8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 2:15:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"hm."

fernando feigns an audible thought, that he has to consider his choices when he's certain from the get-go. dahlia goode. alexander silph. they're both admins of hoenn - significant players that can dictate the current ebb of influence. with both of them out of the picture, there's no other single person capable of filling in the vacuum. his power usurp will be absolute.

how exquisite.

"that's a bold claim and an even bolder risk. bureaucracy moves slow and even then who's to trust devon's number one competitor."

they dabble long enough. the longer fernando speaks to him the higher the risk they're spotted.

"why do you want him alive?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 14:19:32 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

dominic raises a shoulder in a shrug at fernando's observation. he cares little for the minutiae, he's just here to give a taste of what he can provide.

"because i believe in the presumption of innocence and a right to fair trial," dominic says with a smirk. he really wishes he could smoke, but once again he restrains himself.

"and because i want to know what made him run."

is that what they are? rats on a sinking ship? it's the inferred meaning of his words.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 6:27:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando knows enough about rocket to make his assumptions. there's no real need for dominic to know. they both know where the leadership falls and what can turn others away. you can only cut off so many heads before those still attached start to roll too.

"do you really need to ask that? isn't it obvious."

technically, fernando has no inkling to boris' actual reasoning. that doesn't mean he won't play it off with the same bravado he has when it comes to any other matter. confidence is absolute and perception is reality. dominic knows of harlow and that is enough to show that the man of silph has his hands in rocket's dirt laundry.

"you should really look toward better leadership."

it's about time they hung it out to dry.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 15:44:06 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

dominic tenses for a long moment, growing somber to study fernando. he's right, as much as it pains him to admit it. with a casual ease, the councilman voiced the thought that has gnawed at him.

silas is a tyrant, and tyrants can't be replaced peacefully; after all, kings aren't made by divine right but by those who crown them.

he raises his chin in part acceptance, part defiance, a half-nod.

"yes. blackwell will kill us all treating everyone in the ranks like cannon fodder. just most of the organisation doesn't know it yet."

dominic leans forward an inch as if to share a secret. "you're from kanto councilman, you can see that this rocket is nothing like that rocket. i want to know why."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 0:28:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
skeptical, fernando's uncertain on how to read dominic's momentary lapse in expression. he only suspects a feint at a genuine read because it's a tactic he employs himself. that's what makes dealing with shadier characters a task, one he much prefers to avoid.

"rocket came quick and rallied behind a momentum that didn't see any opposition. someone left the flood gates opened and blackwell had enough to sate his sadism."

fernando smiles, backing away from dominic's increased proximity.

"this isn't the case anymore. he's starved himself and is now eating rocket alive, a consequence of an expedition made too hastily and without proper recourse. rocket's purpose has been used and the flood gates closed. as you are now, your time is limited until you drain out."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 6:56:08 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

is he guessing? how much does he know to make such a detailed approximation, especially when it lines up with his suspicions? dominic keeps his expression a practiced and neutral mask.

"you're saying it's an egomaniac's outlet. how selfish." he let's the words hang for a second before continuing.

"my rocket is like an extension of me. and what do you do when there body has infected or dead tissue?"

he's not smiling.

"you cut it out."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 10:38:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando is. beaming, even.

"please do."

his hands fold into themselves, fingers laced, elbows against the table in line with his perfect posture.

"slateport was a good surprise but a nasty victory."

he blinks twice, staring at something behind dominic momentarily before returning his gaze.

"you raze land you cannot keep not the prize you've earned. what an absolute waste."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 16:14:27 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

call it paranoia or call it some trained instinct resulting from a hundred experiences. dominic sees silph look at a point behind him for a second too long, but when he reaches into his chest own chest cavity to grasp for an emotion in response he finds nothing.

his mouth tightens at the corners in something resembling amusement.

"that's not why i played the game, councilman, that's the difference between you and me. i'm just a loaded gun. my tastes are simple," dominic says, gesturing to the unfinished, cold yiros in front of him as if to make a point.

stay or flee. his left hand traces the garchomp's pokeball at his side.

"one last question before i take my leave; what's special about hoenn for you? kalos would suit you well, i feel."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 2:10:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"nothing in particular. i have unsettled business here is all."

weavile has been benevolent so far - the fact that the dark type tolerates the other man is majestic in itself. but movements don't go unnoticed. KEEN EYES pick up on the motion of his wrist and it answers with PUNISHMENT in the form of a restrained SLASH to the his arm. there'll be no pussyfooting around here.

"you should watch yourself mister ellery."

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 2:56:06 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

he feels the sting, and then nothing. blood soaks the fabric of his sleeve.

his eyes slide from the weavile to fernando. familiar with the dark-type, he isn't even a little surprised. it really is his fault for letting down his guard. dominic stares at the wound and quietly laments that he'll have to go back to slateport to get a replacement jacket from the deceased ellery's apartment.

"my mistake."

honestly, he's glad for it. the thought that a councilman would allow his pokemon to attack him it's like a character reference.

"of course i'm happy to answer any more questions, but otherwise, i'll be in touch."

he has to ask for permission to leave, and he knows it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2019 5:53:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"naturally."

the weavile supervises with a malicious glee. the blood the surfaces from dominic's wound is the same crimson that coats the pokemon's nails. smug, the pokemon teasingly licks itself clean, snickering at the taste of iron.

fernando does not share the pokemon's sadism and keeps his mind on the objective. "don't make a move for your pokeballs. step away and you'll make it out of here in one piece. keep your hands visible." a reasonable demand considering their positions. at least until dominic is outside of the weavile's imminent strike range. by then, fernando will be ready. with the security of already having a pokemon out, he can safely reach for his own.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 12:14:23 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

with precise and very obvious movement, dominic retrieves the phone, but doesn't stash it because that would mean going dangerously near his pokemon capsules. he studies fernando's face for a moment longer, as if there's a question he can't quite formulate despite it begging for an answer.

"you know how to reach me."

his parting words promise a favour and dominic doesn't know why. maybe he's got a mercenary heart, a desire to serve a winning master. for a moment, he's disgusted with his own pragmatism, but the feeling is short-lived.

dominic rises, turns on his heel, and disappears among the sea of faces.