Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:26:11 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg frowned into her phone. ‘Urgent customer order’? What the heck did that mean?

Okay, she sent back to , give me 10 minutes to become presentable.

Urgent customer order could’ve meant anything. It could’ve been someone rich and famous-- or someone who was a danger to Elisa. That thought spurred her onwards, shucking out of her greasy coveralls and throwing her hair up in a ponytail to hide its unwashed-ness. She threw on the first few things she could find that were appropriate enough and all but ran out the door.

She was breathless as she pushed into the shop, and trying to act like she hadn’t just sprinted over.

“What’s--,” wrong, was the second word out of her mouth, but she swallowed it, remembering she was on the job.

“What’s up?” she amended, mentally patting herself on the back. Good save, Cygne.

⚰︎ wearing
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:41:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]By now, the scary godmother had turned into a pumpkin and disappeared at the stroke of midnight. Or something like that. It was almost a shame. She may've been a little intimidating, but she also seemed surprisingly sweet once one got to know her. Maybe they'd have time to catch up later, but for now she seemed like she wanted to leave the two with their privacy. Whatever that met.[break][break]

Luckily, Isaac was on the ball. He quickly hid the flower behind his back, hoping that Cygne's current state of hustle and bustle meant she wouldn't have noticed his quick gesture. "Oh, thank goodness you're here," Isaac said. "Elisabeth had to run out- she's just as nice as you said she is, by the way- so she asked me to pass her question along to you. A customer had a question on some floral arrangement colors. They're hoping you could give some opinions."[break][break]

"It's their first time, though. So they're kinda self conscious about the whole thing. Can you close your eyes for a second? So you don't see before it's ready?"[break][break]

If Cygne obliged, Isaac would lean up and gently, oh so gently, tuck the blue dahlia he was given behind her ear. Shit. It really did look well with her shade of blonde. He knew his intuition was on the ball. Nevertheless, he bit his tongue and refrained from any comment. No, no. No startling the staff on the job.[break][break]

Now, surprising? That he could do. He took a mirror from one of the display boxes, holding it up so that Cygne would be able to see her new accessory firsthand. "Alright! It's ready," he said. "So, you be the judge. Do you think the blue matches the yellow?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 22:13:43 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She was immediately worried when Elisa didn’t greet her as she walked in the door. She wasn’t behind the counter wrapping a bouquet or paused mid-stroll in an aisle. Cyg swallowed, stepping cautiously deeper into the flower shop, the intoxicating aroma of blooms and pollen waging war on her senses.

Then Isaac spoke and she almost jumped out of her skin, so poised to jump into the thick of things; her heart hammered in her chest as her brain and body registered NOT A THREAT. “Oh. my god,” she said, her pulse a roar in her ears as her FIGHT/FLIGHT gear slowly cranked down. She fixed Isaac with a look of concern. “Step out? Is she okay?”

Because of course Isaac doesn’t know the hidden facets of Elisa’s business venture so he wouldn’t know the shady, underhanded dealings that often went on in her boss’ life. Or the chemistry lab and scary spiders (literally) crawling around her basement.

Cyg frowned. “Floral arrangement colors?” she parroted, remembering, again, that this was the face of Elisa’s legitimate business she was currently representing. “That’s a shame. Elisa’s much better at it than I am, really.” But she started to catch onto things when he asked her to close her eyes and it dawned on her, then, that she hadn’t yet asked him what he was doing here.

She doesn’t know what made her do it because she’s not normally the sort to go along with this sort of thing but it’s Isaac, and her feelings towards him are convoluted, at best, and downright sloppy affectionate at worst, so she turns her suspicious eye narrow into pressing them closed. She twitched a little when she felt something slip along the side of her head, through her hair, resting behind her ear.

“What do you me--,” she opened her eyes and froze, caught off guard by the mirror and, just, the look of confusion on her face. She got to watch in real time as the blush steadily crawled over her nose, and she ducked her head and looked away, fingers coming up to brush against the petals of the flower-- her favorite kind of flower, he’d remembered-- and she just sort of. Her brain made a little whirring noise and shut down.

“Did you…” she started, trying to find the words to explain how she was feeling, “did you come to the flower shop, where I work to… get me flowers?”

⚰︎ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 1:43:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Fuck. She looked gorgeous. The blush complimenting her blue and yellow with a heavy hit of red, and the ginger way she traced her finger along the petals of the dahlia, only cemented that fact further. For a second, Isaac's resolve wavered, but he chewed a little on the inside of his cheek to try and calm his nerves. Where did those nerves even come from?[break][break]

"It's kind of a long story," Isaac said. "Y'see, I had a gift I wanted to get you. Not this! But then this became the gift I wanted to get you, because it's kinda more important. But anyway, so I came in looking for you. And me and Elisabeth kinda had some kind of battle of wits, because I didn't want to seem like some kind of huge creep? Y'know, like, if I just came in all 'hey, you've never seen me before in my life, and I want to give your . . . only? employee a gift!', she'd probably just spray me with pepper spray or something. Made from actual, fresh grown peppers."[break][break]

Oh, god, he was rambling here. He was totally rambling here. Why the hell was he so nervous!? "B-but anyway! I've been meaning to pick up some dahlias anyway, right? Some kinda nice therapeutic hobby after all the shit that happened. Keep my head screwed on straight, and even my butterfingers probably can't screw them up. So she asked why I was interested and I mentioned all those things you said about them, and that you gave me the tip about them. So then suddenly she went from employee mode to, like. Interview mode, y'know? Asking all these questions about how I know you and all that. And I was pretty sure she was going to like throw me in a cauldron for a moment there, but then suddenly she went from kinda intense to really nice?"[break][break]

"So then she figured a bunch of pots back in the Sub- not that I told her about the Sub or anything like that but I did mention I didn't really have a lot of space- was no place for some dahlias. Especially because I said that, hey, maybe if I could figure out how the heck these things work I could give you some tips with the whole iron thumb thing. So she decided she was gonna offer us a whole little plot back here to work with! And I mean I guess that means we just adopted a plot of flowers? So, uh. She's a really good saleswoman. And also really nice when you get to know her! So then I mentioned the gift and between that and the plot of dahlias she figured it'd be a good idea for me to pop the surprise to you. And then she gave me the flower and called you up and, well. Now you're here!"[break][break]

Breathe, Isaac, breathe! It's okay! You have plenty of time to use your words! Finally, all of his clown thoughts stopped tripping over each other on the way out of their little clown car. What would he say now that he finally had his rational brain back?[break][break]

The answer was holding up the little tin of desserts that he brought over. "A-anyway, brookies!" he said, as if that explained literally anything.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]556 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 22:05:18 GMT
ana fell Avatar
He was talking. Cyg was staring dumbly at him and he was still talking. Talking like he was running out of air. Talking like he was running out of time. He talked about Elisabeth-- who, predictably, came to her defense in the face of this stranger (a kind-hearted and genuine stranger, but a stranger all the same-- and her heart warmed at that. It was a comfort. In all this-- strange, new world, Elisa having her back was a comfort.

He was still talking.

We just adopted a plot of flowers.

He finally stopped talking and was offering something-- a tin or tray of-- of brookies? She felt her eyebrows knit together in puzzlement but she was smiling. She couldn’t stop smiling. Her heart was doing weird things in her chest and she felt giddy. Giddy and soft. Cyg wasn’t used to feeling soft. Which probably explained what she did next.

“You numbnuts,”
she said, half a laugh, half a sigh, and pushed the tray of sweets away as she -- she was grateful but there would be time for that later-- stepped into his orbit. She reached out and gently took his face in her hands, fingers over the nap of his neck, thumb across his cheeks, tilted his head ever so slightly, and kissed him.

It was a real kiss, too, not just a gentle touch. There was force there. Intent. Heat and meaning behind it.

⚰︎ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 6:07:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She kissed him.[break][break]

Cygne just kissed him.[break][break]

Her hands cupped his face so softly, so gently, that when Isaac let his face lay into her palm it felt like a natural fit. He shivered a little as her fingers grazed the little hairs on his neck, the anticipation for an action he didn't even see coming driving him insane. She was close now. Closer. Closer still, closer than they'd ever been before.[break][break]

And then she kissed him.[break][break]

Isaac froze up. A million monkeys on a million typewriters banged out a million thoughts inside of his mind, and each of them only managed to come up with a single word: "uh???" How was he supposed to see this coming? Sure, they spent tons of time together. And when they weren't hanging out, they were usually texting. And she was the first person he confided both big ideas and painful traumas with. And they'd literally slept together- no, not like that, but just thinking about it got Isaac's heart pounding. So did her smile. And her laugh. And her those cute, passionate spiels about machines and acting and socioeconomic theory. And his smile, and his laugh, and all of his spiels never failed to make her smile, either. And-[break][break]

Okay. So maybe none of this should've been a surprise. The fact that he could recall all of this in the literal split second during which her lips first touched his was as big a sign of that as any. But maybe that was for the best. This way, instead of spending the rest of the kiss standing around like an idiot, he could do what his heart had known it wanted far, far longer than his brain ever did.[break][break]

He let himself melt into the kiss, matching Cygne's intensity with that of his own. One of his arms wrapped around her shoulders, as if to support her during the kiss. Another snaked around the waist, as if to hold her all the closer. His eyes eased shut as he let this mix of familiar comfort and all-new excitement sweep him off of his feet. Without them, he could take into account the smell of flowers, baked goods, and elbow grease, the softness of Cygne's lips and the slight bit of callus of her fingertips, the nervous shudder to his own heartbeat and the gentle pulse of hers, the word 'numbnuts' echoing through the hallways of his memory . . .[break][break]

By the time they parted, his smile stretched ear to ear and his blush spread from head to toe without a shred of shame. "You kissed me," he finally managed to say, a grammatical chimera of a statement, a question, and an exclamation.[break][break]

Part of him wanted so desperately to know why. Another part of him wouldn't have had it any other way.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]471 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 23:16:47 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She panicked for a split second when he didn’t kiss back at first. But then it was like his body and his brain finally reconnected and he started reciprocating, and the panic turned into butterflies. She felt one arm go around her shoulders and the other cinch at her waist, pulling her tighter against him-- so she took that as permission to keep going, and she kept going, tilting a centimeter more for a deeper connection.

She was breathless when they separated, just a little, face reddened all to hell. And of course, he was grinning at her like an idiot and he said something equally as idiotic-- three words in about a hundred different voices, different ways. She felt her own mouth curling up in a smile because even though their faces were differentiated they were still pressed close together, and neither made an attempt to step away.

“Yes?” she said, voice lilting up in a question: a repartee to his many-handed statement, question, phrase: it was equal parts yes, was that okay? and yes, what about it?

“Can I do it again?”

⚰︎ wearing
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 3:15:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac blinked in confusion at Cygne's question. Was she asking that? Was she really asking that? And how the heck did he even answer it? He couldn't even begin to find the words that fit the haze of a maze that had settled onto his brain.[break][break]

So why find words at all? Instead he leaned back towards Cygne, answering her previous kiss with one of his own. His own was gentle, a little shy, but with a palpable passion behind it. It was clear, oh so clear, that he was just waiting for Cygne to give the say-so, the proof that he wasn't overstepping here.[break][break]

And if she did? He would let his passion show in the deepening of his kiss. The arm wrapped around her waist would pull back slightly, allowing his fingers to gently feather across the small of her back. For a second, they weren't in the flower shop. They weren't in Hoenn. In fact, they weren't anything. They were just in each other's company, and the troubles of the world were small potatoes in comparison.[break][break]

This time, when they pulled back, he kept closer. He let his forehead come to a soft rest against hers, his gaze soft and warm on her and the smile across his face unbreakable. He took his hand off of her shoulder, instead letting it come to rest atop her own. His fingers settled oh so naturally in the space between hers. "Oh, Cyg~," he mused, voice damn near singsong. "Did you really think you'd even have to ask?"[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]258 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:13:33 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She could almost see the little hamster in Isaac’s brain struggling to get back on the wheel. It made her feel a little bit better, the fact they were both caught off guard by this sudden display of affection.

But she honestly-- like-- what was she supposed to do? The kid showed up at her work to give her cookies and ended up buying a whole garden plot, and wooed her boss-- enough to the point where Elisa asked her to come over under the guise of work-- and she was, what, not going to kiss him?

So then he kissed her and she took it as a sign that yes, the kissing was alright. Actually, it was better than alright-- she pressed back and he tilted his head, and then it was really good. She felt his hand on her back and instantly was alight in all places, heat stemming from his touch. And she was a little bit breathless in the end when they pressed their foreheads together.

Their fingers folded together like they were made to be there (oh my god) and she couldn’t help but smile.

“You dork. You absolute dork.”

I think-- [redacted].

Oh, god, this was terrifying. This was so scary. Cyg hadn’t had a real boyfriend in ages, not since high school, and even then, it’d been a joke compared to what she was feeling now. And everything was so much heavier, right? Like, now that she was an adult, but also because she was in Rocket, and the world was ending, and--

--she wasn’t panicking, she wasn’t. She wasn’t.

“Show me our flower garden,” she said, instead, reaching out with one hand to sneak into the brookie package and snatch one.

⚰︎ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 0:11:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Takes one to know one," Isaac said, flashing Cygne that cheeky grin. That's how it all started, didn't it? That damn cheeky grin that wormed its way into the poor girl's heart. Yet, no matter how many times Cygne left Isaac smiling, it never got old for the two of them. In fact, if anything, her continued presence only made Isaac want to smile more. How could he not? He was beyond lucky to have her.[break][break]

And, well. He couldn't really argue that point anymore, could he? Being her little spoon in bed was just an act of comfort when he was at his absolute worst. But, this? This felt different. This felt exciting. This felt wonderful. This felt natural. This felt unbelievable. This felt . . . right.[break][break]

"With pleasure," Isaac said, extending a hand for Cygne to take. Wait. Shit. Did Elisa even tell Isaac where the plot of flowers was going to be? They only made that decision a few moments ago. Isaac knew Elisa was good. But was she that good? If the plot was already ready, then Isaac was going to be all the more convinced that she was Cygne's fairy godmother.[break][break]

Did that make Isaac a charming young prince? Maybe in Cygne's eyes, at least.[break][break]

They'd held hands more often than Isaac had expected. This wouldn't be anything new for them. Right? Sure, those times where while Isaac was literally on the brink of trauma, but . . . no. It was okay. This was going to be fine. His heart wasn't stopping where he stood or anything like that. Nope! He wasn't nervous. Not in the slightest. They just kissed the everloving heck out of each other! What was a little bit of handholding after that? Certainly not, like, a confirmation of anything! No, no, it was fine. Everything was fine![break][break]

If Cygne did take his hand, the poor guy would turn red from head to toe. Yet, nonetheless, his fingers would intertwine with hers as he lead her to their garden plot. What would they see? A little sign with their names on it? A sea of blue and yellow dahlias? The anticipation was driving him crazy and he kinda loved it.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]370 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 20:56:11 GMT
ana fell Avatar
It started with his face hitting the ground, but yes, the smile definitely didn’t hurt things. He looked like the freaking sun, so obviously the kissing was doing as much for him as it was for her. She hadn’t felt this happy in a long time. It was intoxicating-- something she never, ever wanted to get used to.

After wiping crumbs on her pants she slid her hand into his, rolling her eyes, but she was still grinning, from ear to ear. Grinning like a fool. Because that’s what she was, wasn’t it? A damn fool.

She threaded their fingers together and watched Isaac turn red as a tomato and it only made her smile harder. Oh, god, she was going to die. They made their way out back where Elisa did most of her public cultivation (and not, you know, the illegal and poisonous things) and meandered through the sunlight for a minute before she saw it.

One of the plots was freshly prepped for planting, turned over with dark loamy soil. In the front righthand corner, there was a little, crystal planter in the shape of a Swanna; the planter had been stocked with blue and yellow dahlias.

She tugged Isaac over to stand in front of it, caught in the simplicity of the gesture-- while also trying not to crumble under the weight of a new hobby. But she had a whole new relationship, right? Better make time for it.

“Hope you’re better at growing things than I am,”
she said, squeezing his hand, “though I do know some weeds that are pretty and, like, impossible to kill.”

⚰︎ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 1:08:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]That foolish, ear-to-ear grin. Isaac's was a perfect mirror of hers, if only because the more she smiled, the more he smiled as well. How could he not? Just seeing that smile felt like a sign that everything was alright. And that was important. Everything wasn't alright. He was a freshly-traumatized member of a criminal cell in a region that was about to have a hot date with Mr. Meteor. What part of any of that was alright?[break][break]

The part where even if he was running from the law and staring down the apocalypse, he'd be doing so hand in hand with Cygne.[break][break]

She was comfort. She was a little spot of light. And from how her fingers intertwined around his, and how she kept stealing quick glimpses of his face, Isaac knew that he was Cygne's as well. Was there really any better symbol of these first steps they were taking than a garden? It took the serenity, the comfort, and the escape they provided each other and manifested it into reality. Their growth would be its growth, its joy would be their joy, and they'd get to enjoy it all tucked into a cozy corner of an idyllic little cottage.[break][break]

And what a little slice of comfort it was. Elizabeth had clearly already gotten down to business, the garden space primed for the planting and a gorgeous planter filled with their first blooms. It was even in the shape of a swan, just like the swan that Isaac had been so lucky as to welcome into his life. He returned the squeeze of her hand, lost in the bliss of the infinite possibilities stretching out before them.[break][break]

"Hey. I'm sure if we put our thumbs together, we've gotta have some green spots, right?" Isaac asked. "This is something brand new. I've got your stories, you've got your job, and that's all we have to go off of. So we're totally gonna look like a bunch of fools when we get started. Isn't that great?"[break][break]

His thumb roamed the back of Cygne's hand, caressing her knuckles just the way he knew Cygne liked. "And that means when we do figure out what the fuck we're doing? Well, that's the first big win on the scoreboard for us."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]378 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:58:32 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg felt like a solar panel, drawing in Isaac’s light, letting it flow to distant parts of her; like the blood in her veins was a trillion little PV cells, heated to motion by his energy and reflected back in kind. It was a bizarre, intoxicating, dangerous feeling, to fit so perfectly together so as to form a chain, a cycle--

--a bond.

She laughed, because he was chaotic and funny, but also because she was filled with an incorporeal bubbling light that she’d never felt before. “Yeah, Elisa’s gonna look at it and probably blow a gasket or something.” She didn’t have her mistress’ hand for growth or cultivation, but she had never shied away from manual labor, which was how all gardens got started, she supposed.

His touch down the back of her hand was stoking, buzzing through her own electrical field; and she had a stunning thought. She responded by tugging him gently to the side, turning him to face her, and shifting forward to kiss him again, free hand coming up to cup his cheek and brush the pad of her thumb over his skin, fingers laced gently against the back of his skull. Because she could do this now, with him. This was a thing that she could do.

Holy shit.

"This is already a win on my scoreboard," she said, voice more like a purr than she intended, but it was fine. That's how she felt inside, anyway, she realized, moving to kiss him again.

⚰︎ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:05:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm sure she's expecting great things. You should've seen how mad she got at the whole iron thumb joke," Isaac teased. "But, again, that's the nice thing about plants, right? You can try again. And the stuff that doesn't work out can go back into the soil to help the next generation, right? So even if it takes a bunch of seasons, in a way the plants end up growing one way or another, right?"[break][break]

It was an oddly zen view of the whole thing. But that was the point of gardening, right? It was a chance to kick back, relax, and let your stresses melt away. It helped that Isaac was standing here, hand in hand, with the biggest source of relaxation in his recent memory. Their relationship, too, had grown in thorny, dangerous fields. Despite that, it blossomed beautifully, pushing towards the sunlight of a tomorrow that hadn't been promised. Were their cruel, neglectful parents, their listless day to day lives, and the traumas that had befallen them pleasant? No, but neither were the dead flowers and Miltank poop that made up any other fertilizer. And yet, through such ugliness, beauty bloomed.[break][break]

Whatever had and Cygne had, Isaac didn't care how long it took to bloom, and how much it had to fight through the flourish. It was real and it was beautiful and he'd shower it in as much love and care as the garden that stretched before them.[break][break]

Clearly, Cygne agreed. After all, she grabbed him and kissed him as if it were the most natural thing in the world. And Isaac nestled his head into the curve of her hand and caressed her lips with soft, gentle kisses of his own. To him, it was the most natural thing in the world, too.[break][break]

"Big words, coming from the biggest win of my life," Isaac teased back, knowing that as soon as he finished speaking Cygne was going to come in for another kiss. With the way her hand was already putting that slightest bit of pressure on the back of his head, and her eyes were practically devouring him whole, he knew it was inevitable. And there was no bigger win than knowing that such affection, from such an important person, was inevitable.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,375 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
urgent
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 21:52:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg laughed. “Yeah, she gets really protective of me. It’s nice. One time she almost attacked a lady in a dressing room because--,” she devolved into laughter “--it’s a long story. Anyway, she’s very protective of me.”

Cyg and Isaac’s view on gardening was quite different from each other’s, with Cyg’s being mostly stress, things I need to keep alive, stress, but maybe with Isaac, it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe things would be different with him-- maybe he’d be able to blunt her edges, make the worries not as sharp.

She shifted to the side, slipping one arm behind him along the line of his hips.

“We can plant stuff later. I kinda don’t wanna… ruin it right now. Can I buy you a drink?”

⚰︎ wearing