the winter special episode [gg]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 21:30:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Flashlight, band aids, some tissues... was this everything she needed? Camryn wasn't sure. She had never been spelunking in a cave before! But this seemed like something fun to do, even if it was a little chilly in here, and the chance to find some amazing treasure was a nice bonus. She lived for experiences, after all, so even if nothing was gained from this... she would still have her memories!

But right now, Cam was just checking over her things as she waited for her partner. This mission had been recommended to do with at least two people in case something happened. The buddy system was the best. If something happened to her she could rely on someone else or vice versa! Plus it was a good chance to meet someone new, too. She didn't really know who was going to show up and that was also something to look forward too!

here u go doll uwu
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 22:53:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando's made the trek before. shoal cave is a playground for his ice type pokemon. here, undisturbed, he can experiment freely to test the upper realms of their powers. freezing the cave over goes unnoticed due to the general inaccessibility of the cove's treacherous innards. having done the route numerous times before, fernando opts to pack light. he knows to what extent he'll need to prepare for. his company for today, not so much.

what he lacks in an outward appearance of backpacks or any sort of bag is made up by the two belts that cross his chest. they're purpose to to holster the numerous pokeballs that adorn fernando's chest. easy to access, numerous to count. it's them that he puts his faith into. supplies, not so much.

"miss rook?"

fernando approaches the mouth of the cavern with renewed interest. the low tide will grant them access to floors that often go unexplored. only after prompting of , mosdeep's best representative, does he extend a hand forward. as for his pairing, he could care less.

@camryn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 23:54:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Cam is humming to herself when Fernando approaches. She hears her names, turns to face him, unguarded and open and relaxed. "That's me!" Is all she gets out and then she looks at the other, really looks at him, eye brows furrowed and pouting just slightly. Something tingles at the back of her mind that says she should know this guy from somewhere but she can't place any names. "Have we met before?" The most direct way to solve this mystery won't hurt anything.

"You're, um... " She thinks back to the mission briefing she had scanned. "Ferdwardo?" That didn't sound right. Either way, she took his hand when offered and gave it a nice, tight grip before shaking with perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm for a hair too long before letting go.

They had a cave to explore, after all, and treasures to uncover.

"Do you think we'll find something really cool? The scientist guys had all these theories and some of them seemed kind of lame. I hope it's, like, a pirate hoard of stuff! Like one of those big wooden chests you see in gift shops around the ocean-" Camryn had already darted into the cave, talking almost as fast as her feet could walk, not really paying attention to if her new companion was listening or following. "- Do you think it'll be cursed? Would I get in trouble if I kept, like, a little coin for a keepsake?" She continued to ramble in this fashion, nearly tripping over rocks and icy patches as she went.

fernando and the mysterious cavern mystery of why camryn won't shut the fuck up
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 2:41:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the question is asked and fernando answers with a resounding no. "i doubt it. i don't remember you." there's no way for him to remember the entirety of everyone he's met but the fact that she doesn't come to mind is merit enough to disown any association with her. perhaps she's seen him but fernando doesn't prod that far. she'll recognize it when she comes to. until then, he's fine with slipping under the radar.

and then she goes and does that. disgusting. fernando stays his tongue but the way his eyes narrow says more then enough. "a pleasure." his grip betrays his inner thoughts and is firm but fair. there's no extra crunch to it despite what she deserves. instead, it's her who stays too long but he doesn't comment on it. she reminds him of every other over enthusiastic trainer who fawns over the famous and discounts her as another fodder among the league's ranks.

he keeps his pace slow and trails after her. if anything, this mission seems more babysitting then anything. slow, dry replies follow her every statement - enough to let her know he's still nearby but far from sustaining any sort of substantial conversation.

@camryn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 22:47:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Sadly for Fernando, Camryn was not very good at taking some social cues. Since the other was responding at all she took that as him being willing to chat. Plus, for all the hubbub that the academic types had made, it was pretty boring in here so far. She had expected a little more pizazz from the cavern but it mostly seemed well trodden and beaten down from Trainers and Tourists alike traveling inside so much. At least it was pretty in here.

"That's okay! Maybe I got you confused with someone else, anyway. It's nice to meet you either way it goes!" But, Camryn had ran out of topics about the treasure and the cavern to gabble about, so instead she moved to the next most interesting thing: Fernando. "Are you a Trainer? You have a lot of pokeballs. What kind of pokemon do you train? Have you gotten any Badges? I'm not really a Trainer so it's always cool to meet someone who knows a lot about Pokemon. You can learn so many cool things from people! Like-" With that, she started to rattle off some of the things she had been told from people she had met....

"Oh!" Until she slipped sideways on a patch of ice and hit a wall. Only for the wall to crumble away with her weight and her to slide down a small slope of ice, deeper into whatever part of the cavern she had uncovered. A hidden path, right in plain sight, found out of dumb luck.

she fell in a hole
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2019 8:14:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
here on official league buiness, fernando's response is as dry as this reply. "i don't feel safe without them," he admits, half deadpan, half truthful. he listens in but doesn't comment further, unsure of how to answer. what did he specialize in? at this point, it's too hard to tell, not without giving an answer that does suit his position. that thought is cut short when she gasps.

a hand reaches out to latch onto one of his pokeballs but he stays from releasing the pokemon inside. the wall crumbles and fernando's more intent on seeing what lies behind the collapsing rocks. his eyes follow her figure, following behind her with a more prudent, cautious approach. when he makes for the slope, he doesn't slide down at the same speed but inches step by step.

@camryn