Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 2:43:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Eris' smile started to fade, and Isaac knew he'd stumbled on the wrong thing. He flinched a little as she averted her eyes, his own glancing away as well. All he wanted to do was reassure her. All he wanted to do was promise her the world. All he wanted to do was believe in her dreams as much as she believed in his. And yet . . .[break][break]

Did she believe in herself nearly as much?[break][break]

He left his hand atop her head, as if afraid of denying her that last little bit of comfort. And instead of running his mouth for a change, he bit his tongue and let her speak.[break][break]

He knew her fears all too well. He'd always been the bad kid. He'd always been the one who wasn't good enough. He'd always been the scapegoat. It was all too easy for a man he refused to call father to blame him for everything. It was all too easy for him, in the absence of positive reinforcement, to stop trying at all. That was why it was all the more important to for Isaac to tell Eris the truth.[break][break]

"You didn't deserve any of this."[break][break]

The fact that it had been League law enforcement that had done this . . . no, the fact that it had been a Ranger. Clearly, Isaac's concerns about them being militarized into another branch of the League's army weren't unfounded. But who? What Ranger had both an active hand in law enforcement affairs and the willingness to taze a child?[break][break]

"I hate seeing you like this, Eris. You always think the best of everyone you meet, but when it comes to yourself . . ." He didn't dare finish that thought. "It's not fair to you. And it's not fair that some power-tripping asshole's making you feel worse, when they're the one that left a child bleeding to death in a ditch."[break][break]

Isaac didn't believe in the League's law, and even he knew this wasn't what it was for. There was a reason no one man could be judge, jury, and executioner. There was a reason there were due processes. There was a reason why Pokemon could learn nonlethal techniques; Hypnosis, Fairy Locks, even just surrounding a target with more Pokemon than they could fight through.[break][break]

He thought about his own concerns, that the stakes of Rocket jobs would escalate drastically now that they had declared open war. He wanted to tear the League apart with his bare hands for turning those stakes against a child. He wanted to do the same to Rocket for even putting her, no, all of them in that position in the first place.[break][break]

"Nobody deserves what happened. But especially not you. Not when your worst crime's just wanting to stop getting dragged into this war . . ." Tears stung at his eye, but he bitterly fought them back. It was becoming increasingly tempting to just leave this Arceus-forsaken hellhole behind and try to start a new life elsewhere.[break][break]

But how could he do that to the people he loved?[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 6:29:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I- I couldn't trust... I was scared of trusting..."[break][break]

She's grown afraid of believing in their words because of how much that faith had taken from her. And if she dared, what else would they take from her? How much more could they take? Her grip on Reiner's paw tightens and though he flinches, he doesn't ever pull away.[break][break]

"I ran, even when he said he just wanted to ask questions... I told him he could just ask me right there and then but he told me no... I- I didn't know anything about what they wanted either... I was scared...."[break][break]

Her fault - She had started this entire mess because she hadn't believed in him... because she wasn't brave enough to try... Should she have agreed? Should she simply have followed without any questions? Is it her fault for not having any answers to what he wanted to know? Everything seems to weigh in the more she pokes at the problem, the more she sees what she could and shouldn't have done.[break][break]

"I don't wanna go back... I don't wanna get in trouble..."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 13:42:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The fact that she was so scared, and tried so hard to comply anyway, left Isaac disgusted to the core. She tried to play ball, but some power tripping asshole decided it wouldn't be good enough unless she followed him to a secluded spot? And this was a man who proved he had no issue with mauling a child?[break][break]

"From the sounds of it, you were already alone. So it's not like he had to worry about being overheard. And even if he did, if the questions he's asking are on the level, what's he so afraid of?" Was he basically trying to take Eris into custody without warrant? "And he refused to bring in someone to back him up, even when you asked for it. Did he show you a badge to prove who he was? Did he have a body cam on him?"[break][break]

The idea of some sick fuck pretending to be a ranger, just to drag a child into a secluded area and leave them for dead . . .[break][break]

Ugh. Isaac didn't want to even entertain that thought. But he also didn't want to think that the one branch of Hoenn's government he didn't loathe would hire someone that could fly off the handle and nearly murder a child for resisting arrest. What would Anna think? What would Julia?[break][break]

What would Josh?[break][break]

"You were protecting yourself." Whether this was a genuine criminal or some wannabe Judge Dredd, Eris was doing the bare minimum to make sure she wouldn't get killed. "You tried to compromise. They tried to kill you. None of that is your fault, okay? And if anyone ever tries to make you feel like it is . . ."

And now Eris didn't want to go back to Mauville, the forest she'd called a home. She didn't want to go back to a League society that hurt her so. Once again, thanks to the incompetence of the Hoenn League, people who deserved better were being driven into the comforting, suffocating embrace of Team Rocket. Worry knit in Isaac's brow at Eris' words. He could stop this. He may have been the only one he could. But how could he just override her worries while she laid there in fear and pain?[break][break]

"They'll miss you, you know." The forest, and all of its denizens and mischief makers, relied on Eris. Could she truly run from them forever? "We're gonna need to go back to the forest sometime, if only to let them know you're okay. But before we can worry about that, you need to get some rest, alright?"[break][break]

He felt like a coward. He felt like he was delaying the inevitable. He felt like he was helpless to stop Rocket from sinking their talons into Eris so long as she was here, just like Ash, and Matt, and Asher, and Levi, and so many others, and even himself. Yet the idea of tearing her from what little comfort she had after a near death experience disgusted him. He'd hate himself if he acted. He'd hate himself if he did nothing. And while he waited, he hated himself for being unable to commit.[break][break]

Yet he still held his head high. He still kept a soft, reassuring smile on his face. He still forced himself to hold it together and be Eris' rock, because who else could be right now?[break][break]

"And when you're ready, I'll be right by your side. And I'll never let this happen again."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 14:21:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"They said we were gonna go to the station... it could've been true..."[break][break]

And she knows what it means for her if that was his intent to begin with, how the higher ups of the League might view her. Even if asks if they'd shown their badge, she knows that she wouldn't simply have trusted them anyways.[break][break]

Don't you remember how things with turned out?
[break]

But Isaac was right in that she couldn't just abandon her home back in the Mauville forest, that she had so much more she wanted to do.[break][break]

"Is Rosie... Gladis- Does she know I'm alive?" Rest won't come easily when those thoughts spring to mind, "Do they- I didn't mean to- I need to let them know."[break][break]

It eats at her, knowing that she would leave those kind souls she loved like family just hanging without any kind of answer or closure. For a brief moment, she tries to push herself out of bed, as if she might just crawl back to Mauville if that's what's required of her. But Reiner tugs at her arm, readily keeps her from getting any further before she hurts herself even more.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 14:48:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Far as I can tell, he's either a liar, a sadist, or incompetent." Those were the only explanations for how a man of the law could nearly murder a child. "Even if they're telling the truth, don't you dare let them tell you you don't have rights."[break][break]

The rueful thought passed through Isaac's head that maybe, in the eyes of the League, people like them didn't.[break][break]

Seeing Eris try to force her way out of bed left fear shooting straight through Iris' heart. Were Reiner not there to block her, he'd damn near intervene himself.[break][break]

Instead, he softly took her hand, letting what little strength he had flow from him to her. "Don't worry. I've got you covered," he assured her. "I sent Echo back as soon as we were in Sootopolis. He cleared everything up for them. And just in case, I left half my team back there to help tend to the forest while you're gone."[break][break]

"Echo, think you can go back and let them know she's awake?" The Ralts on his shoulder fired off a salute, ready to warp off again. However, before he could, Isaac held up a single hand to stop him. "Whoa there, not quite yet buddy."[break][break]

"Got anything you want to tell 'em?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 5:48:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He'd left pokemon there to help out. Of course he would, he had always tried his best to help her after all. Resistance turns to begrudging acceptance, then a long and shaky sigh; She leans back into her pillow and ponders just what she would want to say.[break][break]

A promise that would bind her and force her to work up courage to face it once more. What more can she say when they already know what she's like? How she tends to minimise the pain? They had probably already seen the blood shed and come to conclusions of their own - After all, they were smart creatures that knew what it meant to be injured in battle.[break][break]

Short and to the point.[break][break]

"I'll see them soon. Promise."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 12:56:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With that promise, Eris ensured she wouldn't hide away from the world forever. Right now, that was all Isaac could ask for.[break][break]

Echo fired off a salute and teleported away, beginning his mission to bring peace back to the long-suffering forest. Who knows? Perhaps if certain anxious Pokemon couldn't wait to make sure, he'd be able to bring them back on the return trip. Willow, Griffin, and Eclipse would have surely brought them together by now, after all.[break][break]

In the meantime, Isaac took a seat next to Eris. The poor guy practically melted into it, all of the fatigue and stress he'd felt pushing down on him like a planet's worth of gravity. With how restless he had been, even these cheap, hard clinic chairs were starting to feel comfortable.[break][break]

He fought the urge to doze. Instead, he turned to the bed next to him, giving Eris one more once-over to make sure she was okay. If she wasn't now, she would be later. He had the utmost faith in her. "Hey, Eris?" he asked, rifling through his brain to find just the right words for the complicated storm of emotions raging through his heart. Finally, a small smile spread across his face as he settled on a precious few.

"I'm proud of you."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 0:14:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Seeing just how he flops into the chair nearly gives her a heart attack, her body tensing as she readies for him to simply collapse onto the ground at any moment. But he holds it together, battling the weariness just to find those little bits of words to comfort her, to reassure her.[break][break]

And yet, she's unable to pull out a smile for him, that same worry and upset still etched within her eyes as she gently holds his hand.[break][break]

"Get some rest... I'll still be here when you wake up."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 3:36:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac couldn't help but laugh wearily as Eris fussed over him. It wasn't because it was funny. None of this was funny. But it was so weird and screwed up in a cosmic sense that how could he do anything but laugh?[break][break]

"Half a day ago you were asking me if you were dying. And now you're practically crawling out of bed to start fussing over the whole dang planet again." His sigh was equal parts weary, worried, and fond. "And here I'm supposed to be the stubborn one."[break][break]

He gave her hand a soft, reassuring squeeze, as if to prove to her that he wasn't going anywhere. "Trust me. I've stayed up way later for way worse reasons. This is nothing." The sad part was, this wasn't even a lie. Isaac wasn't exactly a role model when it came to day-to-day selfcare.[break][break]

Yet here he was, thrust into the role regardless.[break][break]

"How about this. I get some rest. But you get some rest too, okay? Arceus knows you need it more than I do." The yawn swallowing up Isaac's words did little to prove his point, but he stood by them nonetheless. "That sound like a deal?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 5:20:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's easier to focus on the things she can do, that she wants to do, that she hopes she can do; rather than the things she feels daunted to tackle. She has no way to contact those that she should and honestly, she's too out of sorts to provide any helpful information to those who might ask. Worst of all, she can't help that painful chill that rips through her guts at the thought of being asked anything else.[break][break]

Still, it helps when he squeezes her hand back, listening to him cutting some kind of deal as if he might actually win this battle against his tired mind.[break][break]

"Okay..."[break][break]

What else can she say when he's asking this earnestly? She shuffles a little in her bed, pulling her pillow and squishing it just that bit before putting it back. Then she lays back, looking up to the darkened ceiling as Reiner makes himself comfortable too. It's silent for a good few minutes, the shadows dancing through the window and creating a rather blurry recreation of the streets outside. Every now and then, her blanket rustles as she twists and turns a little until she finds that most comfortable and cold spot on the bed.[break][break]

Everything's still, the crashing of waves against the shore nearby slowly lulling them to sleep... But her voice comes quiet, as if wishing to be drowned out by the whispers of night.[break][break]

"Isaac...? Are you still awake?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 13:08:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Two forces waged a neverending war within Isaac. His body, practically melted into the visiting room's chair, begged him for sleep. His mind, hyperactively bouncing between terror at what could have been and relief at what mercifully wasn't, demanded he not succumb.[break][break]

The end result was a strange sense of purgatory, laying alone in the dark with neither dream nor rest. His eyes darted back and forth beneath closed lids, as if trying to find sense in the spots and patterns behind them. Thoughts, too unformed to be joined by word or image, swam through his head. Whenever he tried to grasp them they slipped through his fingers, dissolving back into the nothingness from which they came.[break][break]

Hours passed, and yet when Isaac pried an eye open the clock on the wall had crept forward by a minute. The chair pressing into his back left his muscles sore and throbbing, yet whenever he pried away from it they craved the relief it provided. He tried to get up and do some stretching, but his legs refused to move out of protest.[break][break]

This wasn't the fatigue of a single day speaking. This was the fatigue of the entire past year.[break][break]

A voice, tiny and whispered, cut through the darkness. Isaac remembered what he was fighting for.[break][break]

"Mmhm," he half muttered, because stringing words together required actually having thoughts in his head, let alone the coordination to express them. If Eris were to look at him, it'd almost be like he was talking in his sleep. "Wassup?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 19:37:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He sounds tired. Why wouldn't he be tired after everything that's happened? Guilt should be the first thing bubbling up and yet, she can't quite explain the bits of relief that prickle at her chest.[break][break]

"Can we... keep a light on...?"[break][break]

So nothing will jump out of the shadows, so she can look over whenever she needs to check he isn't just some figment of her imagination.[break][break]

"Just for a bit...

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 19:48:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]There was silence in the darkness. It was as if, for just a moment, the room had been swallowed up in the abyss.[break][break]

Then a light pierced through the darkness. The little desk lamp on the table behind Isaac's chair sprang to life, chasing away the shadows that were surrounding the exhausted man. "Thery'go," he half said, half mumbled, turning away from the light just long enough to shoot Eris a sleepy smile. "S'good?"[break][break]

With that done, he slumped back into his chair. His eyes eased shut, no amount of fluttering re-opening them. His body sank as if gravity was pulling it into a puddle of liquid. His breathing started to steady, the anxiety of his waking hours giving way to pure stillness of the night.[break][break]

"Hey. Y'needn'thing?"[break][break]

And yet, he still spoke.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 23:56:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]To be given no immediate answer sets her on edge. Maybe he'd just been talking in his sleep, maybe he was too tired to deal with her shenanigans. But eventually it clicks, even if she flinches at the noise, the darkness is swept up by the gentle glow and her fears silenced as she gains a glimpse of his smile.[break][break]

Does she need anything else? Even when he's on the brink of drifting off, she's still stuck in her little world of thorned and nauseating worries.[break][break]

Stay awake... I don't wanna be alone.[break]
You'll still be here when I wake up, right?

You'll keep the monsters away?[break][break]

Her fingers press and knit the small folds of her blanket together, her knees pulling closer to her chest.[break][break]

"Can... can you tell me a story?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:49:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, Arceus. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was on the brink of collapse.[break][break]

"Oarceyakillinme," Isaac muttered, looking towards the door. "Charlesgetchabuttovehere." Were these even words at this point? Was Isaac speaking the language of the gods?[break][break]

Or was he saying just the right things to conjure a horse into this hospital. Charles trotted into the room, sighing and rolling his eyes before launching a Heal Pulse right Isaac's way. The man shuddered for a second, enough adrenaline spiking through his system to put a Five Hour Energy to shame.[break][break]

"Alright! That's what I'm talking about," Isaac said, taking hold of this rush while it lasted. "Now, where were we?"[break][break]

Isaac cleared his throat, and then he began to speak. "Once, there was a little dragon. She was brave as a lion, clever as a raven, and had a heart of solid gold. And all she wanted was to spread her wings and soar around the world. She wanted to take in the highest peaks and the deepest oceans, the hottest jungles and the coldest frosts, see all the strange and wonderful beasts of the land and plants of the forests.[break][break]

"Yet she was a dragon still, however small. She walked like a dragon. She talked like a dragon. She wore great treasure like a dragon. And for that, though she had nothing but love in her heart, she always felt that little bit on the outside.[break][break]

"Then, one day, a visitor came to dwell among the dragons. He claimed to be a knight, stripped of his name and his title. He had been shunned first by his home, then by the villages down below, and for this he had been driven to banditry. For his crimes, he had become a wanted man, and he sought sanctuary among those he hoped would understand.[break][break]

"The little dragon was unsure. You don't have the sharp scales and claws of a dragon, she said. You don't breathe fire like a dragon, she said. You bear no dragon's treasure, she said. You cannot even fly, as we dragons can![break][break]

"The bandit knight simply laughed. He could not argue most of what she had to say, but he knew that there were many ways to fly.

"As he refused to leave, the two became fast friends instead. The bandit knight, while no true dragon himself, was fierce and determined. He kept the little dragon safe, both from the villagers down below and her larger, crueler packmates. In turn, the little dragon taught him the ways of her kind; how to walk like a dragon, how to talk like a dragon, and how to find a hoard to one day call his own.[break][break]

"Yet dragonkind was not all they spoke of. They spoke, too, of adventures, an interest that they oh so eagerly shared. The bandit knight told of the wildernesses he'd trudged through, the towns he'd hidden within, the low-down view of all the lands beneath the dragons' roost. In turn, the little dragon dreamed of the lands she'd see once her wings were to come in; the highest peaks and deepest oceans, the hottest jungles and coldest frosts, and all the strange and wonderful beasts of the land and plants of the forests.[break][break]

"When her wings grew in, they agreed, they would see the world together.[break][break]

"The closer the two became, the more the little dragon wondered about who she was. For all the time she spent among the dragons, she never quite grew to match their size and strength. For all the time she spent fearful of the villages down below, she felt a yearning in her heart to walk among them, and see the world as men do. At times, she was unsure if she could fit into either life.[break][break]

"She asked the bandit knight, who walked among the villages as if he was one of their own, how he blended in. And at this, he could only laugh. 'You'll fit right in!' he said. 'Were the townsfolk simply to know you as I have, I know they'd love you.'[break][break]

"The little dragon protested, for she knew this was not true. She looked like a dragon, she said. She spoke like a dragon. She wore great treasure like a dragon. She was a dragon, and she was to be feared by those below.[break][break]

"Perhaps, the bandit knight said, for he knew all too well of how close minded the realms below could be. But while she looked like a dragon, she lacked their sharp scales and claws. While she spoke like a dragon, she lacked their flaming breath. And while she wore a dragon's treasure, her greatest treasure was her golden heart.[break][break]

"The little dragon remembered her words to the bandit knight. She began to wonder if she was a dragon at all. Worse of all, she began to fear that she would never find her wings.[break][break]

"At this, the bandit knight took little dragon's hand. He promised her that, of all the dragons and all of the men he had met, she was truly the best of both. He promised her that he would continue to protect her, as he always had, so long as she continued to teach him, as she always had. And he promised her that, as he had said many moons ago, that there were many ways to fly.[break][break]

"He would stand by her side until they found it, even if the odds of the world weighed against them. And once they did, they would sail across the stars, going on all those great adventures they promised each other.[break][break]

"They say to this day, if you watch the midnight sky, you might see a great ship drifting along the starlight. And on that ship are a cunning knight who walks like a bandit and a brave adventurer who walks like a dragon. And the story of their adventures has only just begun."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights