Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 12:12:20 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Stay with me!", Thomas called out to the injured Mienfoo, who was trapped under rubble.

A Lucario and Scizor began to smash away at the rocks trapping the the Mienfoo, attempting to do their best to liberate the trapped Fighting-type. But the small Fighting-type's life was fleeting before the trainer's eyes, who was also attempting to pry whatever Rocks he could out of the path.

tags:
notes: +10
PD Mission - Cave

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 1:54:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay. There was no time to think about anything had told him. There was only time to get to work. By now, this routine had been embedded into his mind. Pop out of the rift. Catch his breath. Take a Teleport back to Sootopolis to swap out his most tired teammates and fill up a fresh set of Pokeballs. Then he could get back in action with a new search party.[break][break]

That plan got derailed the second he saw the pile of rubble rolling out from the left. Shit. Was the lucky break he'd caught with this tunnel finally running out? Nervously, he looked up to the ceiling, wondering if this little side-path was going to end up getting sealed off. No more easy exits. No more sneaking people off the battlefield. No more getting to do his thing away from the main force.[break][break]

Were it not for the desperate voice that followed the rubble, Isaac would have thought he was more bummed about this than anyone.[break][break]

The sounds of strain and exertion almost smothered the soft whimpers coming from beneath the stone. Instinct took hold of Isaac as he charged out from the tunnel, Echo's Pokeball swelling up to fill his hand. Maybe he was running into a trap. Maybe he was running into an active battlefield. Maybe he was just running into someone who didn't want to see a Rocket right now.[break][break]

None of that mattered to him. In the moment, Isaac could only hear a life being snuffed out right before his eyes.[break][break]

"Echo!" Isaac called as the Pokeball hit the ground. "Try and lift that rubble! Hurry! I don't know how much time we have!"[break][break]

The Ralts clapped his hands together, Psychic energy shimmering around the rocks. It was a massive rockslide, to the point where a Lucario, a Scizor, and a very concerned looking trainer could do nothing to make an impact in the pile. Little Echo, even with the power of Pokerus fueling him, likely couldn't make a sizeable difference in their efforts. Nevertheless, he pulled at the rocks with all of his might, trying to lift them away to aid in the digging efforts.[break][break]

Surely, they weren't too late . . . were they?

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 2:58:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Some help would come in the form of a Psychic-type attempting to lift rocks away from the trapped Pokemon. But alas, the Mienfoo didn't make it. All Thomas could do was attempt to comfort the creature in its final moments, holding its hand as it passed on.

Thomas silently mourned the Mienfoo, tempted to punch a wall in anger at his inability to save the poor Pokemon. Despite this, he held off, knowing that he'd probably break his hand in the process.

Thomas turned to thank whoever tried to help him, only to discover, to his surprise, the same vigilante he encountered on that fateful day. Though he wouldn't recognize him as Wraith, the man would surely know who Thomas, formerly of the Elite Four, was.

"You - why did you try to help me?", Thomas asked in a haggard, defeated manner.

tags:
+200

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 5:16:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Damnit . . ."[break][break]

Ralts were hyper-empathetic creatures. It was all too obvious to Isaac what happened when Echo stopped struggling. The Ralts flopped limply against his leg, bowl cut covering grief-stricken eyes and leftover psychic power ebbing away from his body.[break][break]

"It's okay, Echo," Isaac said, gingerly stroking the Ralts' hair. His voice was little more than a hushed murmur, not wanting to detract from the grieving of the fallen Pokemon's trainer. "You did your best out there. You really did."[break][break]

There was surprise in the trainer's eyes as he turned to see who had helped him. It was nothing Isaac wasn't used to. Back when the Hoenn region's worst seemed to be behind them, Blackjack had doubled as a face of vigilante activity. Since the new year, that had changed. Rocket's renewed ambitions for conquest left Isaac uncomfortable going around publicly in his Rocket guise. New success in his own life meant he no longer needed to hide behind the mask to feel worthwhile. Sometimes, Isaac was unsure whether he was trying to protect Blackjack or outgrow him.[break][break]

When he stepped away from the main warfront to help the lost and the injured, it was with a mixed reception. Some, especially Rockets and the particularly desperate, were all too happy to accept his aid. Others, especially League diehards, viewed him with suspicion at best and active disdain at worst. It was a mixed back, but he had to accept it. It was just the way things were.[break][break]

In this man, who Isaac could've sworn he'd seen before, Isaac could see a third reaction. There was a weary confusion in his voice as he spoke to Isaac, wondering why he'd even stepped in to help.[break][break]

That voice was familiar, too. In all regards, this man looked like the renegade Elite 4 member who publicly denounced the League. The grey hair and scars threw him off at first, but perhaps it wasn't a surprise. The horrors of war had clearly started to take their toll.[break][break]

"Nobody deserves to have to lose a Pokemon like that," Isaac said, voice quiet. "I . . . I figured even if it was a long shot, I should've at least tried to do something, right?"[break][break]

"I'm sorry I couldn't do more . . ."

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 22:06:40 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Despite the man's affiliation, he couldn't be mad at him. Especially since he otherwise displayed behavior unlike what he'd expect of a Rocket. Thomas internally questioned if the vigilante was among those who got suckered into joining Rocket after that press conference they crashed. If he had been wooed by the lies they told that day.

"You did what you could, I can see that. Thank you.", Thomas told the masked man, before slumping over.

"Tell me, what are you doing working for Team Rocket? Surely by now, you've seen their true colors.", he'd ask him.

tags:

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 22:54:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Thomas Benoit was a man who told the League and Rocket alike where to shove it. Was it really a surprise that he cut the bullcrap and asked Isaac the question that had been gnawing at his mind all day?[break][break]

It was funny. Around and , he asked what they were even doing sticking around with Team Rocket. Around and , he spoke on behalf of Team Rocket and highlighted the League's crimes. He was a dark mirror, reflecting the fears, concerns, and wrongs of those he'd spoken with. In the process, he was able to process his own fears, concerns, and wrongs.[break][break]

Even with , Isaac had been a mirror first and foremost. His struggles were a proxy for Caleb's own, allowing both of them to navigate their pains and doubts on a far deeper level than they could alone.[break][break]

Now the script had flipped, and Isaac had no idea how to react.[break][break]

"This point, I don't know if I've got a million answers to that question, or no answer at all." Practical reasons. Bad gambles. Ideologies. Loyalties. Isaac had gone over his reasons for joining Rocket time and time again, but none of it seemed to mean a thing in the face of the war of aggression they'd been pushing. "All I know is I sure as hell never expected it all to end up here."[break][break]

"Guess you'd know how that feels, huh?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 23:25:46 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas listened as the masked man answered him.

"Yeah. I suppose you wanted to change things for the better?", he asked him.

Whether or not he got an answer, he'd continue.

"I guess you could say I was in a similar boat. I was all too familiar with the League's illustrious history of mishaps. Despite that, I joined the League, thinking that I could make a difference, that I could help steer them in a better direction.", he'd begin. "In the end, I feel like I've wasted all that time and effort.", he'd lament.

tags:

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:56:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]?"Heh. Wish I could say it started that selfless." Would the Isaac from a year ago go out of his way to try and help pry a dying Pokemon out of rubble? . . . Okay, maybe he would have. But would he have gone out of his way to put himself in a dangerous mess like this in the first place? Probably not![break][break]

"I was just some burnout wandering the region back then. Met a Rocket on the job. Thought maybe if I stepped in, I could make a difference." Normally, this was where unlikely hero ended up on the path to glory, having been thrust out of their bland waste of a life by the call of adventure. Not so for Isaac. "Buddy, she wrecked my ass. Didn't stand a chance, no matter how hard I tried. But the way I kept trying caught her eye. Maybe she was impressed. Maybe she was amused. Maybe she just pitied me."[break][break]

"So she let me off easy, long as I just went to the sub and heard what they had to say."[break][break]

It had been a deal with the devil, but what else could one make while on the business end of a demon's fork? "Not sure if it was just 'cause I was desperate, or if it was because Rocket was saying the right things at the right time to someone who slipped through the cracks. But the more I heard them out, the more it all started to make sense."[break][break]

"Don't get me wrong. I knew they weren't heroes." Isaac sighed, thinking what he'd accomplished with the loose leach his time with Rocket had given him. "But I figured, shit. Neither are the League. Not when they're letting kids slip through the cracks. Not when they're letting Silph run their government. Not when they're trying to damn another world 'cause its the easy way to save their own hides. So I figured, fuck it. How bad could it be?"[break][break]

"One look at Littleroot's enough to answer that."[break][break]

He'd never been aboard the meteor plan. Many Rockets weren't, during or after. However, he'd at least expected all of that violence to have a point. Instead, as far as Isaac could tell, the operation was little more than a senseless bloodbath, with the League quickly catching up to any gains that Rocket may have made from it. Was this the future of Team Rocket's plan? Trying to strongarm a region far bigger and stronger than they were, which had fended off advances both overt and subtle for over half a decade? What was he even fighting for anymore?[break][break]

"Since that day, I just tried to focus on protecting the people I'm close to. Maybe I could save 'em from the League's wrath. Maybe I could stop 'em from turning into Rocket's monsters. But . . ." Isaac sighed as he remembered what unfolded last night, the way Rocket's uppermost echelons brought out for his coronation. "Sometimes, it feels like all I'm doing is easing them onto the meathooks."[break][break]

It was probably a bad sign how similar he'd become to this weary, haggard man. Isaac laughed weakly as he processed the ups and downs his psyche had taken over this past year. "Same boat indeed, huh?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 1:33:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas quietly allowed the vigilante to tell him his tale. About how he was discovered by Rocket. And the mention of a submarine silently got his attention, though it'd be something he kept on the backburner for a while.

What Isaac had to say did resonate with Thomas. Children slipping through the cracks, Fernando being allowed to wield as much power as he did. They were all ugly truths, truths that Thomas fully acknowledged.

"I agree with you. The League has fucked up far too many times, allowed itself to become rotten to the core.", he would finally tell Isaac. "But I cannot bring myself to trust Rocket with a better future.", he'd continue. "I'm all too familiar with their atrocities in Kanto and Johto. I've personally seen the horrors they've inflicted upon Slateport. I've seen the barbarism with which their members gleefully engage in. I-", Thomas began, hesitating for a moment. "I found myself having to partake in it myself. I infiltrated Rocket under a false identity, to go in and out of Slateport, to gather what I could. And to preserve my cover, I had to participate in acts of violence against innocent people.", he'd continue, the regret being readily apparent in his voice, and his body language.

"Beating starving stragglers that a Grunt on patrol caught. Torturing prisoners not just for information, but so the grunts could have their fun. To this day, the screams of those people, the laughter of those monsters, they haunt me.", he'd confide in the masked man.

"The same people that engaged in such wanton barbarism, I know they still thrive in the organization. I know some still hold office within the organization. And I have to ask myself, when they take over Hoenn, will they regress back to the violent ways of Silas? Who will they go after next?", he'd ask Isaac.

He'd finally pull himself up. "Before I go, I implore you: don't let Rocket take your soul. You seem like a good man, and I'm afraid that Rocket is going to ask you to commit atrocities that stand against whatever principles you hold. Until you're a loyal cog in their machine.", he'd warn Isaac, before he walked out of the cave.

tags:
notes: TALLY
Post x5 (50)
Participation (50)
Mission Completion (100)
Tie (250)
Pokemon Death (200)
Total = 650

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 23:54:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had lucked out compared to Thomas. In part due to Gavin and Zev's acute knowledges of his skill sets and the lines he drew, he'd been spared the worst of Rocket's brutality. He'd been an audience to their crimes, especially the larger-scale ones that couldn't be avoided. His all too lethal supply run with Gavin had been proof of that. However, they kept him away from the direct, man-to-man brutality in which many other Rockets thrived.[break][break]

Perhaps they realized that he needed that degree of separation to properly delude himself.[break][break]

Yet these wrongs were getting harder and harder to ignore. The dirty work that Isaac tried to distance himself from reasserted itself as the norm within Rocket. The friends he told himself he was protecting were being broken into monsters under their command. The ideal of a Rocket that could be better than Kanto was being swallowed up under the cold, hard reality that even Thomas recognized.[break][break]

Isaac wished he could tell him how right he was. He wished that he could tell him that, when one Underboss spoke for rising above Kanto and the other spoke for sinking back into its depths, the promise of old glories won out. Though new blood filtered into an increasingly large number of positions, even those who had never been to the region were forever marked by it.[break][break]

Unless the specter of Kanto was completely exorcised, it would haunt Rocket until the end of days. Until then, even the most well-intentioned Grunt would be bent, broken, and reshaped in its image.[break][break]

"I'm no good man," Isaac argued, his protest limp and feeble. Enough people had told him that he was good by now that it was becoming increasingly hard to ignore the swell in his chest at their words. "But I won't let them take what decency I've managed to hold together."[break][break]

There was so much left unsaid. He wished he could ask Thomas how he knew so much about Rocket. He wished that he could ask him about his own experiences with the League. He wished that he could even just say goodbye, and see him off with some well-wishes before he disappeared. However, there was just no time to spare.[break][break]

Thomas was gone, and Isaac was left alone with his thoughts.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Questions (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 3:34:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: