Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2019 7:01:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

After leaving the Oldale Town PokeCenter, Thomas immediately set off for Littleroot Town. Call it a walk down memory lane, but Thomas wanted to visit a place tied to some of the best memories he had of the Region. From meeting Bunni the Audino, to hooking up with his girlfriend during a picnic, Route 101 was a place the ex-Interpol Agent associated with happiness. Perhaps it was that he was hoping to find yet another Audino, or any cute Pokemon that could be found on the Route, to add to his collection of pets, or even arsenal of battlers.

Garbed in a green t-shirt, with a brown vest worn over it, blue jeans, a pair of brown boots, Thomas' stroll down the path was casual and slow. Gloved hands would be near his belt of Pokeballs, ready to draw them at a moment's notice. While he was hoping for another encounter like the one he had with Bunni, or all the other Pokemon he befriended on this Route, he also knew how dangerous it could be. Such danger greeted him on his first steps through the path all those months ago, when a Ludicolo attempted to hose him down with a Hydro Pump, with little warning.

tags:
notes: Just a casual stroll

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2019 8:03:05 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/300.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/726.png

"let's see another feint attack, skitty."

skitty was making leaps and bounds in his training, the pretty-faced creature having successfully transitioned from a formerly disowned pet to that of a half-decent fighter. he was a bit sloppy in the execution of his attacks but he was showing signs of improvement.

'i'll give it a few weeks at the most before i bring him along on a mission.'

cait observed the pokemon closely and occasionally corrected him in a gentle way. her torracat served as his sparring partner, the fire-type made to sheathe her claws and limit herself to blows with an open paw as she primly dodged and avoided the normal-type's strikes. 

"
don't go easy on him, girl," she advised. "keep it up.

they had taken to practicing on the edge of the route's well-trodden trail, the girl leaning against a tree and only raising her gaze when she glimpsed what appeared to be a fellow trainer. 

'is that...?' 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 0:58:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SNUBBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / intimidate[break]
payback / play rough / thunder fang / charm
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TSAREENA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / queenly majesty[break]
trop kick / aromatic mist / power whip / stomp
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2019 23:00:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas' attention would quickly be caught by what looked like a Skitty and a Torracat battling. Thomas would stop in his tracks, watching the battle unfold. The Skitty in particular seemed to be learning the ropes of battle, and seemed to be holding its own against the Torracat. The Torracat was restricted to using open-palm strikes, without the use of its claws. As he watched, he would hear a familiar voice calling out to the two felines.

Thomas would spot the green-haired young woman behind the voice. As she turned to face him, Thomas would slowly walk up to her. "It's been a while, Cait.", Thomas called out to the younger woman. "How have things been for you?"

A Snubbull would stumble out of the bushes nearby. The sight of the Skitty and the Torracat battling would immediately set the timid pup on edge. The presence of the Torracat would make the pup especially nervous. It didn't take long for her to turn tail, and head back off into the brush, not wanting to deal with the trouble.

tags:
notes: Passing on Snubbull

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2019 5:18:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/300.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/726.png

"
thomas?"

she hadn't seen him for sometime now, any amount of correspondence between the pair having been restricted to email and little else.

"it has been a while," she said, agreeably. 

her pokemon curiously turned to assess the stranger, their bodies having stiffened for only a moment before they followed their mistress's lead and relaxed within the male's presence.

'i think the last time we met it was someplace in a forest like this one.'

"
how have you been lately?"

cait eyed him curiously, but he didn't look particularly different beneath her gaze. but she supposed her own aesthetic hadn't changed despite her personal developments - not really.

"working hard?"

her torracat's ears twitched in reaction to the rustling of foliage, the feline soon turning toward its source. it wouldn't be long before cait followed their gaze, her brow presently arched. a tsareena emerged within moments, her form tall and limber as she warily eyed the humans and their pokemon.

"a tsareena?

cait appeared to be utterly fascinated by the sight of her.

"i've wanted to add one to my gym for a while now," she remarked.

she glanced at thomas.

"a moment, please. torracat - just as we practiced."

the familiar phrase spurred the feline into action; her body lunging toward the grass-type's as she released a pitched yowl. the pair's skirmish wasn't long nor brief, with the tsareena very nearly felling her cat multiple times over.

'at least she's fast. avoiding those long legs aren't exactly easy.'

both skitty and cait watched on, the latter's eyes lighting up in approval as her fire-type preformed efficiently with instruction. once weakened the tsareena fell to one knee with a huff, her expression pulled into a tight grimace as the freckle-faced gym leader tossed a single capsule.

[ capture attempt on tsareena ! ]  

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2019 3:12:18 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BIBAREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / simple[break]
aqua jet / defense curl / rollout / take down
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BELLSPROUT APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / chlorophyll[break]
vine whip / wrap / stun spore / razor leaf
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2019 0:52:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Cait acknowledged the presence of the former Interpol Agent, he would flash a brief smile at her. "Crazy.", Thomas would tell Cait. Considering her position in the League, he figured she'd have heard about the operation that ended in the extraction of Commissioner Goode, and likely heard of the media circus surrounding footage leaked of the operation itself. "I see. In any case, I wanted to congratulate you on becoming Mauville's Gym Leader.", he'd tell the young woman.

As soon as the Tsareena was spotted, Thomas knew exactly which direction this was headed. If anything, her deciding not to capture the beautiful Grass-type would've been a shock, considering that it was not only her specialty, but an extremely useful Pokemon in general. Thomas would watch the skirmish, which gave him an impressive showing from both sides. Indeed, the Torracat had shown impressive progress in her training, while the Tsareena, despite being Wild, and at an overall disadvantage, showed great strength and promise. With training from Cait, she'd be a proper force of nature.

But before Thomas could congratulate her, a Bibarrel would curl up, tucking herself in like a ball, and rolling towards Thomas at a fast pace. Thomas would spot this, and manage to roll out of the way of the attempted assault, quickly turning to see the Bibarrel smack into a tree.

"Of course.", Thomas muttered, plucking a Pokeball off his belt, and sending out Brutus the Pangoro.

The Pangoro would immediately begin by attempting to smash the large beaver with a Hammer Arm. The Bibarrel, who recovered from the impact with surprising speed, evaded the attack with a quick Aqua Jet, before slamming into the Pangoro with a reckless tackle. The Pangoro would let out a growl, before throwing a quick Bullet Punch at the Bibarel, then following it up with a Hammer Arm. This time, the quick jab would manage to strike the beaver, before the burly arm of the bear would come down on it, causing the Water-type to collapse into unconsciousness.

tags:
notes: Passing on Bibarel

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2019 18:24:28 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"pangoro, huh?"

cait had only just retrieved the capsule containing the tsareena. she'd secure it upon her belt before addressing thomas again. 

"
that's a strong pokemon you've got there," she remarked.

her torracat moved to groom herself, her rough tongue passing over her paw before she used the slick appendage to tame a patch of unkempt and hard to reach fur. her skitty merely settled himself at his peer's side, a puzzled frown upon his face as he mulled over the recent battle. 

"
i have a few dark-type's myself," she said. "it's a - uh - dark-type, right?"

it certainly looked like one - its coloring and bulk causing her to assume as much. either way, it was indubitably intimidating; the beast taller than her by a foot and a handful of inches. 

'it reminds me of ursaring. but she's a little smaller in comparison.' 

"
i have a few dark-types of my own. but they're a little difficult to manage.

no matter how much she tried she still couldn't force herself to grow fond of that particular type of pokemon. they weren't exactly the easiest to work with, their lot comparatively unpredictable in regards to their overall temperament. 

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2019 22:43:02 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CHATOT APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / big pecks[break]
roost / feather dance / hyper voice / chatter / synchronoise
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD DODRIO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / early bird[break]
swords dance / agility / drill peck / jump kick
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2019 1:45:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Thank you. Brutus here is another of my oldest friends. Along with Ripper, he was one of the two Pokemon I trained with all those years ago in Kanto.", Thomas would tell Cait, a smile on his face. "Yes, Fighting and Dark-type.", Thomas responded. When she mentioned that she was having trouble managing some of her Dark-types, he couldn't help but frown for a moment. "Mind if I ask what kind of difficulty they're giving you?"

But before Thomas could continue on, Brutus would feel something coming. A Dodrio would leap at him with a Jump Kick. Brutus would watch, before calmly stepping to the side, and allowing the three-headed bird to collide into the tree behind them. As she reeled in pain upon her knee meeting the tree, Brutus capitalized on the opening, throwing a Bullet Punch at her, before smashing her down with a Hammer Arm. A shocked squawk was all the avian could manage to utter before she was knocked into unconsciousness by the impact of the Hammer Arm.

"Good work, Brutus.", Thomas told the Pangoro, who held out a fist for Thomas, which Thomas gently bumped into with his own. He would then turn back to Cait. "If you'd like, I could try to help you with your Dark-types. Brutus here is far from my only Dark-type, and I've been dealing with them for years now.", Thomas would offer to the younger, yet higher ranking League member.

tags:
notes: Skipping Dodrio

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2019 20:46:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"i'd appreciate the advice."

she appeared pleased by his offering, having only just tugged her gaze away from the confrontation between the dudrio and brutis.

'i'm half-tempted to ask for a battle to see how my pokemon fair against that.'

the thought of going against such a creature proved an exciting one but she decided against propositioning thomas. 

"
my persian and liepard aren't difficult," she said. "but i've always had a thing for cats. i'm just having a hard time bonding with and training the others.

she supposed her drapion was far easier to handle - but she chalked that up to him being simple-minded to an almost dramatic degree. he only ever really cared about food and battle; so much so that cait often considered nicknaming him 'brute' due to his brutish nature.

"
so... your name's been popping up lately," she said.

cait made sure she kept herself outwardly neutral as she eyed thomas, her expression and tone of voice difficult to discern because of it. 

"
have you been alright? or are you just managing?"  

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 0:47:48 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD WHIMSICOTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / infiltrator[break]
moonblast / hurricane / tailwind / cotton spore
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SWIRLIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / sweet veil[break]
light screen / safeguard / wish / energy ball / play rough
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON May 8, 2019 1:58:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I see. It's good that you've got two of them listening to you. I'd like to observe your training sessions with the others, just to get a full picture of what's going on.", he'd tell her. "Would that be alright with you?"

Soon after the battle with the Dodrio, Thomas would spot a Whimsicott stumbling towards him. The species was familiar to the trainer, not only from his years in Unova, but from his girlfriend's ownership of the Pokemon. The fact that it wasn't as lively as one would expect of the species was an immediate red flag. In fact, the creature's movements were rather troubled, and it looked to be visibly ill. Thomas slowly walked up to the creature, who finally stumbled onto its face.

The Kalosian knelt down to get closer to the Grass-type's level. Thomas gently turned the Whimsicott over, noticing that it looked to be badly poisoned. On top of which, the body looked to be badly battered in general. While its wounds would heal in time, it would require proper medical attention if it hoped to recover fully, at least without the risk of being preyed upon by an opportunistic Pokemon in the wild.

With its condition only getting worse by the moment, Thomas knew he had to act fast. "It'll all be over soon, little one.", Thomas reassured the Whimsicott gently. Thomas would fish an Antidote out of his bag. The trainer would spray down the body of the Whimsicott with the treatment. Soon, the Grass-type would be relieved of the poison afflicting it. Its expression would ease as it felt some relief, albeit the creature was clearly exhausted from the ordeal it went through.

Thomas gently offered the Whimsicott a treat. The Whimsicott would weakly take the treat, slowly, yet steadily nibbling on it. "I know it's sudden, but you still don't look too good. If you come with me, I can make sure you make a full recovery. What do you say?", Thomas asked the Whimsicott, pulling out a vacant Pokeball, and awaiting its answer.

Upon getting his answer, he would hear Cait speak to him. With a solemn frown, he'd turn his head towards the green-haired woman. "It's a long story. If it's alright with you, could we talk about it over tea, or drinks? I'd cover, of course.", Thomas would ask Cait.

tags:
notes: Cap attempt on Whimsicott

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON May 13, 2019 10:41:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"you're welcome to my gym. i like to experiment with different flavors when it comes to my brew."

cait had curiously observed the interaction between thomas and the ill whimsicott, easily identifying the various signs that indicated that it had been relentlessly battered by a poisoner. her comrade was kind enough to administer immediate aid, the serum that was evenly distributed upon the marred and irritated flesh of the grass-type managing to do away with the absolute worst of it. 

"
i can treat whimsicott at my gym," she offered. "it's a little far from here - i admit - but i'm sure it'll be fine as long as its properly contained.

her skitty and torracat were promptly returned to the comfortable confines of their respective capsules before she shifted the entirety of her focus back onto thomas. 

"
let's get going. i'd rather get back home before late evening.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Fairy Dust (DW)
POSTED ON May 14, 2019 23:41:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
THOMAS CAPTURES THE WHIMSICOTT!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / infiltrator[break]
moonblast / hurricane / tailwind / cotton spore
[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]
you two receive the following: 15 pokedollars!

[googlefont=Montserrat]