2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 0:02:57 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
this meeting had been surprisingly sudden. she had been directly contacted through a private channel, the message containing information relevant to their present circumstances. her knowledge and ability to produce and process food-based products had resulted in fernando requesting a meeting of sorts with one of his 'assistants'. 

initially, she had been suspicious. but she trusted the source of the message, allowing herself to be pulled from her comfortable cabin to the very edge of her bountiful acreage of land. her property line possessed an over abundance of signs and patrolling pokemon; the divide between what belonged to her and what did not a fairly obvious one. 

she'd greet the stranger with a no-nonsense look about her, the woman dressed casually in a skirt and blouse yet boasting a severe expression. the stress of the recent events had visibly worn her down; as she had a fiancé, children, pokemon and land to defend from the castastrophic force of a meteor. 

"the only reason as to why i'm agreeing to this meeting - " she began, her voice slightly strained. "- 
is because of . i'd have preferred he'd come to me himself instead of sending - "

cait eyed the woman with open suspicion, the hypno at her side stone-faced yet observant. 

"
- ... may i have your name again?

behind her was a great forest with trees that stood tall and proudly - with a clear cut path visible that neatly divided the great plants. 

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
we survive only by our nature
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 22:56:54 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","iseult"]
[attr="class","top"]

field trips had not been common yet in her work, but given her task, she was beginning to make them all around hoenn. she hoped to persuade the region’s capable agriculturists and landowners to contribute what they could in dire times, as thanks to the barrier, food shortages were clear on the horizon.[break][break]

cait alfric’s suspicion was not veiled in the slightest sense, but iseult wasn’t discouraged. this woman was a veteran. one of hoenn’s most capable and war-seasoned, who had retired after honorable service, and surely only wanted to be left in peace to live her life. a warmer welcome would have been surprising.[break][break]

”iseult, ma’am.”[break][break]

she held her a hand out to shake, giving a smile despite the tension she could feel. beyond the woman’s shoulders was a vast property, its marked boundaries stating its abundance on her way in. this was a crucial meeting.[break][break]

”i apologize that mr. silph was not able to make the trip, but your willingness to meet is greatly appreciated. i wish it were under better circumstances.”[break][break]

the council had been especially busy with everything going on, but it went without saying. to bring up the excuse to cait would be to suggest she could not surmise as much herself.
[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rapidash"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".iseult"]--accent:#a192ca; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .iseult blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .iseult blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 4:18:11 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait blinked in response to the woman's words.

"'better circumstances.'"

she gave a snort.

"
right.

the subject is quickly changed and she gestures for iseult to follow. 

"
fernando mentioned something about food production. which makes for an understandable concern considering that we'll no longer receive imported goods. i imagine prices are skyrocketing in the local markets. thank arceus that i'm completely self-sufficient in regards to keeping my family and i fed.

she paused briefly and threw a curious look over her shoulder at the woman.

"
tell me what you need from me. if it's a favor for fernando, i'll consider it."

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 0:13:20 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","iseult"]
[attr="class","top"]

iseult was a little surprised at her response. she assumed the state of their mutual home was a shared troubling circumstance; however, this woman had a family to feed, and was self-sufficient, and she had served the region fiercely already. she wasn’t taking. how could they reasonably ask her give even more?[break][break]

her lips pressed in a polite but weaker smile than before.[break][break]

prices of food skyrocketing had been a great concern to her. to watch it happen on any level was dismaying, but she didn’t comment.[break][break]

”the favor is what mr. silph has already mentioned, then, miss alfric. aid by providing land to an emergency relief effort to counter hoenn’s imminent food shortages. you are located nearly equal distance from what will be two public centers of distribution: mauville and lilycove. your help would be invaluable.”

[newclass=".iseult"]--accent:#a192ca; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .iseult blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .iseult blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".iseult .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 3:33:06 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman appeared taken aback by the request, halting abruptly in her steady march back home to turn toward iseult. 

"absolutely not."

her answer was carried onward by a tone that left very little room for argument.

"
it's the league's responsibility to feed the population. isn't it? i've five-hundred acres  which comfortably accommodates my pokemon. i use only a portion of that to farm for resources. presently a large percentage is going toward my compound of origin - my tribe, to be more specific. while what remains goes toward me and fernando's company.

she paused, politely allowing her immediate response to the request sink in for a moment.

"
the milk, meat, water, vegetation and fruits i produce will go toward these three parties.

cait tilted her chin up as her eyes narrow. 

"
i won't allow my land to be used to ease the league's burden. it's not my responsibility.

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:49:52 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","iseult"]
[attr="class","top"]

the narrowing of green eyes was only met with practiced formality.[break][break]

“i see. then i apologize. i have no intention of asking you to provide land you do not have to spare, nor do i wish to try and convince you to sacrifice more than you already have for this region.”[break][break]

not on behalf of councilman , or anyone else.[break][break]

“however, i would like to leave a thought as humbly as i may: while it is the league’s responsibility to provide for hoenn’s people during this time of crises, it may not be within its power alone.” which would have grave consequences in the worst case scenario, not for the league, but for hoenn's people. survival was key, and cait's reasoning was strong and valid—but faulting an entity for reaching out for crucial help to save lives during the apocalypse was something iseult found unreasonable.[break][break]

she gathered her posture, prepared to move on.[break][break]

“i sincerely hope i've not caused any ill feelings by coming here today. it is by unfortunate necessity that i am out making these rounds.”[break][break]

she gave a polite nod and another small, pressed smile.[break][break]

“you have my deepest respect, miss alfric. thank you for your time.”[break][break]

with that, she turned to leave. she would not stay and harass a veteran. if land was not available here, then that was that.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 5:05:44 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"no, you haven't," cait replied.

her expression remain unchanged as she responded to the woman's concern of being a bother. but her freckle features soon softened as she considered her choice - and the consequences of refusing to provide aid. after all, the idea of children starving due to her unwillingness to help did not sit well with the woman.

"
i will make a compromise. i will allow ten - and only ten acres to be used for the sole purpose of providing resources to hospitals, orphanages and foster homes.

she beckoned the woman to come closer with the curl of her fingers, encouraging her not to leave.

"
i also wish to know more about you. you work for fernando - but i haven't had the pleasure to make your acquaintance. i'd like to invite you to my home for a tea and a small meal so we can talk.

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:40:55 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","iseult"]
[attr="class","top"]

the response, and the softening of the woman’s features was not expected. iseult paused, not yet fully turned to make her leave. she didn’t mean to be rude, she’d merely not meant to overstay her welcome.[break][break]

she nodded, feeling a small swell of success in her chest. something done, at least. for hospitals, orphanages and foster homes? she could live with that.[break][break]

”that is wonderful, miss alfric. you will be compensated, of course.” for it was not so much the lack of funds for these efforts as it was the real resources. They would work out the money—not that the budget was in any excess—but they couldn’t pull fertile land out of their pockets. [break][break]

with an invitation to stay, iseult’s smile warmed a bit more.[break][break]

”that sounds lovely. i will take you up on that, thank you.”[break][break]

and then, she was again walking towards cait as she was beckoned, finding herself a little curious about the story between her and the councilman she worked for. something had bonded them. battle, maybe?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 8:25:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

iseult stepped across the boundary that separated her land from the outside world, having accepted the young mother's invitation. they would press onward into cait's personal domain at a leisurely pace, the former gym leader appearing somewhat lax in the woman's presence. 

"
i assume you personally attend to fernando?"

there was a brief pause followed by an inquiry laden with concern.

"
is he doing alright? has he been eating well?

she hadn't seen the man in-person for a period of time and she naturally worried about his wellbeing. 

"
lord celebi has been terribly worried about him - and so have i.

close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
division . [ private ]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 1:49:39 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","iseult"]
[attr="class","top"]

as cait led the way further onto the property, iseult looked across the beautiful expanse beyond their path. it was impressive and tranquil, and reminded her of the farmland near her home in kalos. such peace was unobtainable in the typical city. fortree was a special place, in its own right.[break][break]
”sometimes. i began as an assistant to councilman black, but my duties have since expanded to the rest of the council.” there was much to be done for the region’s decision-makers, and the obligations only continued to pile on. she was level-headed, and good at her job as a helping hand. [break][break]
cait’s concern only piqued her curiosity a little more, if only to possess the knowledge of what threads held such significant powers in the region together.[break][break]
”i believe he’s doing well, all things considered. as for his diet, i’m afraid i can’t speak much on it.” she chuckled lightly, ”i have brought him sandwiches after witnessing his powdered lunches, though. i don’t think he slows down much.”