twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 3:20:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

it is as predicted: rocket's movements towards oldale only validates his words to . with smaller towns being targeted, the league has no choice but to strike back.

this is not what alexander is known for but it is a compromise he is willing to make. during troubling times, unity is needed from members of the league. himself included.

"in position."

it's a simple ambush.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 4:46:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the thrill of the hunt comes to a climax in the moments right up until the trap is sprung. it brings a high that cannot be matched. the anticipation that gnaws at him hasn't been felt since 's apprehension. he waits for the signal and it never comes soon enough.

"battle routine set."

several silhouettes lurk within the shadow of oldale's outskirts. fernando comes prepared with a matching pokeball for each individual. several of them have already been activated, every pokemon released and waiting for the signal. once the first piece falls, the all come down in a sequence. all it takes is for the first to fall.

"execute."

the call comes forth and start their moves. in the darkness of night, in the cover of the foliage, they operate. games of strategy and wit is a science - an art form. who better than the author of the art of war?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 7:47:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

the high foliage of the forest provides cover for those who seek it, hidden under the casted shadows of unwavering trees. it's an unconvention path that the rocket members are taking, but it's a path not unknown to locals like alexander.

he's positioned behind a tree and waits for his mark. footsteps approach, prompting him to glance upwards at his team. he cannot see them, which means they, too, are in position.

even before a voice sounds in his ear, a MISTY TERRAIN engulfs the damp grounds of the forest, coating it in a slight shade of pink.

execute.

"execute."

PSYCHIC suddenly holds one of the rocket members in place, freezing their limbs which allows for gallade to simply drop on them, incapacitating them.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 17:56:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
PSYCHIC proves invaluable to incapacitating the individuals before them without outright maiming them. while fernando has no fancy for mercy there's no point in ending their lives. these are nothing more then grunts, low tier fodder that provide little to rocket outside of manual labor. from them, extracting information is the most value they can provide the league. in order to that, he needs them alive.

the whole dahlia good debacle still lingers in the air - fernando had no part but he internal strife it brought to the league escalates up to the very top. he had been thankful that the operation was out of his hands. what proves crucial for 's plan is both a stepping stone and the foundation of his next move. those responsible will be reprimanded - all the way up the chain. slateport had brought a change to the council. this time, fernando's looking for the removal of the long term politicians, the figures that make up the powers that keep the council in check.

PSYCHIC holds them in place. there's enough sources to cover any individual that enters the MISTY TERRAIN. an accompanying FUTURE SIGHT is enough to knock the wind out of them. the impact is calculated, precise enough to mimic a well placed punch to the gut. there will be no inadvertent bloodshed today. not unless rocket human flesh is more fragile then paper.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 3:08:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

at no point does alexander make a move to reveal his position; there's no need to, not when his pokemon are more than capable of handling it from the cover of the MISTY TERRAIN.

the grunt gallade lands on falls chest-first to the ground. with the wind knocked out of him, and how his head bounces off the ground, it comes as no surprise when he's out for the count. gallade swiftly turns to an adjacent grunt and sends a controlled PSYCHO CUT at his legs. the psychic energy ripples across, and before impact is made the energy spreads out wide, resulting in a hard knock rather than a cut.

with two out of four down for the count, the remaining two scramble for their pokeballs. one manages to call out a steelix; whose presence rocks the very ground they stand on; but the other's stopped by an unseen PSYCHIC.

gallade sends another controlled PSYCHO CUT at the latter.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 9:57:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the steelix isn't agile by any means but the choice to go for the other grunt grants it a window to attack. the pokemon raises its tail in a preparation for an earth shattering EARTHQUAKE. unopposed, the pokemon lands the hit on the ground but the earth fails to rumble. the trembles are slight and compact to that area only. it's more of a TAIL WHIP then anything else.

why?

IMPRISON has long been set. the MISTY TERRAIN hides the translucent barrier that encompasses the field. the pokemon will not be able to PROTECT itself or take them out with a suicidal EXPLOSION. fernando's had his share of demolition based battles and he has no intention of letting the destruction to spread.

by the time the pokemon can realize its dampened powers it's already too late. a HYDRO CANNON erupts from the forest and plants a solid hit on the steelix's large frame. the pokemon makes an easy target and the specialized water attack lands a devastating blow. the pokemon's steel type protects it from any external damage but it still gets rocked around enough to knock it out.

what's left of the grunt is left suspended, unable to move.

fernando allows alexander's gallade the scraps.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 4:19:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

play to one's strengths and weaknesses: fernando is the more capable trainer. his pokemon might not be stronger, but they've seen more battle than alexander's, who only resorts to violence as a last resort. however, it is ignorant to think that non-violence is the answer to everything, which is why his gallade, and the rest of his pokemon, are more than capable of holding their own.

gallade closes the distance. CLOSE COMBAT finishes off what's left of the steelix. it falls to the ground, trembling the earth as its steely skin collides.

stepping out from behind the cover of the tree, alexander makes his presence known.

"surrender." 

there's only one grunt left that has control of himself. the others are either incapacitated or being held by PSYCHIC.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 5:26:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"now."

fernando reveals himself as well. neither are recognized, not in the night's cover, but their voices carries a strong enough impact. the dispatching of every grunt in a record time is enough to cause the last grunt to grovel. may be one to fear but right here, right now, the grunt has more pressing problems.

"or prepare to fight."

hands up, face down. the grunt prostates himself as he tries to look as non-threatening as possible. fernando snaps his fingers and the PSYCHIC holds mimic the action, rendering their captives prone and held with their hands behind their backs.

"smart choice."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 3:16:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

the assigned mission might be over but alexander carries other agendas he wishes to resolve. as fernando disarms the remaining grunt with a PSYCHIC, keeping him pinned to the ground, it allows alexander to approach while still keeping his identity hidden. not that it's needed--all of the grunts here will be prosecuted.

"i have a few questions and you will answer them."

standing tall, he looms over the grunt with his gallade by his side, ready to strike if any form of retaliation is attempted. caution fills the air as he asks his first question.

"who gave the order for oldale?"

and the second.

"why oldale?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 6:40:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the grunt is literally shaking. all the bravado comes from their numbers. now that they've been handled, the only thing that remains is utter fear.

"i don't know, i don't know! we just got the order from our superiors. i literally got a text. it's in my right pocket!"

the man makes sure not to make any obvious moves. in fact, the only thing moving is his mouth.

"i'm just a low ranking grunt! i don't know why or by who. i just get orders and follow them. i haven't even done anything yet."

fernando remains silent, observing. stone has already taken charge and he sees no reason to interfere. not yet.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 17:52:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

"resisting arrest and conspiracy to commit a crime is enough to detain you. but that should be the least of your concerns right now." 

gallade looks over for instructions, to which alexander replies with a curt nod. the psychic-type retrieves the grunt's phone and tosses it over to alexander.

"your superior has a name?" he asks as he examines the phone for moments before going through the messages. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 20:06:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i didn't do anything yet though!"

the man doesn't budge or make any threatening gestures - refuses to with the gallade still at stone's disposal - but the back talk doesn't end. he's insistent, bullish.

"it's ram ranch."

recent messages show nothing noteworthy. they're all personal and seem to coincide with a normal life. the only exception is those under ram ranch. the messages are one-sided and never answered. they detail where to be and what to do but never the purpose. information is expunged right from the source.

this isn't an operation - these are marching orders for insects.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 6:17:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
lack of vital information garners frustration--an emotion rarely shown from the rustboro gym leader. the only hint of it he shows is through the furrow of his brows, though it quickly straightens when he pockets the phone before taking strides towards the hidden silph.

"all yours."

there's nothing left for alexander to do but prepare. with rocket movements so unpredictable it leaves him at an impasse. he cannot spread his resources out too thin and leave himself vulnerable, and yet he cannot afford not to. even with 's help, he's not sure how much he'll be able to do for the smaller towns.

compromise might come in the form of a sacrifice.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
nuoli (m/hh)
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2019 8:48:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando eyes narrow when alexander pockets the phone. that's league evidence, league property. regardless, he permits it because he knows that the phone is of no importance. whatever information it has he already knows and has access to albeit through a different medium and a different person. a mere grunt pales in comparison to the caliber of his new informant.

"thanks."

funny how their role swaps. with little left to press, fernando cleans up the scene nicely. another arrest and accomplishment under his impressive belt.