TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:21:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“HM.”

the rangers are many things. not quite what he prefer but that doesn’t stop him from being one of their most prolific advocates. at least, in the public sphere. internally, he sheds many secrets. about , about their dysfunctional—

very well then. won’t be a hard adjustment working with kingsman, i presume.

her questions makes him blink.

hm?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:24:37 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

no, she's worked with before. she knows well enough that it'll be an easy adjustment. she'd been meaning to talk to him about going to lavaridge to work anyway. closer to mt. chimney, the mountain she came to adore. but, more importantly, the desert.[break][break]

which held a great many questions she wanted answered. specifically about the regi-family.[break][break]

the soft blink he gives her and that 'hm?' has francie letting out a soft laugh, grinning at him and leaning forward. she pokes at his nose, like she usually would, nearly having to get to her toes to do so.[break][break]

"oh don't play innocent with me, sir." it slips, that sir. old habits die hard. "how's the hunt for legendaries going?"

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:32:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

HER POKE ELICITS A WRINKLES FROM HIS NOSE. the crease of his forehead becomes prominent. it takes a great power not to stifle or inhale.

but it does not betray the intensity of his stare.

i’ve abandoned it,” he reveals. “i can no longer protect them from the general public. too many trainers are willing to throw away their pokemon, their lives, and their region, to pursue them. they are obsessed with avarice.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:35:22 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

oh, and there was a rawness that made francie question nearly everything she'd thought about fernando... damn him for it.[break][break]

she swallows, standing up straight and moving her fingers to try and smooth out the crinkled forehead before her. he's always tried to protect them. it's pitiful, the power struggle.[break][break]

"so for now, you're trying to make sure they end up 'in the right hands,' right?"[break][break]

that's something she can get behind... she's always found a reason to stand by his side, hasn't she?[break][break]

damn him for it.

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:40:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“NO HANDS,” he corrects with a bit more playfully, “actually.

which, in the past, had meant his. for who could be trusted more than him? the league, for all its merits, is full with fallible characters. if their morals were correct, then their brains didn’t work. and if they were smart enough to get past that, they were corruptible. always a hidden price.

considering how long they’ve hidden themselves. you would think the world would realize they’ll come out when they’re ready.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:46:35 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"they're a mystery for a reason, that's for sure... i have to say, even recently i've wanted to learn a little myself."[break][break]

it sounded silly, almost dumb, but she did. only because ... [break][break]

"not for the sake of making them fight for me or anything, but just... i dunno, i guess to see what all the hype's about. i've never seen a legendary in person, for one. and i know that's like, the hype and all... but still."[break][break]

her finger goes to her chin, she pokes it out in playful thought, hip cocking as she shifts her weight. lookin' like a proper lil architect scholar; or more accurately, a ruin maniac.[break][break]

"it just makes ya wonder, y'know? what makes somebody worth being an avatar? why bother making avatars if they can just clean up their own mess? are they trying to leave the world in peace by giving humans the right of way and if so, what prompts them ta do it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:50:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“OH?”

his surprise sounds genuine. but then again, he usually does. that’s part of the mask. being unable to distinguish between when he means it or if it’s to get you to buy in. it’s what adds to the mystique. what keeps people away.

if you wanted to know, you only had to ask.

he extends a hand for her.

do you want to know what makes someone an avatar?

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:55:05 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

it's like that one movie, she thinks. with the red and blue pill.[break][break]

dramatic, but she does in fact think that fernando and morbius have a few things in common. namely how vague and absolutely riddle bound they can be when they want. and they're both handsome, y'know?[break][break]

but this is what she has been looking for. this is what she wants to know. she's been toppled time and time again by the bigger people because she's considered weak, or not important enough. so she reaches with confidence to take his hand and grins at him; because she's affectionate by nature, their fingers even lace together.[break][break]

"course i do, ferny."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 20:16:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“…”

someone with the gall to turn his offer into something insincere should have the stomach to swallow the consequences. when her fingers interlace with his, he squeezes. gently. bringing them up to his face.

she won’t find her hooks entangled for long. hands are meant to hold. to cup his face and plant her palm against his jawline.

avatars are people who are willing to sacrifice everything.

his hand lies over hers, forcing her to move to his tempo. tracing upward. past his cheek. to the black leather of his headband.

people who are willing to throw away their personal lives and even their actual life to further their cause.

underneath the leather, she’ll feel where his bags lie. purple, sunken, hidden. he extends further. to the outline of what once held the cold stare of fernando silph. she can feel the indent. the missing piece of him.

the bond between humans and pokemon can bring out the best in them. allows them to accomplish more than what they could alone.

and he forces her to sink into it. to feel his loss. to know the toll of such an incredible responsibility.

and to do so selflessly. to know that your body will break down by the end of it. whether it be by someone else’s hands or your own.

don’t do it.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 20:31:36 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

it isn't what she expected, this explanation. the beginning even startles her. sets her heart into a rhythm that matches a thousand beats a second. she's entranced and he has her; hook, line, and sinker.[break][break]

but she's dense, he knows this. yet he tries to warn her. that's not what happens, though. instead, she feels this is a raw moment between them and, in fact, she feels... encouraged. emboldened.[break][break]

the startled look in her eye settles into curiosity and then awe. once again he is like a god in her eyes. she doesn't shy away from the way he explains to her what an avatar is. instead, she embraces it fully and finally, her usual smile shows up. even in such a moment, she smiles; it's a smile of pride and acceptance, just for him.[break][break]

she's never smiled at anybody else in such a way before.[break][break]

"i know you're trying to tell me not to become one... but the more you talk about it, and the more you show me, the more i ..." want; to meet legendaries, learn from them, be accepted by one.[break][break]

"if i could, i'd protect the entire world. i know that's pretty much impossible, so i'll settle for protecting the people closest to me. recently, it feels like the only way to do that is to become the same kinda powerful, maybe even the same... kinda evil as everybody else who's tryna come after the peace i care so much about."[break][break]

perhaps that's too selfish to deem her worthy of an avatar.[break][break]

"maybe that's why none of the legendaries have shown themselves to me." her laugh his watery, soft; it's uncharacteristically raw and makes her swallow hard. "pretty selfish to ask them to come help me protect the whole world just because i don't wanna lose anybody i care about, huh?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 20:48:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“I’M NOT TELLING YOU THAT,” he chides ever so quietly. “i told you, i abandoned that hope. i cannot protect them from people like you.

the same fernando that let her in is the one that removes her. to pluck her intrusion off her face as he would a pest. to reestablish boundaries as a wall is put up. this time, it’s to protect himself.

i am coming to terms with myself. preparing myself for when i must bury you for the same reason you are here today.

he averts her gaze. returns to mount pyre’s horizon. to the sun that always sets well beyond his reach.

you can protect the world or those you care about. you cannot have both. that is the choice legendary pokemon bestow between us.

a trial he no longer has to overcome.

those who choose the world are given gifts. responsibilities they cannot hide away from. otherwise, their legendary will leave them.

a responsibility that was taken from him. by human hands. yet, by the same human hands, he has recreated that purpose. they call that burden, councilman.

every time you leave hoenn, you are making that choice.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 20:57:17 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"every time you leave hoenn, you are making that choice."[break][break]

not that he realizes this, but the words haunt her. each time she left were for, in fact, selfish reasons. not a once did she leave for any other reason that she felt she needed distance to figure herself out. only to realize, while reflecting with her family, that she was just doing what she always did.[break][break]

hiding.[break][break]

perhaps no legendary had graced her with their presence because she couldn't make a decision. to stay, or to go; or maybe they knew she hated confrontation.[break][break]

a silence falls, but it is only out of respect for his words. reflection. what they mean to her, what decision she'll make. for now, she simply decides she's done being a coward when it came to her ferny.[break][break]

"i'm sorry it took me this long to... um, to see you." her words are soft, like a compliment to the silence and not an attempt to break the solitude that came with it.[break][break]

"for a really long time i had myself convinced i was in love with you." the confession is nothing new. "and really, i think i just envied you. always so put together and strong. even now, the resolve you have, and the way you're so confident in what's happened... i admire it."[break][break]

finally she turns her eyes from the horizon to fernando and braves to take his hand, then returns her gaze to the horizon with a soft sigh.[break][break]

"there will always be a part of me that loves you, ferny. which is why i'm apologizing for being ... well, a coward, and so wishy-washy. for being a disappointment and letting you down. i know you were relying on me, and ... i let you down. i let my feelings get in the way again, instead of using them as a fuel i used them to build up a wall."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 21:12:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“I KNOW.”

his resolve is fortified. foundation unshakable. whether it’s the truth or a white lie doesn’t matter. he delivers it all the same. as he always does.

which is why i turned you down, initially,” he almost adds the last part quick enough to make it seem whole.

there is nothing to apologize for, myrtle.

he holds her hand. let’s it simmer in their moment. the only resistance is the grimace heavy on his face.

i prefer, it honestly. that you’d be scared, escape from here. safe from what happens. i can make do with or without others. it has been my entire life.

he aches a long sigh.

i prefer it to burying you.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 21:19:52 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

there are several thoughts that try and circle around in her head. all of them consist of her own doubt. not in him or his words but instead in herself and her own worth. that very thing which holds her back so strongly.[break][break]

something about the moment, about his own little confession of not wanting to bury her and preferring she not be there to bury, makes her feel a hint of relief. this shows in how she returns his grip.[break][break]

"you can make do with or without others, yet you prefer i make do alive somewhere else than be here, supporting you, and potentially die doing what makes me happiest?"[break][break]

being with the people she cares about. this has her turning to face him, tugging him a bit to try and get him to look at her.[break][break]

"did it ever cross your mind that maybe me being away from you felt worse than burying louie? or that not being here if you were to be buried hurt worse than being away? that's what i learned, anyway..."[break][break]

and maybe that was the difference between them.[break][break]

"i can't survive all alone, ferny. i tried, and it made me realize that's my worst fear, being alone...which is why it hurt so bad to be here, and feel so alone just because you don't have the courage to accept that you might have to bury me."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
goodbye, [ c ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 21:30:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GOODBYE

mission

“I AM NOT YOUR WORLD,” is his adamant stance. “just a piece of it.

he still refuses to meet her gaze. instead, it diverts to her pokemon. those that remain among the living. those that, this time, survived.

how many of your pokemon am i worth?

a glance is exchanged between both pokemon.

an occasional video chat or email is preferable to having to bury my family and friends. i have already lost so many of them.

and she will be another. that’s what brings his focus back to her. to confront her with what constant numbness brings. fernando no longer cries for the fallen. they are just numbers. eventualities.

but i’m not telling you to run anymore. i’ve given up on that hope.

he lets her go.

welcome back to hoenn, myrtle.

where the dead are never truly dead.