TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Finnegan's Plotter
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 15:33:05 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

finnegan yang

27 + he/him + swordsman + chief trainer at flying sword school

INFORMATION

Finnegan is a swordsman in every sense of the word. He can feel the world through his two blades - pick up the breeze on their edges, caress as gently as a lover's lips, and bring a foe to their knees. He's currently the chief swordsman at Flying Sword School in Fortree, where the locals know him as their tough, stern but totally reliable teacher and village chief who rewards his most earnest students with a rare smile.

RELATIONSHIPS

Friends
Finnegan bonds through action and companionship; he'd pick up his satchel and travel with you if he considers you a friend. Absolutely keeps his emotions to himself. A man of the sword, he values people who work hard and are disciplined. Despite his rough exterior, he's a good teacher who gives measured, comforting feedback. Think McGonagall vibes but more gruff and dirty.

Enemies
Finnegan hates the Jets - a pugilistic clan with whom the Yangs have a historical feud. On a less hostile note, he disdains people who lack the fortitude to commit to things, and people with weak commands over their minds.

Romantic
Finnegan is bi but mostly slants towards men. He's too caught up with being the new Yang patriarch to date... or so he thinks. As his clan's patriarch and school chief, he has a lot to live up to, including always appearing strong (read: masc and straight) in front of the entire community. So, he has never been able to settle down with a partner in his area because he doesn't have that license to be emotionally vulnerable, and to deviate from the image of a masculine lead figure. He has a few lady friends that he meets whenever he has needs, but while these rendezvous keep his urges satiated, he has never felt taken care of.

All this to say, yes let's chat about potential awkward buddy bromances that may eventually blossom into something more!

QUICK LINKS:
APP | PC | PLOTTER | TRACKER | GARDEN

Please tag me on Discord if you post below. Thanks!

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
Finnegan's Plotter
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 8:08:23 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
&

So the two of them probably have different views on what discipline means to the other but they do both know the value of some good old hard work. So they probably have a budding yet begrudging friendship at the very start. Kaz would definitely approach his school for instruction and desire to learn out of curiosity (that and he used to fight using honedge as his blade but that was a while ago. he's afraid he's too rusty to pick it back up) and after being impressed by his skill might hang around just to keep learning more and more. Given both Kaz's resolve and devil may care attitude he could probably be a bit of a conflicting friendship for Finn on the small scale if that sounds good to you.
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Finnegan's Plotter
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 9:22:50 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Hey, that sounds good! I'm excited to explore how their relationship develops. Could you please start? :)