Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Good Pokemon [DOAND mission]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 3:13:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"...And this is the Pokemon given as protection." Kaida couldn't help but smile as she called the assigned Pokemon forwards, a Hoothoot.

A nocturnal Pokemon, and one that had a distinct hoot to its name, the little owl was perfect for warding off petty crime. It wouldn't stave off hard Rocket attack, but the uptick in crime meant Kaida couldn't go around giving every small shop a Houndoom...especially as hard as they were to train.

At the store owner's confused look, Kaida backed off, looking towards her partner for the mission. A trainer, likely to make the whole situation more approachable. "They're easy to train...uh, Vasi? Could you show it's fine?" She had been told most civilians were overwhelmed by being given a sudden Pokemon, but a trainer could make the training seem easier.

Note: First time Heal Bell mission

close tab

played by

Dead G

Vee
He/him
8 4
Slateport
Pan
Trainer
Cadet
Carrie
Widowed
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
Vasi Harper DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vasi
Vasi Harper
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 0:49:29 GMT
Vasi Harper Avatar

He'd been asked to help shopkeepers that had been having trouble with petty crime as of late, one of the ways they seemed to be offering help was to give out pokemon that could help. He was behind the lady he was assigned to work with, in his home town but it'd been years since he'd been here so he knew very few people. As many had fled the city or were caught up in its destruction but he shook that off as the lady addressed him, in hopes of making the store owner feel less odd about the sudden gift.

"She is correct, Hoothoot are quite easy to work with. And quite smart, they'll help keep an eye on your store while you're not here as they mostly prefer the nighttime. Their presence will also deter any non human pests as well, so don't worry too much about it. Give them something to eat every so often, ask them to look after the shop and things should be fine" expressed Vasi in a pleasant and casual tone.

Nothing that he said was a lie, while they could be friendly. Hoothoots could still deter most pest pokemon and lower level crooks, plus they'd be forewarned of their arrival due to their sensory abilities. They were a pretty smart choice to give to store owners that weren't open at night, and weren't hard to connect with.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 17:48:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The explanation was good enough, Kaida thought. There were no lies, and she couldn't say there was anything else she would have added. There was only one problem as the shopkeeper still looked downtrodden.

"Feed it. Feed it what? Nothing's coming in recently, if I'm already worried about myself, how can I care for a Pokemon?"

There it was. The makeshift embargo Hoenn was suffering through made everything more difficult.

"...It should be fine." She wasn't even sure she was lying, or telling the truth, "Supplies are being sent all over, and I will make sure they reach here." Supplies disappeared from attacks all the time recently. She couldn't allow it to happen when there was a bunch of new mouths to feed.

close tab

played by

Dead G

Vee
He/him
8 4
Slateport
Pan
Trainer
Cadet
Carrie
Widowed
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
Vasi Harper DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vasi
Vasi Harper
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 23:17:10 GMT
Vasi Harper Avatar

He'd forgotten about that fact, sure his town was doing okay since they were in the mountains and had their own food growing in farms and the wild. But in places that relied too much on imported goods, like Slateport did. They were having some serious trouble, his out of the loop time didn't help this fact so he rubbed the back of his head briefly before adding his peace once more.

"Don't worry, Hoothoot are prey pokemon and will likely eat the pests that try to come to or near your store. I know not everyone knows that pokemon eat each other or at least thinks about it but Hoothoot should easily be able to grab rodents and bugs that might be around" added Vasi hoping that helped relieve the man's tension about the bird.

Vasi was glad that the League wasn't leaving Slateport in the lurch with all that happened, and while he had been born in this town. It had been some time since he'd been here so it was good to know he was paying the place back, for all it had done for him in the past even if it was only a little at a time.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 3:53:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida flinched as her partner explained...alternate methods of feeding the new Pokemon, expecting backlash or horror. Instead, they got wide eyes and a hurried nod. "Oh, ok...I-I'll try and make sure it stays healthy then." The Hoothoot looked to its new owner, said owner waved with just a bit of trepidation, and patted it on the head.

It looked like it might work out?

---

"Thank you." Kaida spoke outside the store, looking at the new pair through the window, "I didn't want to mention prey because most humans hate the idea...they like to think Pokemon only eat kibble. I guess they're changing."

Her own Pokemon satisfied themselves, only recently had she started buying lots of food, preparing for the inevitable shortage and attempting to reduce her team's effects on the wild populations.