1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
one stone, many birds [isra]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 9:59:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"Trust me, I know it well!" she chuckled. "I was a child raising one and even now, he hasn't fully evolved yet. He's unruly and almost always throwing some sort of tantrum." she sighed, because the pokemon was both her dearest partner and her greatest trouble. Even when she needed him most she had to be careful of letting him loose, just in case.

He caught her off guard a little with his intuition. The response her got was a mixture of perplexed and curious glazed over her typically apathetic features. "Very intuitive. I can't say you're not wrong, it's something that bothers me much about people. They do it too often, not just to me but to others as well." perhaps she would take him up on his advice at some point, she was lacking in a good flying type for her over all team. It wouldn't hurt to seek out one that had been recommended to her.

the blue pokemon was still something of odd interest however, especially if he could find nothing about her. Off indeed. "I see, well if she is still a baby that would explain the appetite. Especially if you have no basis for what to feed her." she glances up at him, eyes having returned to the pokemon. "What she likes may not be what she needs. But that's hard to say with such an illusive pokemon.... have you found anything at all about her?"

How curious. She would have to look through the many files she has at the estate and see if they might have traces of the pokemon somewhere.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 8:30:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]zhelaniye phione

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina cutiefly

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

“They’re fiercely loyal, if that’s a bonus for you. That’s how Kyouya is with me,” he nodded, tilting his head in the direction where his Braviary had flown off to.[break][break]

Thing is they can also be stubborn and refuse to back down… maybe they’d butt heads with your Zweilous, but at the same time they could teach it a thing or two about honor and never giving up in the face of adversity,” he added with a bit of a grin on his face.[break][break]

“I’ve been feeding her Berries, a bit of fish, a bit of vegetables… thing is she just takes it and eats it all like she’s some kind of a bottomless pit of a monster I can’t even comprehend,” he continued with a sigh a few moments later as the little Water-type let out another gurgling noise before gently slapping his cheek again with the long thing that stuck out of the top of her head.[break][break]

“To be honest, I… I wanted to ask the League for some assistance. But then there’s the danger of, what if they take her away from me, what if I never see her again? I know that any and all baby Pokémon can get incredibly clingy, and this one’s particularly… well, you saw what she did the moment she noticed you, right? She’s facehugged me too many times at this point. But maybe, that’s just how she shows her affection? he ended with a bit of a shrug of his shoulders.[break][break]

“I might end up going back to where I found her egg. See if there are any clues there…” he mused a few moments later, expression lost in thought while the Water-type continued to make the strangest gurgling and cooing noises, trying to catch his attention for some. More. FOOD.

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 300, what is this thing honestly

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 11:21:36 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Yes actually, I consider loyalty a very valuable trait in my pokemon." he did a good job selling the idea of the pokemon and Isra had a feeling he wasn't even trying. It just happened to work out that way. He talked well despite how his talking seemed to be largely rambling, a trait that perhaps they shared. Isra knew the advantages of being a talker well and had long since made an effort to learn them. "I have a feeling you'll find many a pokemon homes if you keep that up." her grin was genuine, he most certainly had the ability to if he wished.

The noises made by the pokemon drew her attention to it again. The little thing seemed to be quite persistent and she wasn't surprised when he said she was like a bottomless pit. Even young humans could be difficult to keep full.

"I do not blame you for keeping her to yourself, at least for now. It can be hard to say what would happen especially right now. We have bigger problems to deal with but at the same time if she's something important enough... we can't let her be found by anyone else either." her brows furrowed. It was hard to be certain what would happen with the league in a certain degree of disarray as it where. They were piecing themselves back together butt hat didn't mean there was any way to be certain of the outcome.

She wondered if she could find anything on the little creature on her own. That was a topic for another time however, there was no being certain of it right now. "That doesn't sound like a terrible idea, may at least give you a lead in the right direction. May be best to see what you can find on your own first."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 7:49:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“I’ll definitely be doing that. Just… not right away, because you can see the place is still a mess,” he said as he made a sheepish noise before feeling the little blue appendage slapping him on the cheek again.[break][break]

“Zelle, I know… you’re hungry. But can you wait a little longer, please?” he pleaded in the Phione’s direction, getting a sniffling noise in reply. “Oh, little missy, don’t you pull that act on me, I know you want more food. But I’m going to have to cut back on giving you so much so soon,” he added a few moments later before getting another few slapping motions from the little Water-type’s appendage before the sniffling noise settled down.[break][break]

Now that the little blue blob had proceeded to make herself comfortable within his hand, he then returned his attention back to the greenette.[break][break]

“Well, Miss Isra, I’m so sorry for the derailing that she caused—to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit this fine evening?” he tried again, hoping to get things back on the right track because the little rascal had caused enough of a distraction to derail their conversation.

word count: 193, time to drop that idea :eyes:

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 20:31:08 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I can understand that, sadly getting the gym up and running is quite the priority right now considering how things are. The silence to be honest, is a little eery and makes me worry for when a real move finally is made." she muses more than anything. It's really just idly talk because the reality of the matter is that this is not her war to wage. She's seeking to have a hand in places to be sure things do not fall apart completely but right now she's nothing more than an observer, waiting to see how the league holds up against a foe like Rocket.

Isar's eyes stay on the little blue creature and her persistence, she can give it credit for its spunk. She's always had a fondness for pokemon that have a drive. "To be honest I originally came just to meet you, I've been hoping to get a feel for each of the gym leaders in turn." she smiles, but there's a glint in her eye that hints at something more.

She reaches into one of the many pouches on her belt and retrieves a small wooden coin, stained black with the silhouette of a Salamence carved into one side. Isra holds it out for him to see and asks him a simple question. "Have you ever seen one of these before?" though people rarely share that they have one they exist and Isra knows this. No matter the region they are wide spread in their own right. Something tells her he has not though, because if he knew of them he would have known them to be one of the best routes to inquire about his little blue pokemon.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 15:26:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“It’s mostly because the money for the hospital and rehabilitation center came out of my own pocket… well, what I have left from the money left in my name from my home region at least, that’s why it was taking so long to get this off the ground… he explained a little.[break][break]

How much hell did he have to go through? Quite a lot, to be honest.[break][break]

Who knew that the position of Gym Leader would pay enough for his apartment rental—but then he had to formally ‘lease’ this much land from the city of Fortree near the borders and that took up a substantial chunk of the salary he received from them on a daily basis. Hell, he was barely getting by as it was![break][break]

Anywho…[break][break]

It’s her next question that catches his eye. An old token, from the looks of it—with a very familiar silhouette on its face. For the life of him, he hasn’t seen the anywhere… and so he voices this after shaking his head to show that he didn’t know.[break][break]

“Unfortunately, Miss Isra, I haven’t seen any of those anywhere,” he answered a few moments later, biting his lip. Was he supposed to say that? He had no idea if what he said was right or wrong, but… well, he just answered as truthfully as he could manage.

word count: 225, you got his attention :eyes:

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2019 10:41:50 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Ira tilts her head at the notion, it seems odd to her that he has not received more backing from the league when she's pretty sure other gyms have been. Wouldn't it be customary that such an arrangement be made? "Does this city not receive backing from the league? or did you try to get it approved just to have it denied?" she wouldn't have been surprised, there are likely many in position that have such control that might decide something like this simply isn't... worthwhile. Not right now at least.

It was a matter they could discuss on another visit as well, should his answer prove that he had no other chances of getting backing for the endeavor at that moment. She would be quite happy to do so herself if that's what it took. The last thing she would want to see is this project falling through when it was exactly the kind of thing that should have been happening to her.

Her hand closes around the coin, she's not surprised. She can't decide if it makes things easier or harder. "It's an old relic. From the era of the Kalos wars. Many believe it was the item used by a special group of soldiers to identify themselves to each other. Some of them still float around, often in private collections. Some recognize them and others don't. I don't blame them, I don't think the project it hints at is taught about much in most schools. The Kalos war alone is quite the feat to cover let alone a piece of it as nuanced as this." she pockets the coin and her eyes look down at the blue pokemon in his grasp once more before returning to him. Something in her look has shifted, it's hard to say what. The secrets swim in her eyes, there's more to be said but she decides now is not the time. You do not let loose everything in one fell swoop.

"I suppose I should leave you to take care of your pokemon though, she seems like she needs the attention a bit more than me right now." she smiles. They will talk again.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 15:59:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Truth be told, I’d taken it upon myself to pay for the hospital and the rehabilitation center straight out of my pockets, since at the time nobody wanted to believe me when I said I was serious about what I planned. Maybe it was because I prefer to take my time knowing the people, rather than flaunting my power and reach across the city, he explained, and for a few moments there was silence.[break][break]

Silence only broken by the insistent slapping of the head-appendage of the Phione, who wanted to be fed more food—she was making sniffling noises again![break][break]

“Zelle, can you calm down,” he said with a tiny hint of exasperation. “I told you to wait, right?” he continued, suddenly shifting gears into ‘overprotective mother’ mode once again before the sniffling noise grew louder.[break][break]

“Oh, little one, you know you’re not going to be getting any favors if you keep crying for food. Surely at least Vincent and Carina have taught you that?” he continued to admonish the Water-type quietly.[break][break]

At the mention of a war in another region, his ears perk up, listening while his right hand continues to attempt to calm down the fussy little Phione as best as he can manage. Little does she know that he’s picking up on the information—and would start looking further into it, if he even knew where to begin searching, that is![break][break]

“I might read more into the war in Kalos… I’d just need a definite time period to start searching,” he mused quietly. There’s this look in her eyes—he couldn’t be too sure—but at the same time, there’s this curious flame that sparked inside him.[break][break]

For now, though…[break][break]

“She’s becoming whiny again… I guess I shouldn’t keep you too long, Miss Isra,” he said as he took a little bow.[break][break]

“You have somewhere to go to, right? Maybe we’ll meet again.”[break][break]

And with that he reaches into his pocket, pulling out one of the few calling cards he has remaining that has his number printed on it and a name in in unknown script—to be honest it’s just his full name (Алексей Николаевич Иванов) written in a different language.[break][break]

“Oh, shit, wait, wrong one,” he sheepishly apologizes, seeing the card had Cyrillic on it instead of the standard Common. Fumbling around again, he found one of the Common-language cards and it’s this one he hands to her, with his name and number written on it.[break][break]

Nothing too fancy, after all.

word count: 416, indeed, we shall meet again!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 20:33:53 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Admirable, she can admire someone that doesn't give in so easily even if it means his own pocket must be thinned to reach his goal. The more they talk the more she finds herself taking a shine to him and she hope for that to continue in their future conversations.

"Three thousand years ago." she gives him his time frame and takes the card he offers, glancing over the language it is written in. She tilts her head because the letters are familiar in her mind but have gone unused. She will have to search for them later and in turn, look further into him. He's given her enough to look for more than she sees.

She reaches out to give the little pokemon a parting pat and perhaps by her human a little time with the distraction of attention before she goes. The young ones always crave it, the closeness giving them something much needed in the early years and she imagines that pokemon are no different in the regard. At least most of them.

When her eyes return to Alexei the warmth of before has returned and she offers him a smile. "I will leave you to it then, hopefully she calms down soon." the woman turns to leave, pleased with the course of their conversation. She looks forward to the next time they talk.

"Good night, I hope it finds you well. Until next time."

She leaves him the ideas in his head and his pokemon, she hopes he'll think on both between now and next they speak.