He/him
September 4
Ecruteak City
Gay
Tarot reader woowoo guy
Civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
34 posts
Mage Maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mage
Mage Maddox
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 2:32:36 GMT
Mage Maddox Avatar

"It's nice, isn't it?"

It might look like Mage was muttering to nobody in particular, but what most people couldn't see was Clarence the Drakloak wrapped invisibly around his neck like snakeskin. The water here felt familiar to them; it tasted of the dead. Things murmured underneath its surface, drawn to the haunted mountain standing in the fog.

Why would Mage keep coming back to the undead even after escaping Ecruteak City? Perhaps, after having been steeped in it for so long, it had become part of him too. Maybe he didn't know the extent to which the other side had sunk its claws into him. Was he fighting a futile battle, trying to exorcise himself, not knowing the priest is also the ghoul?

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 22:19:13 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Mage wasn’t the only one with an ethereal companion. Though his ghost pal was a little closer to him. To be more accurate, she was inside. The signs of this possession could be seen in the occasional flash of purple in his eyes. She said her feet were tired, so he’d decided to let his ghoulish guardian hitch a ride. The pack of grave covers she made was currently thrown over his shoulder. The old bird liked keeping her ghoulish buds warm.

'You should pick up some yarn on the way home. Multicolored. Four spools—no, six. Enough for a baby blanket.’ Obviously,, that thought wasn’t his own. He couldn’t knit. 'Crochet, Scotti. I crochet.' He murmured an apology. “Sorry, Bubbe. You know I’m not very artsy-fartsy.” Seemingly insulted by that, the grandmotherly voice vanished into an irritable silence.

Sure, ghosts could be kind of creepy. But Bubbe never bothered him. Or, well, she only did it because it was her job. Through her ability to split their pain, the Runerigus gave him back pain. Which wasn’t a good gift for most people. But for him it was a literal lifesaver. He now knew why sticking his hand in a fire was a great idea. It fricking hurt. Duh

A brow went up as he—they--rounded the corner. This guy seemed to be talking to himself. “Uhh…” He glanced up to where his Runerigus would normally float, forgetting she wasn’t there. It’d be rude to sneak by and not say anything. He craned around the dark-haired man to look in the water. It looked crystal clear. “You sure that’s sanitary?”

His reflection showed two different colored eyes.

[attr="class","bisc"]
[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 2:38:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEHEEYEM APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNCHRONOISE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SIMPLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANALYTIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MINIMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Robin

Mage
He/him
September 4
Ecruteak City
Gay
Tarot reader woowoo guy
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
34 posts
Mage Maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mage
Mage Maddox
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 14:12:01 GMT
Mage Maddox Avatar

Mage heard footsteps crackle in the wild grass, and then a question announcing another person's presence. He swept around to meet a man with a condition Mage could spot on sight. Mage's eyes widened with surprise - Biscotti was possessed! Mage spent enough time being possessed by ghosts himself to identify the uncanny signs immediately.

Sometimes, more than one possessed him; often, not even his own.

"Not like I was gonna jump in or anything." Mage shrugged jovially. He tried to play it cool but he couldn't help but have his guard up, and he wondered if it showed. Nothing seemed off yet, but encountering another ghost person, here alone in the wild? He wasn't sure how far Ecruteak's shadows stretched.

And so, Mage went straight in.

"What's inside you?" Mage asked, putting his ringed hands on his hips.

A minor distraction, but a gorgeous one - a Starmie's rainbow hues shone through the water. Excitement broke through Mage's veneer of cool can't-be-fuckedness as he tossed a Pokeball at the gorgeous creature. Then, slickly, Mage turned back to Biscotti, his eyes sparkling like the Starmie's gem.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Mage's Drakloak golden eyes blinked. The rest of his body, although invisible, occasionally filtered iridescently into the sunlight.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 19:58:55 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Bubbe could sense that this man was strange. The ghostly energy he exuded was not different from her own. Be careful, Bibi. Her voice cautioned in his own head. This guy’s got ghost written all over him.

If he heard the telepathy, the younger man didn’t show it. He was kind of like a dog—friendly to a fault. Scotti squinted at the water. “I’m not even sure you could.” His shoe nudged a pebble into the water. “It’s what, like six-inches deep?” Not that the shallowness continued for long. That blue was pretty dang dark in the middle. Shaking moisture off the tip of his tennis shoes, he grinned.

Then, the guy asked a question. A super weird, personal question. Biscotti blinked, his cheeks instantly red. “Uhhhhhh…” A heavily scarred hand lifted to his chest. Bubbe’s voice echoed in his mind: I’d be in him any time. Meow. He shook his head, trying to clear the commentary.What did this guy want inside of him? A knife? Other things? “Organs and stuff? Wh—?” Before he could get the question out, capturing maneuvers ensured. His eyes grew even wider.

“Dude! That was awesome!” Sure, he’d caught some stuff in his day, but it wasn’t anything like that. Usually, the Pokemon just jumped in the ball. The next question made his hands drop to the hem of his shorts, seemingly protecting himself from showing this guy anything. “Uh. I’m pretty sure that’s a crime—” Then, he felt his insides shudder. Not your member, Scotti, he refers to me. His eyes finally caught on the Dragcloak.

“O-oh! I—I thought you meant—” Arceus strike him dead. Scotti wanted to sink into the ground. He jerked his head. With a sigh, the Runerigus emerged, blinking irritably in the light. One of its shadowy fingers extended, aiming to stroke the little baby wrapped around the stranger’s shoulders. “This is Bubbe. She’s kind of my—” Babysitter? Weird pervy grandma? “--nurse?”

Skipping

[attr="class","bisc"]
[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:18:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HONEDGE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER TRICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] BLOCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHUPPET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHADOW SNEAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRUDGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE STARMIE!
close tab

played by

Robin

Mage
He/him
September 4
Ecruteak City
Gay
Tarot reader woowoo guy
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
34 posts
Mage Maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mage
Mage Maddox
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 7:45:08 GMT
Mage Maddox Avatar

Mage laughed. This guy seemed innocent, friendly to a fault. If Mage was black coffee, this guy seemed like a vanilla cupcake with pastel frosting.

But he wasn't a simple guy. That much became clear when a Runerigus faded into view, its sticky claws floating around his body. Mage raised a dark lined eyebrow. He was impressed. It took some kind of person - someone who's seen stuff - to handle a ghost that strong.

"Your nurse!" Mage exclaimed. That wasn't one he heard often. He wondered what kind of relationship and history that hinted at. One of Bubbe's tendrils reached out towards Clarence, who snapped at it playfully as he wagged his tail. If Clarence trusted them, so could Mage.

"I'm Mage, by the way. You smoke?" Mage pulled out a small tin can of his handrolled herbal cigs and rapped its cover with his black laquered nails. A Shuppet poked out of the grass - like a lizard, Clarence shot out its tongue and slugged the creature with a binding slap, pulling it into his wide open jaw.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 21:56:29 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]between an easygoing grin and frog swallowing—wasn’t making it any easier. Not wanting to feel left out, Scotti laughed too. Maybe this guy would think it’d been a joke all along. Not a tatally embarrassing misunderstanding.

“It’s not—I mean she kind of does the opposite, really.” She hurt him. Or, at least, patched whatever in his DNA didn’t let him feel hurt. Was it a BDSM thing? Not wanting to dwell on that for too long, he hastened to finish his explanation.“But I doubt I’d have made it that long without her." Or, at least, he’d have ended up down a limb or a few fingers.

The elder ghost’s center stone spun in greeting. She seemed amused by Clarence’s reaction. Its tendril passed through the bite to emerge on the other side, leaving only a barely perceptible chill.

“Dude! That’s a sweet name.” It was way better than being named after a random thing on a bakery menu. Still, he’d heard it all. “Biscotti.” At the offer to share, the young man seemed to debate for a minute. Did he smoke? He almost wanted to say of course; even though the only time that happened was when he caught something on fire. A million DARE presentations flashed through his mind. “Not the last time I checked. Thanks though.”

The disappearing Shuppet earned a jump. It was there one second and gone the next. Almost proud, the Runerigus moved to pat Clarence in an almost maternal way. For a string of rocks, its touch was surprisingly soft.

Seemingly looking to defend its friend, a pockmarked sword erupted from the brush. Not wanting it to suffer the same fate, Scotti clumsily lobbed a ball at it. “Is uh—do you know what ghosts taste like?”

Catching Honedge

[attr="class","bisc"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 5:29:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TREVENANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN LEECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DESTINY BOND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLOWPOKE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLACK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCH UP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE HONEDGE!

close tab

played by

Robin

Mage
He/him
September 4
Ecruteak City
Gay
Tarot reader woowoo guy
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
34 posts
Mage Maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mage
Mage Maddox
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 15:30:44 GMT
Mage Maddox Avatar

Mage let out a snort that sounded like a good-natured cross between a laugh and a sneer. It's good Biscotti thought his name sounded cool... If only he knew Mage's real name was Malcolm. But on to Biscotti's other question - what did ghosts taste like?

Yes, Mage knew that was directed at Clarence. But he, the human, knew that sticky, tar-like taste of the other side too.

Mage blinked and looked away for a flash. His mind jumped off the edge, falling into the deep banks of his memory, back into his first memories of mediumship. Shaking on the living room floor, ghosts crawling through his throat to feast on his insides, pulled out by the people who sent them through psychic wounds that never really healed.

Ignoring the Trevenant that pottered through the trees, Mage took a deep drag of his cig. He released that awful stain on his memory with the smoke.

"Eh, I bet they taste bad."

But some memories could not be exhaled. They had to be worked through with sweat and a slow, grinding strip of scar tissue.

An exorcism.

Mage's lips curled.

"You seem like a nice guy. What say your ghosts play with my mine?" Clarence's yellow eyes blinked rapidly.

"Down for a battle?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Ghosts in the water (DW)
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 3:58:38 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Is he okay? Mage looked a little distracted for a minute. Biscotti barely resisted the urge to jerk back the question. His scarred hands tugged at the empty air like an old sailor a rope. But, as quickly as it appeared, the awkwardness vanished. “Yeah.” The brunette nodded. “It definitely wouldn’t be sweet.” Ghosts were made of shadow, death, and regret. There wasn’t anything tasty about it.

“A battle?” A Slowpoke slides into the water nearby. The splash wets the nearby rocks. A few drops threaten to darken Scotti’s shoes. It’s at that point that the baker realized he hadn’t actually answered Mage yet. Honey eyes widen. “I, uh—” The man shares a look with his Runerigus. The grandmotherly figure shifts like a leaf in the breeze. She seems ready to go. “Sure.” He straightened up and tried to show some more confidence. You’ve got this. Your stuff is way tougher than his.

The ghost tablet’s form rippled out of corporeality for a moment as its frontmost rock shifted to face Mage. “Let’s start with a—-” The ghoul began to glow red as she unleashed a Brutal Swing at her future opponent. “--that.” He grinned awkwardly.

[attr="class","bisc"]