TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 21:44:11 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine1"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The clack of high heels echoes down the hallway leading to 's laboratory, punctuating each step with a sharp, crisp sound. They strike the floor with purpose, each click signalling the arrival of a confident presence. The tempo of Katherine's steps quickens the closer she is to the entrance until, finally, the door abruptly opens.
[break][break]
"Doctor Morales," Rayquaza's Peacemaker is bestowed upon with a soft, gentle smile by the Malevolent, polite and insincere in its arrival. "It's good to see you again."
[break][break]
Katherine definitely wasn't here to catch up or check if the woman survived the Ultra Deep Sea better than others, was she?

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 5:31:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s train of thought is derailed as abruptly as Kathrine’s entry. A mildly irritated emerald gaze snaps up to meet the Malevolent. The blue hues of her computer cast her tired features in a rather sharp light. It takes her mind a moment to get back on track and assess the situation. It takes an extra few seconds to register when the last time she saw Kathrine was. An AQUA meeting most likely.

“Councilwoman Fairburne,” she challenges Katherine's soft smile with one of her own: sincere and delicate around the edges, “What brings you down to the depths of the research department?” her domain. She’s not naive, Eva knows this isn’t a social call.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 19:13:31 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Mm."
[break][break]
The weight of her newfound title, Councilwoman, still lingered upon her heart, an elixir of pleasure and pride that fuels her every movement. In response to the melodious sound of her new role, her posture, already impeccable, undergoes the slightest of adjustments, as if eager to mirror the elevated stature she now embodies.
[break][break]
"This report does," she concedes smoothly, the words flowing effortlessly from her lips, embracing Eva's tacit agreement to jump right to it. There was little point in beating around the bush, after all.
[break][break]
With a graceful motion, the Malevolent glides the file across the scientist's desk, a silent invitation for the Peacemaker to delve into its contents with her discerning gaze. The report she offered belonged to Eva herself, detailing the tampering identified in 's Blue Orb. "I suspect I have something in my possession that might have suffered a similar treatment."
[break][break]
And then, a heartbeat later, "Can you tell me more about how the blue orb was tampered with? What was done to it? Can this be easily identified in other objects?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".katherine1"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/VJW9HmG/31.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .katherine1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .katherine1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".katherine1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 20:57:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 People had a knack for sliding files across her desk. For some reason, it always seemed to be the thing to do. A practiced hand reaches out to snatch the file.

The Professor’s gaze flicks down towards the folder’s contents. Silence lingers for a moment while her eyes dart across the pages. She doesn’t need to read it to remember everything. She wrote it after all.

“Yes, the Blue Orb,” she sets the file down and focuses her attention back towards Katherine. There is a sparkle of intrigue in a slightly narrowed gaze. As always, the promise of discovery draws her in like the addict she is.

“Oh really?” her brows shoot up and she doesn’t attempt to hide her interest, “And what might that possession be?” she leans forward, her fingers tapping against the cover of the report, “Everything I know is in here,” the nature of the contamination was unknown as well as the extent. She hadn’t revisited the subject since she initially tested it, “This was a while ago . . . so I may be able to glean a little more with updated research. Depending on the object, I assume the same process could apply to seeing if what you have really was tampered with,” the energy signals would be the same if that was the case. If it was something different . . . then there was just more to discover.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 21:25:20 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"I figured you'd ask."
[break][break]
Katherine's limited acquaintance with Eva did little to dampen her impression that the professor possessed an innate curiosity, one that could be effortlessly captivated by the allure of delving into uncharted realms of research. There was none better than her, a newly-elected councilwoman, who could supply such a rare opportunity.
[break][break]
The GRISEOUS SHARD attached to her necklace glimmers lightly before reality distorts, bending to the Malevolent's whims. A tear in space opens itself and allows passage for a similar, albeit smaller golden shard to emerge. It falls to her palm, its shimmer and pulse matching that of its twin.
[break][break]
"It's this thing," she says simply, flatly, before placing it on the desk. The distorted energy remains heavy in the air, palpable despite having already dissipated. "Do be careful with it, yes?" she warns with a smile that whispers of concealed threats.
[break][break]
"Hrm, hrm. Well, it's best we get to it then. I'd hate to waste your time in case there's nothing wrong with it."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 6:03:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 As always, Kathrine doesn’t disappoint. Eva’s limited interactions with the previous Elite Four member had always exceeded her expectations and this is no different. She plucks a shard out of the Distortion world as if she was picking apples. Even the oppressive nature of the distorted energy doesn’t dampen her intrigue - it heightens it.

Eva handles the piece with an impressive tenderness. It’s not the first rare and delicate artifact she’s had the pleasure of examining. Katherine’s threat is unnecessary, but Eva smiles anyway, she knows it makes the dotting owner feel more comfortable, “Interesting,” she speaks softly, her brows knit together in contemplation.

“A few questions first,” she abruptly breaks her focus from the shard and back to Kathrine, “Questions pertinent to the evaluation,” Eva quickly clarifies to ensure the Malevolent she’s not wasting her time. After all, time lost is lost forever.

“A thorough history is part of a swift diagnosis,” she gently sets the shard down between them, now entirely focused on Kathrine and whatever tale she weaves, “Where did you obtain this artifact?”

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 19:32:04 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"It was a gift."
[break][break]
Katherine ran her tongue across her teeth as though the taste of her words surprised her. Although she wasn't lying, she could have easily been more honest with the head scientist. But then again, saying it came along with a job offer wouldn't have made the best impression on Eva.
[break][break]
The faint glimmer of her own GRISEOUS SHARD, the one attached to her necklace, pulses once more, breathing as though it's alive.
[break][break]
"I'm certain of the authenticity of this one, by the way," she's kind enough to share more, courteous enough to recognize that it might support the scientist's investigation, "you could try comparing them, if you'd like."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 2:59:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s patience blossoms into a wider smile. Her success fully banked on Katherine’s cooperation and willingness to share. The vague answer was not what she needed, but it was all she was going to get, apparently. Eva learned long ago that prying and demanding more never made anyone feel more comfortable.

“A gift,” she repeats pointedly, the punctuated statement reflecting how vague of an answer it was, “Some must have been feeling quite generous,” she muses out loud, “I imagine something like this is hard to come by.”

Eva’s gaze lingers on the necklace for a moment then slowly draws a trail back down to the one in question, “That would certainly be useful, yes,” having a control is always important, “What makes you so worried about this one in particular?” she motions to the one on the desk between them, “Does it act as if it's contaminated or are you just worried about its origin?”

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
Melodrama [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 22:22:44 GMT
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"It is."
[break][break]
She has had to slaughter her alternate self for the first shard, negotiate with team rocket's boss for the second, and travel to a different realm to find the third. And that's excluding the imaginary one she sought in the Ultra Desert and nearly paid for with her life.
[break][break]
With a touch of hesitance, the necklace is delicately removed and placed gently upon the table, nestling itself beside the other shimmering fragment.
[break][break]
"The latter, yes. This shard," she gestures at the one that could be contaminated, "came from a person I don't particularly trust. It hasn't done anything strange yet, though."

[break][break]