played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 5:28:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Battles have been won, and victories had been claimed, but for an admin pushed toward the edge of retreat, only bitter endings met his arrival back to Sootopolis.

The addition of a new body came with more than a few stirred questions and bouts of surprise, it came with the pressure to achieve a reason for such drastic measures.

Was there a reason?

That question bred the uncertainty of his descent down the spiral staircase leading to the prison's lower cells. After they'd escaped from the ultra sea realm, he had taken measures to ensure their secrecy - gags, ear muffs, blindfolds, and the like.

And now, after several days of silence, he had found himself readied to take on his mistake.

"State your full name."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 11:49:00 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
time flows differently down here.
[break][break]
she measures it in hunger pangs and tears that have stopped coming. both make for terrible timekeepers, dulling her perception into a muddied estimation of a couple days to an eternity between the war and now. [break][break]
heavy footsteps descending from above, steady and purposeful. guard shift changes are one of the few routines she has tried to follow since being thrown in here, but this feels too soon. she shrinks away from the cell door regardless, shying away until her back is pressed against the cold wall behind her and she has nowhere left to retreat to.
[break][break]
the footsteps grow louder, closer, until her captor appears. she follows his movements with her eyes, still as an animal cornered.
[break][break]
"a — " [break][break]her voice fails, the words dying in her raw throat.
[break][break]
"annalise henderson."
[break][break]
she forces it out, hoarse.
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] [break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 21:03:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A tightly woven kakashi mask fitted on his face, allowing only the tiniest peaks of his silhouette; of his sharp, green eyes. He took a moment to stare down onto the frail piece of the league. Her quivering body reminded him of poochyena rolling in its powerlessness.

"Mm."

annalise henderson.

So their records were right. This was the region's ex-head ranger.

He took a step forward, face stilled in its cloak of stoicism.

Shadows carved his face, baring the fangs of possibilities left unknown, and his expressions offered no dispute to the ideas one might conjure for themself.

Questions bubbled in his head, but most were of the useless variety - mainly because interrogation efforts had been left to and .

He had already played his part in this game.

Still.

"What are you thinking about?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 23:22:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
her heart hammers against her ribs as he takes another step closer to her cell. the wrought iron bars — the very ones that keep her trapped down here — are now the only thing between her and and the pain she fears he'll inflict if the distance between them closes.
[break][break]
his next question catches her by surprise.
[break][break]
annalise had expected him to delve into her career as head ranger, try to extract something worthwhile out of the old information she has, but he doesn't. the wild-eyed look in her eyes clouds over in guarded confusion. [break][break]is this some kind of trick?
[break][break]
the answer that comes to mind first is: am i going to die here?
[break][break]
but she doesn't really want to know. not yet. she picks something else out of her racing thoughts.
[break][break]
" ... how many days has it been?"
[break][break]a safe question.
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 18:40:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Memories of his conversation with came to mind; together, emerged with memories of that forsaken phone call, of his conversation with that cold night, of his painstaking realizations among petalburg's gravesite with , of the distraught that twisted inside as he curled into 's lap. The memories swirled into a coalescence of dripping emotions.

Emotions that were kept barred behind lock and key.

"Several."

His stare doesn't stray.

"What else?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 19:18:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
several.
[break][break]
starved of information, annalise consumes whatever she can, no matter the brevity of it. she gives the slightest incline of her head, an acknowledgement of his answer that is more rote than meant for him. she starts to piece together a timeline in her mind, but his insistence scatters her thoughts like a drop in still water. [break][break]
"did we lose?"
[break][break]
it doesn't feel safe to answer his probing questions, but she steps into the waiting mouth of the steel trap anyways. at least she'll get to know what happened to the league that night before it snaps shut.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 20:02:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Yes."

Curiosity allured him closer until the steel beams prevented any further moment. So, instead, he leaned a hand against it. Cold to the touch, the metal bit into his skin.

"You lost."

In more ways than one.

"Why worry about that now?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 21:16:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
there's no subtlety in her movements. she tries to tuck herself closer to the back wall as his curiosity lures him closer to the bars, the fabric of her shirt scraping against concrete as she shifts closer to one side of the cell. whatever courage she has left that affords her to respond to his questions holds no ground against the way his hand comes up and presses against the metal between them. [break][break]
"because my friends were out there."
[break][break]
and she'd left them all on uncertain terms. her throat feels tighter as she lingers on the thought of . there's no reprieve — either she worries about her loved ones or slows down enough to acknowledge where her captivity inevitably leads to.
[break][break]
"i'm not head ranger anymore," she volunteers the news on her own, voice small and wavering. [break][break]"i don't have any info that you don't already have."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 1:25:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He shrugged, apathtic to her admission.

If there was something to siphon from her, and would find it. And, if there wasn't, he'd be the one to dispose of their problem.

"Hm."

But, there had been something curious about what she'd spoken to him. Something that drew his hand to his back pocket. The blinding light of his phone screen smiled back at him, and after a few swipes and nods, an answer was found.

"Your friends haven't reached out yet," he noted before clicking his phone close, "maybe they forgot." 

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 21:46:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise watches him take out his phone with rapt attention, eyes narrowing slightly against the light that illuminates his disguised features. [break][break]mostly disguised, she realizes, risking a glance at the exposed parts of his face while his attention is elsewhere. green eyes, half-lidded as he looks down — the image embeds in her mind like glass shards in skin, something to be drawn out later when the memory of it finds the surface again.
[break][break]
he turns his phone's screen off, extinguishing the harsh light with a click of a button. he tries to extinguish her hopes, too, and the thought of her friends forgetting about her — as unbelievable as it should sound — makes her circumstances feel that much more bleak.
[break][break]
it's only been a few days, she reminds herself, steeling herself with the knowledge he gave her.
[break][break]
"they're going to come get me."[break][break]
a small rebellion in her otherwise compliant stay as his hostage, emboldened by the thought of him and and every other rocket getting what they deserve once league forces arrive. [break][break]
"soon."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:52:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Sure."

It wasn't like Felix to stray around a hostage, much less participate in conversation with them. But, the more he stared down at her, shaken and waning behind the solid bars of her confinement, the more he felt something twitching deep inside himself.

Something familiar.

And deeply infuriating.

"How long are you willing to wait?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:55:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"i don't know."
[break][break]
because she really doesn't. these last few days have been enough to make her feel stir crazy, so it's hard to imagine weeks, months, longer. the thought, as briefly as it crosses her mind, allows despair to find its roots — first in her stomach, then cold in her veins. the fire in her eyes wanes to embers again.
[break][break]
"i don't really have any other choice, anyways."
[break][break]
she crosses her arms protectively against her chest, fingers curling into her biceps. [break][break]

@

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 2:58:51 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"You don't."

His agreeance to the fact is solidified by the crumble of gravel beneath his shoe. It rolled loudly under his sole, a grating sound to interrupt the all-encompassing silence that surrounded them.

For a minute, he just stands there, like a scarecrow overlooking its crops. Shadows extend from his touch, looming beasts to which licked the traces of the prisoner's skin.

Then, a beat later, he left. Not leaving another word behind.

Until a week later.

When he returned, it is not without the similar thud of his heavy footsteps bouncing down the staircase's steps, a similar echo to his first appearance down below.

He stopped at the bars, just as before.

"..."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 4:22:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
he leaves.
[break][break]
people come and go in the gulf of his absence. more talkative than him, crueler than him. annalise isn't sure how much time passes down here, but it feels like a small eternity before she hears his heavy steps on the stairs again.
[break][break]
she meets his gaze through the bars, wide-eyed with fear and uncertainty. there's less trust and more bruises this time — ones she tries to cover up by uselessly tugging on the sleeve of her shirt. she can't hide her weaknesses, not from the very captor who can make her feel vulnerable with a look and unwavering silence.
[break][break]
the nothingness needles at her, so she breaks the silence herself. her voice grates her ears, raw from periods of screaming and then disuse.
[break][break]
" ... you're back."
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"] +

@

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
DEVIL LIKE ME
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 7:00:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
'I'm back.' he would've said, had this been with anyone else, under any other circumstance. It would've been said in classic-Felix-like fashion, terse and only reassuring the observation already stated.

But he didn't feel like himself. Far from it.

For the first time since the beginning of their meetings, the lofty figure perched himself against one of the few steel chairs still left scattered around the cell. From there he adjusted himself, straightening his back just enough to allow himself a high enough vantage point to peer into the small cell, where the thimble of gold still laid, as broken as he'd left her.

"I heard you haven't been eating?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights