[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Everything feels like a blur as the bloodied forest melts into open blue skies. She remembers the agonising pain that she had suppressed by biting down on her tongue, the tears that had welled up in her eyes as she dug her nails into her wrists. There had been the creaking of a door, the flash of a familiar face, the uncomfortable chill of a table, the blinding lights of an operating room.[break][break]

At some point, must have been shooed away from the room, the lack of a hand grasping onto hers being the most notable thing in her mess of surroundings. There are glints and murmurs, things that she can't quite identify being shifted around the room. Pain digs into her back: Burns, pokes, prickles and pulls as she tries her best to muffle her sobbing but to no avail.[break][break]

At some point, reality mixes with the imaginary, the girl slipping in and out of consciousness until it finally stops. And the next time anything identifiable slips into view, she spies a sliver of a crescent moon through the window blinds. And with a bit more time spent looking around, she finds Reiner dozing peacefully at the foot of her bed, his tail flicking every now and then as he scrunches his nose.[break][break]

Her throat prickles as she gingerly swallows, her fingers numb as she clenches and relaxes her fists. Whatever painkillers good ol' doc had put into her bloodstream, they really were going above and beyond in terms of just how effective they were.[break][break]

"Mesprit?" Her voice echoes through the empty room, sinking under the sharpness of the beeping heartrate monitor. The pixie doesn't seem like she'd be outside the room considering the minor commotion she hears through the door - Something about... harbouring? Who's even out there to begin with?[break][break]

As long as they don't come in, it'll probably be fine.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 14:17:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"-harboring that little shit? After the last stunt she pulled here?"[break][break)]

"Shoulda left her on the curb if you ask me. Brat had it coming."[break][break]

"Nah, nah, nah. Toss her in the Beast's den. Bet 'd love to get some payback."[break][break]

"Ha! Now that'd be a show!"[break][break]

A pair of Grunts had gathered outside Eris' door, speculating as to her fate. Her decision to speak out at the summit had gotten her on thin ice, and that meant those with few prospects themselves started to smell blood in the water. With Eris returning to Sootopolis for the first time in months, that blood was thicker and murkier than ever.[break][break]

"Oh, trust me, you guys don't know the half of it." An arm wrapped around one's shoulders; it was none other than Isaac Merlo. He looked a little haggard and a little sleepless, but he was all smiles as he shot his buddy of the hour a conspiratorial glance. "You wanna hear a little secret?"[break][break]

"This should be good." Smirking, the grunt leaned in. Isaac motioned for him to come closer. Closer still. Just a little bit closer.[break][break]

Before the Grunt knew it, Isaac's skull was slamming into his face, causing it to explode into a flash of blood and pain. He bucked back, hands covering his nose. Before he could even start to bellow, the arm lazily draped around his shoulders turned into an iron grip. Isaac drove the grunt down, drove his knee up, and what started as a roar of pain quickly shriveled into a pitiful little squeak. Even that was cut off as Isaac jabbed his other hand right into the man's solar plexus, both dishing out some major pain and setting him up to ground him with a leg sweep.[break][break]

The other Grunt looked on in shock, horror, and rage. Isaac turned to him, tilting his head a little and grinning from ear to ear. He motioned for the Grunt to come at him, and he obliged in a furious, desperate rush of haymakers. Isaac ducked under the first, redirected the second with a block, but the third seemed to be dead on.[break][break]

It was so dead on that Isaac seemed to vanish on contact.[break][break]

Confused, the Grunt staggered back, only to bump into none other than Isaac. "Hey, buddy," he said, Echo popping out from behind his shoulder and waving. Before his foe could even process the Teleport that had happened, Isaac stepped on the back of his knee, bringing him down for a sleeper.[break][break]

"Here's the secret; don't threaten patients at a clinic, dumbass. Otherwise, you'll be joining 'em. Understand?" The Grunt tried pawing at Isaac's elbow at first, but one wrench of the arm and he was more than happy to comply. "Good boy."[break][break]

"If I hear her name outta your mouth again, you're gonna wish I stop here."[break][break]

He released the man from his grip, roughly shoving him away. Echo teleported around the Grunts, cheerfully showering them in Life Dew as if it was confetti. The only wounds they'd have left would be their pride. With that, Isaac stalked off to wash some of the blood out of his hair. He'd have to look presentable for visiting hours.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 23:27:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The talking continues for a bit, a low snicker waltzing through the door. And just as she hears the soft rattling of the door knob, flinching under the blanket, it all goes quiet again.[break][break]

Did something happen outside? The longer the silence drags on, the more she cowers.[break][break]

"Reiner...?" Though she whispers, the worry in her voice is more than enough to wake the sleeping Luxray. And after shaking the drowsiness out of his system, he carefully moves over to rest his head on her lap.[break][break]

"You haven't seen Mes, have you?"[break][break]

He shakes his head but the low growl is more than enough to reassure her.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:41:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Luckily, someone has seen Mes. And that someone perks up as soon as a nurse pokes his head through the door, letting the clinic's guests know that visiting hours were open.[break][break)

That was his cue. Isaac sprang up from his seat, giving the Grunt next to him a pat on the shoulder. "Time for me to bounce. Good luck with that promotion, eh Terry?" Terry answered him with a smoldering glare, hand still clamped over a once-broken nose. Either not moticing or not caring, Isaac finger gunned to his companion. "And Frank! Don't forget those ribs for the potluck, yeah?"[break][break]

"I'd say I'll see ya soon, but. I'd really rather not. Ciao!" He tossed a wave over his shoulder, leaving the two Grunts seething as they basked in the healing prowess of his Rapidash.[break][break]

Finally! Chatting with those two was insufferable! Now Isaac could turn his attention to someone who deserved it far more. He gingerly made his way over to Eris' room, being sure not to disturb her in case she was getting some sleep for a change.[break][break]

There was a bundled-up pile of blankets with a Reiner lying on top of it. That was probably Eris. He looked to the pile, then to Teiner, trying to judge if she was awake or if he should just hush up instead.[break][break]

If onlt the little traveler he smuggled in was quite so thoughtful.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 11:57:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]One tap, two taps on her lap - The signal that there's nothing for her to fear comes not long after the creaking of the door. And so she lowers the cover, slowly but surely, and she dares to take a peek.[break][break]

Only to see a pink blur zip from behind them and promptly crash into her face.[break][break]

The low hiss that she lets out seems to last forever. While her nose stings from the impact, it's nothing compared to that persisting ache in her back.[break][break]

"Glad... to see you too, Mes..." When she finally sits back into a more comfortable position, she shifts her arm just that bit to allow the pixie space to sit on her lap. Everything seems clearer now, her mind slowly sorting through every fragment of memory she has to piece together how she got here. And she eventually comes to the conclusion that no, she hadn't been dreaming that whole part about asking to come to Sootopolis.[break][break]

"Hope she didn't give you too much trouble?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 5:34:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"What, trouble? From who? This sweet little angel?"[break][break]

Isaac remembered spending a sleepless night chasing Mesprit around Sootopolis, trying to keep her out of sight from Team Rocket's prying eyes. He remembered how, when he finally caught her, she changed the game into teleporting him up the side of a cliff and giggling as he tried to get down.[break][break]

He remembered how, once she finally settled, her restlessness went from the body to the mind. He remembered when she whipped out a massive store of tape (where did she even get it?) and refused to let Isaac rest until they started doing arts and crafts with it. Perhaps Mes would even still be wearing the little hat made of tape he'd whipped up for her.[break][break]

He remembered when contentment gave way to worry, and Mesprit turned to stress eating. He ran through a lot of money in late-night street food trying to keep up with her legendary appetite, and even then she gorged herself on an entire bag of marshmallows that she'd stolen. There was something equal parts amusing and insane about the fact that Isaac had to give a Legendary Pokemon, a phantom beast that most people would never see in their lives, the freaking Heimlich maneuver.[break][break]

He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep that night. When he wasn't tending to Mesprit, he was far too worried about Eris to even think about shutting his eyes. But the fact that he could be right back in that clinic first thing made it all worth it.[break][break]

"Psh, nah. She was great."[break][break]

"But, hell. You don't gotta worry about me. Important thing here is, how're you holding up?" Isaac tried to keep that amused calm up, but a ground-down pile of dust wasn't much of a sturdy rock. He couldn't hold back the weariness in his smile or the concern that flashed in his eyes.[break][break]

But how could anyone blame him? All he wanted was for Eris to be okay.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 3:14:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's no hiding the way she raises a brow at him, her attention clearly focused on the dark circles beneath his eyes and the faint sweet scent lingering after Mesprit's hearty belch.[break][break]

"I wouldn't use angel to describe her but I'm not hearing anything about a fire started somewhere in the city so..."[break][break]

Mesprit grins and pats her stomach as Reiner scrunches his nose in disdain. And Eris just watches the pixie begin to poke at his nose whilst the questions are dropped.[break][break]

"The doc did a pretty good job of drugging me at the very least." She snorts, rolling her eyes as she mirror a weak smile. "They patched me up the last time Lugia scarred my back so I trust whatever they did this time."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 6:12:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac decided not to tell Eris about the fire that he put out before it got too bad.[break][break]

The fact that this wasn't Eris' first rodeo at the hospital was distressing enough. The fact that this wasn't the first time it was because her back had gotten torn to shit by a Pokemon she shouldn't have encountered was even more distressing. "Eris . . ." Isaac said, painfully aware of the fact that this wasn't normal in the slightest. "Please tell me that this was before Lugia bonded with Gavin, at least."[break][break]

The idea of the man he looked up to hurting someone so important to him . . .[break][break]

Still, at least this meant that Eris was in good hands. If they could put a child back together from having their shit destroyed by a legendary, they could handle even the nasty looking injury she'd been saddled with. Isaac could rest easy knowing that this clinic by the beach wasn't just a bunch of quacks.[break][break]

"Do you want to talk about what happened? I know big topics like this can be kinda . . ." Isaac trailed off. He didn't want to directly say she was the type to run away from her problems, but she did have a nasty tendency to shut down when pushed to talk about her problems like that. "Right now, the fact that you're okay's the only thing that matters to me. So we can talk about literally anything else, if you'd rather."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 6:53:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"No, but it was a complete accident. Lugia was fighting Yveltal and I kinda got caught in the middle." Shrugging, she feels the faint tug of her back and makes a mental note not to do it again. "It'll just leave a cool scar I can tell stories about!"[break][break]

Just another injury she has to explain to .[break][break]

"Do you think we can get a burner phone?" She's quick to interrupt him as soon as he starts asking, "Or at least, a letter to tell pa I'm fine?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 19:51:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac gave Eris That Look. Everyone knows the one; where it's clear he doesn't 100% believe her, and knows she's downplaying stuff, but is too glad to see her up and about to really push his skepticism.[break][break]

"Well, just make sure you take good care of it," he said. "That's how you make sure it comes out looking rad." Nobody wanted to see the after-effects of an infection, or an unevenly-healed, constantly-reopened wound. There was an art to a proper battle scar, damnit![break][break]

At the mention of a burner, Isaac whipped out his own. "Never leave home without it," Isaac said. He went to lob it Eris' way, but he quickly reconsidered after getting a second look at her condition. Instead, he leaned over to hand her the phone, a soft smile on his face.[break][break]

Truth be told, Isaac was worried sick about Eris. But he wasn't worried enough to start spying on the poor girl. Especially not when this was her first chance speaking with someone of immense importance to her. One of these days, he'd find out what had happened to Eris. He'd be able to assure her that everything was okay, keep her safe from any follow-ups and backlash, maybe even get her some much needed vengeance. But until then . . .[break][break]

"I can duck out for a bit, if you want. Give you two some privacy."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 23:40:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She downplays it, not only to reassure those around her but also to trick herself into believing that she'll be fine after it all. At one point in her life, she might have hated to have such scars, to see that look of horror on her father's face and that muted apprehension behind her mother's posture. But after how much of her body has been destroyed, she can only learn to embrace what others might see and work with the marks that fate has left her.[break][break]

"Doc will help out with that." She hums, readily accepting the burner phone, noting how little sensation she feels in her arm as she does so. "And nah, I'd rather not call him. He'll probably hear the way my words drag or stuff like that. He's pretty sharp."[break][break]

Instead, she begins to craft a message, carefully sprinkling in little things that only she would know just to make sure that knows it's her.[break][break]

"Anyways... did I say anything strange while... y'know?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 23:56:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]So the little shit had asked him for a phone she didn't even want to use, just to cut off his line of questioning. Isaac squinted at her, just a hair. wasn't the only sharp one around these parts.[break][break]

He was, however, too worried about her to not be a bit of an enabler. So she'd get away with it. This time.[break][break]

She opted to text instead of call. It preserved her privacy and let her hide the true extent of her non-okayness from her own pa. Clever girl, though Isaac knew Eris wouldn't be able to keep running forever.[break][break]

He knew all too well from his own experience.[break][break]

"You didn't say much," Isaac said. "Honestly? I was surprised you weren't just blacked out from the pain. But I guess you really are one tough cookie, huh?"[break][break]

"That said . . ." He couldn't hide it from her. Even if she hated confronting the truth, for once in her life she was asking about it. He knew it'd be unfair to hide it from her, even if it hurt. "Before you realized it was me, you looked to me, called me a name, as if trying to see if I was really there or not."[break][break]

A pause. A sigh.[break][break]

"You called me Connie."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:07:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I won't know what's going on if I pass out." Her fingers fly quick over the keyboard, tapping out her thoughts. Then she stops, looking it over once more before deleting it all and restarting. "It's dangerous... letting go entirely when you're bleeding out."[break][break]

She would know after all she's been through.[break][break]

But she stops typing completely the moment he brings up the name, her lips drawn thin as she takes a deep breath. Then she cracks, letting out a soft snicker and leaning back.[break][break]

"I guess you do look a little like him when you're all blurry."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:19:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Guess we're just a couple of cockroaches, huh?" Isaac asked, giving Eris a soft, fond hair ruffle. "Life's gonna throw way more at us than we deserve. But here we are, holding on anyway."[break][break]

"Never give up that focus, alright?" The pride in his smile gave way to gentle concern. "I'm not giving up on making a world where you don't have to look over your shoulder anymore. But even when we get there, a sharp eye like that's gonna serve you well."[break][break]

Truth be told, there was no such thing as a world where nobody had to worry. By the time they made it, would Eris even be young enough to still enjoy it?[break][break]

It was no matter. Even if he couldn't preserve her innocence, the least he could do was avenge it.[break][break]

That said, did she have to turn that awareness on him in turn? The stress on Eris' face gave way to a hint of amusement, her deep breath melting into a soft snicker. "So, do I, now?"[break][break]

"This someone I'm allowed to know about? Or is this another Eris secret?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dose || c
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 2:16:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't have to say anything to make him understand how she feels - Doubtful, haunted, unable to look him in the eyes as her smile begins to fade. A world where she doesn't have to look over her shoulder? She doesn't even know how things will unfold from here on out.[break][break]

"Do you think they'll believe me?" Her voice is but a whisper, "Are they going to blame me for what happened? Because I've tried to hurt them before? And I'm a bad kid?"[break][break]

Her fingers press against the phone till the tips grow white, her eyes glued to the flickering of the pointer on the screen.[break][break]

"I didn't start the fight... They said they were going to interrogate me but I didn't know if they were telling the truth... and then they tried to taze me so I ran..."[break][break]

She's trying so hard to keep it together, tension true in every letter she types out painfully slow.[break][break]

"I asked if they could call another ranger to confirm it... and they refused... I thought maybe they could be one of those who just... wanted to hurt me because of how I was related to pa... and I ran..."[break][break]

How does she write this? How does she tell ?[break][break]

"Is it my fault, Isaac...?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights