noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
intacte [ open except spiral ]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:03:41 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

for the most part, slateport is nothing but an abandoned city left to rot and disappear. with buildings destroyed and history erased, there looks to be not much hope left for the city. but some monuments still remain, unwilling to be made into nothing but dust and memories.

the lighthouse is one of them. it stands strong, firm, untouched by the violence and the thralls that he enacted upon the city. perhaps, for a reason.

he stands at the top of the lighthouse peering out at the vast sea as he watches the waves roll, the buoys bounce, wondering, pondering on his next plan of action because while slateport is theirs, it's not enough. it'll never be enough.

but, he hears a creak behind him from the wooden stairs that lead up to him. he turns without an ounce of fear in him because no one poses a threat to him. no one.

"who's there?" 

@open! hehe ^-^
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:28:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Just a quick peek, somewhere lonesome. He was not one to skulk around and have hypothetical dick measuring contests with the others who were still hanging around Slateport. Just a little look, from the top of the lighthouse, to see what destruction had been brought to this place.

From the ground Chu-e was one of the vultures picking the city's carcass. Soon there would be nothing left and the wake would need to move on. The thought excited him. Where would they land next? Mauville with it's shining glory? Lilycove? The rural areas?

The step creaked when he reached the top. A shiver ran down his spine and he stopped, unsure, staring at the other man who was there. Fists tighened as chests ached. Chu-e did not know fear, not anymore, but he did know when to be careful.

"... I can leave." Chu-e did not want to leave, he wanted to stay, just not the glimpse he could see on the horizon of the broken down city beautiful. As big a game as he spoke, though, he knew when to keep his head down. There were times to snap and slather like an animal and there were times to be submissive. This was one of those times.

sweats i hope this is okay

i'm gunna assume that chu-e knows who his boss is but if you dont want silas to be recognized i made it kind of vague
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:44:22 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

it's not a face he recognizes so his defenses remain up, guarding him from the possibility of an ambush. "you should," is his first response because that's the default he turns to: isolation. but something about the kid intrigues him because he stands there not frightened, but guarded, just like silas is.

"it's fine." 

he takes a single step to the side, allowing the kid to join him if he so wishes. his eyes never once leave the kid because doing so would be a mistake. his guards remain up; defenses at the ready to retaliate at any given moment.

"your name." 

to put to a face.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 4:36:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Thanks."

A deep breath, his hands hang limp at his sides, Chu-e moves the last few steps needed and crosses to stare out over the teetered buildings, dark and cracked on the horizon. In so little times it already looks like the ruins of civilization. The effect is only ruined by the occasional flash of light, a fire or flashlight twinkling enough to catch the eye and nothing more.

Chu-e hums and tries to put all his porcupine quills back in his box for now, a rough task, as to not prickle at the other man next to him, not put himself in danger. The raw wound in his heart that drips pus and what's left of his Before quivers at the helplessness. It's a nice feeling to have, sometimes. When you are so completely dominated just by a breath there is no reason to have walls up.

"Chu-e." He takes a deep breath, almost wistful, grabs the railing in an iron tight grip and he does not look at Silas, but at the horizon, at the city. "It's beautiful."

Cheeks pink and eyes crinkle as if looking at a precious childhood photo, fond. It falls, empty, just as quick as it came.

"It's not enough yet."

;w;
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 2:14:40 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

the disconnect between silas and his underlings has never been more evident. the boy that stands in front of him is a beast but he doesn't recognize him. he's learned to keep people at an arm's length, to separate himself so when the time comes he will not hesitate to slice them down.

he knows he holds a double-edged sword but he still chooses to wield it.

"what is?" it takes him a second to realize what the kid's talking about but when he does, he follows his gaze and looks out at the city. he's dumbfounded. "it's destroyed and in ruins. what's the beauty in that?"

it's not enough.

similar words have been said by him before. he doesn't have to nod his agreement.

"define enough."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 2:43:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chu-e does not hold it against Silas for not knowing him. He isn't really sure they've ever had a chance to just talk like this beyond orders or missions. Chu-e has always been too in love with the idea of his own solitude to hang around to give the other the chance, if he so desired it. Then after the last stand in Kanto he had went into something like hiding since most of useful pokemon died.

"I didn't blow up Pewter just because it gets me off." Is what Chu-e replies, a soft laugh leaving him at his cryptic quip. He leans on the railing now, crosses his legs as if this is casual. He was never one for the politics some of the higher ranking members try to participate in. Silas can like him or he won't- it's as simple as that. Chu-e will be loyal regardless. He wants Silas to win and that is more than enough for him to give the man mind, body, soul and anything else he could desire from him.

"The whole region needs to be like this. Then the next, and then all of them. That's enough." Clicking his tongue, glances back at the other man. "Shame I couldn't be here to help-" He makes a vague gesture out at the city. "-this. I won't let you down next time."

;w;
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 2:59:29 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

silas doesn't like him; it's as simple as that. but, he doesn't like anyone, so chu-e should not be discouraged by that fact.

"was that you?" he remembers pewter. he remembers them all. the man clicks his tongue and for whatever reason, the sound hits him the wrong way. his brows furrow, frustrated, and it shows on his face.

he doesn't break his gaze. "you wouldn't have made a difference." his words are blunt but true. slateport's fate was predetermined; what wasn't were the failures.

"where were you?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 4:08:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chu-e gives a quick nod. "Yeah. Moral was riding too high after they took back Cinnabar for that little while." He tilts his head, trying to appear friendly. He doesn't know why Silas is frustrated but... would it really matter? He didn't have the answers to make him feel better. May as well just gloss over it for now.

"Probably not. I got fucked in the final push. All my good pokemon died and some cunt got in a good enough hit to break a few bones. Had a few loose ends that needed snipping. The typical excuses for being late." He waves it off. There isn't any changing what happened. Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda's are stupid to hang yourself on. May as well just accept whatever lumps he gets for it if Silas thinks he deserves any.

"I've been treated like a Grunt since arriving. I've missed out. Anything you want me to know?"

;w;
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2018 14:54:48 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

dislike continues to grow as it looks to fester into something virulent. it's the indifference in the kid's voice: it strikes him as someone who's arrogant, uncaring, and sloppy; all traits that lead to distrust. it's only his first time meeting with the kid but he knows it won't be his last: he'll need to keep a close eye on him.

chu-e is on thin ice.

"anything i want you to know you already should know. the fact that you have to ask is concerning." 

strike one.

"treated like a grunt but maybe that's where you belong." 

strike two.

he takes a step back, separating. he almost turns. "i won't tolerate incompetence." his voice threatens. "you can leave now."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2018 22:02:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A soft sigh leaves Chu-e. He knew this was coming, one way or another, but that didn't make it nice to hear. Silas had hit the nail on the head with observations, too. "I've disappointed you, boss." Was what Chu-e started with, almost sounding mournful over it. "I won't let you down again."

Chu-e bowed his head to the other slightly. He liked to toe the line when he could get away with it but he wasn't stupid. From Silas' tone he was one fuck up away from being pushed off the top of the lighthouse. Or maybe something else, since Silas probably had classier ideas that Chu-e tended to have about things. Ideas that didn't leave as many messes to be cleaned up.

"I'm following a lead right now. I'll get in contact if it pans out." But Chu-e didn't want to say for sure what he was chasing if it ended up leading to nothing. No reason to jinx it. With that, he finally turned and started to make his way down the lighthouse again. He had some things to think about and some things to do if he wanted to be in the graces enough to lick Silas' boots again.

exit thread for my boy? c:

ty for rping with me noodles! your writing is so nice to read and flows really well. if you ever want to thread again just hmu! <3
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 16:23:42 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

disappointment is expected nowadays so to hear it from chu-e is not surprising. it doesn't make it any less frustrating, however.

"you won't." because if he does, then he'll die. they both know as much.

the slight bow that chu-e makes doesn't go unregistered; he's far too observant to let anything slip by. the kid understands the situation well enough to know when to show respect; he dances the line almost too well, and that's a quality that silas can admire.

"until you have something good to say, i don't want to hear from you again." 

he watches chu-e leave.

ty for joining the thread in the first place, yams! i enjoyed it and i'm super sorry about silas; just know that any mean comments is totally ic and it's just how he'd react! ♥