All My Lies Are Always Wishes [BAR CRAWL]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 2:00:39 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest3"]
[attr="class","calebtest3title"]

SOCIAL

[attr="class","calebtest3body"]

Caleb sat nursing a pint of ROLLOUT IPA on the heated patio of MOONBLAST MICROBREW, wondering - not for the first time - if he was a fool.[break][break]
Orion...let's meet for a drink. I want to talk. Littleroot was...well, you know what it was. I know you're dealing with a lot right now, but I'll be at Moonblast tonight around 6pm. I'll stick around for a bit, in case you can come by.
[break]
He'd sent the text that morning, and now here he was, an hour into the timeframe he'd allotted for their meeting, waiting to see if his friend would actually show.[break][break]
They'd spent countless evenings drinking together at this little brewery, sometimes with the others from the Slateport Ranger squad, sometimes just the two of them. Caleb savored those memories, and wondered if, after the fallout from Littleroot, he'd ever be able to make new ones. As of yet, had not fired him for being a former Rocket, but the damage was done: Orion, and probably the others by now, knew who he really was - what he had been. With 's protection guaranteed, Caleb could go back to being a Harcourt, shedding his false identity like a second skin, no longer needed. But would the others accept Caleb Harcourt as readily as they had accepted Caleb Sharpe? Would Orion?[break][break]
Littleroot had been a blur of violent chaos. Through it all, however, Caleb wondered if had been able to notice that he had been fighting for their side. Caleb had kept his word. He'd opposed Rocket, put his life on the line for the Rangers.[break][break]
Would it be enough? He might not be a Ranger forever, but he cared for Orion. He hoped the other man knew just how much.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts
  • Write a mission or social thread located at Moonblast Microbrew
  • Feel or expresses affection (either friendly or romantic) for another character (including NPCs)
  • Reference a Winter's Kiss in at least one of your posts

[attr="class","calebtest3pkmn"]

[attr="class","calebtest3credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".calebtest3"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3title"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 8:23:52 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Orion almost decides not to go.[break][break]

He'd stood shoulder-to-shoulder with in the heat of the moment, a bond reforged in the heart of battle. Now that they were away from danger, his feelings have tangled into a complex mess of uncertainty.[break][break]

Caleb had been Rocket, but Caleb had also been his friend. He had probably killed people, tortured people, but he'd saved lives in Littleroot. Befriending a man like Sharpe — no, Harcourt, he reminds himself — went against everything he stood for.[break][break]

He'd struggled with his sense of identity ever since he'd gotten the text that morning.[break][break]

In the end, he shows up late.[break][break]

He's probably already gone, Orion tells himself as he pushes open the door, uncertain of whether he'd feel better or worse if that turned out to be true. Happy couples drink Winter's Kiss, talking and laughing together, but Orion's expression is flat and unreadable as he scans the tables for a face he's sure he won't see.[break][break]

"Caleb." It's gruff, tinged with surprise. When Orion sits down, setting an unopened Petal Dance on the table, he folds his arms against his chest for some feeling of security. His Absol settles next to him, red eyes fixed calmly on Caleb.[break][break]

He doesn't know what to say.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtol] --accent: #bf5475; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 17:32:44 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

Caleb's chest ached at the sight of his friend - still angry, still awkward - settling down in the seat across from him, over an hour late. He couldn't help but grin stupidly, the sheer relief that Orion had actually come plain on his face. Nevermind the fact that Orion had his arms folded, as if literally guarding his heart from Caleb, his expression a mix of neutral stoicism and a vulnerable helplessness. Orion almost looked as if he couldn't believe he was really there. Which, maybe he couldn't.[break][break]
"Thank you for coming," Caleb murmured to the other man, sincerely grateful. "I know it can't have been easy for you to decide to give me another chance."[break][break]
Where to go from there? What else to say? In contrast to Orion's loss for words, there was so much Caleb could say. Another apology perhaps, or maybe just a recap of what had happened at Littleroot, a reminder of Caleb's fulfilled promise. I should tell him how much he matters to me, he thought.[break][break]
"Everybody's raving about this Winter's Kiss drink," he commented finally, clumsily, desperate for normalcy before diving into heavier topics. "But it's really sweet. I nearly gagged when I tried it. I bet Hailee would like it, though."[break][break]
The others hadn't been as hard on Caleb as Orion had, but then again, they didn't know the full story like Orion did. Caleb didn't want to think about how it would feel if they rejected him, too. Well, one thing at a time.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts
  • Feel or expresses affection (either friendly or romantic) for another character (including NPCs)

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3title"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest3 .calebtest3credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 12:04:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Caleb's smile makes Orion's stomach twist. He doesn't have many friends. He takes to treasuring those few that manage to slip past his defenses enough to get more than a few words out of him in a non-professional setting. It makes betrayal sting all the more.
[break][break]

Fight or flight suggests he exit the situation with haste, or perhaps deck the man across from him. Orion does neither of those things.
[break][break]

"Haven't tried it," he says, clipped, of the Winter's Kiss.
[break][break]

The Petal Dance sits on the table in front of him, still untouched.
[break][break]

If Caleb's hoping for Orion to acknowledge the elephant in the room, he could very well be waiting a while.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 3:43:44 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

Caleb knew Orion well enough by now to recognize that he was more than just a little bit uncomfortable. In fact, this wasn't just Orion's normal brand of social awkwardness at work. A great deal of turmoil was apparent on the other Ranger's face. He looked ready to bolt or attack, the tension between the two eating away at his sanity. It was somewhat unhinged - desperate, really - but most of all, it was sad.[break][break]
And could Caleb really blame him?[break][break]
"Orion," he started, smile fading. He shed the friendly demeanor, the attempts at normalcy. Things weren't normal, and Orion needed Caleb to validate that, not brush it under the rug.[break][break]
"You are one of my closest friends. I care about you a great deal. You are..." he gathered his thoughts, pulled at them frantically, trying to find the right thing to say. It was like searching for a needle in a haystack.[break][break]
"You are hurting. This is painful. I know, trust me, I know." He knew better than to do something like rest his hand on Orion's arm in an affectionate gesture, so he forced himself to remain still.[break][break]
"Let me tell you about my life. From the beginning. I want you to know the details. The truth. For one, my name is Harcourt. Caleb Harcourt." Sharpe had always been an alias. "Please...it's the least I can do. If you want to walk away after my story...well, I won't stop you."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 0:40:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Still Caleb. Guess that's one thing you didn't lie about."
[break][break]

It's cold and it's unfair, but everything in Orion's posture signals his discomfort. Hunched shoulders, wary gaze, and the stillness of his hands.[break][break]

He still hasn't touched his drink.
[break][break]

He huffs, shifting a hand to Altair's fur.
[break][break]

"Fine."
[break][break]

It was the best Caleb could hope for.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 12:21:51 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

Orion had consented. Caleb let out a small sigh of relief. Sure, Orion still gave off the energy of a grumpy Cacturne, but it was something. It was more than enough.[break][break]
So Caleb spoke. In a quiet, steady tone he told Orion everything. He talked about his childhood in Lavender Town with Zev and his parents. How he'd met Lyra, the Lapras that had been with him since he was ten years old. He talked about high school, college...the fun times and the difficulties. Academics had not come easily to him, he had always been more of a hands on learner.[break][break]
"This might surprise you, but my major was anthropology, minor in archeology. I'd wanted to like, dig up artifacts. Learn about old cultures. It felt exciting to me, you know, like the Raiders of the Lost Archeops movie. I hadn't been prepared for how many tests were involved in what I thought would be a more...adventurous path."[break][break]
It had been a silly dream, in the end.[break][break]
Caleb explained how he'd been sucked into Rocket - which, at that time, had been merely a small crime gang in Saffron City. "I dropped out of college, took up smuggling and other illegal activities with the friends I'd made. I..." he paused. "...was young and stupid back then, and desperate for validation. I had no intentions of hurting anyone, Orion. Never had. But..." He hesitated, deciding not to mention 's role in Rocket. After all, he'd promised to protect his brother's Rocket identity. "There were people I really cared about...who I didn't want to disappoint."[break][break]
Before he knew it, war was developing. Things seemed to escalate far faster than he could have ever imagined. He'd tried to help his parents, but they didn't make it out of Lavender when the fires started. The world began to crumble around him, and Caleb had...simply let it burn.[break][break]
"I was a coward," he affirmed. "Scared I'd be executed if I disobeyed. Kanto Rocket was...Orion, I can't even put it into words. Evil. They were - are - evil. They turned everything around them to dust, myself included. I became a useless cog in a terrible wheel. Until..." he took a sip of his drink, dreading this next part. Until he'd met Leo and the Kanto Resistance, had infiltrated their ranks on a Rocket assignment but had become enamored with the bravery and grit he'd encountered amongst them. He'd lied to Rocket for them, tried to help their cause.[break][break]
His story finished with the brief explanation of how he was forced to execute those men and women, in the end. Leo, who he'd come to love deeply. The Resistance, who's side he'd finally started to find the courage to support. Leo had looked him right in the eye and nodded. Do it Caleb. They'll kill me anyway. You might still get out of this.[break][break]
His drink was gone. His mouth was dry. A haunted expression and an aching heart. He gazed at Orion across the table, hoped the other man could see just how much he regretted so many of his life choices to date.[break][break]
"After that, I escaped. I thought I was going to die, but I made it out. I came here. I tried to start over, become a better person."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 0:44:11 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

To Orion's (very minimal) credit, he listens.
[break][break]
His eyes narrow when Caleb mentions smuggling, betraying exactly what he thinks of that. It didn't sound as if Caleb had been sucked in at all. It sounds as if he'd willingly involved himself in illegal activities in a region full of criminals.
[break][break]
But, as he'd promised to hear Caleb out, he purses his lips and doesn't interrupt.
[break][break]
Coward, Caleb labels himself, and Orion huffs in evident agreement. His gaze is not kind.
[break][break]
Though he can feel the regret exuded by the man across the table, he cannot bring himself to feel sympathy.
[break][break]
"Everyone has their excuses." His metal fingers curl into a fist. "You know who did this to me? . You probably knew him." He spits the words. Choi had been a Beast in Kanto. "Fed me some sob story about being abused as a kid, as if that made it okay to fucking torture me. I didn't do shit to him."
[break][break]
He slams his fist down on the table, making their drinks jump. Several patrons look over at their table, but for once Orion seems oblivious to social scrutiny. Anger blazes in his emerald eyes.
[break][break]
"How many people have you killed that didn't do shit to anyone?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 20:00:52 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

"Knew of him," Caleb corrected patiently, in regards to . "He wasn't my friend or anything." He hadn't really had the chance to get to know the man; they were often assigned to different missions - and as a Beast, Chu-e had been a rank above Caleb.[break][break]
Caleb tried to remain calm. Orion's stubborn refusal to see the nuance in Caleb's story was frustrating. All the same, the man was clearly traumatized, and who was Caleb to try and tell him that his trauma didn't matter? That he ought not focus on it or feel his anger fully? Caleb had been there once, and it hadn't ever really faded. It had taken three years for it to fade to the background, the only solace he felt he deserved.[break][break]
"I never killed anyone truly innocent," Caleb muttered quietly. "Corrupt politicians, military veterans, rival criminal gangs. When they asked me to execute an entire family - including the children - I put my foot down. I was beaten within an inch of my life for refusing that one."[break][break]
Dark, troubling memories. Zev had not said a word as Caleb had been punished for his "weakness." Tired blue eyes stared intently at Orion. Perhaps this would come to nothing. Perhaps their friendship really was over. At least Caleb had come clean, had told him everything. A weight lifted from shoulders unaccustomed to lightening their burden.[break][break]
"So is this goodbye, then?" Caleb asked quietly.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 15:47:25 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You think that matters?"[break][break]

could've hated , for all he cared. He'd still stood by and did nothing as Rocket destroyed lives, families, an entire region. Worse, he'd taken part, thereby condoning everything that Beasts like Choi did.[break][break]

His eyes narrow as Caleb elaborates, doubt swimming in their depths.[break][break]

"So they told you," he growls. "How do you know? And why do you get to decide who's innocent and who's not?"[break][break]

Hypocrisy, thy name is Orion.[break][break]

In spite of his blazing anger, he falters at the quiet words of parting. Against his expectations, his eyes sting with tears. His cheeks flush as he tries to blink them away, averting his gaze from the man across the table.[break][break]

You're one of my only friends.[break][break]

He can't bring himself to say it.[break][break]

Neither can be bring himself to storm off.[break][break]

"I — I don't know," he snaps, still not looking at Caleb as he swipes irritably at his damp cheeks. "We'd still have to see each other at work. Shit's awkward enough as it is."[break][break]

He's grasping for straws, for reasons to stay.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 0:52:33 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

Was Orion...crying?[break][break]
A long, poignant moment of awkward indecision: should Caleb reach for his friend? Try and comfort him? Or should he actually get up and walk away, leave Orion to his misery? Would the later actually accomplish the former?[break][break]
Fuck it, Caleb thought. He stood, circled the table, and sat down next to Orion rather than across from him.[break][break]
"You idiot," Caleb muttered, though his tone was affectionate. He reached for the other man, knowing Orion usually hated hugs but trusting his instincts this one time. "You're allowed to want to me to stay in your life. Even if you're still convinced I'm a terrible person. Even if you hate me. I get it."[break][break]
He did get it. This whole time, hadn't he managed to convey just how much he hated himself, and yet chose to keep working on himself all the same? It wasn't easy, living with the tremendous amount of guilt that chewed away at his heart. He carried it like a sack of heavy bricks bearing down on his back, a load he could never - would never - put down.[break][break]
"I care about you," Caleb told him. "Curse me to hell if you want, but that's not going to change any time soon."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:13:51 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Like a deer in headlights, Orion stiffens and looks at Caleb with wide eyes as the other circles the table to close the distance between them, but doesn't bolt as his instincts scream at him to do. Instead, he awkwardly shifts to afford Caleb a little more personal space.[break][break]

Of course, Caleb wasn't looking for space.[break][break]

Orion might've been offended by the endearment if not for his brain short-circuiting the moment Caleb reached for him.[break][break]

It's been a while since he's been held by anyone like this. Against his judgement, he breaks down and leans into the touch.[break][break]

"I don't..."[break][break]

Know what I want, is what he wants to say, but the words get tangled behind a stumbling tongue.[break][break]

When he tries again, what comes out is, "I don't hate you."[break][break]

Admitting his own hypocrisy feels more embarrassing than the tears.[break][break]

"I should," he mumbles, acknowledging the contradiction, "but you, uh." He pulls back a little, but not enough to fully separate them. "It's complicated. I don't really know what I'm feeling."[break][break]

But I don't want you to go.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 18:45:03 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

I don't hate you.[break][break]
Caleb let out a soft sigh of relief as he held Orion. It was more than he deserved, more than he could have hoped for, but it still felt good to hear it out loud. He recognized the pain in Orion's confession, however. I hate them, was what he meant. Rocket. The people who'd hurt him, who'd made Caleb into the sort of person Orion now felt deeply conflicted about.[break][break]
"It's allright not to know," Caleb murmured, hoping he sounded reassuring. "You're safe with me, though. You can know that at least."[break][break]
It wasn't entirely true. The threat Zev posed still loomed in the background of Caleb's life, technically capable of harming anyone close to Caleb. But right now, he didn't want to focus on Zev. He wanted to focus on Orion and his needs. He wanted someone he cared about to understand that Caleb himself would never be a danger to him.[break][break]
"Do you want to stay here and hang out more? Or do you want to go somewhere a little more private?" Caleb asked, then blushed, realizing all the various implications of his second suggestion. "It's okay if you want to go home, too," he added quickly, not wanting to pressure his friend.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 14:35:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

You're safe with me.[break][break]

How many times has he felt safe with someone? He can count the few on a single, titanium hand. Life has taught him little of safety and far too much of fear and suspicion. And he's tired, so fucking tired of keeping his guard up all the time.[break][break]

So for Caleb, at least this once, he lets it down.[break][break]

"Okay," he agrees, nodding. Then again, flicking his gaze up to meet Caleb's with an affirming, "Okay."[break][break]

Such vulnerability is far more difficult in a public setting, and the back of his neck burns as Caleb's question reminds him as much. Then his entire face burns as the implication, which he'd been too distracted at first to recognize, sets in.[break][break]

He purses his lips, unsure whether to laugh or cry or hide his face.[break][break]

"No, I... we can go somewhere else."[break][break]

He's suddenly way, way too aware of how close they're sitting, and his heart feels as if it might explode from his chest.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 14:00:41 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

SOCIAL

The tension broke between them, like a stretched rubber band finally snapping. The process had been painful, but worth it. Relief flooded through him, and Caleb smiled, accepting Orion's softly spoken "okay" as the closest thing he might get to true acceptance from the other man.[break][break]
Their closeness was electric, and Caleb couldn't help but notice the way Orion blushed cutely, transfixed by the idea of "somewhere more private." It was so endearing, Caleb had half a mind to lean in and kiss him, but he figured doing that might kill Orion on the spot.[break][break]
"We can go back to my place if you want," he offered, hoping he didn't sound like he was trying to take advantage of Orion. "We can do something totally chill, like watch a movie. Or we can talk more, I'll tell you anything you'd like to know. Sound good?"[break][break]
Caleb felt oddly protective of Orion, like he wanted to ensure the other man couldn't be burned further by his hatred of Rocket. Caleb knew what could happen to a person if they gave into their emotional pain, let it consume them. He'd been on the precipice of such an existence nearly his entire life.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Caleb’s Outfit[break]
- Social![break]
- Prompts

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]