cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 3:37:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"we're landing over there, boy. right beside that bolder, to be exact."

her pokemon rumbled in response to her instructions, the pair descending from the clear skies above to settle upon the uneven ground of the vast mountain. they were likely several miles shy of the peak, the air where they had successfully landed thin but not at all uncomfortable. it was also surprisingly warm, though the wind chill caused goosebumps to travel up the freckled flesh of her arms. 

"
we won't be up here for too long," she promised. 

cait reached up and caressed her tropius's broad cheek, her smile tender and brimming with affection.  

"
i'll be back, okay? i promise. you be a good boy and wait for me.

the pokemon reluctantly yet obediently remained where he stood as his mistress went off in a seemingly random direction in search samples. cait was, after all, in eager to discover unusual and rarely gotten plant life. 

'anything i can make medicine out of will do.' 

she was careful where she stepped, noting the dead drops that awaited her if she didn't properly gauge where she was going. mountainous areas weren't exactly her forte, but she managed. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/357.png

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
i'm not okay, with the distance that’s been growin'. girl, i'm not okay, i love you, never show it
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 5:47:26 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
return of the king

Mt. Pyre's foggy heights weren't as safe as it seemed from below, yet Lucius managed to survive regardless of his unpleasant state upon arrival. After barely healing up from his wounds, Lucius took his chances and traversed his way towards Mt. Pyre where he took refuge for the past few months. The mountain's ample supply of fresh air and medicinal herbs helped him with his recovery. In the midst of his recovery, Lucius continued to push himself, resuming his regular training regimen with only few modifications to better suit his situation.

It had been a week already since he had fully recovered. Lucius wore his tattered coat over his bare skin, his chiseled features showing through its many holes. Its damage was reminiscent of his grave injuries from before his disappearance. He ran his right hand against his left shoulder, the area where both he and his coat were missing an arm.

"Let's go."

He rode his hoppowdon and began to descend from his small mountainside cavern. Smaller pokemon gave way for the large hippo as they traversed down a path far from the one usually taken by hikers and trainers. A few minutes in and he was met with a large tropius, and it wasn't alone. Only a few feet from the pokemon was a lady, seemingly scouring for something among the greenery. She even blended well with the surrounding if not for her clothing. His hippowdon stood there as he gave the lady a long stare.

Surely, she would've noticed his hippowdon by now. It was hard to miss, after all.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".lucas"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".lucas b"]color:#3f3244; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lucas i"]color:#3f3244; font-style:italic; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lucas a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 6:18:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
tropius craned his neck to peer in the direction of the hippowdon, the sight of the beast making for an unexpected one. his great wings unfurled themselves, the pokemon fully prepared to clash with the beast. a noise that closely resembled a growl originated from the depth's of the dual-type's throat as he affixed the ground-type with a potent glare that warned it to maintain its distance.  

"is something wrong, tropius?"

cait had knelt before a clump of greenery and vibrantly-colored flowers and was in the midst of inspecting them. she'd eventually shift her gaze toward her companion before finally catching sight of the intimidatingly bulky beast and his human counterpart.

"
oh - "

she hurried to stand, the discovered plants temporarily forgotten. 

"
i didn't expect anyone to be out here," she murmured, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. 

cait's voice rose above the winds that howled as they whipped by and ruffled her curled mane. 

"
who are -

once again she fell abruptly silent, her eyes growing round with alarm as she stared long and hard at the man. 

'white hair. red eyes. and that face. i remember that face.' 

"
lucius? it was 'lucius', right? is that you?"  

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
i'm not okay, with the distance that’s been growin'. girl, i'm not okay, i love you, never show it
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 8:24:24 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
return of the king

"I thought I know you from somewhere." Lucius scoffed as he finally caught her attention.

"Turns out I do." He added, a weary smile formed on his face. He could remember her, that night, and all the gritty details that ensued. Though vaguely, he could clearly recall. His hippowdon knelt with all four legs, lowering its body in order for Lucius to dismount the towering ground type.

He gave his hippowdon a pat, allowing it to get comfortable knowing that the tropius wasn't much of a threat, yet. "You seem awfully busy. It's odd for a dancer to be out here alone, you do know?" He quipped, recalling her job.

"Need a hand?"

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 10:30:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait's eyebrows rose high upon her forehead, the gym leader leveling him with a mildly surprised look. 

'not many bother remembering how i started out,' she thought, pleased.

"you...?"

her gaze slowly shifted toward his clothing that appeared an unpleasant combination of torn and worn. the fellow's overall appearance was also a bit unkempt - 

"
gods, lucius! what happened to your arm?

she had only just noticed its absence, his morbid little jest failing to garner any amount of amusement out of her. cait was far too distracted by the sight of the limb's absence now, her mouth having fallen open.

"
it's been - what - a few months since we saw each other last? a half a year at the most," she said, stepping closer. "what could have possibly happened between then and now? has it even healed properly? are you in any pain?

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 12:01:37 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
return of the king

"This?..." He trailed off. Her concern was genuine, a pleasant surprise.

"...Tis but a flesh wound."

He snickered wearily. He couldn't tell her much, though a whole slew of things had happened since they last met. He was at luck to narrowly escape death, trading an arm for another chance to live. The rocket grunt gave one hefty sigh knowing his humor won't ever satisfy for an answer.

"Slateport happened." He recalled. The grunt gave his response, though terse, he hoped for it to be enough. He couldn't tell much more or he'd risk exposing himself, in fact, he couldn't know for sure whether she already knew.

"Don't worry, though. I had plenty of time to heal." He assured her.

Out of instinct, his reflex kicked in as Cait took a step closer, causing Lucius to flinch and be taken aback. He didn't seem nervous, rather, he seemed ready to defend. He had his arm raised halfway to a defensive stance, which he lowered as soon as he realized what he was doing.

"You, what have you been up to? Finally a cop?" He jokingly asked, referring to his initial impression of her.

Though, he can't be sure.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 12:45:57 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait stiffened when faced with his strong reaction to her attempted approach before deciding to maintain her distance from the male. 

"slateport," she breathed. 

'so he was there, too.'

her focus remained upon his missing limb as he questioned her choice of career. her response was delayed but the young woman eventually blinked and snapped out of her daze. 

"
... no, i'm not actually," she responded.

she absently ran a finger through her wind-tossed mane, her gaze shifting to
 meet his own

"
i'm a lieutenant now - and the gym leader of mauville city.

cait squinted her eyes and cocked her head to the side as she reassessed him.

"
have you been up here for long?

it was a curious thing that he didn't at least know about her newfound position - her promotion having been all over the television and newspapers - both local and regional. 

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 13:14:25 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
return of the king

Not a cop but a gym leader, of course.

It's even worse.

He was practically walking on thin ice as he casually conversed with her, a lieutenant and a gym leader at that. Perhaps it wouldn't have been much of a bad idea to enter his defensive stance earlier on. Hoenn changed a lot for the short span of time he had been gone, it seemed as though he had a lot to catch up on.

He cocked his head to the side as he kept opening his mouth without uttering any sound. He was surprised, thoroughly, and it was visible with the expression plastered on his face. "Ah..." Air finally escaped his mouth.

"I could use a promotion."

With his newfound knowledge, Lucius became worried with her constant assessment of him. It's as though she was trying to recognize him from a list of wanted criminals, of which he might just be in.

"I've been up here for a bit, yeah." He answered her inquiry. "Ever since Slateport."

"It wasn't all bad. I got into yoga if that makes it sound any better."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 17:13:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"oh?"

the young woman's head tilted to the other side now, as though she was puzzling over something. 

'up here for a bit, huh?' 

cait reached for her jean pocket and produced a cellphone. 

"
i do yoga on occasion," she said, distractedly. 

she tapped at the screen, an easy smile upon her face as she continued fidgeting with the device. 

"
these league-issued devices are pretty handy," cait said. "you can get a signal from anywhere.

the young woman continued her questioning of the white-haired fellow, her fingers actively working at the dimly lit screen of the communication device. 

"
how long have you been up here for, lucius?"

her tone had changed - and that change was slight, hardly detectable even - but it was worthy of being noted by the male. 

"
days? months?"  

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 8:48:09 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
return of the king

I'd say it's been a month... or six. I can't be sure, though..

He scratched his head. He couldn't help but worry with her little device, could it be that she's been calling for backup? Lucius kept his calm, avoiding any display of doubt towards the lady despite his suspicions.

He was ready though, should things ever go down.

"I could use one of those too."

Lucius took a step back, resting himself against his hippodown as he kept his gaze steady towards Cait, glancing ever so often towards her handheld device. He could Cait's suspicion increasing, the feel the tension growing ever so gradually.

"So, what would a gymleader be doing out in the wild..." He asked, hesitating to keep the conversation any longer than it should.

"You know what, we should just get out of here and back to the city, right?" He suggested.

Lucius was simply itching to leave. He couldn't let himself get caught, not now that he's only seconds in on his return.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 10:51:16 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i suppose i'd be just as eager to leave if i were in your shoes."

cait's response was curiously ambiguous as her eyes scanned a tidbit of information that passed her dimly lit screen. her eyebrows rose and then lightly furrowed before she proceeded to slide her phone back into her trouser pocket. 

"
lucius."

she leveled him with a strange look, her expression a combination of tired and mildly annoyed. 

"
i'm not going to do anything to you," she said. 

cait had taken some notice to his discomfort and had sought to rid him of his worries. 

"
if you had a reputation, maybe," she said. "but there's barely any information on you. there's not even a picture to go along with it.

the young woman shrugged. 

"
keep it that way," she encouraged. "alright?

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 11:53:43 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
return of the king

Safe to say, she finally knew.

His sudden disappearance and notable injuries must have tipped her off. As if it wasn't obvious enough, though. The albino took a deep breath and calmed himself. For the first time since they spoke, he could feel the cold breeze blow. He rubbed his temple and leveled her gaze to match Cait's, taking note of her every word.

"You're too kind."

He could only relate the lack of any information regarding his person due to the fact that he might have been presumed dead for the most part, it was a miracle that he had survived, after all.

"If that's the case then I, too, am not going to do anything to you,"

He said, returning her the favor. He was perfectly fine with his lack of any reputation, though perhaps it would've been different with his past self. He used to be hungry for power and recognition, it was his only drive to climb the ranks of Rocket. This time, he had very different reasons for his goals.

"It was nice meeting you again, Cait." He smiled.

He couldn't wait to see the look of regret on her face.

"I like you. You seem to know what you're doing."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 12:13:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she snorted in a dismissive sort of way. 

"you? do something to me?"

cait eyed him up and down, aged memories of the night that had been spent together in bliss surfacing as a result. 

"
i'd like to see you try, babe."

with that said, the young woman approached her tropius and began climbing onto his back. 

"
just do us all a favor and stay out of trouble."

once again, her gaze lingered upon his missing arm. it was very likely that someone who was league-affiliated had severed it; but she supposed there was also that chance that rocket played a part in removing the limb.

"
hmph."

the young woman spurred her tropius into movement. 

"
i think it'd be best if i cleared out and take my business elsewhere," she said. 

cait shot one final look at lucius.

"
i wasn't kidding about you staying out of trouble, lucius. don't make me regret leaving you here.

her tropius's wings caught the wind and she was gone, the young woman deciding to take her little expedition elsewhere. 

close tab

played by

Bloody

White King
he / him
twenty-three
Spy / Assassin
Rocket Grunt
30 height
30 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucius
lucius hallows
discovery . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 14:25:45 GMT
lucius hallows Avatar

tag
notes
end

"We'd meet again Cait, I'm sure."

He smiled mischievously, Lucius climbed his hippowdon just as she did with her tropius. Tension lingered in the air no more. He could only smirk now as he'd recall their past, and only, encounter with each other.

"I'm sure of it, babe."

He continued his descent as she flew up with her tropius. Perhaps it was a coincidence meeting her; for her to be the first face he'd see on his return to civilization. Perhaps they'd meet again, not that he could tell. Though one thing's for certain; he couldn't promise her what she had asked of him.

Trouble was coming, there's no point in denying.