, his eyes fixate upon silph's, and a puff of air slips out of his throat. "it's nice to see you..." his hand balls up and covers his mouth, eyes dodging to the ground, composure slipping away into the ether before them, practically being sucked up by silph as it likely always does with everyone. the scene playing out before fernando might be comical if it wasn't so pathetic.

all he can do is sigh. it all falls away. "i thought i'd have a lot more to say here but i guess it can be cut down to a few sentences...i want to work for you. again. i couldn't sit around and sulk any longer while the world quite literally implodes, and you had my back 2 years ago. you make shit happen." there's a lack of ambient activity that accentuates the simplicity and boldness of the moment as it transpires in real time. a pause in his plea introduces deafening silence for a moment.

"i want to help you make shit happen."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 11:52:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Watching a man crumble before him does not bring him any pleasure. The ruin of someone who he once held in high regards is nothing more than a stark reminder on why he can never falter. Peace times sully those chiseled by conflict and combat. An unwillingness to keep up erode at muscles born of hardship, encapsulating into the pathetic display before him.

What a waste.

You’re a bit late, Mister Rainey.” Fernando does not mince words. He maintains the placated expression stone walled into monotone. It makes him harder to read and over time that has proven unnerving. There are some games he still likes to partake in, watching someone cornered into embracing their true self never gets old.

The war is over and peace will come once more. For how long? Anyone’s guess. There’s nothing left to do but recovery, and you’ve have plenty of that, no?

For once, his smile does not betray his intentions. He says this with Zeke’s interest at heart. “If you want to avoid misery, go back, Rainey. Hoenn is nothing but trouble.

I should know.

And for that exact reason, he also knows that Zeke will be unable to resist. Maybe he’ll break, maybe he’ll need another respite, but at the end of the day, both men find themselves unable to free themselves from the bondage of a land under strife.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 1:17:13 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","zeke"]h feels scolded in this moment as it transpires -- but then, what did he expect to feel? it was his own weakness that directly impacted the lives of others, no matter how small. zeke's own weakness lies out for all to see, but fernando's chips and cracks are by no means invisible.

the war is over and peace will come once more.

buzzing fills his ears, unexpectedly, as if this is news to him. he feels his masseter muscles clench involuntarily, a puff of air escaping from his nares, lips curling into something between a grimace and a smirk. "mr. silph, i don't think either of us believe peace is on its way. he shakes his head and wills himself to take a step forward, as if escaping the confines of a pool of quick sand. it is liberating.

"you and i have seen this all before. we can't go home because we've lived this story once before. he refers to kanto, which fell to a rocket entity after it was supposedly beaten down years before. "these people are like fucking roaches. you think they're dead, and they crawl back out in the night with friends. and not that it matters," after all, he knows a rejection when he sees one, but finds himself with nothing left to lose in this conversation

"but recovering from something you know isn't over isn't really recovery." the words from silph felt sharp against his ear, but zeke finds himself more composed now than he was when he walked into the room.

he sighs, and his voice resets in a way that makes "but certainly you know more about all this than i do...so i apologize for even creating this imposition, it was unprofessional."

[newclass=.zeke]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zeke b]color: #f09331[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 19:17:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Looks like there's still some fight in the dog. That alone is enough to make Fernando lips uncurl into a tight-lipped neutral. "Peace will come—" his hand is brandished forward, a sweeping gesture as if he can wisp away their discussion at his whim, "—because I will make sure that it does."

In the face of adversity, Fernando triumphs over all. As long as he can throw his persistence at a consistent problem eventually he will make headway until it cracks under the pressure. Team Rocket, the Ultra Beast, anything that encroaches onto Hoenn and lasts for more than a fortnight will find its end underneath his puppeteering fingers. Once upon a time, it would've been Zeke strung along his strings.

Once upon a time.

"Hoenn is my home and I treat it as such. I advise you to do the same with wherever you found peace."

Fernando disregards the man's points as nothing more than spiteful contention. Zeke's right, of course, but that's a separate issue altogether. It's one that requires a more nuanced and drawn out solution. It's one that requires Team Rocket to slowly rise once more in order for his plans to blossom into fruition.

But, there is a fight in the man and Fernando can admire what he sees in the battered and bruised.

"..."

He chuckles, mirth leaking through the way the air expunges itself from his throat.

"Then, Mister Rainey, how shall we recover? What do you think I can do to fix an issue that hasn't presented itself?"