705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:52:59 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she beamed with pride, but his question caught her off-guard. still not good enough? hmm.

”uh...” looking down at her mudkip and pondered. it looked back up with what she figured was a smile. none of her pokémon had ever evolved. she had never pushed them hard enough. walrein had been acquired already in all of its blubbery glory. ”well...”

her eyes went back to niko’s, brows high as though she were hesitant to share her cluelessness with him. as though he didn’t already know. slowly, her shoulders came up in a shrug. ”hopefully some day?”

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 8:05:29 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hopefully..."[break][break]

he groans, shaking his head.[break][break]

"not good enough! come on, nina larson, it's time."[break][break]

for what?[break][break]

he takes a step away before pointing down to pink shit.[break][break]

"battle me."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rhyperior"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 3:01:01 GMT
nina larson Avatar
how was she supposed to know when they were going to evolve? she stared at him as she shook his head, looking as though she found his judgment too harsh. not good enough. she looked away, collecting herself. the feeling of victory had evaporated.

but, after only a moment of disappointment, her brow pinched. a wave of determination crashed over her.

”fine. let’s battle.”

she looked down, seeing her mudkip at the ready. the smallest, tentative smirk crept onto her face. they were going to prove themselves.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 9:37:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"that's the spirit!"[break][break]

if battle music could be playing in the background right now, it would. oh! actually. niko pulls out his phone, scrolling through before putting on some battle music he got from one of the kids.[break][break]

"alright! go, dirt bag!"[break][break]

it's his trubbish. it pops out of its pokeball, dazed and sleepy, but waddles forward to stare at the mudkip in an AMNESIA.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-trubbish"]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:21:07 GMT
nina larson Avatar
dirt bag and pink shit. the names that niko came up with for his companions.

”okay, kipper! WATER PULSE!” she pointed in the direction it should go, as though power might appear from her own finger. sadly, nothing happened.

she looked down.

”kip. what are you doing?”

drool dripped onto blades of grass as the mudkip stared skyward, admiring a cloud. CONFUSED.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 2:42:13 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

with the poor mudkip now confused, niko claps his hands together, then points straight at the water-type.[break][break]

"now's your chance, dirt bag!"[break][break]

trubbish jumps up in the air, landing with its back turned to mudkip only to turn a second later to flip the water-type off. how TOXIC of it.[break][break]

"NICE!"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 5:48:41 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the cloud looked like... two poffins, with fluffy vanilla icing...

mudkip’s eyes lowered back, surprised to find a trubbish there. and it was flipping them off?

’KIP!’

suddenly enraged in a way that nina had not seen before, kipper’s mouth o-shaped and screeched at an extremely high octave. birds fled the trees surrounding. SUPERSONIC waves rippled towards their opponent.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 17:01:04 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

dirt bag screeches in response and brings up its trash-hands up to its ears in a foolish attempt to protect against the SUPERSONIC. but it tips back and forth, suddenly CONFUSED.[break][break]

"ARGH! that's loud!"[break][break]

in response, niko turns up the battle music on his phone even louder. max volume.[break][break]

"DON'T GIVE UP YET, DIRT BAG!"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 1:42:18 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”kipper stop!

hands on her ears, nina’s cry intermixed with the chaos. finally, all that was left was blaring battle music. the mudkip panted, lungs spent from its headache-inducing outburst; however, its face was still wild and furious. ready for blood.

a long shiny fingernail pointed theatrically in their direction again. ”SURF!”

this time, something more impressive happened. water pooled from the ground. a modestly sized wave rolled quickly towards the trubbish.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 6:17:16 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

with the noise quieting down, niko lowers the volume of the battle music as well, not wanting to be too obnoxious.[break][break]

dirt bag hops left and right as it tries to avoid the SURF. too bad its legs are short, making it not very agile. it's swept away, swallowing water as it tries to gather its composure.[break][break]

"burp it out!"[break][break]

suddenly, dirt bag belches, loud and gross as a SLUDGE BOMB flies mudkip's way.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 9:18:57 GMT
nina larson Avatar
as the ball was rolling. nina’s confidence grew, as her hesitation took a backseat.

”quick! WATER GUN!”

she grinned as her mudkip unleashed a pressurized burst to cut through the SLUDGE BOMB, avoiding it cleanly. vulpix backpedaled to get out of the way, crying out when a drop of belched poison reached its paw. the temperature dropped in a shocking gust of ICY WIND, headed for the trubbish.

nina looked surprised, unsure if their opponents would retaliate for unfairness.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 2:04:25 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"AYO!?"[break][break]

two against one? that hardly seems fair. but niko doesn't bother going for another pokeball because he trusts in his dirt bag. if anyone's able to best their opponent, it's dirt bag.[break][break]

if nina's using two pokemon, then niko can use two moves in one round. it only seems fair.[break][break]

"STAND YOUR GROUND, DIRT BAG!"[break][break]

after a PAIN SPLIT with the fresh vulpix, dirt bag continues to vomit out SLUDGE BOMBS, sending globs of poison over their way.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 3:50:28 GMT
nina larson Avatar
“vulpix, no, stand ba—hey! two moves in one round? not like they’d meant to cheat. an eye for an eye would make the whole gang blind and toothless.

oh well.

”fine!“ things were getting serious now. if she’d have had a baseball cap on, this would be the part where she turned it and pulled it down an inch.

”go! vulpix, CONFUSE RAY! kipkip, WATER PULSE!”

rays and ripples went for dirt bag from two directions.

close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 7:02:52 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"CLOSE YOUR EYES!"[break][break]

though dirt bag easily contends against the CONFUSE RAY, it isn't able to avoid the WATER PULSE as a result because it can't see it coming.[break][break]

GLURGUGLUGLUGULGGUG![break][break]

"SWALLOW AND SPIT!"[break][break]

dirt bag's already swallowed a gallon by the sounds of it. it turns to face the mudkip before throwing up a yellow and purple SLUDGE BOMB.[break][break]

this might be its last round.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
705 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
SOFT SPOT
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 0:49:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”kip, look out!” but it was already too late—or was it?

as the mudkip braced for the impact of the SLUDGE BOMB with a PROTECT, a shield of seafoam green glowing in front of it. the multicolored vomit splattered against it and dripped off onto the ground before the shield faded.

nina grinned. ”good job! now, try another SURF!”

vulpix stood back while its teammate summoned another small wave out of the ground to roll towards dirt bag.