awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 6:07:21 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
it won't be the first time persephone has ventured into shoal cave's depths, and for once, it affords her a rare privilege in that she won't be reliant on someone else to hold her hand through it.

the cave system is a familiar one. the twisting labyrinthine tunnels are one thing, but the fickle tides and their ability to restructure each room into an entirely different cavern is a dangerous additional element that she has spent an absurdly long amount of time researching.

the issue is, of course, that there is a limited time frame for anyone venturing inside to reach the depths and return before the tide sets in. but with her present company, persephone doubts the issue would arise. they've been through worse.

at the entrance of the cavern, the water is calf-deep and the smell of seaweed is overwhelming. persephone pauses to let her eyes adjust and roll up the legs of her pants.

"can you swim?" she jokes weakly.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 9:39:20 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

RUN FOR COVER. RUN WHILE YOU CAN, BABY. DON'T LOOK BACK. YOU GOTTA RUN FOR COVER. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE FEAR, THAT'S A PLAYED OUT TRACK, MAN. YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE. AND DON'T LOOK BACK, JUST RUN FOR COVER.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Bailey forgot her flashlight.[break][break]

The Officer let the Darmanitan by her side light the way; his large hand caressing a small flame that flickered as if it were emitted from a pilot light. It helped to illuminate the passage as she found herself following after Persephone. She kept her hands tucked into her pockets, fingers brushing against the fur lining, to seek warmth from the chill in the air. Shoal Cave left the taste of salt on her tongue.[break][break]

“I dunno. Looks a little deep to me,” she returned the jest and spared the faintest hint of a smile. “Do you believe in God, Persephone?” A callback. There is a wet slosh as Bailey took her first step into the water, shuddering at the cold.[break][break]

She zipped up her jacket, trying to keep the core of her body warm as she felt the water ooze into her boots and soak her socks; it was a miserable feeling.[break][break]

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 18:32:41 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
persephone turns to her companion with a flash of a grin. she still remembers lucien's dramatic drop into the water below as sharply as she remembers her own panicked awe. they have no lanturn to guide them through the dark as he did, but bailey's darmanitan, her chandelure, and somehow the same torch that she retained from the ruins would have to do.

the eerily unnatural purple hues the chandelure cast from her little arms is hardly conducive to a reassuring environment, but at least it still illuminates the better part of the cavern, albeit in shades of violet, ice glimmering like amethyst.

at persephone's direction, a small nod of her head, the pokemon conjures a series of will-o-wisps that float slowly ahead of them, bobbing against what seemed to feel like a small breeze emanating from somewhere in the depths of the cave.

"a good a place as any to expect the ice titan?" she suggests, matching bailey's light tone. is it okay to joke? maybe it never will be.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 23:58:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

RUN FOR COVER. RUN WHILE YOU CAN, BABY. DON'T LOOK BACK. YOU GOTTA RUN FOR COVER. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE FEAR, THAT'S A PLAYED OUT TRACK, MAN. YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE. AND DON'T LOOK BACK, JUST RUN FOR COVER.

The jokes eased the unfamiliarity that still hung between them.[break][break]

The officer and the historian felt like they were on different wavelengths–different lives that shaped them in ways that felt completely polar from one another. As she watched the white-haired woman proceed, Bailey can only wonder why Persephone seemed older than she was. There was only a year gap between the two of them; she was supposed to be the older one. Did it feel that way? Absolutely not.[break][break]

But, then again, she never did act her age.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper watched the small flames as they descended into the dark, lighting the way like distant Volbeats. “Sure,” and she waded through the waters. Her Darmanitan shuddered as he trailed after them; with his wide shape, there was no worry of something striking them from behind. He could deal with it.[break][break]

“It went so well the first time,” for her. It was not the same for the others. Her tone tried to convey that disparity with its infliction... but the Officer does not dread the possibility. Another Legendary to battle? Why not?[break][break]

She was here for the battling; it was what she was good at. In every other aspect of life where Bailey Cooper lacked, she compensated with her pokemon.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 17:31:46 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
persephone ponders, letting bailey's words wash over her and bleed into silence. they are the lucky ones; two of the only ones to not lose anything. the thought that maybe that's why they could joke strikes her, but is pushed aside. she could well be detached, perhaps austere, but bailey isn't, and someone close to her suffered. persephone knows that much.

maybe if there is a titan, maybe if it kills just the two of them, here in the cave mere yards away from mossdeep; it'll be due to some great and invisible karmic hand rolling a die and landing a one.

the path widens and persephone halts momentarily to match her companion's speed, grinning.

"next time it won't stand a chance. your kommo-o and my lucario could take it out together, i think." like something out of a saturday morning children's cartoon.

inexplicably, she remembers the dragon-types name - kapow - with a bizarre clarity. the strangeness of it hits her sometimes; she can't remember the boy being pinned to the ceiling by the stones like a premature martyr, but she can remember the nicknames of pokemon belonging to trainers she hadn't met.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 7:32:47 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“If worse comes to worse, we can just use Extreme Speed,” Bailey could still feel the road rash from that incident, but it had done a damn good job of helping both of them clear that chasm.[break][break]

The widening of the passage was appreciated. It made the space they occupied feel less claustrophobic; the purple sheen that glittered on the walls made this place feel mythical. It matched their conversation about legendaries. If one were to appear at the end of this passage, the officer wouldn't have been surprised.[break][break]

She tucked her hands into her jacket, figuring it was not going to happen. “Just gotta watch out for those hyper beams.” That had been the one moment that stood out to her; the one time she had felt a moment of fear. It had been awesome and terrifying. It was still hard to comprehend that raw power.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 17:29:28 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
"can extreme speed out-pace a hyper beam?" full of an insatiable curiosity that she never did grow out of, this is one rhetorical question persephone truly did not want to find the answer to.

the topic weighs heavily enough on her mind that persephone's awareness of her surroundings melted away into the darkness. a momentarily lapse of attention is all it takes for her to step awkwardly on a patch of icy ground. persephone recovers quickly enough, supporting herself with the cave wall, and while she's not hurt her pride is injured anyway.

"huh, look at that. the water on the ground is getting all frozen so i guess we're nearing the depths." a self-evident observation, but it's all she can do to recover from her near-fall and pretend it didn't happen.

the notable lack of wild pokemon is disconcerting, but she decides to not voice her concerns lest it come off overly paranoid.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 5:32:54 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

The miry clutched to her clothes, rising up through the fabric, drawing the moisture like a sponge. It made Bailey shudder–a reaction that occurred at the same moment Persephone questioned the speed of a Hyper Beam.[break][break]

“I mean. It's light. Light is pretty freakin' fast,” Bailey Cooper, the scholar. What an astute observation. The officer frowned to herself as she stepped closer to Bumbo, letting his heat radiate across her shoulders. With time, the water waned. With time, Bailey found herself standing on the same slick surface as Persephone.[break][break]

The Officer braced a hand to her fire-type, letting his weight act as her anchor with each step. His weight cracked the ice, but failed to break the surface. “You alright?” Was her first question when she watched her light-haired companion nearly slip. “We're gonna have to slow down,” but that did not phase her. The water had already impeded their progress.[break][break]

The cavern seemed to expand, allowing for more space. To Bailey's untrained eye, it almost seemed as if the passage was coming to an end–that something would await them if they kept following the path that stretched before them.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 8:04:32 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
light is pretty freakin' fast. an innocuous statement that nonetheless induces memories to surface unwillingly; the flash of bright brilliant white, the thunderous crashing all around them as the cavern threatens to collapse.

persephone sets her jaw but tries not to put the thought to one side. they have more pressing matters — she can see the light from her chandelure distort as the shape of the tunnel begins to shift again. the path seems to fluidly open up to a greater cavern, icy walls smooth and belying the fact age of the place.

"i think we must be reaching the end," she says slowly, voice tense and toeing the line between nervous anticipation and excitement.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 8:28:33 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

She stared at the sight that awaited them, squinting in the low light to try and discern any notable features. “Finally, felt like we were trapped down here for months,” and the Officer shared in Persephone's excitement, letting it manifest as a cocky smirk as her hand sought her belt. Her fingers graced her belt, pondering if it would be overkill to let Kapow accompany Bumbo into the atrium-like space that awaited them.[break][break]

“So. My money is on Reggie... uh, what's it called...” she snapped her fingers repeatedly, “Reggie Ice?” Yeah, close enough. “If it's that thing, I call dibs. You got the last shot last time. My turn.”[break][break]

The jokes alleviated the sense of trepidation as they moved forward, coming into this dark and undefined space.[break][break]

Kapow was allowed to occupy the space next to her; Darmanitan on her left and Kommo-o on her right. Her pokemon were prepared, standing with their trainer as they awaited a fight... and the Officer could only share in their anticipation as her cold hands were tucked into her jacket.[break][break]

end of mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
salt water [ m/gg ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 4:38:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BRUMAL BOUNTY

[attr="class","ipad"]
THE TWO DISCOVER...[break][break]

[break][break]

there is no reggle ice here. what the fuck bailey. thankfully, their anticipation is rewarded with forgotten goods. this place might've been used as a makeshift warehouse of sorts, but something or someone has driven off the proprietors. perhaps, this haul had slipped their mind or minds? in any case, it's all theirs for the taking![break][break]

NOTES[break]
also, +5 infamy / if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy![break][break]
+

[googlefont=Montserrat]