Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 16:52:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]There were two wolves inside Isaac. One held five hard-won gym badges in hand, not just through battle but through embodying the virtues each represented. The other had been gifted a machine of war, his lack of any killer instinct doing nothing to damper the reputation he'd cultivated among Rocket.[break][break]

Both sides held Isaac in increasingly high esteem. Despite this, he had never been more conflicted about either of them.[break][break]

Not a day went by where Isaac didn't hear about new atrocities Rocket had committed. By now, they were full mask off, having ramped up their aggression and doubled down on militarization. For a while, Isaac was afraid they'd deluded themselves, ramming themselves into a numerically superior foe until they were ground down to nothing in some desperate attempt at reclaiming the glory days.[break][break]

All of that changed after the Rift. In a battlefield of their choosing, isolated from greater Hoenn supply lines, Rocket had thrived. Not only did they claim the Sealing Stone, but they also took several high profile prisoners of war. The war was far from won, but the battle was decisive. Rocket was victorious. Rocket was emboldened.[break][break]

Rocket would only get worse, because now who was going to stop them?[break][break]

The League was bloated. The League was short-sighted. The League was selfish. The League covered up the near-death of a child to save themselves a controversy, and in their attempts at playing dumb they only dragged more innocents into the fire. Had they had any opposition bar the butchers of Kanto, Isaac would never be able to support them in good faith.[break][break]

Yet, indeed, Rocket was their foe, and the last thing Isaac wanted was to see his honeland turned into another of 's reports.[break][break]

He wished he had someone to talk to without any skin in the game. Admitting his distrust and dissatisfaction to a Rocket would get his ass thrashed, especially if it escalated past venting. Admitting his allegiance to anyone non-affiliated, even a therapist, risked getting him a one way trip to the slammer. The closest he could think of was , but that would be preaching to the choir. He had Caleb's perspective already. He lived it! It was an invaluable one, but Isaac needed more.[break][break]

He then remembered a certain Minor League Gym with a certain League-divergent qualification.[break][break]

It was time for Isaac to go back to the beginning. Fallarbor had been where he earned the first of his valid badges, and now he would be putting himself through a brand new crucible. Was talking about it exciting? Was it liberating? Was it terrifying? Was it idiotic? Was it all of these and more?[break][break]

He'd have to figure that all out himself once he went knocking on Andrea's door.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 9:56:30 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The door to the Vaneau household creaked open, a woman in her forties greeting Isaac. She had bright orange hair that was braided to the side, a few streaks of gray beginning to settle in. It wasn’t that hard to surmise her identity.

“Oh. You must be one of Andrea’s friends, aren’t you?” Mrs. Vaneau smiled, exuding a warm, maternal aura. She made way for the blonde youth to step inside the house, gently gesturing for him to take his shoes off on his way in.

By the time he reached the living room, he would find a familiar Fuecoco, along with Andrea herself sitting on the couch with a needle and thread in hand, stitching her damaged Sygna Suit back together. “Isaac?!” She hastily got up upon noticing him.

In one of those rare occurrences, the young PokéManiac wasn’t clad in her usual draconic outfit, but rather a pair of sporty shorts and a plain, white T-shirt. This revealed that: a) she had legs for days, and b) her chest area was surprisingly robust, stretching her shirt’s fabric to its limit.

“Long time no see! How are you doing? Sorry about wearing my human skin. I wasn’t expecting to get any visitors today.” The dragon-obsessed girl said, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 13:52:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was starting to occur to Isaac that Andrea hadn't just combined her two workplaces. By making her ranch into her gym, she had also effectively opened her home up to her challengers. Just how far did her gym's policy of turning none away extend?[break][break]

If everyone was as open as Andrea, this world would either be a crater or a utopia.[break][break]

He thanked Andrea's mother for letting him in, only to quickly find another family member hard at work on the couch. It wasn't long before she noticed him, acknowledging him in quite familiar fashion as she sprang to her feet. Wait, familiar? Isaac was pretty sure he'd remember if he met someone like-[break][break]

Human skin. Everything was clear now.[break][break]

The Hoenn region could never learn the truth about its comfiest dragon.[break][break]

"Hey, no worries! Didn't realize I was popping in at off hours," Isaac said, shooting Andrea an apologetic grin. "But it's good to see ya either way."[break][break]

"I've been doing pretty alright for myself. You actually gave me a taste for some challenge lately." Perhaps Andrea would notice the five badges arranged on Isaac's person, her own homemade badge proudly arranged at the top of the list. Any gym leader would realize that meant one step away from the Championship Assessment.[break][break]

It was a truth Isaac had yet to internalize.[break][break]

"How about you?" He couldn't help but notice the damaged Sygna Suit, his mind wandering to what the heck could damage such a piece of gear. "Seems like things've been pretty intense lately, huh?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 12:07:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Upon hearing Isaac’s voice, Jalapeño jumped off the couch, flashing a big, dopey smile. He still remembers his fierce and epic battle against his Totodile. The little Fuecoco waddled up to the blonde youth and hugged his leg.

Meanwhile, Andrea’s amethyst eyes sparkled upon seeing his badge collection. “Oooh, shiny! Nicely done!” She beamed. However, the challenger’s next remark caused her radiant smile to drop, bringing back unpleasant memories from the not too distant past.

“Did you hear about what happened in Dewford between the League and Rocket?” The young woman began her explanation, eyes going downcast. “Well, we tried to prevent another disaster from happening, but we lost a bunch of battles. There were legendary Pokémon, dreams that turned real, people with guns… It’s a miracle that we made it out alive!”
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 3:27:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Seeing one of the most happy go lucky women in Hoenn looking downcast hurt. Having a cute little croc nuzzle up to his leg helped. Isaac gently scritched the scales by the Fuecoco's kindling-hair, softly offering a sympathetic smile his way. It was the least he could do as he listened to Andrea's tale.[break][break]

Of course he knew what happened. He was there. He'd clashed with more members of the League than he'd ever hoped to encounter. He'd dealt with monstrosities from beyond time and space while getting lost in the depths of an increasingly convoluted cavern. He'd lead rescue efforts that helped get the lost and the injured away from the nightmare they'd entered.[break][break]

But he didn't want Andrea to know why he was there. Not her. Not like this. There was another factor at work, too. Her perspective, not strongly League aligned but not a member of Rocket, was one Isaac was all too curious about. He wanted to know what she was doing there. He wanted to know what her story was. He wanted to know what she, one of Hoenn's least and most sensible individuals, thought about the whole fucked-up mess swarming her region.[break][break]

"A little, but not much," he said. "You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to, but . . . are you okay? They didn't hurt you down there, did they?"[break][break]

Okay. So he was a little worried, too. Even a great, mighty dragon needed to have someone in her corner.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 16:47:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“I didn’t get hurt… I think.” Andrea replied, while pensively staring at her damaged Sygna Suit. “Well, I almost got shot. By a real gun. But almost means not quite, doesn’t it?”

It was true that, despite the deck being terribly stacked against her, she had made it out of the whole ordeal relatively unscathed. But there was more to it than simply surviving. If METENO had taught her a harsh lesson in grief and loss, then that violent turf war in the boundary between lucid dreamland and postdormitum had taught her a lesson in futility.

The young woman knelt down, scooping up her Fuecoco in her arms, and hugging him tightly. “It’s more like… It feels like, no matter what I do, it’s not enough. I was practically in five places at once. I pushed Chomper to his limits, but did I actually accomplish anything? Did my actions help Hoenn, or is it just as messy as before? I really don’t know…” She muttered.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 17:55:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Something about seeing Andrea of all people so quiet and despaired left Isaac's heart stopping. No. This wasn't the way things should be.[break][break]

War was for soldiers. That was what Isaac truly believed. But was right. This wasn't just some abstract war being fought in the middle of Someplace Else. This was peoples' homes. This was peoples' lives. This was a real and present fear that, one day, their existence could go from a certainty to a question. When people saw the chance to help, to make a difference, to try, they took it. Even a ranger out of their element. Even a beloved little sibling in over his head. Even a charming weirdo who wanted to be a dragon.[break][break]

Even a masked idiot trying to make the best of the awful situation he'd created.[break][break]

Fuck why he came here. Right now, his priority was making up for what he had done and what he had failed to do. It was learning from that stupid mantra he used to hide from Julia. It was to make sure Andrea was okay, because even if they were just two bit players in the grand narrative of this region, right now they were the only two people who existed.[break][break]

"Andrea," Isaac said, his voice soft and gentle. "You're just one dragon. Nobody's gonna expect you to turn an entire war around." He knew how it was. He had that same expectation of himself. No matter where he stood, the scales of cosmic injustice loomed overhead. No matter where he stood, he hated himself for failing to balance them.[break][break]

"But it wasn't just you down there, you know? Those actions, those places, those limits . . . there were people in all of them, right? People who you and Chomper's efforts helped, more than you could ever know. There might not have been some perfect happy ending. But to those people, at that moment? You being there made all the difference in the world."[break][break]

"I'm proud of you."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 11:27:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The girl lifted her gaze, staring back with teary eyes. “Did you just call me a dragon?” Being acknowledged as such, with no intent of mockery or derision, meant the world to her. Isaac was somehow able to see through the outer appearance of an attractive young woman, and peer directly into Andrea’s soul.

Letting go of her treasured Fuecoco, she wrapped her arms around Isaac in a big, emotionally charged, comfy hug, booba suddenly pressed against him with a ‘POMF’ sound effect. “Thank you! That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me!” She beamed, her bright-eyed optimism returning at full force.

“I don’t think I’m cut out for the whole saving the world stuff.” The young PokéManiac mused after breaking the hug. “I’m gonna look for a new way to help. Something different, something I’m good at that others can’t do, or don’t want to do.” She spoke from the heart, She didn’t have the slightest hint of a plan, but she knew that this was the right course to take.

Andrea was no soldier, despite Hoenn’s many attempts to make her one. Sure, she was a competent trainer, but there was more to war than simply having the bigger gun. Those that had survived Hoenn’s many, many disasters possessed a hardcore pragmatist mindset that she lacked.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 2:50:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]He had called her that, hadn't he?[break][break]

It was clear that her outfit- er, true form- brought her happiness. It was also clear that happiness was something she desperately needed right now. And in a world that didn't make sense, Andrea's usual form of zaniness was a harmless drop in the bucket. Hell, it was better to dream of being a dragon than it was to dream of mass slaughter.[break][break]

His reward was a hug as comfortable as it was painful, Andrea's chest threatening to cave Isaac's own in. Who knew her grip was so strong?[break][break]

With their tit-of-war over, Andrea admitted what Isaac already knew. She wasn't cut out to be a soldier. The battlefield had brought her nothing but horror, and her efforts had fallen on the universe's deaf ears. Instead of letting that break her, she simply resolved to change her efforts.[break][break]

"Now that's what I'm talking about," Isaac said, a hint of pride creeping into his voice. "Got any ideas? Or are ya winging it?"[break][break]

Pun . . . maybe intended.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 12:29:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Did she truly have a plan? How would one go about fixing the broken, worn-torn mess that was Hoenn? Andrea thought, and thought, and thought, but she couldn’t come up with an answer.

“Would turning into a Pokémon help? No, that would only benefit me…” The eccentric girl muttered to herself. She hadn’t given up on her lifelong dream, but this was about helping others for once.

“What do you think, Jalapeño? What should Mommy do?” Her Fuecoco’s input wasn’t that helpful either, the baby crocodile responding with a big Yawn. After giving it some thought, Andrea finally came up with an answer. “Wait, I still have my Gym! Everyone who comes here always leaves with a smile!”
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 5:09:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was true. From the cozy atmosphere to the charming Pokemon on display, Andrea's gym always left an impression. In some ways, it felt like a throwback to what the gym challenge used to be. The League's needs changed the major circuit to quite the shocking extent, but perhaps Andrea's stood as a monument of how things should have been in a kinder world.[break][break]

The journey of a thousand smiles needed to start with a single step.[break][break]

"That's the spirit." It was hard not to grin as Andrea's infectious enthusiasm returned. "Keep on standing tall, alright? Best way to make a better world's to be a good example, right?"[break][break]

Perhaps one day, Isaac could be that example. Perhaps in some ways he already was. Until then, whether because he grew into the role or because he accepted what was already there, he could only guide others to a treasure that he couldn't possess.[break][break]

It was no way to live. Something had to give, and it wouldn't be him.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 9:42:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Isaac was supportive of Andrea’s decision, which was the push in the right direction she needed in order to make up her messy and indecisive mind.

“Thank you… I’ll make sure to make my Gym a place where everyone who loves Pokémon can feel welcome--whether they’re with the League or with Rocket. And if the League has a problem with that, then… then I’ll resign!” The girl said with unwavering resolve.

The Gym Leader salary was nice, but it wasn’t worth selling out her beliefs and what she stood for.

With her goals and aspirations revised, the young PokéManiac stared curiously at her house guest. There was something she was meaning to ask him, but couldn’t until now, since their discussion had centered around her. “So, uuuhm… Why did you decide to visit me?”
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 15:00:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was amazing how easy it was to forget your own concerns when someone else needed the help more.[break][break]

For a second, Isaac pondered telling the truth. Then he remembered the hollow, broken dragon girl he'd seen when he first walked in. The scars of war were still fresh on her heart. Who was he to give her comfort and safety, just to tear it all away? Besides, she'd already given him the validation he had been looking for, if only indirectly.[break][break]

He could only wish he had her strength of conviction, too.[break][break]

Instead, with a warm smile on his face, he pushed the issue down. "I've been getting ready for the last of my gym challenges, and it reminded me of you. Made me figure, hey. I should see how you're doing. Maybe catch up a little." As always, Isaac never lied, even as half-truths came all too naturally to him. He was near the end of the road, and Andrea was on his mind.[break][break]

"Guess I've got a knack for timing, huh?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 21:51:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When Isaac revealed that he was just one badge away from being able to challenge the Elite Four, Andrea let out a shocked gasp. "Whoa, that's amazing! Congrats! I started my own Gym challenge forever ago, but I've only got three badges so far."

Perhaps that was a sign she should get off her lazy butt and win some more. One step at a time, though.

"Well, I'm glad you thought of me. I rarely get any visitors at home, mostly because I'm almost never at home." Much to the disappointment of her parents, who wanted her to settle down and help with the family business.

Catch up, huh? That sounded nice. What else had she done recently other than having a close encounter with death?

"Let's see... I recently tried my hand at contests. Didn't do that wel in them, but we did manage to win a Clever ribbon. We went to space with and learned that Dragon Pokémon are really good at flying in zero gravity! I met Jirachi, though its Wish couldn't turn me into a Pokémon. We battled Champion in an unofficial match... and lost. Guess that means we're not ready to take on the Elite yet."

After recounting her most recent adventures, the young woman turned to Isaac with a questioning look. "What about you? Have you done anything interesting lately?" She curiously asked him.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Simple Sight [S]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 17:13:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Hey, that's halfway there." "Only three" to "one away" sounded like a lot, until you stopped and realized that was a difference of two badges. "That's nothing to sneeze at. Especially with a gym of your own to look after."[break][break]

How much of Isaac's efforts came from his lack of tethers? If he wasn't just some runaway, there was no chance he'd be able to have such a meteoric rise. It was impressive, yet it was also such a clear sign that something was missing. He wondered, if he finally settled down, how much would change.[break][break]

Maybe not as much as Isaac feared. Andrea, too, had been on quite a few adventures. Isaac smiled as he heard them out, Andrea's excitement and delight palpable.[break][break]

He couldn't share his past with her. For all she forgave Team Rocket in the abstract, he knew how badly the war had shaken her up. Would learning she had cried in the arms of the ones who had given her such grief ruin all the steps she'd taken today? Deep down, Isaac feared even someone so caring and open would reject him if she knew.[break][break]

His past was a secret to her. His future was a secret even to him. Next they met, he'd have so much to share. 20 years of reign in the Galar that was. Daring rescues and a dramatic clash with a man he once saw as a mentor. Commune with a god, becoming the herald of their northern winds not for some greater purpose but because they were moved by the strength of his heart.[break][break]

That would come later. Right now, he was just Isaac.[break][break]

"Nothing that cool, that's for sure," he said, clearly impressed. "Right now, I've just been taking a trip around the region. Trying to figure myself out, y'know? Region might be in chaos these days, but that's why it's all the more important to stop and catch my breath."[break][break]

Arceus, why couldn't he take his own advice?[break][break]

"Hoping I figure it out soon, though. Been too long since I've gone on a proper adventure." Between the war, the gym challenge, and his own soul searching, those carefree grunt days were so far behind him. "How about the next time I find a good old fashioned dungeon, I give you a call?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]