3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 11:32:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Well, shit.

…wait, that wasn’t even enough to summarize what the hell was happening.

There were reports here and there of ‘sea-people’ supposedly appearing, however for Lars—there was a very cold chill in the back of his mind. The last time he’d encountered his ‘other self’, he had to leave the other frozen from the waist-down because they had to get the fuck out of there.

So, maybe secretly, he was hoping he’d be able to meet the other once again. If not him, maybe the other sea-versions of his ‘family’, at the very least…

He hoped that they didn’t have to resort to violence, though. But that was going to be impossible, at least with the way that the reports from the higher-ups were coming in that there were sea-Pokémon among the attacking force.

Which probably meant he’d need a lot of firepower…

“I am so tired of this,” he grumbled with a sigh as he pulled out a flask and shook it, before unscrewing the cap open to make sure he had enough tequila in it and taking a drink.

who’s up for some double smashing (sealing: aqua)

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 7:46:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Is that Mr Anderson, Head Ranger and AQUA Initiative representative, pre-drinking before official League work?

is greeted by an amused, questionable comment and an arched eyebrow, as the lone pilot trails off the path to the League facility in favour of cutting across the grass.

The 'Keep off the grass' sign is dutifully ignored.

Angelo slips a hand out of his pocket when he reaches his friend, giving him a pat on the shoulder. And a little lean in towards the Head Ranger's flask confirms the familiar scent of tequila.

Stressed, Lars?

It does feel like every time he's seen the man lately, he's had a drink in hand...

But then who wouldn't be feeling the pressure, Angelo supposed, with a meteor months away from pulverising the region?

Especially when the League's only apparent - and dicey - solution included the death of innocent children. It was not an easy plan to digest, nor get behind...  

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 18:09:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Perhaps surprisingly, there isn't a drop of alcohol on Skyler when she arrives at the designated meeting point.

Not for a lack of desire to numb the frayed edges of an all too volatile temper - at least as of late - but because visions of her alternate self, Queen Skyler, kept flashing behind her eyes, bedecked in a kind of power Skyler herself sorely lacked. For now, at least.

She can't bring herself to fault for the sip, would have usually partaken in some herself. Instead, she brings a hand down on his shoulder with no regard for the strength behind it, in a very Skyler-esque (and ultimately unhelpful) show of silent support. 

"The better to fight with," she replies, throwing a smirk over her shoulder at . "I would know." She would.

Her eyes travel down the path to what lies ahead  - a dimensional pocket beyond which lies a crumbling temple, and beyond that a world set for destruction. "Let's hope their queen isn't too keen on interdimensional travel, huh?" 

One Skyler was more than enough, thank you.

Double-checking her equipment one last time, Skyler allows her fingertips to lightly graze Angelo's wrist before stepping forward into the gloom. 

mission: sealing - aqua
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 14:41:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I actually have my own reasons for wanting to check this shit out again, but… it has to be off the record, he began quietly.

There was a sobering, chilling thought lingering in the back of his head. It mostly concerned his sea!self’s family… or what was left of it, anyway.

In hilarious hindsight, the other!Lars’s family situation was the opposite of his own right now. Needless to say, however, fact of the matter was that was there even a chance that the other world’s Evan was still alive?

So many unanswered questions.

“You have no idea, Ange,” he muttered in the brunette’s direction, squaring his shoulders as he followed Skyler into the gloom—and getting ready to attack just in case they were snuck up on from behind.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 18:15:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
It's a subtle change in the wind, 's usual chilly prickle taking on an edge that's far more solemn. Brittle. As if whatever is on his mind runs deeper and colder than that of workplace irritancies.  

Out of the corner of his eye, Angelo shoots a brief look towards .

It seems they'd been asked here for more than just support on the frontlines.

Well, if there was anyone the Head Ranger needed to accompany him for 'off the books' activities, he'd come to the right pair.

You know we've got your back, Lars.

A soft smile chases Skyler as they step over the threshold, advancing into the darkness of the cosmic realm that dangles between worlds.

At first, all is silent. Only the ripples of their feet meeting the shallows disturbing the peace that surrounds the ruin they'd swam into some months ago. 

Doesn't look like our friends are here yet. You want to wait for them or head further in?” Lars had said he'd wanted to 'check something out' here, after all...

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 11:22:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"We're great at off the record," she reassures Lars with a grin, exchanging a subtle look with Angelo over the Head Ranger's shoulder. Something's up. "Hell, half of my clients don't even show their faces." Coordenates had proved to be a faster and highly efficient method of communication.

Ripples expand outward as they step into the oddly silent dimension that sits betwixt their own world and that of Sea Hoenn's. Familiar ruins dot the horizon like the very last bastions of civilization in an otherwise empty world. 

Skyler's hand hovers over her belt, hesitating for a fraction of a second before Johnny apparates at the captain's side. 

"I don't trust this." There'd been reports of strange activity, supposedly. That nothing could be heard beyond the echo of their own voices puts Skyler on edge. She'd rather take a punch to the gut than a stab in the back. 

No, she doesn't trust this quietness one bit.

"Johnny, can you see anything close to the ruins?" The Urshifu swivels to face said structures, attempting to DETECT any kind of suspicious activity.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 22:17:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It’s too quiet.”

Little did he know that another trip down into this place sometime in the near future would result in him meeting his sea!self’s younger sister—feisty to all hell, just like her original (deceased) counterpart.

At the sight of Sky’s summoned Pokémon, his eyebrows went up.

“Oh? You have one of those too?” he asked her, curious—yet his gaze was still wandering around the place, too quiet to be safe—

And then a rumbling noise began from somewhere—the water that they were walking through was no longer calm, but disturbed as something—

Was headed their way.

“Something’s coming,” he said quietly to the other two, quickly conjuring up a shard of ice and hastily shaping it into the form of a knife before holding it with his bare hand. “I don’t know who, I don’t know how many, but—”

The uneasy feeling would only get worse (for him at least) as the shape of something—approached. There were more following this one, but the first one to approach had his attention.

The face of the fast-approaching figure once they were close enough, though…

It made his blood run cold.

If it could freeze right then and there, it would.

“Mamma?” he managed to say a few moments later.

He would know that face anywhere.

He then turned to the lovebirds.

“I… I don’t know if there’s anyone else c-coming, but…” he choked out, his voice wound up. “Just… be on your guard.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 19:42:25 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Within the darkness, illuminated sparsely by the glow of dimensional energy reflecting upon the water surface, Angelo's fingertips take to his belt.

As Skyler orders Johnny to keep an eye on their surroundings, a Dragapult emerges from a pokeball, X-Ray's Illumina markings shining a source of light around their group.

A SPOTLIGHT shines upon the approaching figure, but it's Lars who identifies their visitor first...

“Mamma?”

Angelo's lips part, shooting a look out of the corner of his gaze - what the fuck silent relayed - towards his wife, only for words to fail him. About a rare occurrence as this meeting was.

Calloused digits hover over the handle of his survival knife, touching it but not yet unsheathing it. Not even when their friend shares an ominous warning. 

An eyebrow arches and Angelo shoots a glance in the distance where the figure is slowly approaching.

Why? Is Mrs Anderson known for acts of violence or somethin'?

Beware the wrath of a scorned mother, he supposed. Let's hope Sea!Lars wasn't a shitty son, it would be a little bizarre having to fight his mamma.

Want me to go first? Test the waters?” He's only partly joking, Lars looks shaken... 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 15:05:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Mamma?

Skyler matches Angelo's shocked look behind the Head Ranger's back, brows furrowing in growing concern. Had Lars known what awaited them? Did he have an inkling as to what, or rather who, would meet them in this otherwordly realm? That fact that this venture was off the record, that he'd seemed harried and stressed even before they'd started...

What had Lars fought in these chambers - before he'd called for them?

"You do know this isn't your mother, right, spiky?" Without meaning to, Skyler steps forward to shield the ranger with her body. Not because she doesn't find him capable, but because there were things one shouldn't have to face. Fighting your mother's doppelganger probably fit into that category.

"Halt right now, or we'll consider your approach hostile!" Skyler's voice carries over the water's surface, muscles tensing up when other figures become visible and show no sign of stopping. 

Then, under her breath. "Warned you."

A powerful Hydro Pump sails through the air in their direction, and Johnny leaps to intercept it. By Skyler's side, Eelektross is released into the battlefield, crackling lightning arcing above (Thunderbolt) to crash against the group of sea people and their pokemon.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 17:16:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“No, see, here’s the thing,” he began as he flashed the two a look over his shoulder.

“In our reality, my mother’s dead. The oyaji is the one who’s alive, and—” he was about to explain when he heard another familiar cackling noise from a sea!Altaria hovering not too far ahead.

“Oh, fratello!”

The voice literally made him flinch, visibly, for a few seconds—at least the good thing was that it wasn’t Claude, imagine how messed up that shit would be

“…shit!”

One singular whistle later, the stream of a Flamethrower from the sea!Altaria came raining down among them, which was suddenly intercepted and blocked by a burst of cold, frigid air that announced the arrival of—

‘Took you long enough!’

‘It’s not easy having to cross dimensions! Oh, shit, her again?!’

‘Yeah.’

“Apparently, in the place where we went to, my family situation’s kind of—reversed!” he shouted as he manifested the icy wings before taking off from the ground, while the Articuno kept the sea!Altaria and the—

Well, shit, look at that, it was a sea!Swampert coming in from his other!self’s mother firing off a wide-sweeping Hydro Pump to collide with the iceborne mirage that was now flapping their wings up in the air.

“Tell you later!” he shouted at the lovebirds before flying towards his sister’s sea!self, who for some reason was cackling madly and was now flinging a potent Moonblast at the airborne Lars.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
doppelgangers [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 11:46:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Wait, then why ar- and there he goes.

Bewildered, blue eyes chase after as he flies off into the void, leaving himself and his wife to handle the aggressive, alternative version of his family on the frontlines.

He'd be more pissed if this wasn't so fucking out of the left field.

Turning to as her warnings fall on deaf ears, a broad shoulder is rolled with a satisfying click. “Guess we're cleaning up the Anderson family drama tonight then, sunshine.

Latching onto a capsule that hangs on his belt, Angelo is quick to release a familiar shape onto the water surface, the Lapras letting out a soft croon.

You always take me on the nicest dates,” a flirtatious smirk is tossed over his shoulder as Ariel releases a stream of ice, FREEZE-DRY cracking frost up Mrs Sea!Anderson's legs and coating her Swampert. Sealing it in place.

X-Ray follows up with a DRAGON DARTS, exploding through the ice and sending the mud fish crashing into the water. 

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights