Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Prescribed Bed Rest [M]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 2:25:30 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Aubre couldn’t understand war. What could be so important that killing others was worth it? Ideology? What stopped people from just talking to each other? Why did people struggle so much to just set aside differences?

This confusion was never on clearer display than tonight. A few days after Post-Dormitum, the small clinic struggled to come up for air. A parade of injured Pokemon—some wild and many veterans—threatened to drown the staff. Each injury was worse than the last. And, somehow, her heart never managed to reach the blissful numbness other people talked about.

Each failure stabbed her heart as deeply as the first. Being forced to decide which Pokemon deserved to be front of the line, hurt her soul in a way that was hard to describe. Because every patient taken back was just one more left out in the cold. Hoping to get ahead of the influx, Aubre decided to stay late. Her exhausted hands, raw from repeated washings, quickly made their way through new patient paperwork.

She paused only to call and tell her daughter tonight. “Good night, Mikky. I’m sorry I can’t be there tonight. Mommy loves you, okay? “ Her daughter made a noise somewhere between a huff and a sniffle. “I’ll be back soon.” The apology is somehow hollow in her throat. No matter how much she missed Mikky, she couldn’t leave patients here to die. Especially not for a conflict many of them wanted no part in. The doctors who saved her were probably exhausted. But they made it. Aubre needed to do the same.

Sweat flooded her. A familiar nightmare approached n fiery paws. But the Houndoom shifted between a dozen different Pokemon. All of them whispering words of blame. The patients she lost over the last couple of days. This chimeric, terrifying mass of powerlessness opened its mouth to expose teeth of fiery fangs. Heat tore into her flesh as she snapped into wakefulness. “NO!?” She awoke with a start. She couldn’t see the clock, but she knew it was after midnight.

She sat groggily up in her seat, the scars on her back screamed. A reminder of the power of good posture. Into the darkness, she spoke. “Hey, Al?” In the corner chair, Alastor blinked awake. “Heli?” His frill was wrinkled, much like the blanket on his lap. “Are you—?”That’s when she heard it. The noise that woke her up. A roar from the Gyarados in the Pokemon sanctuary out back.

Something’s wrong. Not bothering to pull on her lab coat or shoes, the doctor raced into the backyard. Her eyes widened as she saw chaos. Pokemon were free of their enclosures. And Chester, poor sweet, neglected Chester, was seconds away from smiting an intruder with a Hyper Beam. A few scared Chatot—the victims of a poison let out during the Dewford fight—fluttered between them. “Excuse me, Sir.” The doctor frowned. She managed to keep the tremble out of her voice. “I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

Alastor, no longer sleepy, drew even with his trainer. Unlike Aubre, he didn’t believe in asking questions. This guy was definitely bad news. It wasn’t like tourists broke into clinics at 2 AM. And, he knew the redhead was aware of that too.

“The office is closed.” Or, well, that was what the sign said. But she was pretty sure she hadn’t—the backdoor wasn’t exactly closed.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Prescribed Bed Rest [M]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 3:12:49 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The supply of pokemon in Rocket had been thinned by the Dewford battle. Not empty, of course, and not in threat of running dry. Just lower than before. There had been many lost or injured during the fight.[break][break]

Where did people bring pokemon in groups? That didn't belong to Rocket?[break][break]

Well, that's why Temp was here to start.[break][break]

Stealth wasn't usually his thing. His voice was still shot from the damage that had done to him.[break][break]

When someone dares to approach him, Temp can't speak to her. Or to his own pokemon. A Shinx, glowing, darted around the area. Sparks escaped from her cheeks. Flames danced, blasted at anything that dared approach. The Hisuian Arcanine chased down pokemon who tried to flee, grabbing them in her maw to shake until they fainted. All so Temp could steal them.[break][break]

Temp narrowed his eyes and shook his head.[break][break]

His one offer of mercy, to run, before he tried to take her out.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Prescribed Bed Rest [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 2:05:42 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Tempest Quinn. Criminal, terrorist, and Rocket Beast. Lovely that the universe decided not to send her a grunt or pick pocket.

The head shake was met with narrowed eyes. “I can’t let you do this.” Angry tears pricked at her eyes. “I don’t even understand why you would. I'm sure some of these Pokemon were Rocket born to begin with." She took a deep breath, surprised to find the urge to shirk shrinking. All this stupid dogmatic nonsense just delays the inevitable.” She was surprised to hear the rage in her own voice. Rarely did she voice a negative opinion. “One day you’ll have to sit down, talk, and work out your differences.” But, for some reason, power decided there had to be a war first.

Now’s your chance to leave. Make sure you kiss your baby good night. But the very idea churned her stomach like expired seafood. What kind of person would she be if she just watched him kidnap her patients? These Pokemon trusted and depended on her. Many of them had cried tears of pain into her lap as she told them it was going to be okay. A squeal of pain made the doctor turn on reflex-her eyes sliding toward the Arcanine.

With an alarmed squawk, Alastor jerked her hand. He shook his head once, frill expanding with concern. He shook his head. Together from cradle to now, his warning was apparent. Right, it’s a dog. Why did it have to be a dog? Her eyes caught a glimmer of orange as flames flared Oh, great, it breathes fire. She took a deep breath, trying her best to banish thoughts of Mikaela and the alley. Those things had nothing to do with now. And if she didn’t focus, it’d end badly.

She was Aubre McKenna—child of an elite four and niece to a former champion coordinator. Pokemion battling ran in her veins—passionate o not. Her Pokemon trusted her. With a look of determination, she lifted her eyes to Tempest. “Alastor, let the other Pokemon out.” They weren’t prisoners, after all. They’d be better off if they could evade on their own. With a gentle touch to his trainer’s hand, the Heliolisk ran to do as he was bidden.

Taking the key card from her waist, he moved to unlock the other paddock.

From her ball, she pulled another Pokeball. From it, a Swampert appeared. Instantly, the normally jovial creature knew something was wrong. “Serena, take care of our friend. Mudshot!” With a bellow, the Swampert barrelled toward the Hisuian dog. A ball of mud was summoned from the Earth, aimed right at the dog’s mug. Then, on its heels, a Hydro Pump followed. Pick on someone your own size, mutt.

Green eyes lifted to the tired eyes of the Gyarados. “I’m sorry.” She offered a tight-lipped smile. Can you help me just this once?” He rose to his full height. He shook his head. The little one did not need to apRetired or not, he had no intention of letting someone take his home.

Bad type match-up or not, he felt equipped to handle a kit.

Aubre’s hand slid to her phone in her pocket, fingers trembled as she pulled it out.

Uses Mud Shot and Hydro Pump on Arcanine

Gyarados prepares a Hyper Beam

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Prescribed Bed Rest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:28:12 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD END!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: