Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
IT'S UN-RAINING MEN (FISH)
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 1:40:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]This easily had to be Isaac's worst Splashfest idea. Which was saying a lot, considering his bag of tricks so far.[break][break]

But what else could you call his attempts at getting an early preview of the fishing game like this? He and Flapjack were currently beneath the rolling waves of Slateport Beach, keeping an eye on the fish as they migrated through the area. The dense thicket of kelp they were nestled within kept them nice and hidden, preventing any fish from spotting them and making an early exit.[break][break]

It turned out, however, that this plan wasn't quite as flawless as Isaac had hoped. Waiting around for fish underwater was kind of like waiting around for fish above the water. However, it was a lot wetter and harder to breathe. Fishing already required patience (not Isaac's strong suit), but this was ridiculous! Isaac knew he couldn't wait around like this forever.[break][break]

Luckily, inspiration hit him like a bolt of lightning. What if, hypothetically, he already threaded some bait onto his fishing rod? And then, hypothetically, he let his line drift away into the wild blue yonder? It'd be just like normal fishing, but in reverse! He'd be like a particularly flexible Lanturn, casting its lure away at great distances to snag even the pickiest of Pokemon.[break][break]

Isaac saw absolutely no flaw with this plan. And, sure enough, after getting it into gear he already had a bite. Pulling on the reel was a lot harder with having to fight through the water, but the pressure bubble from Diving helped quite a bit. Slowly but surely, he began pulling in his first catch, eyes widening with excitement as he beheld just what water type was being brought in towards him.[break][break]

p6HneXkY

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 3:15:02 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Of all the things she could be doing right now, Ruby couldn't believe it was fishing.

[break][break]Normally, she wouldn't even consider just sitting on the shore, fishing line dipped in the water, waiting for some oblivious fish to swim up and bite on the hook. But Jade had wanted to fish. Specifically, she'd wanted to fish with Ruby so they could have some quality sister time while Ruby had some time off "work." And dammit, how could Ruby say no to that?

[break][break]The sisters chatted as they waited for something to bite. Ruby sat in a fold-out chair while Jade sat next to her in her wheelchair, its wheels locked and Atlas the Machamp standing by in case something happened. Ruby listened as Jade talked about the books she'd read, the shows and radio dramas she'd listened to, the time she'd spent with her friends, her thoughts about school this coming year, and so on. When Jade probed Ruby for conversation topics, the redhead carefully picked from her recent jobs to avoid anything that sounded too criminal or dangerous and sometimes had to make up details. It wasn't like she could just openly talk about Rocket business. Not with Jade.

[break][break]"Oh!" the younger girl suddenly exclaimed. "I think I got a bite!" Indeed, her rod shook, and the bobber had gone under the water. Ruby watched as she began to reel it in.

[break][break]
Q5hjUNkk
[break]

"Got it!" Jade exclaimed when she heard her catch break the surface. "Hmm, it doesn't feel too heavy..." Atlas stepped forward to grab ahold of the line and the Pokémon on it.

[break][break]Ruby laughed. "That is the smallest Huntail I've ever seen!"

[break][break]Atlas placed the eely Pokémon into Jade's outstretched hands so she could feel it. "Oh!" She giggled. "It is quite small, isn't it? Could you put it in the tank, Atlas?" Atlas nodded and placed the indignant Huntail into the large tank the girls had set aside for their catches. The rules said they could only keep one, but they could at least enjoy them for a little while before the end of the event.

[break][break]"Whoa!" Ruby suddenly shouted at a hard tug on her own line. She started to reel it in, only to be met with immense resistance. "Gh, this thing's a fighter!" She grunted as she pulled on the rod, but the force suddenly pulled her out of her chair with a startled cry. Atlas was quick to act, grabbing Ruby's shoulders with two arms and using the others to help her pull on her fishing line. The Machamp's great strength made it much easier to reel in whatever this behemoth was. It didn't feel like a Wailord or anything crazy like that, but it must have been one big, tough fish!

[break][break]"Are you all right?" Jade asked. "What's happening?"

[break][break]"I'm okay! Just got a big, tough one. C'mon, Atlas, pull!"

[break][break]Human and Pokémon tugged at Ruby's command, finally forcing their catch to breach the surface. At first, it just looked like a Mantine. But then, something else rose with it.

[break][break]"Isaac?!" Ruby shouted. "What the fuck, you're not a fish!"

[break][break]"Did... Did you catch a person?" Jade asked. Then, with a mischievous little smile, she added, "Also, language."

[break][break]Atlas chuckled behind Ruby.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

[attr="class","rubynotes"]

notes.

• 8/15: Extra-small Huntail

[attr="class","rubypokes"]

[newclass=.ruby] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby i] color: #7b6678; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubytag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubytag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubynotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7b6678; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubyw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.ruby span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubypokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7b6678; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubypokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:11:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac hadn't expected to be snared right by the shirt as he was concocting his little scheme. He surely hadn't expected that little snag to turn into a full fledged pull. And he definitely didn't expect to lose the resulting tug of war, being yoinked out of the water by none other than Ruby Garcia.[break][break]

"What the fu-rick yourself?" Isaac asked, coughing and sputtering as his throat tried to remember what oxygen felt like. Flapjack, who had been reeled in alongside Isaac, elected to help by bashing him on the back with a wing attack. It left him faceplanted in the sand, but at least it also forced the water out of his lungs. "You are way too strong for someone so short. That's just not fair."[break][break]

Nevertheless, Isaac pried himself off of the shore and stood to his feet. There was only a little bit of wobbling along the way. "Anyway, you picked a really good spot. Trust me, Flapjack and I saw for ourselves," he said. In surprisingly nonchalant fashion for a man who had just gotten reeled in, he cast his own line to give the water another test.[break][break]

Uo0QBrqd[break][break]

"So! What brings you out here? And actually socializing, too. It's like I don't even know you anymore," Isaac joked. He turned to Ruby's sister, flashing her a winning smile. "I'm Isaac, by the way. Nice to meet ya."[break][break]

Luckily for Ruby, even Isaac wasn't stupid enough to be loud and proud about his Rocket affiliation. Her secret would be safe with him . . . probably.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:53:14 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Isaac Merlo was being a better influence on Ruby's sister than Ruby herself when it came to not swearing. How dare he.

[break][break]She grinned at Isaac's comment on her strength. "Jealous?"

[break][break]"Didn't Atlas help you?" Jade asked.

[break][break]"Only a little!" Ruby blushed indignantly as Jade giggled to herself. Atlas took a moment to flex before returning to his trainer's side. Jade had already cast her line again and was patiently waiting for another bite.

[break][break]"So, what, you were scouting underwater for fish?" Ruby asked. "Heh, not your smartest idea with a bunch of hooks dangling around."

[break][break]"You're not hurt, are you?" Jade asked. Ruby was pretty sure he was fine, judging by how nonchalant he was being about being the catch of the day. He was even already casting his line! And joking around about Ruby actually socializing for once. With a deep frown, Ruby cast her own line out into the water.

[break][break]
c4v253tS

[break]Argh. There really wasn't any getting around this, was there? She tried to keep her deep breath through her nose quiet. "This is my sister, Jade."

[break][break]Jade smiled in Isaac's direction, her clouded eyes not quite meeting his. "It's a pleasure," she said. "I'm afraid Ruby hasn't mentioned you before, though."

[break][break]"We've worked together a few times," Ruby said. She flashed Isaac a look, one that was both a threat and a plea to not talk about the specifics.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/16: Average Wishiwashi

[newclass=.ruby] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubytag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubytag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubynotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7b6678; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubypokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7b6678; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubypokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 1:16:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oof. Caught lying by your own sister. That's rough, buddy," Isaac said. At this point his smirk was full on devilish. How often did he get the chance to tag team sass Ruby like that? A lot of the other grunts found her kind of scary, but being her sister must have given Jade diplomatic immunity. Of course, Isaac may not have been so lucky; he might be in for a double helping of Ruby rage if he isn't careful![break][break]

That said, she seemed more in the mood for gentle sass today. Considering her sister was around, Isaac wasn't surprised. God knows he was always on his tiptoes around Elliot to try and serve as a good example. It helped that she seemed like a good egg. Heck, she was even asking if Isaac was okay. "Oh, I'm in immense pain," he joked, voice deadpan as he tipped his hook back into the waters. "Everything's going black. You're gonna have to bandage me up, Ruby."[break][break]

Clearly, he wasn't in any urgent danger. After all, his hook was dipping down into the water for another go.[break][break]

bUQKOAqq[break][break]

As he waited for a bite, he learned that Ruby had never told Jade about him before. "Aww, you kept me your secret? I'm honored," Isaac joked. "Trust me. You're not missing out on much. If Ruby hasn't mentioned much about our job, it's because it is a terminal bore. She's just trying to stop your brain from crying uncle and running right out of your ears." See? Now that's how you escape a conversation! Everybody craved a mystery to unravel. Nobody was out to be bored.[break][break]

"But, hey. Enough about us. How are you doing, Jade?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 2:10:35 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

"I didn't lie! I just didn't mention it, that's all." Ruby sounded awfully defensive for someone who had just lied, even if only by omission. But who had time for technical terms like that? Not Ruby, that was for sure. At least Jade was getting a kick out of Ruby's humiliation. That meant Isaac was safe... for now. Though Ruby did toss him a "Gross" at his suggestion that she bandage him up before tossing her line back in.

[break][break]
oZoPe2uZ

[break]Luckily, Jade easily picked up on Isaac's sarcasm, even if she couldn't physically see that he wasn't bleeding all over the place. "I'm glad you're all right," she said.

[break][break]Isaac's quip about being Ruby's secret earned him a glare from Ruby and a more scandalized look from Jade, but the latter died down when she realized that he was just teasing again. Jade smiled at his description of her brain flying the coop out of sheer boredom. "You must help keep things lively, then," she said.

[break][break]"That's one way to put it," Ruby mumbled just loud enough to be heard. She didn't have the heart to go any further, though. She could have said something about how she had to choose between being bored and being annoyed, but with the things she and Isaac had seen and talked about together, that was harder than it should have been.

[break][break]Jade seemed surprised that she was being addressed again. "Oh, I'm doing well. I'm glad I have the chance to spend time with Ruby like this. Her work keeps her away sometimes. Are you a freelancer like she is?"

[break][break]That was the excuse that Ruby had used since joining Team Rocket: She took up various odd jobs to pay the bills and called it "freelancing" to make it sound more official. Sometimes, those jobs required her to stay out of town for a few days, but they were always worth the cash, and she always tried to make time for Jade or buy her a present afterwards. Jade had gone along with it so far, but sometimes, Ruby wondered if she suspected her work's true nature. She was a smart kid, after all.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/17: Extra-large Lanturn

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 1:49:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Heh. I sure as hell do my best," Isaac said, a smirk on his face. He was a shit-stirrer and rabble-rouser, and y'know what? He was damn proud of it. Life was too short to just spend your life in monotonous service to a criminal organization. The least he could do was mix things up and keep them interesting.[break][break]

Apparently, this was one of a few rare occasions where Ruby got to spend time with her younger sister. Considering she'd never mentioned a sister before, Isaac wasn't surprised. Hell, considering Isaac was walking a mile in Ruby's shoes, he really had no leg to stand on. At least Ruby was spending time with her sibling. Isaac still didn't even have the guts to face his own. Sneak back home and drop off gifts sometimes, but actually talk? That was another thing entirely.[break][break]

"I'm glad you've got the chance, too. Family's important," Isaac said, lying as easily as he breathed. For him, family was a bad memory better left forgotten. But he wasn't going to drag down some perfectly good sisterly bonding by being a total downer. If anything, Isaac was glad to hear Ruby had someone in her life she could depend on.[break][break]

Speaking of lying, what did Ruby say their job was? A freelancer? Oh, this was the perfect setup. Isaac had been a freelancer (read as: vagrant with nothing better to do) for the last four years! He didn't even have to lie about that kind of thing! "Not to brag, but you're talking to an expert freelancer here," Isaac said, an easy grin on his face as he kicked back, relaxed, and checked on his fishing line.[break][break]

2KyvOn5K[break][break]

"Yep. Been doing this for the last few years, and no signs of stopping here," Isaac said. "You got a problem on your hands, and no idea what the heck you're even looking at? There's a good chance if I haven't seen it before, I've got what it takes to at least bumble my way through handling it."[break][break]

Gorebyss - 85 (Large)[break]
Bruxish - 71 (Average)[break]
Horsea - 48 (Average)[break]
Horsea - 4 (Extra Small!)[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 2:16:22 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

It wasn't that getting to spend time with her sister was a rare thing, per se. Hell, Ruby made sure she was home as often as she could be so as to not leave a blind, paraplegic 16-year-old alone at home with her Pokémon. It'd be a hell of a lot easier if their mother actually did her damn job, too.

[break][break]Jade's smile grew bittersweet when Isaac said that family was important. "Yes," she said quietly. "It really is, isn't it?"

[break][break]Ruby, meanwhile, put on a sour scowl as she cast her line again. Unlike Isaac, she seemed to have no qualms about airing her grievances toward a certain someone. "Yeah, well, not everyone thinks that..."

[break][break]
dR1YoUjO

[break][break]Jade seemed to hesitate for a moment. "That's why you have to hold onto what you have, right?"

[break][break]"Yeah," Ruby said. "You hold on, and you don't let go just 'cause things suck." Ah, dammit, she was starting to get sappy in front of Isaac. "You two catch anything good? I still think that tiny Huntail is great." That, at least, brought a smile back to her face.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/18: Extra-small Mantine

[newclass=.rubypokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 2:52:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Somehow, out of all of the things Ruby had ever said to him, that one hurt the most.[break][break]

Not that his family needed to hold on. If anything, him holding on would've made it suck even more. They didn't need a reminder of the black mark on their family. Not their father, who resented him for his mere existence and made that fact very, very clear. Not their mother, who had gotten him into this whole damn mess in the first place.[break][break]

Certainly not his little brother. Sure, he was the only member of the family that actually gave half a shit about Isaac. In fact, he cared about Isaac. A lot. But, damnit, that just made it all the worse. Did his little brother need to be tied down to someone like him? Someone with no hopes, no goals, no potential? Someone whose shadow would just limit his brother's growth, no matter how much brighter he could be shining? Someone who, thanks to his Rocket associations, was now actively trouble?[break][break]

That's right. He had Rocket associations now. And he had friends among those associations, even some surprisingly close ones. He had mentors among those, too, whether genuinely interested in his progress or just seeing a diamond surrounded by some rather annoying rough. For fuck's sake, he had Cygne. Who was he to let those thoughts creep back into his head? Who was his family to poison his mind with those thoughts in the first place? He didn't need them! He didn't need any of them! And maybe, just maybe, one day he'd find the strength to preserve what few bonds he did wish to keep.[break][break]

Perhaps Ruby and Jade would hear the half-muttered, half-exuberant "fuck dads" as Isaac pulled his latest catch from the water. Or maybe all of the splashing would cover it up. Who knew?[break][break]

Ruby's question would be answered by a massive Gorebyss that breached through the waves. Compared to the incredibly tiny Horsea that sat next to it, the contrast was all the more hilarious. "This count?" Isaac asked. " 'Cause, dang, that is one big fish."

Ie|8mBcs

[break][break]

Horsea - 4 (Extra Small!)
Gorebyss - 93 (DYNAMAX!)[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 4:05:46 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

If only Ruby could say the same as Isaac about her Rocket associations. Sure, she'd worked with a few she'd gotten along surprisingly well with, but that was... well, mostly business, at least. The closest thing she had to a mentor was a Rocket Beast who was probably going to beat some sense into her Garchomp. But to her, that was the way it was supposed to be. Letting people get close would just give them an opening to stab her in the back or, Arceus forbid, find out about Jade and try to get her involved in all this. Hell, Ruby was already planning just what to say to Isaac once Jade was out of earshot. It was something along the lines of, "If you mention my sister to anyone, I'll rip your guts out and strangle you with them." (Hey, just because she tolerated Isaac didn't mean he wasn't immune to her Protective Big Sis Instincts.)

[break][break]She was too deep in her own thoughts to hear Isaac's muttered declaration. But Jade, with her sharper hearing, gasped in a sharp yet quiet inhale through parted lips. At first, she was worried Ruby had heard and that she would lash out, overcome by anguish that she only knew how to redirect to anger. But it seemed the sounds of the ocean had drowned out the words in her older sister's ears. The tension was pressed out of her by the weight of momentary grief. It had been two years since their father had been taken from them, but it still stung all the same.

[break][break]"Holy sh—crap!" Ruby exclaimed. "That thing is huge!"

[break][break]Jade forced herself back to the present, drawn back by that exclamation and a gentle hand on her shoulder from Atlas. The Machamp had been specifically trained to help Jade with physical work around the house, but he had a knack for picking up on her feelings, too.

[break][break]"What is it?" Jade asked.

[break][break]"It's a giant Gorebyss! I bet the little guy over there is jealous."

[break][break]Indeed, the tiny Huntail looked straight-up offended by the Gorebyss's mere existence.

[break][break]
LFKOwSvq

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/18: Extra-small Mantine
  • 8/19: Average Goldeen

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 20:54:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Huh? Ruby's sister seemed a little troubled by something. Isaac shot her a brief look of concern, but didn't push the issue right away. Some people took time to process what was weighing on them, and didn't want their moods to be immediately dragged up to the surface.[break][break]

Besides, Isaac had other stuff he needed to drag up. Like that massive Gorebyss. Isaac snickered a little at the poor, tiny Huntail's offended glare. "I swear. You never realize how much Pokemon sizes vary til you see it for yourself," Isaac said. "There's a guy I know with a Jolteon that's big enough to ride on. Can you even imagine that?"[break][break]

Speaking of, another bite on the hook! Time to see who was up next. And hoo boy, this one was a fighter. Isaac was straining his everything just trying to bring this fish to the surface. There were times where the line was trembling up a storm, as if one wrong move would leave it snapping in half. Isaac's knuckles were white. His eyes were squeezed shut. And with all of his might, he tugged his catch to the surface.[break][break]

bqPoc6Wt[break][break]

Isaac looked at the literal pocket sized Remoraid that he had just pulled up. He could only blink rapidly, as if trying to see where the real fish that he was struggling with had been hiding. And then his eyes swept over towards Ruby, because Isaac just knew she was going to be laughing up a storm over this.[break][break]

Well, on the bright side, now he knew how Hank Winters felt.[break][break]

Horsea - 4 (Extra Small!)[break]
Gorebyss - 93 (DYNAMAX!)[break]
Remoraid - 3 (Extra Small)

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 21:28:01 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Jade relaxed a bit now that the potential danger had passed. As much as she truly loved her sister and appreciated everything she did—everything she sacrificed—for her, her temper wasn't exactly the best. At least with people who weren't Jade. Sometimes, she felt like Ruby was harboring anger toward having to take care of her little sister and took it out on others. And though she knew, logically, that Ruby had no reason to be mad at Jade herself... sometimes she couldn't help but wonder.

[break][break]"Aren't Jolteon normally, what, two or three feet?" Ruby asked. "That one must be huge."

[break][break]At least she seemed to be in a better mood now. As annoyed as she'd seemed by Isaac's unexpected appearance, he had a way of lightening the mood. Even if, ironically, he'd been the cause of Jade's own dampened spirits.

[break][break]"They're fast, too, aren't they?" Jade asked. "Riding it must be quite the challenge, as well."

[break][break]Once Isaac had pulled up his hard-fought catch, Ruby burst into laughter. "That tiny Remoraid gave you all that trouble? Hey, just goes to show you shouldn't underestimate the little guys, huh?" She gave him a playful punch on the arm. "That or you really need to work out more."

[break][break]
g6_foia5

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/15: Extra-small Huntail (6)
  • 8/16: Average Wishiwashi (44)
  • 8/17: Extra-large Lanturn (87)
  • 8/18: Extra-small Mantine (3)
  • 8/19: Average Goldeen (52)
  • 8/20: Average Horsea (29)

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 20:28:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Guy showed me a pic. And, uh, yeah. It was huge alright," Isaac said. "If I don't know any better, I'd think it was photoshopped. But, nope, guy said it was real. Though it sounds like it was bred that way, and that had some . . . consequences." He cringed a little as he remembered hearing what happened with that poor Jolteon's claws, and how until it received some proper implants it couldn't even turn or battle properly.[break][break]

With how their earlier talk about service Pokemon went, Isaac wisely decided not to say more. No righteous indignation in front of the little sister! Instead, he distracted himself with another tug on his fishing rod.[break][break]

mgxBIPvv[break][break]

At the mention of fast, Isaac found himself snickering a bit. "Oh boy. If you think that was bad, you should've seen what it was like riding on the back of an Extreme-Speeding Dragonair," he said. "It was a blast! Until the part where I almost fell off and died, but, eh. Semantics."[break][break]

Ruby's teasing got Isaac rolling his eyes a little. "Yeah, okay, sure. Not like I wasn't already living proof of that or anything," he joked. That's right, Ruby. He was going to beat you to the punch when it came to teasing him about his height! And there wasn't anything you could do about it![break][break]

Despite that, he still couldn't help but smirk a bit at the teasing punch to the arm. "Hey, clearly you've got more than enough muscle for both of us," he joked. "But if you have to know, I've actually been getting some martial arts practice in. So, hey. If you're not careful, I might even catch up!" Not that the counter and agility based style Zev had been showing him was much of a gains machine. But Ruby didn't need to know that.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:34:28 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Out of context, seeing a pic of something "huge" would have sounded bad. Ruby might have made a crass joke about it had Jade not been right there. Though Isaac's mention of consequences had her frowning. "Consequences?" she asked. She knew some Pokémon could develop health problems based on how they were bred. Maybe it was something like that?

[break][break]Ruby had to double-take at Isaac's Dragonair-riding anecdote. "You almost fell off and died, and you call that 'semantics'? I'm calling Tauros waste."

[break][break]"Still, Extreme Speed on a Dragonair... I think I'm happy not knowing what that feels like," Jade said, smiling nervously.

[break][break]Ooh, dang, Isaac beat Ruby to the punch... against himself? Never mind, thinking too hard about that was going to give her a headache. But he was apparently doing martial arts now? "Oh, I've got to see that," she said. Ruby wasn't trained in any, herself—she usually relied on brute strength and experience—but maybe she should look into it. Not because she was worried Isaac would actually beat her or anything; it'd just be a good way to get her own strength up. Plus, she could probably use a hobby that wasn't just being pissed off 90% of the time...

[break][break]
cSHAj|A4

[break]"Holy—!" Ruby stopped the swear from exiting her mouth and instead focused on reeling in. This was a big one, but Ruby was determined to show off her bragged-about strength! She hauled her catch up from the ocean. "That is a big Huntail!"

[break][break]"Good work!" Jade cheered, voice as gentle as ever.

[break][break]The tiny one... actually seemed to recognize this big guy? It looked excited to see it, at least.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• 8/15: Extra-small Huntail (6)
  • 8/16: Average Wishiwashi (44)
  • 8/17: Extra-large Lanturn (87)
  • 8/18: Extra-small Mantine (3)
  • 8/19: Average Goldeen (52)
  • 8/20: Average Horsea (29)
  • 8/21: DYNAMAX Huntail (94)

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 13:45:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Well. If Ruby still harbored that dream of being a breeder, she might as well get a little glimpse of the ugly, too. "Poor thing was bred for nothing but speed," Isaac said, voice dropping to a hushed whisper. "Claws too small and thin for defending itself, or moving in any way but really fast, really straight forward. Basically needed prosthetics to function in any other way."[break][break]

Honestly, Isaac was amazed the Jolteon even wanted to race after that. If his ankles exploded due to factors outside of his control, he would've demanded to retire in the lap of luxury and live out the rest of his days getting pampered. Was it cruelty to re-equip it and send it right back into action? Or was it giving a Pokemon that refused to stay down another shot at its dream? If the Pokemon was bred to find purpose in one single thing, were those two things one in the same?[break][break]

Ugh. Philosophy made everything taste purple.[break][break]

At Ruby's doubt, Isaac simply flashed her another winning smile. "C'mon. You can't tell me you're surprised at this point," Isaac said. " 'Sides, I'm still here, aren't I? I could be almost a lot of things, but it doesn't change the here and now." That meant it was all semantics in the end. Sure, it was very important semantics, because being "almost dead" was kind of a big deal! But ultimately it had no bearing on today.[break][break]

His winning smile took a turn for the devilish at her next words. "Do you, now? Cause you're here, I'm here, and I'm always happy to show off a trick or two," he said. Look at Mr. Got A Handful Of BJJ Lessons here, acting like he had any right to show off. But some was better than none, and Isaac wasn't about to just admit to Ruby that he was still a beginner.[break][break]

That could wait, though. It was fish time! The massive Gorebyss Isaac had caught nodded sleepily in recognition of its fellow Long Fish, then went back to observing the rest of Isaac's teeny-tiny school. Speaking of, Isaac's own rod was twitching! Which teeny-tiny fish would join the fun today?[break][break]

w9CTxHF0

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·