She/Her
November 19
CherryGrove City
Hetero
-
-
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
32 posts
vivan flores DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vivan
vivan flores
Roleplaying stories
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 21:57:15 GMT
vivan flores Avatar

Hi Hoenn!

I'm just curious to know, how did everyone get into roleplaying? I was first introduced to roleplay by my sister. She was really into kpop roleplay on tumblr and instagram - I don't know what year it was just guess around 2009 - 2011. I found the premise of roleplay to be very interesting but couldn't really get into roleplay that circulated around insta and tumblr.

I then read the warrior cat series and fell in love, I remember looking up warrior cats roleplay and then discovered a site. It's still active today and I think it's been going on for like twenty years or so. I stayed there for a good amount of time before getting bored and began to look for other sites that related to anime.

I really didn't find a site that I had a connection to for awhile - so I just stopped roleplaying for a few years but I attempted it again during my late high school years, I looked up pokemon roleplay. Which is how I discovered Hoenn! I think I joined 2019-2020? but wow from the moment I joined discord I just felt so welcomed by everyone. At the time I really wasn't confident in my writing skills but so many members reached out wanting to thread and I felt no judgement on my writing like I did on previous sites. This site really holds so many special memories, the last years of highschool were really rough for me and hoenn + writing really made it better. I definitely wouldn't be the same person today without roleplay. It's remarkable how large this community is, growing up I thought it was kind of strange to be writing about warrior cats or supernatural powers but I'm really happy to have picked up this hobby - I've made amazing friends.

I've left the sites a few times but I always find it hard to stay away - it's such an enjoyable time that helps me forget troubles and destress. This is such an incredibly long ramble that doesn't make a lot of sense probably, but I would love to hear how you discovered roleplay if you wanted to share!

Thanks Shiv and Spiral for maintaining such a massive site and thank you hoenn for being so welcoming - roleplay really changed my life and made me a better person.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Roleplaying stories
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 0:22:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
love you so much kiki!!

for me, i dabbled in roleplay on neopets, an old gundam forum rp. i've also roleplayed on mmorpgs when i was young. \o/

eventually, i remained in forum rp since i found real time rping on an mmorpg too time consuming.

i try to be careful about making my rp communities my primary social community, since it's healthy to have some balance, boundaries, and more; however, everyone here is made it easy to hop in and out as an admin writing alongside player characters.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Roleplaying stories
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:50:47 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
NEOPETS ROLEPLAY FTW!!! i also started on neopets, i had a little warrior cat guild who then invited me to an IF warrior cats board.

since then, i've dabbled in warrior cats, slice of life rp, pokemon rp, etc.

i agree - i wouldn't be the same person without rp!! i've learned so many skill sets, from project management to coding to improving my writing skills, plus all the wonderful friends i've met along the way.

love you kiki!!!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Roleplaying stories
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 13:57:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
I have a very long story about my first experience, but needless to say I’ve been doing this since… 2005, when I was in my first year in university. Yes Ven is an old goat in the world of RP send help.

(I’ve been at this almost half my life, seventeen out of thirty-three years of being alive, holy crap)

Harry Potter (before all the problematic shit about JKR started appearing) was where I started, then hopped around from place to place, then stayed on another HP RP site for… quite a while. Like 4, 5 years or so?

In between that I was also on a SAO RP place (haha, remember the time when SAO was insanely popular like 2011 – 2012?) then I found a Pokémon site around 2013…

And never looked back.

RP helped me to get to know myself better as a writer AND as a person overall, because in the end we all have so many muse/s running around in the deepest darkest reaches of our heads who want their voices to be heard.

(For anyone who really knows me, try to guess which of my characters is what part of me as a person.)

Let’s face it, we all put a little bit of ourselves into our characters & muses—and that’s what makes them all so relatable!

I’ve tried other RPs but really, Hoenn, you got me good. Real good. Started in December 2018 and now we’re here headed to December 2022 good djinni four years and still going!

Having RP around actually helps keeps the nasties in the head away. That’s all I’ma say
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights