take a sip [closed]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 9:00:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

When one had troubles the best place to be was at a bar.

That was terrible life advice but Chu-e ascribed to it. A lot of his life's problems had been solved in bars and those that hadn't had been forgotten in short order. It seemed like a pretty good trade off to him.

He didn't drink often, he was too paranoid for that, but this nice little place had caught his eye while scouting and he was feeling antsy. It was pretty dead inside right now, thank god, given the time of day. It was barely past noon and only the real hardcore drunks would be out right now. The ones present were sitting in corners as if they still had some shame in them.

Chu-e rarely had shame so he flounced right up to the bar and sat down on one of the seats. He was the only one up here, looked like. Taking his sunglasses and cap off, he spat a wad of gum into a napkin to ball up and throw away later. Right now he wanted some service.

a nerd walks into a bar

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 0:14:43 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

it was not particularly busy.

given the time of the day, scattered regrets crossed through the cozy bar with stories he could not foresee. 

alex, who found a special taste for what his customers were afflicted with, was never a mind reader for the situation that had caused it. the tiredness in their eyes, the silence which devoured them whole. 

he had hoped the sour impact was an awakening. 
then again, even drunken ramble could've proved a humiliating reminder for the one that could not recall.

light flooded momentarily into the dim surroundings, accompanied by the soft toll of the bell. a twinkle in the reticent music that hovered above. 

keeping himself busy with cleaning dishes faded swiftly into the presence of a new face. at least, unlike all the other regulars, this was one he had not yet seen. alex smiled, a genuine expression of excitement to greet a newcomer into his establishment. 

"hello," he started, "what would you like?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 2:11:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"One Cinnabar Iced Tea with an extra shot of rum. I have some shit I need to percolate on." Chu-e answered. He then tilted his head as if thinking about something. "If you have onion rings I want an order of those, too."

Then he leaned forward, face in his hands and elbows on the bar, frowning at nothing in particular. Chu-e wasn't usually the chatty or polite sort but he was in enemy territory right now. Had to play the part of a dumb tourist or trainer and keep his ducks in a row.

"You got a name, barkeep? When I get that booze in me I'll probably get up in my feelings and start crying on you. I like to know the name of the men who have to take care of me."

a nerd walks into a bar

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 7:44:55 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

"sounds good," alex responds, immediate in his departure, turning opposite to take hold of the nearest shelved bottle. whence he shifts to face the other, fumbling with the element of flavor, blue passes over an additional urgency with a still bound smile.

beneath the obscurity of the kitchen it is as stilling as their current surroundings. he finds no worth in the feeling of worry, thankfully he can handle himself in the scarce approach of busy times. 

returning with both drink, and a batch of savory onion rings, he places it on the counter before his customer. lips part, instinctive to ask if anything else was required in his service as a barkeeper, yet he stops at the query. 

"alex," hesitant at such an idea, he continues, "you can call me alex." with whatever it was, he was kept occupied with cleaning. feigning an additional wipe upon the counters, sorting out glasses and other things. 

"has it not been a good day for you?" 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 18:12:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chu-e hums and takes his basket, shakes out the ketchup packets to cover his meal in. Never trust someone who drizzles their ketchup all over instead of sitting it on the side has been said before. It's true in this case.

"Nah," He starts, feeling oddly open here, weirdly free, just strange in general. There's a lightness in his chest that Chu-e hasn't felt in years. "I'm just fucked up in general. Today's been kind of piss boring, really." He sips his drink before crunching on a bite of food, sighing in delight at eating something warm for once.

"Chu-e, Alex. You're legally obligated to listen to my bullshit since you're the barkeep, yeah?" A joke, a bad one, and he seems serious, so maybe it doesn't play out like he wants. "You know jack or shit about romance? I don't. Why I needed a drink."

c:

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 21:47:46 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

"ah," alex says, or more--so strums in a noise of understanding. love isn't exactly his forte either, though, he has heard enough in drunken rambles that it is different for everyone. or rather, how one deals with such feelings is peculiar in their own regard. 

"yes, i guess that is so," still he smiles, nevertheless if this self--hating individual stays bound by whatever thoughts hold him hostage. it is not an expression of hilarity in chue-e's words, after all. "unfortunately, i don't know much about it either." a sigh follows after his words, barely perceived by its shallow resound.

"why?" alex pauses, seeming curious, yet careful with his words, "you think you like someone?" watchful of the other that is seemingly enjoying his ketchup lathered food, he hopes the curiosity has not intruded what comfort this place was meant to offer.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2018 16:53:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I think I do, which is the problem." Chu-e took a longer sip of his drink this time, scowling at nothing in particular as he thought about how to articulate himself. On the one hand, it was better to keep things to himself. On the other... who cared if a random barkeep knew some shit about him? There wasn't a very high chance they would see each other again; even less that he would recognize him for who he was and what he'd done. Even if he did somehow do that, what the hell would the League do knowing he had some vague fucked up issues? They weren't the kind you could really exploit.

"I'm kind of an unlovable shitshow. Like.... I know I'm cute at best and I don't bring much to the table unless you want me to be mean to you. Why would someone be interested in all this?" He vaguely motioned to himself. "And, like, this isn't some 'oh, he'll never love me!' nonsense. I've got the guy hook, line, sinker but.... why? I fucking hate myself so where does he get off on liking me?"

Chu-e huffed. He was sounding more frustrated about this than he actually was. He really, really hated himself. Insecurity ate him up on the inside till he was full of holes so he filled them with the blood and viscera of others to feel whole again. Affection was something foreign.

c:

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2018 10:24:28 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

still standing, he leans against the opposing ledge. where his arms fold nonchalantly and his smile is as scarce as a whisper in their world. poised by a drifting chatter and a repetitive twinkle from the keys of a piano, alex thinks over those words. swearing in the light amusement, that such a phrase had been said before.

"well," in his pause, lashes flutter downward, concealing the wicked blue, "that isn't a question i can answer, but," he moves from the support, fiddling with something else, "i think, you should love yourself a little more, chu-e. i'm sure you aren't as bad as you make yourself out to be." a measly candy is placed on the counter, in a shimmering red cover. 

a fragment of thanks given at the end of a meal. 

"why don't you ask him?" alex suggests, absorbed in  these hindrances which conflict the other. "i'm sure it would make you feel better." answers were better than anything, and in spite of some not being a relief. the weight of not knowing, was a constant murder to the heart itself. not all hurt, lasted forever. 

at least, that was what he believed.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
take a sip [closed]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 6:14:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Ah, I dunno." Chu-e gets another sip of his drink, sighs and pushes it away. Just the dredges of the drink left, anyway, watered down by melting ice. It tingles under his skin and there is the temptation to ask for another but he knows better. It's usually better to be on your best game and drunk doesn't offer that, for all of his earlier big talk.

"You're pretty confident for someone who doesn't know me that well. I could be, like... a serial killer or something fucked up like that." Which... he was. Chu-e was a murderer and unrepentant about it. But he just hummed, smiled to himself and the other as if they were sharing a joke. Normal people liked to think they could never rub elbows with someone like him, after all, somewhere like this.

"I don't know. I guess that's kind of scary." Best to move on. So Chu-e answered Alex's next question instead. He poked at one of his napkins, glancing down, a sudden bit an apprehension over him. This felt the most like sharing a secret, some hidden part of himself, a grain of who he really was. "What if he likes me for all the reasons I hate myself for? Or all the wrong reasons? I think that would just mess me up worse."

c: