twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
hello mr. harver [social]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 22:44:28 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics4"]Glory to the night that shows me what i am as i go to the party on my knees saying take it all please. tell me no, tell me no
[attr="class","dilyric4"]somebody please
[attr="class","dibody4"]Condensation pools at the bottom of his bottle, its moisture permeating the wooden bar top. His hand cups the bottom of the half-empty glass; it is calloused and rough but handles the glass gently.

This bar's gimmick pays homage to olden saloons, its old-western style highly out of place in the most commercial city in the region. To no one in particular, Zeke Rainey blows air out of his nostrils, bobbing his head back before washing down what remains of his beer.

Commercial city. The thought drips with mockery.

This was his first real night in Mauville; assigned here for some reason unbeknownst to him, Zeke was to spend an indeterminate amount of time here.

In this bar now, his uniform is gone, replaced with a button down and chinos. He feels like he looks nice for someone like him. His dim blue eyes meet the bartender's and that is enough to earn him another drink.

"Am I a fuckin' mall cop?"

[attr="class","ditags3"]@scott

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics4]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric4]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#1ab0fe;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody4 b]color:#1ab0fe; font-size:10px[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags4]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags4 a]color:#1ab0fe;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2018 14:22:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottlyrics4"]glory, glory, glory to the night It shows me what I am I'm not happy or sad, just up or down And always bad[break]tell me no, tell me no
[attr="class","discottlyric4"]somebody please
[attr="class","discottbody4"]There was no planning it even if he tried. Scott wasn't the type to plan these sorts of things anyway. As a matter of fact, he was the type to make sure these sorts of things didn't happen to him. Because surprise punches to the face by homophobs is never really something one goes out of their way to get.

Now, to clarify, he'd probably deserved it. Honestly, he shouldn't have groped the guy's ass... however, if he hadn't, he never would have forgiven himself. An ass like that?? It was perfect! Speaking of which, his girl needed to know what she had.

So, sitting up from the punch to his face, Scott grinned at the guy with blood running down his nose. It was the sort of grin that said the punch felt like something a maid had given him once when he went way over his head in a round or three of kinky sex.

"He's got a good ass," and cue the homophob closing in on him. "Be sure not to let it go to wast-"

Another punch, other side of his face. The pain traveled so quickly that it felt like it was gone in an instant. He hit the back of some guy downing the rest of his drink and complaining about being a mall cop. He honestly hadn't heard the complaint, but that was the only way to describe the guy aside from dark hair and sexy everything else.

"S-sorry," Scott stammered as he spit on the pub ground and pat the guy on the head, aiming for his shoulder and missing because he had yet to look back at the guy. "Sorry."

[attr="class","discotttags4"]

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.discottlyrics4]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discottlyric4]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#DAD56C;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discottbody4 b]color:#DAD56C; font-size:10px;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discotttags4]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discotttags4 a]color:#DAD56C;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 0:41:31 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics4"]Glory to the night that shows me what i am as i go to the party on my knees saying take it all please. tell me no, tell me no
[attr="class","dibody4"]His body lurches, the sudden impact from behind jamming his nose into the top of his glass. A hand instinctively reaches to catch the beer that drips down the front of him onto his lap (his chinos!) before his assailant's hand pats him on the head.

Sorry. With a huff, he brings his body into a standing position. The glass slams down on the worn wooden bar top and his arms reach out to either side of him, eyes down on his crotch to see the damage. He looks incontinent and he doesn't want to look incontinent today -- a sigh escapes through his nostrils.

"What the fuck?" the indignant words come out as he turns his body to face whatever asshole thought this was funny. "Do you think this is funny, asshole?" the fire in his eyes searches for the man to burn; they land on a pair of chestnut eyes.

Wait, he knows those eyes. His own lighten up as confusion washes over his expression.

"...Scott?"

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics4]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric4]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#1ab0fe;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags4]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 0:59:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottlyrics4"]glory, glory, glory to the night It shows me what I am I'm not happy or sad, just up or down And always bad[break]tell me no, tell me no
[attr="class","discottbody4"]Something akin to, 'Fuck you, you piece of shit! Try that again!' came from the guy who'd punched Scott and caused him to bump into Zeke.

However, Scott's whole brain came to a dead haunt when he heard a familiar voice make a familiar curse. He was so taken aback, that he ignored the guy who was closing the distance and getting ready to punch him again.

"Zee?"

Before he could give a grin and bring his old pal in for a snuggle session friendly hug, he was suddenly pulled by the collar by the rude ass homophobe from just a bit ago.

"Hey asshole-"

"Hey, buddy, listen." Scott moved his hands to grab the guy's jaw. "I'm not sorry about the ass grab," something churned in Scott's stomach. Made his face scrunch. It felt like it was flipping in knots. "But, y'know, it would have been wasted if I didn't."

Oh, and there it was lunch. He'd blown chunks all over the guy. Whoops. He'd been released after throwing up all over the homophobe and fallen backward onto the floor while coughing and groaning. He really shouldn't have had so much to drink... he could have sworn he saw Zeke!

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.discottlyrics4]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discottlyric4]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#DAD56C;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discottbody4 b]color:#DAD56C; font-size:10px;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
[newclass=.discotttags4]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 1:16:37 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]Reality feels fake but his sensory receptors tell him that Scott Harver, that little nerd from Saffron all those years ago, is pulling him into a drunken hug.

Zee? he wants to smile at the reappearance of an old nickname but finds his mouth gaping open as his long lost friend is pulled away from him lie a Furfrou on a leash. Zeke steps forward in challenge -- the man behind Scott is angry, but smaller than the police officer before him -- no, he can't do that shit anymore. Zeke brings himself back to center.

And then Scott barfs. He fucking hates throw up, but this time it's welcome in an already odiferous bar. The spiky blond crashes to the floor like a ragdoll; barstools tumble around him as Zeke tries to catch the chairs.

He gets a moment to confirm that the drunken asshole on the ground is, indeed, Scott Harver. Wow.

He leans over to the homophobe: this is the calmest he's looked all night but as he gets closer the feigned kindness evaporates with the beer on his pants. His voice does not go above a whisper, words passing out of them. Zeke pulls away and returns his attention to the drunken mess on the floor. The bartender is saying something about cleaning him up: Zeke nods as he cups his arms underneath Scott's. "Get up asshole." with relative ease, he drags Scott in the direction of the bathroom at the back of the bar, all eyes on them.

"Never learned how to fight in Saffron so this is what you do to scare the big bad bullies away now?" his voice rumbles with masculinity, a sliver of humor slipping in underneath the words as the two stumble into the men's room.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 1:33:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottbody4"]Who is carrying him? One second, Scott's on the ground unable to form three sentences together in his head because of the pounding headache that's starting to form from when he'd been punched, and the alcohol, and thoughts of old flings. Either way, he ended up in a bathroom with somebody helping him walk and keeping most of his stomach calm after everything had happened. What could he say? Fights made him nervous!

One thing was for damn sure, Zeke Rainey was in the bathroom with him. He'd known Zeke was real when he heard that whispered nickname. Asshole.. Zeke wasn't wrong, he was definitely an asshole. Always knew that bit about him.

Really, Scott couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that Zeke was there, so he pretended Zeke was fake. Like a figment of his imagination was wrapping around somebody that looked like Zeke and pretending to be him. So much so, that Scott ended up finishing his puke session in the bathroom, washing his face, rinsing his mouth out (with soap because it's better to taste that then the shitty lunch a second time).

Once he turned to look at Zeke, he slowly let a smile form. "Damn... it really is you, isn't it?"

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 1:56:10 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]Zeke leans against the wall in the bathroom, its nearly phosphorescent lights pouring down on him and highlighting the worst parts of his features. It doesn't matter though -- he isn't looking in the mirror anyways, his eyes glued to the back of Scott's head as he kneels over the toilet in the stall before Zeke.

Memories swirl around in his head and he wonders when he'd seen Scott last and what they'd done. The where does not come to him but the what does, and he cringes. "This is a good look for you." the words are quiet but audible in the otherwise silent bathroom as Scott waits between hurl sessions.

Zeke can't say how long he would stare at the back of Scott's head before the blond stands up and stumbles to the sink. Up until this moment, Zeke had gone utterly unacknowledged by his former friend; his steely nerves weaken at the thought of any potential bad blood between them. His stony face does not change as Scott gargles on soap before turning to him. Zeke searches his eyes for any hint of hostility -- he does not expect it, but he knows things got...weird between them.

That moment seems to hang between them for a long time. Damn...it really is you, isn't it?

Scott's voice is strong enough to make the man of steel drop his eyes to his own feet, a small smile creeping onto his visage all the same. "In the flesh."

The space between them dwindles, perhaps subconsciously. Zeke stands a couple inches over Scott and he remembers standing up for the little geek way back when. He remembers fighting Rocket together in Kanto.

He remembers everything, and he pulls away.

The tension in the room cuts, if only a little. He feels relief. "What are you doing here?" there is a sincerity in the newly-appointed officer's voice that indicates he is not aware of Scott's position.

[googlefont=Oswald]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 2:28:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottbody4"]In the flesh, what a dick move. But Scott couldn't help how it made him grin. That and how Zeke got closer without even realizing it. Something in the way he closed the distance and stared cut the tension in the room. Like they were able to stand each other. Honestly, when Scott branched off to really go head first at Rocket without using the law, he thought perhaps Zeke had hated him for it. For deciding not to rise up against Rocket with him in the way he had... but now, now he just wonders if perhaps Zeke was right all along.

Maybe he wouldn't be so hurt if he'd just listened instead of being such a dumbass.

Scott nearly followed Zeke as he backed away again. He had to grip the sink to stop himself from moving forward. Could he be blamed? Zeke had the most intoxicating smell. Something between being frozen and moving too fast to be caught. At least, that's how Scott always felt. Like he couldn't compare like he wasn't good enough, but he wanted it all at the same time. Zeke's smell was something he could never be bothered to explain, but if he had to try, he'd say Zeke smelled like a cold winter night in a childhood he never had the privilege of having without Zeke.

Like fucking mistletoe... or maybe that was just what he tasted like. Same thing, right? 

"I'm the gym leader, you prick." Scott scoffed before letting out a laugh, which then suddenly bubbled into an eruption of laughter. "You didn't know?!" It was fucking priceless!

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 2:51:46 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]His eyes catch the white on Scott's knuckles as his hands grip the edge of the sink. Thoughts wash over him but he pushes them away like the tide, too caught up in the moment to care about something so trivial when he knows the tide will come back again all too soon.

He turns to look at the door of the bathroom: it, like everything else in this fucking bar, is wooden. On it there's a copy of a painting depicting a cowboy reeling in a Rapidash -- its coloring is strangely sexy for such a topic. Zeke studies this for a moment before his attention is yanked back to Scott. "You're the gym leader?" the exasperated response is drowned in a fit of laughter erupting from the blond before him. Like so many moments already, this one triggers a reminiscent streak in Zeke. That laugh haunts his dreams, not that Scott would know it. Zeke can't help but smile, even with shock still controlling his wide open eyes. "You've got to be shitting me!"

His head shakes back and forth...this asshole is the gym leader? And he was what, a glorified mall cop? A small laugh fills the silence after Scott's dies down, this time coming from Zeke.

"...you must have done some growing up, asshole." it isn't meant to be pointed, and his monotone voice does not portray any bad feelings; nonetheless, he cannot control Scott's interpretive skills as his eyes instinctively fall to his feet once again. They search for something on the floor -- perhaps it is his dignity. Perhaps it is his sense of strength and power that he loses every fucking time he sees Scott.

Zeke cannot find it, and his gaze go back to Scott.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 3:01:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottbody4"]Though it too a moment, Scott's laughter did in fact die down. He finally collected himself enough to hear Zeke call him an asshole again. Damn if that didn't feel good. Made him smile. Made him feel a bit more. Made him a little less numb.

"I don't know if I did some growing up, or if I just got lucky." Wasn't that always the way with Scott? He managed to land the job as Gym Leader simply because he was friends with the previous Gym Leader. Er, that's a light term for what he and the ex-Gym Leader were, but he goes with it because it hurts a little less to say they were friends.

"But, hey," slowly Scott rose a hand up to wipe at his nose like it would help him deal with the awkward way they were currently conversating. "Maybe I have grown up a little bit. I'd like to think so. I do more good than I do harm now, so, there's that. Or whatever."

Now he didn't know what the fuck he was saying, time to shut his pie hole.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 3:31:03 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]Lucky? Maybe...Zeke does not react as Scott rambles on. He can't be sure just how different Scott is, but he knows that it isn't luck that got Scott to where he was. The asshole was many things, among them a natural-born leader.

The compliments pass through his psyche and leave without being voiced. It feels easier not to bring leadership up, especially not here in this phosphorescent, western bathroom in a bar while both are buzzed-to-drunk.

Scott does more good than bad these days? Zeke expects a smile from himself but it doesn't come. Nothing comes, not so much as a word as he stares into Scott's eyes. He knows both are thinking about the same things, the same fights, the same day.

The door bursts open but the bubble does not pop. A man squeezes between them, his destination the stall as he murmurs something about having to take a shit, but Zeke does not stop searching for answers in Scott's eyes. The comments prove to be enough to scrunch Zeke's face up in confusion and look over at the back of the guy as he slams the stall door shut. He leans against the wall behind him again, arms crossing in front of him.

"So...Scott Harver, Mauville Gym Leader. Why are you groping men and throwing up on them in shitty bars?" Zeke does not forget that they'd just been talking about growing up -- he hopes Scott doesn't either.

He walks over to the mirror and takes a look at himself. It's an excuse not to look at Scott, even if he doesn't really give a shit what he looks like. Scott looks worse, after all. Zeke can hardly recognize the lingering smell of vomit in the air as he runs a hand through his dark hair.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 3:53:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottbody4"]The way that Zeke just asked him a question only to look away, it ... well it hurt. Even if Scott didn't work super hard to get Gym Leader, even if it was more of a burden at first and a painful reminder of how powerless he was to stop the death of the only person who hadn't left him, he was proud of who he was now. Namely as a Gym Leader. There Zeke went, staring at him like he was expecting Scott to implode so he wouldn't have to look at him, asked him about groping a man while in his position of authority, and then turned away before he could even answer!!

Talk about pissed? Scott was so pissed, his clenched hands around the sink before he finally released it and he crossed his arms, furrowing his brows. And cue was tempter tantrum Scott.

"Well, shitty bars aren't usually so judgmental." He admitted before glaring at the side of Zeke's head. "That, and I come here a lot. What about you? You're new to town, aren't you?" Rhetorical question, because Scott knew he was new to the city.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 4:12:45 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]He remembers reading somewhere that mirroring body language is a sign of attraction; was it back when he was eighteen and fawning after the angry blond boy that stood before him now? He can't remember. Zeke feels eighteen again as Scott barbs him with his words; those days he would not have let them pass like he does today.

He does not say sorry for his own barb -- the conversation has shifted to him anyways. The question feels even sharper than the statement that had come before it, even if it wasn't intentional. Zeke cannot maintain eye contact, even now. The man in the stall passes behind them and exits without washing his hands as Zeke tracks him in the mirror. A sigh escapes his lips as he looks at his reflection. "I'm an officer...they assigned me to Mauville starting today." his voice lacks excitement because he is not excited.

"Indefinitely." with this he turns and looks at Scott again. He needs to know how Scott reacts to their forced reuniting; there was enough good and enough bad behind them to really make this a mixed bag of potential reactions. Zeke doesn't give Scott time to speak or even think -- maybe he doesn't want to know Scott's true feelings for him right now in this bathroom. Instead, he speaks again.

"I'm proud of you, you know."

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 14:53:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","discottbody4"]Scott had tried to say, 'You're a mall cop?' but the words died in his throat as Scott said something that shook his entire being.

"I'm proud of you, you know."

Scott had to swallow hard to focus past those words. Maybe he should focus on those words. What was it he'd always wanted growing up? To make somebody proud. What child with no parents didn't want to make somebody proud? It was something in his life he'd never felt, pride like that, pride because of something he'd done.

But here it was, and it was so damn bittersweet.

"Damn..." he mumbled before rubbing the back of his head and avoiding eye contact. He didn't know how to respond. "Um, yeah. That's, cool."

He didn't want to show gratitude. He hated his position. In a way, it was a constant reminder of them, of the previous Gym Leader and how he'd failed them. Failed to protect them from the threat... it was awful, he hated it, and the fact that Zeke was proud he was here- maybe he was selfish to think of the position so bitterly?

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2018 1:43:43 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
[attr="class","dibody4"]Zeke wants to laugh at Scott's inability to accept his praise but his expression remains the same. There is an irony to the patterns that repeat between them that almost tickles him, but he wonders if the last time really was the last time. Reconciliation feels impossible in this moment and suddenly he doesn't feel like laughing at all as his eyes drop to the floor to display his defeat.

Would Scott be Scott if things weren't so complicated between them? Their relationship is like navigating a pyramid: the promise of a prize at the end is supposed to be sweet enough to take on the booby trap. Was there a treasure at the end? He truly doesn't know, but it doesn't matter. Zeke flips on the faucet at the sink and begins washing his hands to fill the silence.

"So yeah, I'm a fuckin' mall cop. Starting to wonder if the commissioner hates me." his voice grumbles dramatically as he tries to flip the switch back to drunken escapades. It doesn't always flip easily, but it does today as he scrubs his hands together for a few more seconds. "Been here one day and it already sucks. Not that I'm surprised." the music playing in the bar suddenly becomes a part of his background noise again; it's EDM and he doesn't care about EDM. Zeke looks at Scott again, almost smiling again.

"I actually stopped someone from shoplifting today. Shoplifters, in YOUR city!" Zeke feigns exasperation by digging a pointer finger into Scott's chest, the sarcasm of the statement very apparent to both of them.

[googlefont=Oswald]