noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 4:15:54 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

REFERENCE THREAD

THIS NOTE WAS ADDED ON 12/11/2023 BY SHIV

ROCKET INVASION: FALLARBOR THREAD: CLICK HERE

this is his doing.

this is his legacy.

people are littered through the crowded streets. most are in a frenzy panic, rushing as they shoulder and barge through the rest to make their frightened escape. some are more collected and choose to stand their ground. no matter how noble it may be, silas can't help but think of them as idiotic pests who won't accept their inevitable fate.

in front of him stands his luxray who stalks with a familiar swagger to his movements. the ELECTRIC TERRAIN seeps through the soles of his paws, flowing along his entire body as it fuels him. DISCHARGE eliminates one, two league officers and their pokemon in one hit, both electrifying and electrocuting.

noivern has free reign over the town with his endless BOOMBURSTS that ring and pierces through the streets, bouncing off of concrete as it echoes along narrow pavements. he soon lands and perches atop one of the buildings, wings tucking into his body as his ears perk up in preparation.

luxray stops, too.

"what is it?"

in front of them stands a league officer. as perceptive as silas may be, the officer is not worth anything for him to remember seeing him at the docks in the earlier invasion. but it doesn't change the fact that the luxray recognizes the manectric.

"oh." 

so that little shit is responsible for almost killing his precious luxray. there's no need for talk. without even looking up, silas is prepared.

whistle.

noivern's DRAGON PULSE booms towards the manectric and its trainer.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 23:26:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there simply was too much happening. although he tried, there was no containing the chaos. he knew this was a losing fight from the start, but he couldn't find himself to abandon his hometown easily.

herbs from 's storage was told to be effective. he already has half of his team under their effects within their respective pokeballs. he wasn't sure if he could use them immediately in battle, but he'll have to make do until back-up arrives, if there would even be any.

he was on his way to rusturf tunnel to cut the problem from the source when his manectric snarls at a direction. a bark from his mightyena tells kyle it was urgent, turning his head quick enough to spot the incoming attack

"me first!" he commands the mightyena.

the dragon pulse gets another dragon pulse in response. the two attacks would collide and eventually cancel out.

the manectric remains his eyes at a different subject than the noivern however. she recognizes the luxray. kyle doesn't piece the information together just yet, but he knows the one he was looking at was part of the problem.

he pauses, trying to assess the situation. his adherence to reality was always what kept him grounded. league's numbers were falling one by one. a second of doubt stops him from issuing an attack right away.

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2019 0:59:58 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
a second of doubt might prove to be kyle's downfall.

noivern's booming DRAGON PULSE is cancelled out by a mirror attack of the same caliber. no surprise is evoked, however, as that was never the point of the attack. it acted as a distraction for noivern to shift his weight off the building, curving down before shooting straight towards the mightyena.

TAILWIND blurs the dragon-type's true speed as he latches on to the mightyena, sharp talons digging in as he attempts a SUPER FANG.

"why aren't you running?"

heroism is not an uncommon thing but it is foolish, and silas will make the officer regrets his choice because unlike the league, silas is not chained by the morality of what's right or wrong.

hidden under the burning yellow of electricity, luxray's CHARGE goes unnoticed before it's too late. DISCHARGE cracks forth, whipping out of the dark-type as the attack flies not towards the manectric, but towards its trainer.

that is what separates rocket from the league.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2019 14:00:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle couldn't answer.

he knows ditching the scene was the logical decision. he could easily write up a report saying that the entire situation was one-sided, and therefore, hopeless. morals and sentimentality were the only things that brought him here. he wished he did not have them at that moment.

"will you let me run if i want to?" he questions back.

the mightyena releases a distressed cry as talons sunk on his flesh. he attempts to snatch the effects of the tailwind, shifting the direction of the wind to blow towards the ground.

the noivern gets to take a chunk out of the mightyena, but the dark-type manages to shift itself with play rough in an attempt to move its body in a way that only the clump of mane would be hit, as well as to get away from the dragon-type's grip.

he clicks his tongue as he recognizes the discharge coming. the minute he heard the electric terrain covered verdanturf, he knew there was no reason for him not to bring his lightning rod. he clicks the pokeball from his holster reactively, summoning another manectric to redirect the electricity from him.

"tana."

the other manectric generates enough electricity as well, most of which went to the lightning rod manectric. innes starts with a charge as well, aiming to threaten.

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 16:26:26 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
silas allows a pause to occur, lasting no longer than a second.

"no." 

noivern doesn't flinch from the PLAY ROUGH. the pain that comes from the brutal attack is familiar. years upon years of training has made sure of it. so noivern is able to hold on, grip still tight with his talons sunk into the body of the mightyena.

one flap of his wings and up it soars with the dark-type in tow. their close proximity restricts mightyena's movements enough to allow for a simple SUPER FANG to connect. the higher they go, the less chances the dog has of surviving.

silas sighs. seeing the electric-attack redirected that easily is frustrating. but no matter.

"do it." 

a low yet harsh voice prompts an unseen move to take place. from the shadows of a building, delphox ROLE PLAYS like some loser in his basement and swaps her abilities. with LIGHTNING ROD now in her possession, she leaves herself open to be recalled back into her pokeball.

there's nothing to stop their attack.

whistle.

another DISCHARGE jolts for kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 22:41:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
foul play.

a bite to the nether regions constitute the mightyena's last ditch effort to free itself from the overpowering strength of the dragon-type. the dark-type winces in pain as the fangs take a chunk out of his shoulder.

kyle acknowledges the whimper, clicking his tongue as he takes his sights off of the rocket leader temporarily. his eyes go to the skies, pointing the pokeball at his pokemon and recalling the dark-type back. he wonders why he even decided to focus his attention on training pokemon with weaker constitutions such as mightyena.

unfortunately for silas, role play only copies abilities instead of swapping them.

kyle almost flinches when more electricity is redirected towards the manectric, overloading it. the electric-type preemptively uses charge, signifying that he wants to release the pent up energy soon. kyle points towards the noivern up the sky, the best target for his pokemon.

"thunder."

with a roar, innes releases a bolt of lightning from the sky towards the flying-type, who already was in the skies. tana readies herself to lunge forward, but kyle doesn't give her the signal yet. he knows the risk of going into a skirmish with a bunch of unknowns in the equation, such as silas' three other pokemon.

"can't you just, i dunno, do this on other cities instead? i kinda like verdanturf."

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2019 3:49:02 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
"wait." 

by the time silas says it, it's far too late to stop the red beam from striking the delphox. this is one of the issues with having an army: mistakes are prone to happen. he had mistaken delphox's ROLE PLAY for SKILL SWAP, which is a move she has yet to learn.

"fucking idiot." 

silas berates himself, causing anger to boil within. but it's familiar; it's something he can utilize.

manectric's yellow glow gives it away. within seconds delphox is back out on the battlefield with her ROLE PLAY just in time to absorb the full damage of the THUNDER. she shakes off the damage, feeling the energy boosting her morale.

"stupid shit." 

silas mutters but no orders come from him. delphox stands, waiting.

unfortunately for kyle, his attempt to recall his mightyena will fail. perhaps it is the TAILWIND that works against him. or perhaps it is the unlucky timing of noivern's twist of his body to block the red beam. but noivern never lets go, not even when FOUL PLAY threatens him.

the attack actually causes a falter in noivern's flight, redirecting the pair down towards the ground for moments before noivern pulls up about four-stories above the ground. he screeches and finally lets go.

BOOMBURST and DRAGON PULSE sends mightyena plummeting to the ground. silas allows kyle to recall his dark-type back if he so wishes.

"i will. hoenn isn't safe. it never will be." 

luxray's SCARY FACE is accompanied by another CHARGE as energy flows underneath his paws. noivern continues circling the skies for now, wary of any THUNDERS that might strike.

"is verdanturf special to you, boy?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2019 11:09:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he feels pain from seeing the mangled body of his mightyena, but knows to suppress the extreme emotions until the ordeal is done. the pokeball would catch the dark-type before it falls, hoping the technology inside the capsules were enough to keep him stable until he can see medical professionals.

he turns to answer.

"unfortunately, yeah."

this was a losing fight. kyle knows it was not worth risking everything for the sake of sentimental value. he was but a single person. there was nothing he could do alone. everything was a pointless endeavor to sake his frustrations on the sudden turn of events.

strangely enough, being faced with an opponent that overpowers his 'mons was the one thing that calms him down.

"i'm trying my best here, okay. can't you just leave it alone? please?"

he rests his hands casually on his waists, as if easing himself for the conversation. a glare was on silas as he talks, completely contrasting the relaxed expression on his face.

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 7:54:50 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
this is a losing fight for kyle and he knows it. perhaps it is the reason as to why the battle comes to a momentary pause between them. with neither side openly attacking, at least not yet, it allows them a moment for conversation, which is uncommon for the rocket boss.

but silas is a changed man.

maybe.

"it's a bit too late for that. look around you." 

the town still stands because he allows it to. the buildings remain upright and relatively untouched despite the chaos that surrounds them. the streets, however, are an entirely different story. left and right people drop like flies.

kyle might be one of them if he's not careful.

"what's your name?" 

silas asks because not many have dared to stand opposite him and speak. the boy's calm demeanor interests him.

off to the side, an approaching league officer is quickly taken care of. their mightyenas are obliterated by the CHARGED up DISCHARGE, rendered into small pieces that splatter across the ground. their trainer will share a similar fate.

delphox's PSYCHIC engulfs the league officer and freezes his limbs, holding him in the air as he's carried across to hover by silas.

silas has yet to turn. kyle has his attention.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 6:45:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i tried."

he tried to casually ease his hands onto the holster, trying to discretely release his pokemon the second that the moment of peace comes to an end.

"is there even a point?" he asks.

his hands reach onto the pokeballs as he finished, but not before psychic lifts him up from the ground. he drops two of his pokeballs, making him bit his lip in frustration.

Innes acts on his own, making use of electric terrain to send electric currents to mess with the mechanisms of the balls from afar, releasing the pokemon within.

Another mightyena and a ninetales spring out. A bark from tana quickly gets the other canines on the move.

The presence of the ninetales gets the rain around them to stop. She quickly fires off a disable at the delphox to stop its hold immediately, before trying to roar the luxray away back to its pokeball afterwards.

The mightyena goes for the psychic-type, lunging in to attempt to crunch it straight on to the throat.

Tana charges at Silas with quick attack, electric terrain helping it reach top speeds in no time.

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON May 2, 2019 8:03:34 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
kyle is not as discreet as he may think he is. silas sees how the boy's hands move to his holster and yet he does nothing. the only reason the two pokemon burst free from their pokeballs is because silas allowed them to.

just like how he is allowing this boy to live. for now.

rain turns into hail with the appearance of the ninetales. disable frees kyle of the psychic hold but roar will not be as effective. noivern's timed boomburst counteracts the roar, effectively diluting the fierce sound until it becomes nothing more than a squeak to luxray.

the mightyena that lunges at delphox will have the same luck as the ninetales. future sight sees the attack coming which allows delphox to crumple her body as she shifts to the side, narrowly avoiding the sharp fangs of the dark-type. she quickly turns and brings her hands together, slamming down into the ground for a fire blast that targets the same mightyena.

silas might not be discreet but he doesn't have to be. the moment the pokeballs flashed open his hands have already found another pokeball.

metagross stops the incoming quick attack, tanking the damage only to return a sudden bullet punch. its heavy fist looks to slam against the electric-type, not to send it away, but to send it into the ground for a meteor mash.

luxray does nothing but charge.

"i asked you a question." 

noivern's dragon pulse booms towards kyle.

"what is your name?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 13:23:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a sudden assault was not what he was planning. if anything, it was the complete opposite of what he had wanted to do. kyle could only grit his teeth at the scene as he watched.

the chemistry between his entire team would be his whole undoing, as everyone follows the lead of the one with the most initiative, which, most of the time, is usually held by the aggressive ones. kyle doesn't like what transpires afterwards.

the mightyena erects a barrier with protect to stop the fire blast from hitting, before retaliating with an immediate crunch as soon as the attack ended.

the manectric takes the bullet punch cleanly, before repelling some of the force with an unorthodox use of magnet rise, softening the otherwise devastating blow. the contact is still made, however, though it would present difficulties for the steel-type to withdraw his arm through the magnetic pull and static.

the ninetales uses the opportunity to fire a will-o-wisp at the metagross.

his head turns to the noivern, which his other manectric follows. kyle readies his pokeball to release his last pokemon when innes stands his ground. he charges up, building his defenses to eat up the dragon pulse. it burned, but the armor of electricity negates some of the damage dealt.

"fine! it's kyle fuckin' lopez!" he answers, giving up the farce.

he puts his fingers in his mouth and releases a loud enough whistle for his pokemon to recognize even within the heat of battle. they should know what the command entails.

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2019 3:23:06 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar
kyle lopez.

"stop." 

a single command halts the movements of his pokemon. the attacks come at them and they tank through it but they do not retaliate. delphox remains in the harsh grasps of mightyena's crunch. metagross is slowed with static as the bare surface of his metallic blue skin is tainted with the flames of a will-o-wisp. even an untamed beast like noivern halts his onslaught and remains perched up high.

the whistle pierces across the hallowed battlefield.

"what do you want to do, kyle lopez?" 

he takes a step forward. luxray stays by his side.

"do you want to run? or do you want to fight?"

luxray's scary face is only matched by the expressionless face of silas. there is something sinister about the air around him.

"to be the one who killed silas blackwell. it's so tempting, isn't it? you're so close. all you need to do is to reach out and seize it." 

he stops not too far away.

"what will it be, kyle lopez?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2019 18:53:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his own whistle also stops his pokemon from moving.

the dogs would slowly approach their trainer in a protective circle, eyes wary on silas' pokemon as they did. both sides have their weapons on standby coincidentally. perhaps it was the culmination of the past few moments that brought to this unlikely ceasefire.

"i can't."

the luxray unnerves him, and so does silas' aura. he'd recall some of his pokemon as a way to reset the battlefield, but he cannot find the strength to do so. the question lingers in his head as he tries to stall until the answer comes to him.

he could try and desperately attempt to do it, but he's afraid to pay the cost. he always was the person who played it safe, risking it only when the chance wasn't too slim. besides, he wasn't even sure if his pokemon had the ability to do so.

"i... i think i calmed down now."

his manectric would combine both ice fang and fire fang to start a blanket of mist on his side. visuals from silas's side would be reduced by the act as the mist propagated from the manectric to the immediate area.

"sorry, but i'm playing it safe for now."

underneath the cover, a solar beam would suddenly fire towards silas. his manectric would soon forcefully drag kyle away from the confrontation should they not be intercepted, scooping his trainer up with his head and running off. all other pokemon follows suit.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
douleur [ RI ]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 6:30:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

footage from mossdeep plays on repeat. the spectacle of escaping death by a hair's breadth lays down the foundation of the unfolding tragedy. the camera feeds dies in a fit of static, panning to another view which displays several blocks of ruination, the city streets evaporated by the pokemon's terrifying HYPER BEAM. the damage laid bare onto the streets of mossdeep transcend what is possible; it reeks of a terror that rivals the monster of the desert ruin. but there is a stark difference between regirock and these mysterious pokemon—regirock was alone.

hoenn faces a threat unheard of. no amount of historical references reveal any basis as to what these things are. even silph co.'s state of the art simulations are unable to assess any way to defend against such terrors. not when evidence points to the intensity of the attack, using what was left of the rubble as a reference point to calculate an estimate of the attack's magnitude.

fernando yells in a frantic command for the league to assemble. the second battalion is ready to shortie, even moreso knowing that is stranded somewhere in the midst of all the chaos. however, fernando never has the chance to deploy. a series of secondary alarms halt his march as the blares warn of a two-pronged attack; team rocket is mobilizing in the west.

tch.

how troublesome.

reason and foresight drive him to divert his attention. no one can fault him for the emergence of an otherworldly invader. much less so when they exhibit a power that rivals the hyperbolic myths of legends. coupled with the fact that and are already on site in mossdeep, there's little reason for fernando to disregard the incursion in verdanturf. their hands are tied and he has no choice in the matter.

handling team rocket is the most suitable course of action—this time for good.

slateport is unoccupiable.

boris is in league protective custody.

and are in position to turn.

@leia has long defected.

has returned.

hundreds of hours are discarded as fernando scraps his plan. with the ultra beast threat at their doorstep there's no longer a need for rocket. winning a war on two fronts is neigh impossible and with an unknown in the equations, there's no room for nuisances. he's allowed free rampage for far too long. his tyrannical rule will end how it started—usurped.

to kill rocket is a temptation that stays close, something he can reach and seize but never does. rocket's lifespan is intentional, used as both a divisor and stepping stone for one man's ambition. there cannot be heroes without villains and the greater the conflicts the more pressing the need. but now fernando has everything he needs.

well, not quite.

alone, fernando plasters jirachi's tag against his forearm. a mild glue binds it to his skin; a parting gift from a man who wishes for nothing more than an end to the monster he helped create. it's a promise that fernando never intended to keep but fate has forced him to play into 's hand. how ironic.

" ."

[break]

SOLAR BEAM becomes a signal flare that encompasses a skirmish between combatants. with overwhelming numbers and the element of surprise, rocket overtakes verdanturf with ease. attacks are thrown out recklessly but always as the aggressor, always directed in one direction. the only attack that goes against the grain shows the dying light of the resistance. that's where fernando lands—that's where the rest of the league avoids. makes his escape.

salamence keeps a distance and lands well behind the cover of kyle's MIST. fernando immediately disembarks, noting the static that comes from the ELECTRIC TERRAIN. entering the fray always leads with observation. he can piece one and one together and tosses out three pokeballs. two for the standard opening and the last one as a counter play.

"battle routine set."

a shrill giggle echoes, TAUNTING, threatening. GRAVITY weighs down the MIST and without it, silas has full view of the approaching land slide.

"execute."

DRACO METEOR.

DRACO METEOR.

ROCK BLAST.

the attack sets up two purposes; the first to blot out silas' peripheral vision while fernando lays down the foundation of his opening play. the second is to assault everything on the field and keep them busy with having to address a heavy, wide scale attack.

an opening play only happens once—there's no better chance to capitalize and fernando doubles down.

unable to see silas' reaction, fernando starts to circle around, pokeball in hand as he keeps an eye for any unexpected retaliations.

salamence, mimikyu, and rhydon maintain their positions straight ahead of silas, the source of the attacks. by the time one of the DRACO METEORS land, mimikyu is no where to be seen.

MIMIKYU uses TAUNT!
PORYGON2 uses GRAVITY!
SALAMENCE uses DRACO METEOR!
MIMIKYU uses COPYCATDRACO METEOR!
RHYDON uses ROCK BLAST!
MIMIKYU uses SHADOW SNEAK!

TAUNT will be in effect next post (0/5)!
GRAVITY will be in effect next post (0/5)!