Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:31:42 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
lips purse outwards, the faintest hint of a tongue pushing against the bottom lip as he thinks.
[break][break]
"they're honest people tryin' make a livin'. they're kind, make damned good food, 'n just wanna' survive to wake up the next day."
[break][break]

he meets her gaze.
[break][break]
"ye don't need ta look at everyone like an enemy."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king7]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king7 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/DD2mKY9/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:47:40 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Sure. Just like everyone and their cousin. It was the perfect cover for something unfriendly, it was a cover she herself had used once before.

"Yes. I do, actually. That's quite literally the entire nature of who I am, Wayland."

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:10:46 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"its the nature ye made yerself ta be."
[break][break]
arms lounge back, tossing themselves over the back of the booth.
[break][break]
"doesn't it get exhaustin'?"
[break][break]

[newclass=.king7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king7 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king7 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/DD2mKY9/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:26:18 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"It's the nature that was given to me, what I had to become to survive. It's what I am, what I always will be."

And all of her attempts to run from it, to hide from it, to tear it down, to change - to stop running? It all fell away the moment she got too comfortable. It all turned sour eventually, with a knife to the back or a bullet pressed to her temple. Sometimes her own gun.

"It's only exhausting being right."

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 1:28:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"what's the sayin'? a broken clock is right twice 'uh day?"
[break][break]
the woman returns with water, and complimentary orange juice. he gives her a smile and a whisper of thanks.
[break][break]
"what's the point, ace? ye eat so yer body doesn't break down on ye. ye live a secluded life."
[break][break]
he huffs, a long exasperated sigh.
[break][break]
"just say yer not happy."[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:01:20 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma's brows furrow and she doesn't look up even as drinks are set before her. The an across the small table has her full attention to the point she is unabashedly rude to anyone else around her.

"You're not painting a very convincing picture, yourself."

He allowed himself to indulge, to enjoy, to participate in the world and allow himself to open up to others. But was that even true? The man she looks at now feels like a falsehood, a mirror image of herself only slightly distorted.

"Are you happy?"

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:36:34 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"no, i'm not."[break][break]
he could lie to her, sure. but emma would see it coming a mile away. and this wasn't the hill he would die on. not today.
[break][break]
"but i'm trying to be."
[Break][break]
his thoughts return to their night together, and how she had tasted so sweet. but all he could taste was bitterness, now.
[Break][break]
"that's more than i can say for you, ace."

[break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:49:08 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
No, he wasn't. Most people weren't. They just lied and convinced themselves over and over that they were happy, or that what was just around the corner would bring them peace. But it was a lie - and that corner never stopped turning. It was a spiral staircase, exhausting and difficult to climb. It had no end, no ceiling, no promise of a happy ending.

All it had was the uncanny ability to make people sick.

But his honesty strikes a chord in her and forces her silent. It strips her of her confidence, of the high ground she sets herself upon. His words cut deep because they are the same ones she's chosen to recite over and over to others.

Don't try, just be- better.

And here she was, refusing to take her own advice. What sort of example did she make?

Emma's silence speaks volumes, and the woman's gaze pulls away from King's distaste for her to settle on the room. She looks without seeing, thoughts run rampant through her mind.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 19:00:30 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he doesn't revel in this small victory, nor does he rub it in with smug looks and knowing grins. this wasn't a victory he wanted.[break][break] king let's the silence hang, but is saved from breaking it by the woman's arrival. it was time to eat.[break][break]
placed in front of them was kings favorite meal. he had it growing up, and shared it with ; fond memories floating on driftwood in a sea of anything but.[break][break]
eggs in a basket, with the circular piece of missing toasts placed to the side. bacon, extra crispy next to a small serving of chopped, soft potatoes. behind it, in its own bowl and plate, was sausage gravy and biscuits.
[Break[break]
a nod of thanks is given, followed by a smile. though it's tough to give, this time.
[break][break]
"dig in."

[break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 20:00:44 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
This time, the silence between them is deafening. It leaves her cold and agitated, prepared to leave. But if she ran, it wouldn't get her anywhere. Chances are, he'd hunt her down anyway.

Her tumultuous thoughts are dispersed with the smell of food as its sat before her. Eggs and bacon and toast, steaming potatoes and gravy. She glances over in all in barely-veiled awe.

It reminds her of..

King speaks, breaking the spell. She glances up at him and then exhales, before helping herself.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:29:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
HOME...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her expression tells a story; one he enjoys. his fork can barely contain the excitement of his hunger, and he doesn't even try.
[break][break]
it tears into the bread, and egg fusion. the creamy yolk breaks and pours into onto the plate, shining beneath the light of the booth. king scoops up the piece of toast that was cut out, soaking up the liquid for an inevitable end down his throat.
[break][break]
"how is it?"
[break][break]
part of his mouth is full; decorum and grace were never his strong suite.

[break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 6:08:57 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma's golden eyes linger a moment longer, sharp in their scrutiny of his excitement, of his ability to be so natural and carefree. Like the world doesn't rest on his shoulders, or that he's able to set it aside for just a moment to enjoy himself.

Knives and forks squeak quietly against the plate in his plunder, and she slowly follows the motion with her own, more methodical attention. She lifts mouthfuls to her lips slowly, lifts her attention from her plate to meet his - finding only his half-full and his grace misplaced.

"It's good."

But it's really good. It is warm on it's pathway down because she lets herself enjoy it. She chews slowly, purposefully, holding onto it longer. She just doesn't admit that out loud.

"Hm."

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 15:11:16 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
AT A HOLE IN THE WALL BREAKFAST PLACE...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
free of all regular decorum, king truly digs into his food. where she is slow, and savoring, he is quick to scarf down his meal. the years of league training was hard to combat, after all.
[break][break]
"normal things, like breakfast, just ain't the same comin' from a protein bar or some shit. it's alright to go out and enjoy some shit every once 'n a while."
[break][break]
the water on the table lifts to his lips, and he audibly gulps it down.
[break][break]
"when was the last time someone took ye out?"
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 22:50:27 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
The louder he eats, the faster she loses her appetite. Eventually, as she watches the man suck back his glass of water, she nudges her plate closer to him.

"Gavin used to."

She leans back, wraps her fingers around her own glass of water and sips slowly.

"'Normal' has never been something I participate in."

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
buzzed
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 23:10:57 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king7"]
AT A HOLE IN THE WALL BREAKFAST PLACE...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"i can tell."
[break][break]
he's shameless in a way that he has nothing to lose. nothing left in this life that could put him on edge, or embarrass him.[break][break] seeing her push the plate away, he says nothing, only gives her a passive look. he wets his lips with his tongue, as a question comes to mind.
[break][break]
perhaps one she wouldn't expect.
[break][break]
"ye ever been dancin'?"[break]

[break]