in this essay i will [SD]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 19:26:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

okay, okay. they could do this. sure, they were nervous as fuck, because something had convinced them to sign up for this as soon as they stepped off the boat. which was fine, because rhysand was sure they could keep it together long enough to not seem like the weird conspiracy theorist. which they were, but surely that wasn't like....something people liked, was it?
[break][break]

rhysand is quickly realizing that maybe they don't know a lot when it comes to socializing. especially at places like this. which wasn't their fault; celestic town was small, and it was hard when people were just passing through. sitting down and actually talking like this was different,
[break][break]

if nothing else, they had at least tried to make themselves look more put together; their ponytail was tamed, less messy than it usually was, and they were wearing something....semi formal. cirrus, the altaria they had brought with them, was nestled near their feet. the bird pokemon clearly planned to do her own thing- which was fine, as long as she didn't steal their dates' food, because cirrus never went too far in the first place.
[break][break]

their first date seemed to be around their age, and rhysand offered a shaky, nervous smile. "hi?"
[break][break]
oh, this was off to a great start already. good going, rhys.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.rhysand]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A459FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rhysand b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 20:01:21 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

CJ ran a hand through their gelled back hair, making sure it was properly, purposefully mussed, and spiked to perfection. Their white linen collar was artfully popped, unbuttoned down to their mid chest to display their lovely collarbones. After spending more time than they’d care to admit staring in the mirror, they finally felt like they looked good. Beyond their normal of ‘just acceptable’. [break]
[break] [break]
Signing up for speed dating had been a drunken impulse that, as the day loomed, they were slowly regretting. But there was a nonrefundable covercharge, and also the promise of alcohol, so they’d glued their courage to the sticking place and made an appearance. Their emotional support Jolteon, Kinnick, walked placidly alongside them, pretty much used to all the bullshit her trainer could throw at her and perpetually unfazed.
[break] [break]
They were totally fine when they got their table assignment, totally fine walking up to take their seat, totally fine until they looked up and made eye contact with their first date and-- oh, no?
[break] [break]
CJ had never planned on actually planned on being attracted to their date. Oh, criminy. Oh, Arceus. Oh, fuck.
[break] [break]
“Hi!” They beamed back, too loud, face flushing, oh god someone take them out not on a date but with a loaded weapon. They pulled their chair back with an obnoxious screech and sat down, sweating. “That was loud. Ah, hey. You’re my date. I mean, you look good. I mean-- no, I do mean that. Agh.” They wanted to crawl into a hole and die. “I’m CJ,” they finally summarized, lifting a hand in greeting.
[break] [break]
Kinnick was making little hissing noises of laughter from her place under the table.
[break]
[break][break]

[break]
+ @rhysand
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ffffff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 21:02:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

at first, rhysand hadn't really been paying attention to their date, because there was the lingering fear that maybe they were talking to the wrong person. imagine how embarrassing that would be, if they got carried away just for their potential dato to sit down at another table.
[break][break]
but they sit down at rhysand's table, and that's when they can really get a good look at them. and....they're hot, honestly, with their hair perfectly styled and their white linen shirt popped. as soon as rhysand realizes, they lose any idea of what to say, trying to think of anything that doesn't sound incredibly awkward.
[break][break]
which...seems like something they're both struggling with, apparently. "i...think so? i mean. you look good too so maybe at some point-" gay. that was fucking gay and rhysand was making a fool out of themselves already. "i'm rhysand." trying to ignore the fact that they also wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out, they lifted their hand in greeting back. just as awkwardly as before.
[break][break]
hopefully cj wouldn't mind the disaster this was becoming, though, even if rhysand did. mostly because of the embarrassed flush of their face. they could work through this, though. it was fine. they'd be fine.
[break][break]
"oh! i should...say stuff about myself, right?" nevermind. at least they bounce back like it's nothing, for the most part. "i'm from celestic town, and...i just moved here, honestly. i wanted to research legendaries, and hoenn seemed like it was the best place to start."
[break][break]
"research" made what rhysand did sound more professional, at least. or, if nothing else, less like the ramblings of a legendary hunter, so there was that, too. they could make it work. probably.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rhysand .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 20:49:16 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

CJ was not expecting the complement to come back in their face and oh, no, they were going to spend the entirety of this five minutes with a face blushed red as a tomato. They fought the urge to hide in the crook of their arm like a Litten at the vet-- i can’t see you you can’t see me-- [break][break]

They managed to fight down their nerves, sitting up a little straighter in their chair. When Rhys mentioned Celestic town, their eyes lit up. “Really? No shit. I’m from Snowpoint!” What a small world. “I’ve never been to Celestic though.” [break][break]

Oh, so Rhys was a researcher. Nice. “Yeah, Hoenn is probably a good place for that. Lotta weird stuff happens here.” At least, in the short amount of time CJ’d been here, a lotta weird shit had happened.[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
+ @rhysand
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 1:32:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

their date, cj, turns almost a bright red, and rhysand thinks it's cute. well, even more so, since they were charmed from the start, apparently.
[break][break]
but they can't be too upset about it, because they like cj! they think. outside of the gay thing, which may or may not be making them a little biased. if nothing else, cj seems nice. and they're from sinnoh, too!
[break][break]
rhysand sits up a little straighter at the realization, themselves, and a tiny laugh escapes them. "well, i've never been to snowpoint! is it as cold as the name makes it seem?" it was cold there, right? rhysand's hoping they're not making a fool of themselves again.
[break][break]
if they hadn't perked up already, they would have at the mention of strange things happening in hoenn. maybe they would be more aware if they read a newspaper about it, but they hadn't. yet. "like...legendary stuff? or just in general? because...you know. researcher."
[break][break]
arceus, don't get carried away like that, rhysand. a glance is given, almost nervously, towards the timer; they still have enough time to talk, at least. and maybe rhysand can give their number if things go well.
[break][break]
and if they can avoid getting flustered over that seeming too forward.

[break][break]

+ gay :)

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 22:33:18 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

By now both of them are leaning in over the table like grandma’s at a heated game of bridge. Colder,” CJ insists with a nod. “But beautiful, too. There’s new snow almost every night so nothing ever turns dingy and gray. It’s always pristine and bright. And the snow in the moonlight makes the nights glow." They’re waxing a bit poetic, getting a bit dreamy. [break][break]

They think for a moment on Rhysand’s question. “...both?” They eventually say, a little hesitant. “Like… a giant tree started growing out of Sootopolis and rumor has it the roots lead to another dimension.” They waggled their fingers for effect. “Things like that. On the other hand of the spectrum-- the normal end--” they held their hands out, palms up, mimicking a scale, “the weather’s been a bit weird. But I’m more interested in the magic tree sort of stuff.” [break][break]

[break]
+ @rhysand
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 3:58:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

snowpoint was...colder. okay. it really wasn't that surprising, honestly. maybe if it had been warm, they would have been surprised by it, but as it was? it just sounded pretty, from the way cj described it, and that was enough for a hint of a smile to tug at rhysand's face as they tried to imagine it.
[break][break]
"it sounds beautiful, honestly." there's a wistful tone to their voice that they wish they could hide just a second too late, and they realize they're leaning over the table. trying to right themselves, while still seeming casual, they nod back. awkwardly.
[break][break]
"celestic town is pretty, too, but there's not a ton to do there." outside of the ruins, and even then, the stories rhysand had made up as a kid there had been the source of their own imagination. not much else to do, in a town like that. not really. "the ruins were always neat, though. maybe i'm just biased, but...i don't know. i couldn't really get tired of them." they were absoolutely biased, honestly, but that was okay.
[break][break]
if rhysand was more of a pessimist, they would assume cj was just messing with them. a magic tree didn't sound possible, but...they were willing to check it out. more than willing, actually; they'd go later. after the dates.
[break][break]
a glance at the timer tells them that they're almost out of time. "fuck-" swearing, under their breath, rhysand reaches for a pen to scratch out their number and pass across the table. "if you ever want to check out the magic tree or something?" it sounds like they're asking for a date, which....they don't mind, honestly.
[break][break]
"i'll probably be in hoenn for a while, anyways, so-" they're rambling. they cut themselves off just as quickly, embarrassed again.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 20:29:40 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

CJ smiles the entire time Rhysand talks about Celestic town, absolutely enchanted. [break][break]

The bell dings. They want to stay at this table forever. [break][break]

If you ever want to check out the magic tree. [break][break]

“It’s a date,” they promise. [break][break]

[break]
+ @rhysand
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 21:46:25 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

@rhysand