Marshall Slade
To be Part of Something Greater [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 15:07:56 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttitle"]

[attr="class","marshallpostbody"]

The Ranger headquarters in Slateport City was more like a police precinct than Marshall had expected. Orderly, organized, and perfectly ordinary. Uncertain why he thought it would be more fantastical, he approached the receptionist's desk.[break][break]

"Hi, I'm Marshall Connor. I'm here to speak with Captain Fawley," Marshall said, hands in his pockets. It felt strange to meet Tam in such a formal setting, but it had been Marshall's idea to meet his friend at work in the first place.[break][break]

The receptionist checked a logbook and confirmed Marshall's meeting. She directed him up the stairs toward Tam's office. Thanking her, he headed up to the second floor. Turbine followed at his heels, glancing around at the few Pokémon who wandered freely within the building. Despite the curious sights, the Luxray remained undistracted and accompanied his trainer obediently.[break][break]

Soon, Marshall found the door labeled CAPTAIN . Through the glass, he could see the blonde Ranger. Marshall's face broke into a smile as he knocked on the office door, then waved at Tam through the glass to catch his attention.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Commitment Act I

[attr="class","marshallpostpkmn"]

[attr="class","marshallpostcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".marshallpost"]--accent:#D45A40;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 1:45:13 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tft7"]
[attr="class","main"]

A tall stack of papers lies neatly on the captain’s desk: paperwork, mission reports from the last couple of days. Calmly, methodically, he reads through them – impassive sky blue eyes analysing every sentence from behind glasses. His expression never changes. His thoughts on the results remain hidden.
[break][break]
The change happens when the Yamper that had been peacefully sleeping on her bed in a corner of the office wakes. Her long ears perk up, she sniffs the air, and with an excited bark, she gets up and quickly walks to the door with the full intention to greet the man standing at the other side.
[break][break]
Tam looks up then, his gaze meeting Marshall’s.
[break][break]
Faintly, if only for a second, he smiles.
[break][break]
Rising from his chair, the captain walks to the door, opening it for his friend. Unlike most people in Slateport Ranger HQ, he does not wear a uniform, but a simple suit along with the armband expected of his rank and profession.
[break][break]
”Hey, Marshall. Come in.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t know every detail about why they’re meeting like this, but he can take a guess or two. Still, it’s pretty damn unusual, isn’t it?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Commitment: Act I

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.tft7] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 14:41:33 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall's face erupted into a wild smile — first upon seeing the Yamper approach the door, then when Tam opened it.[break][break]

"Hey!" the redhead greeted his friend before crouching down to pet Puppy Pokémon with both hands. "How are you, Clover? Are you being a good lady? Helping Tam with his paperwork? D'awww, you're such a good girl, Clover!"[break][break]

Once he finished showering the Yamper with praise, Marshall stood again and entered the office. Looking around, his beaming grin softened into a mild, pleasant expression. Again, Marshall found the whole setup rather ordinary. It was a wholly different side to Tam's Ranger work that Marshall had never thought about before. Tam seemed like the kind of person who didn't mind it, though. Maybe he even enjoyed sitting behind a desk all day.[break][break]

"Thanks for letting me drop by," Marshall said to his friend. "In my text, I mentioned wanting to ask you about the Rangers, and it's kinda fitting we're meeting here to talk about it. It's my first time being in one of these places."[break][break]

Headquarters, he meant. It had a very official and cool ring to it, even if the building itself wasn't terribly exciting.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttitle"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 4:44:45 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tft7"]
[attr="class","main"]

If Marshall were to actually ask, he would find out that Tam doesn’t really like how much time he has to spend sitting in his office. There are many reasons for this, some of them being obvious with how outdoorsy he is, but one of the main ones is actually right there before Marshall: the energetic Yamper who accepts his petting and praise with happy barking and a wagging tail.
[break][break]
Way too energetic to be sleeping all day.
[break][break]
Tam had found Clover when he had first become a cadet in Slateport, and one of the many things he misses is taking her out on patrols with him.
[break][break]
Alas, this is just how the job goes, and Tam being Tam, he had learned to accept it just as he learns to accept most things.
[break][break]
One of these places. He echoes when returning to his desk, his tone as neutral as ever. He finds it funny, but of course he doesn’t think of making that much obvious. ”What did you wanna ask, then? Figured it must be important if you came all the way here.”
[break][break]
Not something they would have talked about over texts.
[break][break]
As they talk, Clover stays sitting right by Marshall’s side, as if expecting him to pet her some more.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.tft7] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tft7 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 18:53:20 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Marshall took the seat opposite Tam; meanwhile, Turbine sniffed Clover in hesitant greeting. It was not the first time the two Electric-type met, though it had been some months since their last encounter.[break][break]

Marshall, however, gave his friend his full attention. "I have been thinking about it a lot lately — for a few weeks now, actually — and I want to join the Rangers," he explained, choosing not to mince words. He spoke with an uncharacteristic gravity that emphasized the seriousness with which he broached the topic.[break][break]

"Do you remember ? He and I helped contain some fires at Verdanturf last month, and it sort of… opened my eyes, I guess. It was like I was finally seeing the serious fucking shit that was happening while I was… I don't know."[break][break]

The redhead fell silent for a moment as he struggled to find the right words for his feelings.[break][break]

"I guess I was just blind to the reality of what we're all dealing with. I was acting like I was still a tourist, but Hoenn is my home for the foreseeable future. At least while the dome is still up, and while there are people here that I care about."[break][break]

's beautiful smile came to mind.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 9:10:08 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tft7"]
[attr="class","main"]

“I want to join the Rangers.”

[break]
He has heard those words many times before, even before being captain. Usually, when those words come, Tam responds with a simple question: why do you want to be a ranger? People like speak of finding a way to help, and even himself had once told Tam that he became a ranger because he cared for both Pokémon and the environment. People like had given him answers that some would perhaps consider to be more ‘selfish’, but no once when hearing someone’s reasoning had Tam told them that there wasn’t a place among the rangers for them.
[break][break]
Marshall gives him his answer before the question is even asked, but that too is no surprise: throughout the time Tam has known him, he has come to realise that letting Marshall do all the talking is often how things work with their friendship. Well, for the most part…
[break][break]
”Okay.” Initial acceptance comes easily, but of course there is more to it. Blue eyes meet crimson ones. ”But, Marshall, you said it yourself: serious fucking shit happens at Hoenn all the time. Dangerous shit. When it happens, it’s rangers that are usually out there in the frontlines, and that’s something you need to know before taking this job.”
[break][break]
There’s no sugar coating. Tam has never cared for such things anyway, but he especially wouldn’t hide the truth from someone wishing to become a ranger, much less someone he has come to consider a friend. Even if, admittedly, he would be glad to have someone like Marshall among the rangers.
[break][break]
”You probably already know that, since you know a few rangers, but you need to be fully aware of the risks before you commit to this, alright?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 14:44:47 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Just as Tam could count on Marshall to talk enough for the both of them, Marshall could count on Tam not to sugarcoat his words. That was one reason why the redhead had come to speak with his friend in the first place.[break][break]

"I know," Marshall replied, unfazed by the warnings. "I've seen it. Some of it, anyway. And I don't want to be on the sidelines in the future while my friends are fighting to make sure we even have one."[break][break]

Marshall's hands on his knees clenched into fists.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 10:47:51 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tft7"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Good.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t question it, he doesn’t double check to make sure Marshall really means his words. Once confirmation is given, he takes it as truth, and that’s all there is to it.
[break][break]
For a moment, Tam’s attention turns to his computer, putting his reading glasses back on.
[break][break]
”I’ll give you the registration forms to fill in. You live in Mauville, right? Do you want to do your training there or here? It’s not really a long commute.”
[break][break]
Since Marshall had come to him instead of any other ranger, it makes sense to Tam that he would want to join the Slateport Squad, but of course, there’s also the matter of what may be convenient to him or not.
[break][break]
”You’d be training with me if so.” He adds, a brow being raised as if he were amused by the thought.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 15:24:01 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

Tam's easy acceptance brings the smile back to Marshall's face. The redhead visibly relaxed, sitting back in the chair as if he'd just passed a difficult test.[break][break]

"I don't know the Rangers in Mauville and would much prefer training and working with a close friend," he replied. "I'm also thinking of taking classes at Slateport University in the spring, so I'll probably move down here. I gotta come up with that plan."[break][break]

Marshall plucked a pen off Tam's desk and expertly twirled it around his fingers, ready to sign the forms once they were printed out.[break][break]

Then an idea struck him. "You wouldn't happen to be looking for a roommate, would you?" His smile grew into a shit-eating grin.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]