October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
A Gemstone Shining In the Rough
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 21:31:25 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
I have no idea how to format this, so here we go:

I'm looking for someone to play 's younger sister, Jade. I've NPC'd her a couple of times (most notably here), but I want to do more with the sisters plot-wise.

Jade, currently 16 years old, was born blind. Given the dangerous nature of her home region, Orre, her parents thought it would be best if she were raised in an environment that wasn't overrun with crime syndicates. An undetermined number of years ago (at least by early 2019), the Garcias moved to Verdanturf in Hoenn to start fresh. The full story can be found in Ruby's app, but importantly, Jade sustained spinal damage during the Ultra Beast War that paralyzed her from the waist down. Whether that was temporary or permanent shall be left up to the player.

Jade currently lives in a Mossdeep apartment with Ruby, who's essentially been raising her for the past two years. Their mother is likely still somewhere in Verdanturf; Ruby has cut all ties with her, but whether or not Jade has will also be left up to her player. Generally, Jade is the quiet, bookish type who wants to do well in school so she can help support what's left of her fractured family when she grows up. Her love of mythology has given her and Ruby a habit of naming their Pokémon after legendary deities, monsters, heroes, etc. Two of her Pokémon have appeared or been mentioned in her canon so far: Atlas the Machamp, who helps/helped around the house when Jade became paralyzed, and Camazotz the Zubat, whom Ruby caught for Jade back in Orre. You don't have to use these Pokémon, and I'm open to suggestions/retcons if needed.

Other than that and her expressed love and appreciation for her sister, I want to leave Jade's personality fairly open. With Ruby abandoning her budding career in breeding and training service Pokémon to do "freelance work," there are a lot of possibilities. Is Jade truly ignorant of what Ruby is really doing? Does she suspect that Ruby is involved in shady activities like she was back in Orre? Has she somehow discovered the truth? And how will she feel if she does know? Understanding? Disappointed? Angry? Will she want to join Rocket despite Ruby's best attempts to dissuade her, or will they end up on opposite sides of the faction conflict?

Her life isn't just about Ruby, though. What does she want to do with her life now that she's approaching adulthood? How does she deal with her disability and the stigma that comes with it? Is her well-mannered personality truly who she is or just a mask? What kinds of friends does she want to have? How is she coping with her family falling apart? There's probably plenty more I'm not thinking of, too.

UPDATE: Tensions have been rising between the sisters behind the scenes as Ruby tries to keep her Rocket involvement secret, but Jade's no idiot.

For the face claim, I prefer Quelaag's sister from Dark Souls. The Garcia sisters were created based on this fanart of them, after all. If you want to use a different FC, just let me know!

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread or tag/DM me on Discord (Alicia Jewel#6642).