snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:10:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]aftermath is always a tricky thing to navigate.

it's never a relieving release of air, instead riddled with what ifs and instances of narrowly avoiding terrible outcomes.

this period of lull following the rifts expansion feels no different. she finds no solace, no savior, within these lab walls... only muddled overthinking and slow understanding.

her head snaps up at the sound of the bell, her smeargle letting out a confused sort of noise a moment later.

"silph."

it's less biting of a greeting.

"what can i do for you?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:00:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“REYES.”

this part of the building has become second nature to him. he recognizes these halls well enough even if he doesn’t visit its inhabitants. after all, they now rest under his domain.

i’m here as a courtesy check in. how are you doing?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:08:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oh, right...

check ins are normal now, aren't they? with him at the helm of the science department, she has slowly grown accustomed to these instances. as annoying as they are, they're necessary in the end.

"fine."

noncommittal at best and off-putting at worst, it's the only thing she can really supply him.

"and you?"

he is, after all, in a similar state of aftermath as she is. an odd place, halfway in the present with the mind wandering to the recent past.

"i assume you sustained no injuries during the rift operation?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:27:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“FOUR BROKEN RIBS,” he reveals, “along with a sprained elbow. the medical wing doesn’t think i’ll have any lasting damages from my concussion.

her short hand approach is countered with oversharing. if she will not supply him with a tangible statement then he’ll pry it from wired shut mouth.

after we separated, i regrouped with morales to hold a point.

it takes a lot for the league to lose. with an operation that lasted an entire day, there’s plenty of skirmishes and opportunities to lose.

she got restless and decided to go play hero.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:34:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"ah, i see."

it takes a moment but soon, a light coating of healing mist begins to spread around the room. it always stops once the five foot radius has been reached. some days, she wishes it'd expand... if only to feel a sense of normalcy in relation to her past instances of power. it never will. she will make peace with such a thing one day.

today, however, is not that day.

"well, that is to be expected of ."

faintly, there's a warm smile rising. she means it with affection, with an of course she would because she is a hero air to the concept.

"it is unfortunate we could not retrieve the seal stone, but i'm glad everyone came out with minor injuries."

major ones had been healed in triage centers, her own eyes overseeing the treatment.

"though, i do worry for what's to come now."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:48:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“HM,” he muses with heavy judgement. “minor injuries. not what i’d call it, but i suppose it’s good to remain optimistic.

he looks beyond her and into her lab. the territory of his domain.

what do you think that means for us?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:57:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]optimism is necessary in these times, she decides.

it will do them no good to think in terms of the world ending. otherwise, they have already lost.

"nothing good, i'm afraid."

in the wrong hands, the seal stone is a terrifying concept... but would it have been any safer in the league's custody?

"if they use the stone to its highest potential, the result could be catastrophic for hoenn."

the creator used to further rocket's own goals is an end result she will fight tooth and nail to prevent from occurring, no matter the cost.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:13:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“AH.”

his roaming eye settles back onto her. now she has his curiosity.

what does that mean, reyes? in detail.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:21:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a soft hum and beckons for him to follow her to the coffee bar. this conversation calls for more energy than she currently has.

and while a new pot is prepared, the telltale sound of coffee brewing echoing a moment later, her eyes drift toward him.

"if the reports and their associated rumors are to be believed, the seal stones would bring one closer to locating the original creator. or, well, vice versa... they could act like a beacon for all we know."

her smile is faint, awkward, worried.

"in the wrong hands, i fear what will come of the use of these stones. will we face judgement at rocket's hands should the rumors be correct?"

or is she worrying for nothing? there is no way to tell at this current point in space-time.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 5:17:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“AH, I SEE.”

her answer proves satisfactory. whether it be the league or silph co., there is always a faint light of when fernando approves of the information he’s being fed. for not every businessman understand the depths or nuance of their work. many crunch numbers. others are just there to take responsibility.

but the ceo of silph co. is not just a ceo. he is their head and face. so, even if he can never reach her level, he must understand, fundamentally, what she does.

that is the leader he holds himself to be.

unfortunate, that we’ve lost them.” he sidesteps the topic as if it means little. “what are you working on now, then?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 0:04:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums understanding, feigns acceptance... for they should have come out on top this time around.

the stones should be theirs. she does not want to accept a reality where the league has failed once more. not again.

"dimensional investigations, mostly."

when the pot of coffee finishes brewing, she is quick to pour some into a nearby mug. her eyes drift toward him, a question lingering in the stare. does he want a cup too?

"there is a focus on preparation for sea hoenn's inevitable arrival, as well, but that is slower in progressing."

she flashes a small, haunted smile.

" and i will be visiting the dimensional pocket beneath rustboro soon to study the abbiati's silver spire. the report will reach your desk once we've concluded."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 2:31:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“AH.”

he doesn’t voice his concern about both of them going. he knows better than to try and dissuade anyone from throwing away their lives. none of them listen. no one understand the gravitas of what losing resources means.

it’s why so many people still want to stage a rescue for and without knowing where they are. they want to be the hero.

speaking of morales, how has she been?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 3:32:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a blink follows the question.

how is ?

in simple terms...

"fine, i suppose."

nothing's ever quite as simple, though, is it?

eva has her own demons to battle, some that used to be called home or love or two arms wrapped around the frame of the body.

she understands, knows all too well, but she wouldn't dare breathe life into it as her own.

"if you wanted to know the details of how she's doing, you could just ask her?"

her lab is next door, after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
the 1
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 6:40:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE ONE

MISSION

“I ASKED,” is an immediate dismissal of her alternative. “but sometimes we are unaware of where we stand. in those moments, it is up to those closest to use to let us know.

it’s not a request.

and to watch out for us. especially when we prove too prideful or feel too ashamed despite not being at fault.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the 1
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 2:39:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i have been watching out for ."

her eyes are sharp when they turn toward him. cautionary, even.

"however, i will not disclose her personal business. all i will say is i am assisting and supporting her as best as i can."

she would not leave her science sister high and dry.

no, is too important to her to even consider such a thing.

besides... she still remembers their girls night, the discussion, the subsequent breakdown. and, against her will, the conversation with himself.

it causes a frown to materialize.

"we do need more hands in the labs, though, if you can help with that."