the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 9:03:46 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

call it a soft spot, but niko has a particular interest in oldale for reasons he hasn't quite made clear to nina. all he's told her is that they're out here hunting for a pack of mightyena. for what reason?[break][break]

money, of course.[break][break]

"you see anything?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 7:39:34 GMT
nina larson Avatar
a new vulpix sat on the ground quietly, big eyes attentive. while nina previously had opted for ekans and nidorina in work situations, the last one had left her with little trust in them.

this was also new territory. she’d never hunted anything before, but the scars had made it necessary to change up her skillset.

”mm… oh! yeah, there! look!” she whispered excitedly, shoving the binoculars in his direction and pointing.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 10:07:40 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

binoculars are shoved into his shoulder. he takes them, holding them up to peer at the pack of mightyena.[break][break]

"hell yeah. that's them."[break][break]

they seem to be heading in a particular direction. his gaze follows, tracking towards the right, and though a plan comes to mind, he hands the binoculars back to her.[break][break]

"what's your plan here, nina?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:26:59 GMT
nina larson Avatar
eyes a little wide with uncertainty, she took the binoculars back. what was her plan? wasn’t he supposed to be the one with the plan?

after a moment, she took looked through the lenses again, soon finding their prey.

”well... i guess we should get the jump on them, right?” usually, she, or her pokemon were the distractions. now, she needed to be in on the action. ”maybe your ditto could distract them, so we can take them by surprise?”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 13:24:44 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

today, she's in charge. whatever she tells him to do, he'll do.[break][break]

"okie dokie."[break][break]

his conveniently placed ditto crawls off his back, plopping to the floor ungraciously. it takes a moment to understand the anatomy of a mightyena before finally TRANSFORMING into one. almost perfect if not for the dumb face.[break][break]

"get going, pink shit."[break][break]

and it does.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 6:00:19 GMT
nina larson Avatar
its face really was stupid looking, but nina was getting used to seeing it in its various forms. she looked away again, towards the pack of wild dogs.

her brow wrinkled another moment as she reconsidered her approach, and reached for a second pokéball. ”actually... i have another idea.”

her heart pound and her palms sweat. she had to do this.

”we’re going to trap them.”

a mudkip was released, and they waded through the greenery ahead, feeling lightheaded with fear. ”split up,” she told the two at her feet. vulpix went one way, while mudkip went the other.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 4:35:27 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"we are."[break][break]

easily putting his trust in her, he watches her two pokemon split up. he follows after her, not wanting to get too close as to put unnecessary pressure on her.[break][break]

this is a mission where they can afford to fail. there's nothing at risk here but money.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 5:22:38 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she went with her mudkip, letting vulpix run to the other side of the pack.

”hey!” she called loudly to the mightyena. ”over here!” she tacked on a howl at the end, so they knew she was talking to them.

when it worked, and they were all headed towards her in one nice bunch, took a breath. here goes.

”mudkip, SURF!”

what started as a small orb of blue light in the axolotl’s mouth grew exponentially. it poured out, standing and cresting. it was no gyarados’ surf, but it was something.

”vulpix, freeze the water with ICE BEAM!”

an iridescent light blasted over the wild dogs, and into the wall of oceanwater threatening to fall on them. it stayed there, looming and crystalline.

”it worked!” but now they had to beat them to another angle. hopefully, vulpix would be able to hold them off on the other side long enough for them to get around.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 12:49:21 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"shit, your howl's almost as good as my roar!"[break][break]

he barks out a laugh, watching as the wave of SURF roars into existence only to freeze moments after. iridescent light shines, almost beautiful against the sun above.[break][break]

but now they're on a timer.[break][break]

"run, run!"[break][break]

his ditto's already there, ready to hold them off. but as tough as pink shit is niko knows it'll need a bit of help. so, he releases his rhyperior who charges on ahead to join them.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rhyperior"]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 3:51:00 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina might’ve laughed, but she was already gone, on a mission to prove herself.

the rhyperior went faster ahead of them, and she smiled, seeing her plan come to fruition with their help. things were going to go right this time. she was sure of it.

however, a mightyena veered off from the pack and drew near to her on their way across, snapping with a growl. she yelped and tripped a step, listing to the side before facing it. her heart nearly stopped. she froze, eyes wide. even vulpix took a step back.

”niko?” she called, rising panic in her voice, but surely he was too far.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 9:55:10 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

he does notice, but he's too far. this is an obstacle she'll have to face on her own, unfortunately.[break][break]

fortunately, he believes in her. so much so that he doesn't even bother looking back. he chooses to focus on the rest of the mightyena.[break][break]

"let's hurry and trap 'em!"[break][break]

and so they do.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:34:19 GMT
nina larson Avatar
a quick look up confirmed that yep, they were on their own. ”oh no...” with a look of realization and panic, she backpedaled, and her pokémon did the same—at first, until the little mudkip decided they’d given enough ground. it stamped its place in the grass and gave its best war face, declaring, ”KIP!”

more water soaked out of the ground like a squeezed sponge. the mudkip’s SURF lifted the mightyena from its footing with a startled yelp, and it was carried further away from them on a wave, which then dissipated back through the grass and trees. it left their would-be attacker damp and sprawled in the mud.

nina grinned. ”oh my god. good job, mudkip!” she looked up, yelling over at niko. ”did you see that?!”

but the mightyena was getting back up, and it was angry.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 17:09:29 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

it doesn't take long for niko and his boys to gather up and trap the pack. it's why he's able to casually glance over to watch how she's doing, and gods, the scene is marvelous.[break][break]

"great job, girl!"[break][break]

he claps for added praise. but his hands soon lower at the sight of the rising mightyena.[break][break]

"pink shit."[break][break]

woof![break][break]

ditto takes off, charging before lunging at the other mightyena with a QUICK ATTACK.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 10:21:28 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina was worried, but mudkip was already gearing up for another attack, taking the most ferocious stand it could muster.

”kip!” it threatened.

but pink shit was already on it. while relieved, with a fast-pounding heart, nina had a certain thrill in her eyes. a taste of battle, of success.

”we could’ve taken it!” she called, grinning. mudkip agreed aloud with a high-pitched yip, looking a little annoyed at the ditto-faced mightyena, probably for taking its kill.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 15:02:54 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

that's the fucking spirit. he sees the way it burns in her eyes — he approves of it, of the progress he's seeing.[break][break]

the ditto-faced mightyena looks down at the mudkip, possibly perplexed, possibly angry, we'll never know. it simply tilts its head.[break][break]

niko soon approaches, gesturing down at the mudkip.[break][break]

"when's it evolving?"